• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Investing in Marijuana

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Made a bad move selling mine.

Irrational exuberance SF. They're not following normal technical patterns. They just keep going sometimes, like MCIG the other day.

On a good note, looks like MH will have a nice entry for PHOT and a lot of the others that have been in the red lately. I'm looking at late Friday to pick up some nice deals.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
1.jpg

This one looks interesting... a case for the bulls and the bears...The bulls have a pennant forming...the bears have a gap that might be looking to get filled...

Keep an eye on the RSI. In uptrends - the RSI stays above 40. In downtrends it doesnt rise above 60...

TheMadHatter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Irrational exuberance SF. They're not following normal technical patterns. They just keep going sometimes, like MCIG the other day.

On a good note, looks like MH will have a nice entry for PHOT and a lot of the others that have been in the red lately. I'm looking at late Friday to pick up some nice deals.

I was hoping for PHOT under .50 It just took off screaming from .47... Still waiting. Made some quick money on DEWM yesterday

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Of all the stocks in this sector - this is the one that has me intrigued at the moment...I am curious to see how this plays out...

1.jpg

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Question is who are the snakes; MNTR management or the newsletter writers. And why is this article posted on a Friday when day traders always close their positions putting even more pressure on a particular stock. I'm debating on whether I should put all my powder on MNTR or FITX. Then again, FITX received positive news so it may be time to sell.

Mentor Capital: Use Caution When Kissing Snakes

by Guest PostMarch 21, 2014, 9:50 am

TwitterFacebookLinkedInGoogle+Email

Via TRISTERO RESEARCH

“If you identify someone of questionable character, don’t do business with them. The dishonesty tax is always too high.” -

“Use Caution When Kissing Snakes” CHET BILLINGSLEY Women’s Voice Magazine

“You can’t do a good deal with a bad guy, if you perceive a character, cut your losses.”

“With a hard working, honest fellow you can do a lot.” “Carefully screen them for good character”

CHET BILLINGSLEY in Women’s Voice Magazine

Mentor Capital (MNTR) came to my attention on Monday when I saw this press release from the company. I was interested, and decided to do a little more research into the company. The actions of Mentor Capital and CEO Chet Billingsley seem similar to what they were doing in 2003, when the SEC issued a cease and desist order against the company, which was then known as Main Street AC, Inc. Additionally, some of the companies being acquired are run by individuals who in the past have received bans from the securities industry.

Overview

Mentor Capital, Inc. is a public company that invests in medical and social use cannabis companies. Mentor takes a 10% to 100% position in the various members of our family of participating companies, but leaves operating control firmly in the hands of the cannabis company founders. Because adult social use and medical marijuana opportunities often overlap, Mentor Capital participates in the legal recreational marijuana market. However, Mentor’s preferred focus is medical and the company seeks to facilitate the application of cannabis to cancer wasting, calming seizures, Parkinson’s disease, reducing ocular pressures from glaucoma and blunting chronic pain.

The stock trades at $6 a share, and has a market cap of $70 million according to the OTC Markets website.

mentor

Source: OTC Markets

The stock has done very well recently after a series of press releases and announced acquisitions.

Mentor Capital

Source: Yahoo Finance

Recent press releases.

press-releases

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

Trigonx

Seeker
Reaction score
I have no idea why I never took profits on FSPM, today would have been a good time for me to re enter as it fell to $5.50

Bought some GWPRF at $5.00

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I added to MNTR $4, CBGI .16, CANN 26, FITX .0879

A lot of talk about HEMP and PHOT at ihub. No reason for any of our stocks to be down especially HEMP with 2 news releases.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I added to MNTR $4, CBGI .16, CANN 26, FITX .0879

A lot of talk about HEMP and PHOT at ihub. No reason for any of our stocks to be down especially HEMP with 2 news releases.

What do you think of HEMP?

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
What do you think of HEMP?

I think its a keeper SF. I took my profits when it was in the high 20's and got back in a little early but I think it may be time to consider adding. The CEO has the gift of gab and not ashamed to talk about his arrest record for smuggling weed. Green badge of courage. I believe they claim that they're the only ticker that is geared solely towards Hemp and the new bill signed by Obama, legalizing agricultural hemp, should make HEMP a no brainer. But the market is always right and now the market says it should be selling around .10 which I think is a bargain. I got back in at .15 after taking profit, so I'm currently 32% down. I will continue to hold and add when I can.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I'm glad I took profit. I have mixed feelings about getting back in with a fraction of a position. But it seems to be hanging in there.
CAnn

How low does it go when it starts trading again??

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I missed that ride when it was in the 11's. Watched it go into the thirties then back into the twenties and now this trading halt. It will be interesting to see what happens here, maybe i get my chance to buy in at 11ish again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a buck or two on the first hour, lock and load. I may bottom fish for 1k shares or so.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I wish I knew Southfork. It was looking so promising.

Advanced Cannabis Solutions, Inc. Comments on SEC Stop Trading Order

Mar 27, 2014 15:21:00 (ET)

Advanced Cannabis Solutions, Inc. Comments on SEC Stop Trading Order

COLORADO SPRINGS, CO--(Marketwired - Mar 27, 2014) - (OTCQB: CANN) Today the Securities and Exchange Commission temporarily stopped trading in the Company's common stock. The SEC's reason for the stop trading order was that "There are questions regarding whether certain undisclosed affiliates and shareholders of Advanced Cannabis' common stock engaged in an unlawful public distribution of securities".

No one at the SEC contacted the Company or any of its officers or directors regarding whatever questions they had regarding this matter.

All of the shares owned by the Company's officers and directors are restricted and have not traded in the public market.

About Advanced Cannabis Solutions

ACS provides a comprehensive set of solutions to the regulated cannabis industry, including real estate leasing and cannabis business consulting. ACS plans to work exclusively with licensed and regulated clients.

ACS does not grow, harvest, distribute or sell cannabis or any substances that violate United States law or the Controlled Substances Act, nor does it intend to do so in the future.

Contact Information

ACS, Inc.

Robert Frichtel

CEO

(719) 590-1414

Email Contact

www.advcannabis.com

Last edited:

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
This one looks promising right now...

Nuvilex.jpg

Trigonx

Seeker
Reaction score
I think FSPM is finally going to be green at the EOD. 9 straight days in the red with FSPM, it was getting depressing after deciding not to sell a while back. Not going to make that mistake again. Going to take my profits more often and not be so greedy hoping for it to keep rising. Watched a 60% gain go to a 10% loss.

Bought a bit more mCig yesterday, watching it rise today.

Last edited:

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Ruh Roh...

endocan.jpg

This one looks like it might bounce higher...

fusionfarm.jpg

Still suggest caution about this one...

growlife.jpg

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
HEMP under .10 Beginning of the end or the mother of all bounces coming?

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
HEMP under .10 Beginning of the end or the mother of all bounces coming?

Wish I knew, been watching it but the bottom keeps falling lower.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Wish I knew, been watching it but the bottom keeps falling lower.

I'm mostly out at this point. Too many mj stocks are heading South. We may be into a lengthy correction. What goes up like a rocket will eventually deflate before new events, laws, and technical buyers bring the prices up again. I'll have to look for new stocks that are getting attention.

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
PHOT seems to be positioned to gain from more than MJ.

Growlights are used in other "growing" type industries.

I think the MJ boom is over until more States take the plunge into legalization.

Banks still are reluctant to do business...
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101433431

Once the money starts flowing this could change...?

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Nice article goldhedge, do you own phot or other stocks?

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Of all the stocks in the MJ space - this was the only one I identified as having some bullish potential based on the chart pattern (it was forming a bullish pennant). Now it is playing out...

Nuvilex.jpg

mph275

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Right you were, I bought some when I read your initial post. Maybe I will sign up for that newsletter...

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I ended up taking some positions again while protecting my profits. We'll see what happens.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Nice article goldhedge, do you own phot or other stocks?

No I do not.

I'm of the mind if it's not $5 or more it's too risky.

Volume has to be better than 250K and PHOT is, but it's a penny stock.

That said, I'm freaked out about the market. It's totally rigged!

I sense that it's June 1929 all over again...

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
If it is in fact June of 1929 - technical analysis will serve us well...

Here is one that looks to have a better than even chance of having a rally...I would expect a bounce off of the confluence of support (if it dips to test it).

Endexx.jpg

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I would short any rally on this one...

Endo.jpg

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I think its too early to short this - but, I would say its 70-80% probable that there is a significant correction in PHOT in the coming weeks...

phot.jpg

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
CANN to resume trading April 10th. Email reply follows. Since relevant news and information is hard to come by that isn't skewed, I suggest that we each take ownership of several of our favorite stocks and communicate with them directly and post for all to make smart decisions also establish professional relationships with them, for what it may be worth. This along with technical analysis and our own DD will serve us well, IMO

Trading will resume on April 9 at 11:59 p.m. or in other words on the 10th of April. This is according to the Securities Exchange Commission Act of 1934, Release No. 71814/ March 27, 2014.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us at any time.

Best wishes,

Jamie

719-590-1414 phone

719-590-4888 fax

jamie@advcannabis.com

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Yes Jamie I have one more question: What price should I enter in the sell box?

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
CBGI gets a boost from news article.

https://us.etrade.com/e/t/invest/Story?ID=STORYID=20140408SN007189&provider=PRNewswire

Marijuana Sector Stabilizes as Industry Pioneers Forge Ahead - Company Secures Foundation by Acquiring National Security Firm for Cannabis Dispensary Facilities

Apr 08, 2014 09:05:00 (ET)

CORAL SPRINGS, Florida, April 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --

A report on acquisitions, joint ventures and developments in the active Marijuana industry as companies continue to ramp up operations: The CannaBusiness Group, Inc. (OTC: CBGI), Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC: MJNA), Growlife, Inc. (OTCBB: PHOT), Hemp, Inc. (OTC: HEMP) and Tranzbyte Corporation (OTC: ERBB)

The CannaBusiness Group, Inc (OTC Pink: CBGI) announced today that it has acquired an ownership in whose objective is independent security advice and implementation. Our security consultants specialize in security risk management, security optimization, and security design & engineering. Our goal is to develop solutions that protect your bottom line from preventable losses. The acquisition of ownership, consisting of restricted common shares and funding will be provided to hire sales staff, update marketing materials, increase customer base and attend upcoming trade shows in the dispensary and grow operation industry. NSS will focus primarily on the marijuana dispensaries and grow operations with the following plan: The Dispensary Security Plan is essential to show regulators how you the owner plan to protect your equipment, inventory, products, and more importantly, your employees. There are added security challenges that medical marijuana dispensaries and grow operations face, so this Dispensary Security Plan considers many policies, procedures, and systems that provide sufficient protection.

To read the full press release, please click here: http://www.fnmprofiles.com/profiles-cbgi.html

CBGI announces there are two main sections in The Dispensary Security Plan: Facility Security and Operational Security. Both categories are designed to minimize security exposure and prevent breaches before they even occur. However, in the event that preventative measures fail, the Operational Security Plan is designed to quickly observe, monitor, protect, counter and report any situations that do occur.

Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC Pink: MJNA) recently announced it completed the joint venture with LiveWire Ergogenics, Inc. (OTCQB: LVVV) under the name of HempWire, LLC ("HempWire"). The joint venture agreement stipulates that Medical Marijuana Inc. and LiveWire Ergogenics ("LiveWire") will equally split the net profits (50/50) from all cannabidiol (CBD)-rich hemp oil functional food sales distributed through HempWire. Market research indicates that the worldwide market for functional food is valued at $221.58bn in 2014. "Both companies are excited about the partnership," states Michelle Sides, Chief Operating Officer of Medical Marijuana Inc. "We chose LiveWire as an established manufacturer that can provide our customers with the same consistency and quality that they have come to expect from our company. To start, HempWire will bring the first-ever CBD-rich hemp oil energy square chew to the market, with more products to come."

Growlife, Inc. (OTCBB: PHOT) a diversified company operating in the legal cannabis industry which develops, markets and deploys products and services of legal cannabis, announced it has been selected by Kyle Kushman and his companies to handle national distribution of the VegaMatrix line of nutrients and supplements. The VegaMatrix product line, particularly the organic formulations for which Kyle Kushman is world renowned, have contributed to a remarkable 18 different Cannabis Cup awards over the last several years. "Our partnership brings together two leaders in the legal cannabis industry to support organic growers in clean crop production and maximum yields," stated Sterling C. Scott, Chairman and CEO of GrowLife, Inc. "We share with Kyle Kushman a commitment to quality, organics and customer service that set the standard for the industry. Time and again, VegaMatrix products have proven best in class, as evidenced by the top industry awards and accolades from its loyal following of early stage customers. GrowLife is proud to be selected as the exclusive U.S. distributor, and is encouraged by the strong industry support for the VegaMatrix product line."

Hemp, Inc. (OTC Pink: HEMP) recently announced that the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has approved the dividend payment to Hemp, Inc. common shareholders for the spin-off of Hemp, Inc. subsidiary, BioSwan, Inc. assets. All Hemp, Inc. shareholders of record, owning common stock, as of closing on January 13, 2014, are entitled to the dividend distribution. The dividend of BioAdaptives, Inc. common stock equates to one (1) share of BioAdaptives for every nine hundred twenty three (923) common shares of HEMP, Inc. held. According to executives, electronic shares of BioAdaptives, Inc. will be added to shareholder accounts if their Hemp, Inc. shares are currently held electronically. A paper certificate will be issued to shareholders who currently hold their Hemp, Inc. common shares in the form of a paper certificate. While BioAdaptives, Inc. has been approved by the Depository Trust and Clearing Company (DTCC) for electronic processing, the company is still awaiting a ticker symbol from FINRA. While a definite date can not be ascertained, company executives expect completion of the final step, of the ticker symbol issuance from FINRA, to be soon.

Tranzbyte Corporation (OTC Pink: ERBB) recently announced the arrival of American GreenZine (http://www.americangreenzine.com) as the masthead of the network it envisions tying together the industry, from the grower to the consumer, from seed to sale AND use. The online magazine, powered by Sociative (http://www.sociative.net), a content discovery platform, uses the real-time web activity of topical influencers to surface the best content on any subject. We will be celebrating the birth of the American GreenZine publication on Friday, April 4(th) at 8:20am (EDT). "With every passing day more news and articles come out about this industry, but they are located in 1000 or more different places, and many of the stories are musings by pundits who may know much or nothing at all about the industry. By aggregating and organizing the information, we provide a portal through which people can get all the news they want and filter it on their own," comments David Gwyther, Tranzbyte's president.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
This is looking like a good buy...but - be nimble if it moves against you...

1.jpg

Support seems to be holding on this one...

2.jpg

This is in the buy zone...

3.jpg

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
CANN news:

OTCQB: CANN

April 7th, 2014

Advanced Cannabis Solutions (ACS) (OTCQB: CANN) announced today that it has entered into an exclusive agreement with the Alison Group to distribute CRREO (Child Resistant Reclosable Easy Open) bags in southern Colorado for marijuana dispensaries. Robert Frichtel, President and CEO of ACS, "Alison's commitment to compliance and the fact that the CRREO bag is the only flexible (bag) that is ASTM (American Society of Testing and Materials) approved will make this packaging a great solution for packaging requirements at dispensaries. Alison offers other products and solutions that cannabis dispensaries and cultivators may take advantage of as we pursue this business together." He continued by emphasizing, "The ASTM testing protocol must be followed by dispensaries according to what is defined by the Marijuana Enforcement Division." The Medical Enforcement Division is commonly referred to as the MED in Colorado, the marijuana regulatory body for state compliance.

According to Frichtel, the management team at ACS has been exploring ancillary products for dispensaries and cultivators for several months. Frichtel said, "Finding the right fit is just as important as finding the right products for ACS. The team at Alison is a good fit for our long-term development and distribution of solutions for our operators and customers in the marijuana industry." The CRREO bag was patented in 1994 and has been utilized in the medical industry for several years. ACS will begin distributing bags to customers in southern Colorado in May of this year, with additional market expansion possible.

About Advanced Cannabis Solutions

ACS provides a comprehensive set of solutions to the regulated cannabis industry. The Company does not grow, harvest, distribute or sell cannabis or any substances that violate United States law or the Controlled Substances Act, nor does it intend to do so in the future.

The Company leverages its management team's extensive experience in serving the cannabis industry by providing services in both real estate leasing and cannabis business consulting. ACS plans to work exclusively with licensed and regulated clients.

Contact Information
ACS, Inc.
Robert Frichtel
CEO
719-590-1414
www.advcannabis.com

Visit Website

View Financials

View SEC Filings

View Press Releases

Forward this emai

Advanced Cannabis Solutions, Inc. | 7750 N Union Blvd., # 201 | Colorado Springs | CO | 80920

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Did anyone follow my buy rec yesterday on this one? Its up almost 20% since then...

Trying to give you guys a free preview of how technical analysis can help you make better entries and exits thus maximizing your profits...

1.jpg

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Watching this one...thinking there is another 20-30% of downside before it becomes an attractive buy...

4.jpg

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
This one looks very attractive as a buy - with the caveat that if it closes below about .36 - that would negate the buy signal.

2.jpg