• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Investing in Marijuana

mph275

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
DEWM is working out for me so far, any thoughts on XTRM?

It will be interesting when these companies actually start producing something.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Definite sell on EAPH, losing all support, dumped dscr, DEWM nice run on news, worth holding but not going in at 014 area.

Are you sure about DSCR SF? I sold half my PHOT position - triple top formation, IMO. Keeping a close eye on FITX, may be running out of steam.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
What do you think Trig? Will MCIG surge again or is this it. From a cup & handle TA standpoint, we may have satisfied the requirement for a top. But it isn't that clear.

Edit: Sold half my CANN for 33.61. Its giving us a second chance with the double-top that hit 36 earlier in the day.

Edit: Sold MCIG at .461

Last edited:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Are you sure about DSCR SF? I sold half my PHOT position - triple top formation, IMO. Keeping a close eye on FITX, may be running out of steam.

DSCR looking weak to me, don't want to be in it over the weekend.

Trigonx

Seeker
Reaction score
Just got back from work, I see mCig tipped .50 then came back down. I'm gonna sell it if volume doesn't pick up soon. If I saw the pull back at .50 i would have sold right away.

ENDO had a massive volume spike when it dropped below .09, gonna keep holding that for now. It had more volume in 30 min than the previous 3 trading days it looks like.

edit: Screw it, I'm gonna hold MCIG still. It's just chilling around .446 -.4589, I don't think it will close below .445(haha maybe it will, people are just throwing shares at the bid)

Last edited:

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
It may go to .60 Trig. But the cup and handle pointed to .50 the bull market may take higher than normal. But it will then correct, normally. Good luck to you. I'm loosing on ENDO and FITX - not much riding on the latter though.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I'm looking for some under performers to sell to get into ZDPY.

BRND had me exited earlier up over 20% then someone must have dumped.

Boy am I glad I sold AXXU yesterday, up 13% today.

Picked up more brnd today at 0017 and 002

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Picked up more brnd today at 0017 and 002

Why is the ask at .25 for BRND? and the bid is .0001. Both etrade and Scttrade.

Oh well, maybe I'll join you and put an order in for the going rate.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Madhatter, quit counting your profits and post something brother. What are your intentions for next week?

We need your insight, what's about to pop?

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Why is the ask at .25 for BRND? and the bid is .0001. Both etrade and Scttrade.

Oh well, maybe I'll join you and put an order in for the going rate.

After hours never show true bid and ask, don't go by them. Closing bid was 0018 and offer was 002, just sit at the bid don't chase it unless news comes out.

Last edited:

TheMadHatter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Madhatter, quit counting your profits and post something brother. What are your intentions for next week?

We need your insight, what's about to pop?

I'm here, just working my ass off before I hop on a plane again. I won't be around much for a few days. I should be back up to snuff around Wednesday. I'm opening a second office in Atlanta and it's taking a ton of my time.

I would like some time to look into VGPR

Last edited:

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Based on the Tesla Gigafactory news and movement on the charts of some lithium producers and explorers, I have decided to go long lithium. I have orders in for AMLM, LTUM, LEXG. We'll see what happens.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...uming-as-much-as-17-percent-of-lithium-output

Tesla Motors Inc Gigafactory May Consume 17% Of Lithium Output

by Marie CaburalFebruary 28, 2014, 11:30 pm

Tesla Motors' planned Gigafactory is expected to help ease the predicted looming lithium oversupply while lithium producer Rockwood Holdings is positioning for an electric vehicle infliction

TwitterFacebookLinkedInGoogle+Email

An analyst at Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE:GS) estimated that the planned Gigafactory of Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) will probably consume 17% of the current lithium output, which is beneficial for lithium producers such as Rockwood Holdings Inc (NYSE:ROC).

Tesla Gigafactory

At present, there are predictions of lithium oversupply. Goldman Sachs analyst, Robert Koort said, “We continue to see a near-term oversupply scenario as likely. An inflection in pure battery electric vehicles may help ease oversupply of lithium around 2020.” He has a Neutral rating for Rockwood Holdings Inc (NYSE:ROC).

According to Koort, the planned Gigafactory of Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) may need approximately 15,000 tons to 25,000 tons of lithium carbonate per year at full capacity. His estimate is higher compared with the 9,000-ton estimate by analysts at Bank of America Corp (NYSE:BAC) last Wednesday.

Tesla factory’s proposed locations

Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) is considering different locations to build its huge battery factory in the states of Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. There are speculations that the electric car manufacturer will eventually chose Nevada given its proximity to the electric car manufacturer’s production facility in Fremont, California. In addition, there is a big lithium factory in Nevada.

According to Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ;TSLA), the Gigafactory would cost between $4 billion and $5 billion. It will invest $2 billion while its partners will provide the remaining funding needed. The electric car manufacturer estimated that the cost of battery pack/KwH will decline by more than 30% by Gen III volume ramp in 2017.

Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) estimated that the Gigafactory’s cell output will be around 35 Gwh/per year and battery pack output at about 50 Gwh/year, and 500,000 vehicles/year by 2020.

Tesla’s convertible notes offering

In a note to investors, Koort said Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) sold $2 billion worth of convertible notes to finance its Gigafactory, which is intended to reduce the price of lithium-ion batteries for vehicles and power storage. According to him, the growing popularity of Tesla electric cars, which use larger battery packs than its competitors in the industry will help ease the looming oversupply of lithium.

Koort noted that Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX:GXY) contributed to the tighter lithium supply outlook when it decided not to resume its production at Mt. Cattlin, Australia. He said Rockwood Holdings Inc (NYSE:ROC) is “positioning for an electric vehicle inflection.” The company is divesting its business units to focus its operations on lithium products and surface treatments.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I'm here, just working my ass off before I hop on a plane again. I won't be around much for a few days. I should be back up to snuff around Wednesday. I'm opening a second office in Atlanta and it's taking a ton of my time.

I would like some time to look into VGPR

That's awesome, I'm glad to hear that your business is taking off. Sorry that I polluted your thread with lithium but I had a hunch based on the electric car movement.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Here is the "List of Authorised Licensed Producers under the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations" for Canadians.

I have not had the time yet to research these companies to see if any are publicly traded or partners with others who are..........

Authorised Licensed Producers Name .......(there are links to each company)

Bedrocan Canada Inc. 1-855-420-7887

Canna Farms Ltd. 1-855-882-0988

CanniMed Ltd. 1-855-787-1577

Mettrum Ltd. 1-844-638-8786

MedReleaf Corp. 1-855-4-Releaf (73-5323)

The Peace Naturals Project Inc 1-888-64-PEACE (73223)

ThunderBird Biomedical Inc. 1-778-588-9528

Tweed Inc. 1-855-55-TWEED (89333)

Whistler Medical Marijuana Corp. 1-604-962-3440

Please verify this website regularly for updated information.
Linking to Non-Government of Canada Websites

Links to websites not under the control of the Government of Canada, including those to our social media accounts, are provided solely for the convenience of our website visitors. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content of such websites. The Government of Canada does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.

Visitors should also be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites to which this website links is not subject to the Next link will take you to another Web site Privacy Act or the Next link will take you to another Web site Official Languages Act and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question. With respect to privacy, visitors should research the privacy policies of these non-government websites before providing personal information.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marihuana/info/list-eng.php

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Thanks spinalcracker but they're not coming up on my Google finance. Are they still private? Do you have TSX symbols?

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It looks to me like they are private.

I did not have time to research to see if any of these legit companies that have the potential making $$$$$ are connected to any of the companies that ya all are trading/discussing etc.......

Medical marijuana in Canada is currently being fought in the courts and there is no legal/recreational marijuana in Canada. Pot is still illegal in Canada for the common person.

Maybe when Trudeau is elected Canada may legalize cannabis. Harper and his conservative party must call an election by 2015 at the latest.

From what I can glean from the web and feel free to correct me if I am mistaken:

MJ is NOT legal in Canada but MEDICAL MJ is. There are roughly 25,000 licensed patients at this time that can buy from the govt, grow their own or designate others to grow for them.
This program ends next April when Licensed Commercial Growers will be the only supply route for MM patients

Thanks spinalcracker but they're not coming up on my Google finance. Are they still private? Do you have TSX symbols?

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Not sure how you'd figure out a private company is making profits... insider info?

Colorado legalized pot for general consumption. Yawn... :boring:

But the big "D" Governor Hickenlooper (owns a lot of alcohol serving establishments in Denver btw) is running around the country telling everyone it's a BAD IDEA!

No conflict of interest there eh?

Another thing about Colorado is there is no smoking of any kind inside just about everywhere (which doesn't bode well for an alcohol serving establishment).

Some might argue it's their 'right' to smoke where ever they choose, but in retrospect, it's really pleasant to go to an eatery and enjoy fresh air while doing so.

So far, no deaths have occurred from legalization... can't say the same for drunk drivers though...

They've attempted to put onerous restrictions on pot consumption, but they sure do like that $100 Million in tax revenues (so far) pouring in since the first of the year!

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Based on the Tesla Gigafactory news and movement on the charts of some lithium producers and explorers, I have decided to go long lithium. I have orders in for AMLM, LTUM, LEXG. We'll see what happens.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...uming-as-much-as-17-percent-of-lithium-output

Tesla Motors Inc Gigafactory May Consume 17% Of Lithium Output

by Marie CaburalFebruary 28, 2014, 11:30 pm

Tesla Motors' planned Gigafactory is expected to help ease the predicted looming lithium oversupply while lithium producer Rockwood Holdings is positioning for an electric vehicle infliction

TwitterFacebookLinkedInGoogle+Email

An analyst at Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE:GS) estimated that the planned Gigafactory of Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) will probably consume 17% of the current lithium output, which is beneficial for lithium producers such as Rockwood Holdings Inc (NYSE:ROC).

Tesla Gigafactory

At present, there are predictions of lithium oversupply. Goldman Sachs analyst, Robert Koort said, “We continue to see a near-term oversupply scenario as likely. An inflection in pure battery electric vehicles may help ease oversupply of lithium around 2020.” He has a Neutral rating for Rockwood Holdings Inc (NYSE:ROC).

According to Koort, the planned Gigafactory of Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) may need approximately 15,000 tons to 25,000 tons of lithium carbonate per year at full capacity. His estimate is higher compared with the 9,000-ton estimate by analysts at Bank of America Corp (NYSE:BAC) last Wednesday.

Tesla factory’s proposed locations

Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) is considering different locations to build its huge battery factory in the states of Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. There are speculations that the electric car manufacturer will eventually chose Nevada given its proximity to the electric car manufacturer’s production facility in Fremont, California. In addition, there is a big lithium factory in Nevada.

According to Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ;TSLA), the Gigafactory would cost between $4 billion and $5 billion. It will invest $2 billion while its partners will provide the remaining funding needed. The electric car manufacturer estimated that the cost of battery pack/KwH will decline by more than 30% by Gen III volume ramp in 2017.

Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) estimated that the Gigafactory’s cell output will be around 35 Gwh/per year and battery pack output at about 50 Gwh/year, and 500,000 vehicles/year by 2020.

Tesla’s convertible notes offering

In a note to investors, Koort said Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) sold $2 billion worth of convertible notes to finance its Gigafactory, which is intended to reduce the price of lithium-ion batteries for vehicles and power storage. According to him, the growing popularity of Tesla electric cars, which use larger battery packs than its competitors in the industry will help ease the looming oversupply of lithium.

Koort noted that Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX:GXY) contributed to the tighter lithium supply outlook when it decided not to resume its production at Mt. Cattlin, Australia. He said Rockwood Holdings Inc (NYSE:ROC) is “positioning for an electric vehicle inflection.” The company is divesting its business units to focus its operations on lithium products and surface treatments.

( At present, there are predictions of lithium oversupply. Goldman Sachs analyst, Robert Koort said, “We continue to see a near-term oversupply scenario as likely. An inflection in pure battery electric vehicles may help ease oversupply of lithium around 2020.” He has a Neutral rating for Rockwood Holdings Inc (NYSE:ROC).

With a oversupply you may want to wait, these guys could get softer. Plus Im sure it will be well over a year before Tesla gets the factory done.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Goldhedge, you are correct sir and I edited my post.

Thanks... :beerglass:

I looked at a few of the companies and saw the prices they were posting. In a perfect world, one would think a company like Canna Farms could turn a profit at these prices.

LATEST NEWS
Projected Prices: $5.00-$7.50/gram

posted on January 31, 2014
Registration NOW OPEN! Pricing coming soon!

posted on January 28, 2014
http://cannafarms.ca/

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
( At present, there are predictions of lithium oversupply. Goldman Sachs analyst, Robert Koort said, “We continue to see a near-term oversupply scenario as likely. An inflection in pure battery electric vehicles may help ease oversupply of lithium around 2020.” He has a Neutral rating for Rockwood Holdings Inc (NYSE:ROC).

With a oversupply you may want to wait, these guys could get softer. Plus Im sure it will be well over a year before Tesla gets the factory done.

You are right SF, I read that also. It reminds me of all of the SA articles telling us to stay away from MJ stocks. I am treating this opportunity as a possible day trade, maybe longer depending on what transpires. I'm sure GS wouldn't be steering their investor's wrong.

Check out the price of Gold due to the Ukraine/Russia situation.

Trigonx

Seeker
Reaction score
Fortunately for me MCIG is not finished yet, just broke it's 52 week high again today. We'll see what happens from here.

edit: well, it hit a wall at .529

Last edited:

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Good luck Trig. Its giving you another chance. I just picked up some ERBB at .024. I just sold LTHU at a little over 100% profit .012 bought .0075.

LTUM is up over 30% after being down over 30% watching it.

AMLM is dogging me down 9%, it was looking the most promising, as in steady climb.

MYEC doing well. CANN a real surprise, seems to be levitating but I'm afraid to get back in NOW, as with EAPH.

Looking at CBDS may add some.

Last edited:

Trigonx

Seeker
Reaction score
I am being crushed by ERBB, almost all the profit I made in my original trade of ERBB is gone. When it shoots up I'm just recouping money, oh well.

I honestly didn't expect it to hit this low, i was thinking .028 to .03 would be the low then bounce.

edit: On the bright side, it looks like ERBB is heading back up now.

Last edited:

Trigonx

Seeker
Reaction score
Good luck Trig. Its giving you another chance. I just picked up some ERBB at .024. I just sold LTHU at a little over 100% profit .012 bought .0075.

LTUM is up over 30% after being down over 30% watching it.

AMLM is dogging me down 9%, it was looking the most promising, as in steady climb.

Imagine if you played LTHU on Friday AND Today. That spike on both days, wow.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
edit: On the bright side, it looks like ERBB is heading back up now.

That's what I want to see also Trig. What do you guys think about CBDS, it looks like add time, someone just bought about 6000 shares.

I bought LEXG on my etrade account. That's up 50%, a lot of pumping on that guy I believe as I got a pop up on ihub for it.

Trigonx

Seeker
Reaction score
That's what I want to see also Trig. What do you guys think about CBDS, it looks like add time, someone just bought about 6000 shares.

I bought LEXG on my etrade account. That's up 50%, a lot of pumping on that guy I believe as I got a pop up on ihub for it.

LEXG got another little pop there to boost it to near 100% for the day.

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Reaction score
From the non-tokers at Casey Research.

Should You Invest in the Marijuana Boom?

Dan Steinhart, Managing Editor, The Casey Report

I was planning to explore the investment landscape of the burgeoning marijuana industry today, but it looks like the party’s already over.

Appearing before the Maryland Legislature, Annapolis Police Chief Michael Pristoop testified that 37 people died in Colorado on the first day of legalization from overdosing on marijuana.

What a damn shame. With morbid stats like that, the government can’t possibly allow the legalization trend to proceed any further. People’s lives are at stake!

Except they’re not. Chief Pristoop got those stats from a tongue-in-cheek story in The Daily Currant, a satirical newspaper à la The Onion. He believed it to be legitimate, so he cited it during testimony. Despite the fact that exactly zero people in history have died from overdosing on marijuana.

As you surely know, Colorado and Washington recently became the first states to legalize marijuana for recreational use, joining 18 other states that have legalized it for medical use only. Legalization is gaining steam across the US, and that’s unlikely to change—if only because, other than citing fake facts, opponents of legalization have no argument.

Opposition to legalizing marijuana is dwindling for the same reason that opposition to gay marriage is dwindling: there’s no intelligent reason to oppose either one. Unless, in the case of marijuana, you’re concerned with its potential to cause more car accidents. But if those are your standards, we should criminalize beer, cellphones, and makeup, too.

One thing’s for sure: the investment world is enamored with the idea of a brand-new green industry. As an illustration of exactly how hot this infant sector has become, take a look at this screen shot of an email received by a senior Casey Researcher this week. It’s a news release from a mining company, announcing its intent to “diversify” into the legal marijuana business:

140228image1.jpg

An interesting business decision. I’m not sure what synergies exist between mining and marijuana, nor do I have any particular insight into how Next Gen’s management plans to enter the green business. But I applaud its forward thinking.

Apparently, so does the market. Here’s how Next Gen’s share price reacted to the announcement:

NextGenSharePrice.png

It soared over 300%, transforming from a penny stock into a dime stock in one day. Again, Next Gen didn’t grow earnings, discover a new gold deposit, or accomplish anything tangible. It tripled its valuation simply by announcing its entry into the marijuana business. That’s what I call a scorching industry.

So, should you put some speculative money into the hottest cannabis stock? Let’s take a quick tour around the burgeoning industry to get a picture of its investment prospects, focusing on five factors…

1) Profits Will Plummet

Had Al Capone been born in any other era, he would not have amassed a $100 million fortune. It was Prohibition that allowed him to earn extraordinary returns in the otherwise standard business of providing alcohol to people.

Likewise, legal purveyors aren’t going to earn anywhere near the spectacular returns that criminals enjoyed when marijuana was illegal. Drug distributors can become filthy rich because dealing drugs requires taking extraordinary risks. One misstep and you go to jail. Or worse, the rival Mexican cartel mows you down. That risk premium is why illegal drugs are so expensive, and why marijuana costs $300-400/oz in the US. But it won’t for long.

How can I be so sure? Because we already have a glimpse into the future. Uruguay legalized marijuana in December, and an ounce of the stuff costs $28 there, less than 10% of what it costs to obtain it the US.

It’s true that the Uruguayan government controls the marijuana industry tightly and set that $28/oz price. But the cost to produce marijuana there averages just $14/oz. So $28/oz is a reasonable guess as to where the price of marijuana would settle if the market were allowed to clear.
Going forward, profit margins won’t be nearly as fat as they were in the past.

2) The Government Will Be Heavily Involved

At least one guy will unquestionably make a killing from marijuana’s legalization. His initials are “U. S.,” and he wears a star-spangled hat.

We’re just two months into legalization, and taxes are already hefty. In Colorado, marijuana is subject to a 2.9% sales tax, plus a 10% tax on retail marijuana sales, plus a 15% excise tax based on the average wholesale price. Washington is no better—it plans to exact a 25% excise tax, plus an 8.75% sales tax.

All told, taxes in these early-adopting states will be in the neighborhood of 30%. And that’s before the feds get their cut (more on that momentarily). Further, taxes are the one exception to the rule, “What goes up must come down.” Someday, tokers might look back longingly at that 30%. After all, the average tax on a pack of cigarettes in the US is 42%.

Last, the marijuana industry isn’t going to be the Wild West. Colorado is working to control pretty much every aspect of the market, as evidenced by its 144-page marijuana Rule Book. You can be sure that other states will follow suit.

3) It’s Still Illegal

Though marijuana is now legal in two states, it’s still illegal under federal law. The Obama administration has said it won’t enforce marijuana prohibition in states that legalize it, as long as those states keep it under control. The federal government maintains the same position on medical marijuana, which, somewhat surprisingly, is also still illegal under federal law.

The feds are moving in the right direction, albeit slowly. Two weeks ago, the Treasury Department issued new rules that open the door for banks to do business with legal and licensed marijuana dispensaries.

Of course, once the feds do get on board, they’ll want a piece of the action. So be ready for even higher taxes.

4) Unsavory First Movers

It’s an unfortunate fact that, because the industry was just decriminalized recently, those best positioned to jump quickly into the marijuana business are those who were already in the marijuana business. In other words: people who were classified as criminals just two months ago.

Not that they were necessarily doing anything wrong by growing and distributing marijuana before it was legal. I’m sure plenty of growers and sellers are good people trying to earn a buck, just like those who grow and sell any other crop.

But as with any emerging industry, the first movers will be those who already possess an intimate knowledge of said industry. And in the case of marijuana, that means people who were running illegal businesses. So if you invest in their companies, you’re entrusting your capital to someone who’s willing to break the law.

As an investor, that should give you pause. Tread carefully, and dial your skepticism up to maximum.

5) Weak Candidates

The investment options in this infant industry are, understandably, limited. We’re a ways off from being able to buy a bushel of hemp on the futures exchange. If you want to invest, you’ll have to go with one of a handful of public companies. And unfortunately, none of them looks compelling.
The six companies in the chart below are the purest plays in the marijuana space. Their performance in 2014 is the stuff of legends—the worst performer gained 243% in the last three months:

MarijuanaCompanyValuationsLast3Months.png

But dig into their businesses and you’ll soon find that their value comes from their scientific-sounding names, and not from actually making money.

First, the companies are tiny and only trade on the illiquid over-the-counter markets. Before the share price run-up, only one, CannaVEST, had a market cap above $60 million.

What’s worse, most of them don’t have any revenue. And the ones that do generate revenue spend much more than they earn. Not that this is surprising—hardly any business could become profitable in just two months, so we won’t hold that against them. The problem is their valuations: CannaVEST is worth a staggering $1.8 billion today, and most of the others are all in the hundred-million range.

Let’s put it this way: if an entrepreneur walked into the Shark Tank seeking a $1.8 billion valuation for a company that doesn’t make money, Mark Cuban would laugh him out of the room. Speculative money already took these stocks to the moon. By buying one now, your only hope of profiting is for a greater fool to come along and buy it from you at a higher price.

As I see it, because of sky-high valuations, the risks in this blossoming industry far outweigh the potential reward, at least for a retail investor. I’m sure there are some fantastic private deals out there, and if you’re willing to press the flesh and meet some marijuan-trepreneurs yourself, you could make money.

But for non-full-time investors, you’ll want to watch this trend unfold from the sidelines, waiting for either (1) the speculative bubble to pop, so you can pick up some shares for fractions of a penny; or (2) a leader to emerge and demonstrate it can turn a profit.

Here’s a tip, though: If you’re looking for an investment with potentially spectacular gains, I would like to point you to another drug, this one perfectly legal once it’s FDA-approved. What I’m talking about is an impressive biotech startup my colleague Alex Daley, Casey’s chief technology investment strategist, has dug up.

The company is well on its way to launching a breakthrough Alzheimer’s treatment—which, if successful, is sure to be a game-changer for the medical industry. Clinical trial results are due out in early March, and should they be positive, the stock could easily double on the news… so right now is a great time to get in. Find out more about the company and its revolutionary product in this report.

The article Should You Invest in the Marijuana Boom? was originally published at caseyresearch.com.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I sold LEXG at .122 for about 100% profit. I also set up a buy order at .08 just in case there's a drop in the am.

Awesome trade, continued success.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
What's up with GERS, up 180% trying to sell it bid is only at .012 though. Wish I had more than I do.

I was able to pick up some of the lithium stocks during the low this morning. So far AMLM is doing the best.

Added to FITX a lot of bidders this morning.

Added to CBDS

Last edited:

Trigonx

Seeker
Reaction score
What's up with GERS, up 180% trying to sell it bid is only at .012 though. Wish I had more than I do.

I was able to pick up some of the lithium stocks during the low this morning. So far AMLM is doing the best.

Added to FITX a lot of bidders this morning.

Added to CBDS

I saw FITX take a massive fall this morning, it has slowly been filling that gap. It is trying to get above .06

Did you get that sell off on GERS? Nice flip if so.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I saw FITX take a massive fall this morning, it has slowly been filling that gap. It is trying to get above .06

Did you get that sell off on GERS? Nice flip if so.

I got into FITX at the low but the GERS didn't go through. I have the sell order at .0014 but the bid is .0011. I bought at .0008 so with the current 140% up day, I am only 45% up total. And its under $500 so I'll just leave it for now.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
[h=1]Marijuana Commercials Could Start Airing In Chicago Area[/h]March 3, 2014 5:56 PM

CHICAGO (CBS) – Marijuana ads could run here in May and June via Chicago’s largest cable provider.

CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker takes a look at them in this original report, and you decide if you want to buy what they’re selling.

At the end of the 60 second spot is a promo for marijuanadoctors.com, where you can find physicians willing to review your medical records and if you qualify, write you a recommendation to smoke pot.

Dr. Bodo Schneider has an office in a non-descript building in Orland Park. He’s the only reference we were given for the Chicago area.
“Patients that are coming to this practice are ones that have qualifying conditions that once it becomes legal to do so in Illinois, then they’ll be able to get a recommendation,” said Dr. Schneider.

In a telephone conversation, Jason Draizin, the CEO of marijuana doctors.com, insists doctors like Schneider are necessary.

“A lot of people are not comfortable talking to their primary physician. A lot of their primary care physicians don’t want to recommend the drug to them,” Draizin.

Dr. Dennis Gates is among the doctors who pushed for the medical marijuana law and says all of his colleagues will write a prescription for the drug.

Gates says the website bothers him because, “I don’t see why this is necessary except for these borderline patients.”

We’ve learned that the doctor’s office in Orland Park has the attention of the Illinois Department of financial and professional regulations.

State laws do not allow clinics to operate for the sole purpose of writing marijuana recommendations. State officials will make sure the law is not being violated.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/03/03/marijuana-commercials-to-start-airing-in-chicago-area/

Awesome find as usual Searcher! Thanks a bunch I can't wait!

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Poking through the tickers, I saw CANN up big. I got back in at 37.98 and debating if I should hold it over night. I thought for sure it would correct.

Watching ZDPY for an entry.

Edit: Something may be up. I wonder if the article Searcher posted may have something to do with it.

My GERS sold for .0014 and half my CANN shares sold for $43 even though its priced at $41.

Last edited:

Trigonx

Seeker
Reaction score
The big stocks are moving very well today, fspm, mntr, zdpy. Today i wish I never flipped mntr at the end of january. If I would have held my shares at 1.42 that would have been a 5 bagger for me.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
How about that CANN ladies and gentlemen, boy am I glad I sold all those shares at $23. No regrets though, well some to be honest. I got back in with 20 shares this morning.

MYEC a lot of pumping and expectations any takers today? I'm basically holding what I have.

Trigonx

Seeker
Reaction score
Screw work, I wasn't able to take any FSPM off the table at $9.00+ because I didn't even know!

But holy **** at CANN. Man oh man.