• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Information for Newbees Coins vs Bars (Opinion)

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Folks this is not going to be a localized or national event. This is going to hit worldwide. Yes, All nations will react differently. We should see the EU's reactions around June 28th 2021 especially since it looks like the US will not enter the sandbox until 2023.
But the King (usd) is Dead. Long live the King ( which I never understood) and my WAG is the US will be hard hit, especially the urban settings.
My WAG the more rural w/ tillable soil, Well w/ good water or water way. And the ability to do some Husbandry, The better.
AND
Out of sight out of mind.
Usually the best places to go will be someplace you are already familiar with.
Grass will not be greener on the other side of the border, Strangers In a Strange Land.
DYODD
I'm not sure how many farmers or gardeners we have on board but growing food is not easy. My chickens cost a fortune to feed. I could buy a whole lot of eggs for what the pets cost to feed. Growing food will take man power, skill , seeds equipment and fertilizer. Then there is the problem of guarding fields from human and animal varmints. Its going to be a mess if it comes to that.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Livestock gaurd dogs will keep your chickens safe (and property if not too big), so they can find their own food in spring/summer/fall, then all you have to worry about is winter feed. of course you have to keep the chickens out of your garden, and feed the dog(s). One dog will be ok for a small/medium flock of chickens.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Being mobile is a tough one. Plan a is to stay and hold out on the farm. Plan b is known to me and instructions are in the 'book' both hubby and son know to look at should tsreallyhtf.

Our plan b took a lot of time and effort and hopefully (fingers crossed) I've planned and set things up well.

Here ya go noobies, $10,000 of Franklin halves. :2 thumbs up:
free shipping~~

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many farmers or gardeners we have on board but growing food is not easy. My chickens cost a fortune to feed. I could buy a whole lot of eggs for what the pets cost to feed. Growing food will take man power, skill , seeds equipment and fertilizer. Then there is the problem of guarding fields from human and animal varmints. Its going to be a mess if it comes to that.
that's just it, 99¢ bunch of radishes from the grocery store...takes me 6 - 8 weeks to produce, from the garden, from a pack of seeds

soooooooo

the next best thing to 'saving money' is to grow produce that will re-sprout from seeds the plants themselves produce...food growing has angles to it and i'm working on my project with the intent i'll not have to buy seeds again, i'll use stored rainwater and i'll provide the time

now, i'm partially there, but, the stores will have to have shortages, water prices will have to go up and soon, i'll be saving money

for the time being, it's really not worth it except for the Pride...and i've already got enough of that

but, if the SHTF, it's going to take a multiple months, half a year, at least, to get to where anything from your garden will be viable with all the preparation required...and i'd rather be prepared beforehand...

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Pigs.

Woke Snowflakes.

Boom-sticks.

Use boom-stick to revert Snowflake to Room Temperature. Feed to pig. Cost to farmer: A couple bucks for shells.

Butcher pig at appropriate time. Bacon...sausage...ham for Thanksgiving.

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pigs.

Woke Snowflakes.

Boom-sticks.

Use boom-stick to revert Snowflake to Room Temperature. Feed to pig. Cost to farmer: A couple bucks for shells.

Butcher pig at appropriate time. Bacon...sausage...ham for Thanksgiving.
snort...dude, you got any pigs?????

i don't...but i suppose i could find some, is it now required?????

chuckle

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
snort...dude, you got any pigs?????

i don't...but i suppose i could find some, is it now required?????

chuckle
No, no pigs...but I've known some pig farmers.

Pigs will eat ANYTHING, including the farmer. That's why they're called "pigs."

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I Watched that listing on eBay and the seller just sent me a private offer, he's reducing the price to "only" $255,550.00.

What a deal!

Melt value is currently $202,800.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
that's just it, 99¢ bunch of radishes from the grocery store...takes me 6 - 8 weeks to produce, from the garden, from a pack of seeds

soooooooo

the next best thing to 'saving money' is to grow produce that will re-sprout from seeds the plants themselves produce...food growing has angles to it and i'm working on my project with the intent i'll not have to buy seeds again, i'll use stored rainwater and i'll provide the time

now, i'm partially there, but, the stores will have to have shortages, water prices will have to go up and soon, i'll be saving money

for the time being, it's really not worth it except for the Pride...and i've already got enough of that

but, if the SHTF, it's going to take a multiple months, half a year, at least, to get to where anything from your garden will be viable with all the preparation required...and i'd rather be prepared beforehand...
I had not thought of that. brings to mind Gone With the Wind and Scarlett eating radishes. I'm starting to grow sprouts and bamboo shoots in the house. Ill have enough tomatoes and peppers to freeze for winter. I found this article very interesting and probably doable.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I Watched that listing on eBay and the seller just sent me a private offer, he's reducing the price to "only" $255,550.00.

What a deal!
:laughing: