• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Investing in Marijuana

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I picked up some CBIS Strawboss. Much appreciated. I also picked up some PHOT and NVLX, thanks for the heads up on those. I may get out of PHOT tomorrow if it doesn't do anything prior the slide.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
CANN news:

OTCQB: CANN

April 7th, 2014

Advanced Cannabis Solutions (ACS) (OTCQB: CANN) announced today that it has entered into an exclusive agreement with the Alison Group to distribute CRREO (Child Resistant Reclosable Easy Open) bags in southern Colorado for marijuana dispensaries. Robert Frichtel, President and CEO of ACS, "Alison's commitment to compliance and the fact that the CRREO bag is the only flexible (bag) that is ASTM (American Society of Testing and Materials) approved will make this packaging a great solution for packaging requirements at dispensaries. Alison offers other products and solutions that cannabis dispensaries and cultivators may take advantage of as we pursue this business together." He continued by emphasizing, "The ASTM testing protocol must be followed by dispensaries according to what is defined by the Marijuana Enforcement Division." The Medical Enforcement Division is commonly referred to as the MED in Colorado, the marijuana regulatory body for state compliance.

According to Frichtel, the management team at ACS has been exploring ancillary products for dispensaries and cultivators for several months. Frichtel said, "Finding the right fit is just as important as finding the right products for ACS. The team at Alison is a good fit for our long-term development and distribution of solutions for our operators and customers in the marijuana industry." The CRREO bag was patented in 1994 and has been utilized in the medical industry for several years. ACS will begin distributing bags to customers in southern Colorado in May of this year, with additional market expansion possible.

About Advanced Cannabis Solutions

ACS provides a comprehensive set of solutions to the regulated cannabis industry. The Company does not grow, harvest, distribute or sell cannabis or any substances that violate United States law or the Controlled Substances Act, nor does it intend to do so in the future.

The Company leverages its management team's extensive experience in serving the cannabis industry by providing services in both real estate leasing and cannabis business consulting. ACS plans to work exclusively with licensed and regulated clients.

Contact Information
ACS, Inc.
Robert Frichtel
CEO
719-590-1414
www.advcannabis.com

Visit Website

View Financials

View SEC Filings

View Press Releases

Forward this emai

Advanced Cannabis Solutions, Inc. | 7750 N Union Blvd., # 201 | Colorado Springs | CO | 80920

Starts trading again tomorrow, will watch and see how bad it tanks

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
QWAK,The time to invest in Marijuana was back in the 60s --- a nickel bag back then goes for over $100.00 now!:idea::thumbs_up::cheerful::Stoned:

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
QWAK,The time to invest in Marijuana was back in the 60s --- a nickel bag back then goes for over $100.00 now!:idea::thumbs_up::cheerful::Stoned:

A nickel bag can still sell for $5 if you grow it and refrain from selling it. No one cares anymore. Some of the stocks we own sell great hydroponic growing kits.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
A nickel bag can still sell for $5 if you grow it and refrain from selling it. No one cares anymore. Some of the stocks we own sell great hydroponic growing kits.

QWAK,Godswill,$5.00 would not pay the postage/shiping on even a small hydroponic rig not to mention the electricity to run it!:idea::thumbs_down:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
cAnn in the can anyone biting?? No level 2 being shown on ameritrade.

Trigonx

Seeker
Reaction score
Suspension of PHOT really tanked the MMJ sector today. People are running out of the sector as fast as they can.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
That's the rumor Trig, however if you look at the DOW you'll see that the MJ stocks are following the big board downtrend. It is looking like its reversing as I type.

I got (had) about 3K into it SF. I'll look at it and see if I should add some. I tried putting in a sell order in early this morning but the mm's spit it out. Thanks for the heads up.

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Reaction score
So right now it's $400 oz in CO at the licensed store. How much is an Oz from my old street dealer. What happens to the spread over time?
like soft butter b my personal reply w/o reading the thread.....yet.

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Reaction score
if pot becomes totally legal it becomes worthless

an acre in Jamaica bears 10,000lbs , a bumper crop of wheat , 6,000lbs

how much is flour? even if you are only allowed to grow one plant , you could still

end up with 4 lbs, largest plant I know about was 12lbs,

there may be a market short term , but once legal , and off police radar , expect the price to drop

exponentially
haven considered the bipoducts mr. Newton ?

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Here's a new angle, instead of investing in PHOT, call the Rosen law firm and sue them to make a buck. What a concept.

April 10, 2014 4:22 PM ET

Business Wire Comtex News Network
< Back to Market News

PHOT Trade
News 0.502 0
The Rosen Law Firm Announces Investigation of Securities Claims Against GrowLife, Inc.

Apr 10, 2014 14:57:00 (ET)

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 10, 2014--

The Rosen Law Firm announces that it is investigating potential securities fraud claims against GrowLife, Inc. (OTCBB:pHOT) resulting from allegations that the Company may have issued materially misleading business information to the investing public and manipulated trading in its common stock.

On April 10, 2014, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") temporarily halted trading in the common stock of GrowLife until April 25, 2014. In suspending the trading of GrowLife securities, the SEC stated that "[t]he Commission temporarily suspended trading in the securities of PHOT because of questions that have been raised about the accuracy and adequacy of information in the marketplace and potentially manipulative transactions in PHOT's common stock."

The Rosen Law Firm is preparing a securities class action lawsuit on behalf of GrowLife investors. If you purchased GrowLife stock before April 10, 2014, please visit the website at http://rosenlegal.com for more information. You may also contact Phillip Kim, Esq. or Kevin Chan, Esq. of The Rosen Law Firm toll free at 866-767-3653 or via e-mail at pkim@rosenlegal.com or kchan@rosenlegal.com.

The Rosen Law Firm represents investors throughout the globe, concentrating its practice in securities class actions and shareholder derivative litigation.

Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.

Phillip Kim, Esq.

Kevin Chan, Esq.

The Rosen Law Firm P.A.

275 Madison Avenue 34(th) Floor

New York, New York 10016

Tel: (212) 686-1060

Toll Free: 1-866-767-3653

Fax: (212) 202-3827

lrosen@rosenlegal.com

pkim@rosenlegal.com

kchan@rosenlegal.com

www.rosenlegal.com

SOURCE: The Rosen Law Firm
Copyright Business Wire 2014

Access Investor Kit for GrowLife, Inc.

Visit http://www.companyspotlight.com/partner?cp_code=A591&isin=US39985X1046

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

April 10, 2014 14:57 ET (18:57 GMT)

lowrider

Banned
Reaction score
F'n lawyers. Where is the class action lawsuit against them? That one I will sign up for.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I just spun through all the stocks in this sector - and there isnt a single one of them that I would feel comfortable holding at present. All in all - its looking pretty ugly. Endexx is an exception to this - but, even that is looking shaky... Nuvilex has gone from looking positive to looking shaky...

Endexx.jpg

So - I thought I would take a bit of time and share with you why I use the various technical indicators that I do and how I interpret their signals.

Its important to understand that no single technical indicator is sufficient on its own and it is much better to use several in conjunction with each other. It essentially gives you the ability to view a stock from different perspectives.

The indicators that I use are:

1. RSI
2. Ichimoku cloud
3. Bollinger bands
4. Volume
5. ADX
6. %B

Investopedia has great information on all of these (and many more). I dont profess to say that the ones I use are "THE" ones to use...simply that I have had better success with them than with some others...Different people have different preferences...

I will post separately for each indicator to help explain what I see and how I interpret it. Its important to keep in mind that I dont make decisions based on solely a single indicator. Well...not usually anyways...

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The first one I want to show you is the Ichimoku cloud. It is a complete trading system all by itself (unlike other types of technical indicators). I like it because once you understand what everything means - it actually gives you a lot of information... I have added several notes to this chart - hopefully its clear enough. I tried to keep it simple so you can easily understand it. I removed all other indicators to keep it clean and simple.

Notice how the cloud itself is being created in advance? You can actually see the cloud for the next few weeks. The cloud itself serves as support/resistance depending on whether price is above or below the cloud. When price is within the cloud - its really in no mans land and you have to wait to see what it will do.

1.png

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
RSI (Relative Strength Indicator) is a pretty simple tool. In a bull market - the RSI will stay above 40 on corrective moves and in a bear market - the RSI will stay below 60.

When the RSI is at an extreme - it is highly likely that there will be a significant move in the other direction.

View attachment 59522

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm taking a bath and it aint even Saturday. I should of stayed out. But look at MNTR is someone getting high on their own supply?

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...alifies-Highest-Segment-OTC-Pink#.U0gnpyFOXIU

Mentor Capital Qualifies for Highest Segment of OTC Pink Market

Current Company Acquisition, Stock and Cash Position Summarized

April 11, 2014 12:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mentor Capital, Inc. (OTC Markets: MNTR) status was upgraded today by OTC Markets Group to the highest of the three primary OTC Pink Marketplace segments: Current Information. All updated Mentor Capital financials, filings, disclosures and legal opinions through February 28, 2014, are publicly available on the OTC Disclosure & News Service pursuant to its guidelines. This is a first part in the active execution of the company’s stated goal to step up to current status, complete audits, voluntarily file a Form 10, move up quickly to the OTCQB and then onto NASDAQ. At each stage along the way, companies historically have experienced greater institutional participation, liquidity, coverage and visibility for shareholders.

Briefly highlighting certain aspects of these disclosures and other recent events the company notes that:
• Mentor Capital maintains a $1 Million cash reserve.
• The company paid $1.3 Million to Bhang Chocolate owners in March.
• The Bhang 60% acquisition contract is closed and is not contingent.
• The $7.7M still due to Bhang Owners and $30M two to three year infusion into Bhang is expected to be paid in cash, although it could be paid in stock.
• An international private equity group announced a $35 Million loan closing to Mentor Capital, as is their normal practice. Mentor will announce after receipt of funds.
• No reverse split is contemplated.
• All CEO discounted warrants were exercised and those shares put in escrow to guarantee a loan for the company.
• No shares or warrants have been sold by the CEO in 10 years.
• Mentor has approximately 5 Million shares in the float and available for trading, 5 Million shares in paper form in files and safety deposit boxes, 5 Million shares in escrow, and 15 Million warrants at a $7 per share strike price.

About Mentor Capital: By acquisition or stock purchase, Mentor Capital, Inc. seeks to invest in leading cannabis companies. Additional important information for investors and founders seeking expansion funding is presented at: www.MentorCapital.com

Forward Looking Statements, Safe Harbor and Risk Descriptions are Incorporated by Reference from the MNTR Company Web Site above.

Contacts

Mentor Capital, Inc.
Chet Billingsley, CEO
(760) 788-4700

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Anyone buying CANN at $10? Or is it a dead cat. Anyone buying anything? SA says kiss the high goodbye for MJNA does that mean it rockets tomorrow, LOL.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Anyone buying CANN at $10? Or is it a dead cat. Anyone buying anything? SA says kiss the high goodbye for MJNA does that mean it rockets tomorrow, LOL.

I was thinking of putting a bid in for 1k shares at 5.00 it looks too weak to me. Still no level 2 showing .

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
If the MJ stocks do follow the DOW, there may be a reversal tomorrow as they seem to have stabilized today.

SF, call your brokerage they may be able to input it manually. The only other option is market order.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Alert on CANV: article follows

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ro...s-information-2014-04-14?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Rosen Law Firm Alleges CannaVest Corp. Issued Material Misleading Business Information

Watchlist Relevance

LEARN MORE

Apr 14, 2014 (ACCESSWIRE via COMTEX) -- On Apr. 11, the Rosen Law Firm announces that it is investigating potential securities fraud claims against CannaVest Corp. (otcqb:CANV) resulting from allegations that the company may have issued materially misleading business information to the investing public.

Here is an excerpt from Rosen's press release:

"On Apr. 3, 2014, CANV announced that its Form 10-Qs for the first three quarters of 2013 could no longer be relied upon. Specifically, CANV admitted that the purchase price and the allocation of the purchase price related to PhytoSPHERE Systems as disclosed on the 10-Qs were not in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States ("GAAP"). In addition, CANV concluded that sales and cost of sales for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 were incorrect. As a result of these adverse disclosures, the value of CANVS stock fell by 20% on April 3, 2014, damaging investors," the release said

Share Value Continues to fall

So far, CannaVest has not responded to these allegations. It must be noted that at this point, no lawsuit has been filed and the allegations at this point are unproven claims.

However, CannaVest's share value continues to plummet, falling from $117 a share just a month ago to $24.21 a share at the close of Apr. 11, down 34 cents from the previous day's close of $24.55.

Sign up today for timely and hot stock alerts here, or by cutting and pasting the following link in your Web browser:

http://www.pennypickalerts.com

Hemp Inc. Announces Increased Sales as Share Value Continues to Fall

In other news, Hemp Inc. (otcpink:HEMP) on Apr. 8 reported 2013 fourth quarter sales of $722,486, showing quarter-on-quarter increase for the year of 2013.

Sales by quarter for the year were $426,321 for the 1st quarter; $534,871 in sales for the 2nd quarter; and, $673,588 sales in for the 3rd quarter. Full-year sales for 2013 of $2,357,266 represent an increase of 26,359% over the previous year.

"2013 was the year we went from a developmental stage company to an operating company and we are very pleased with our stable, consistent growth through each quarter of our first operating year, as pointed out in the figures above," said Hemp's CED Bruce Perlowin, in a written statement.

Unfortunately, Hemp's press release did not reveal its overall expense or net income, if any.

Despite this latest positive spin by the company on its finances, Hemp's share value has lost more than two-thirds of its value since Feb. 5, when HEMP closed at 30 cents a share. On Apr. 11, HEMP's share price closed at 8 cents, down 1 cent from previous day's close of 9 cents.

Deluge of Positive Press Releases

Ignoring the slide, the company continues to pepper the media with a deluge of positive press releases almost daily. While many of them sound interesting, many of them lack any real financial specifics.

Sign up today for timely and hot stock alerts here, or by cutting and pasting the following link in your Web browser:

mCig Inc.'s 2.0 Device Earns Coveted CE Mark

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I love the CANV smoke and mirrors articles about legal firms investigating them and it goes up 65% today on news of a state licensed deal with a farmer to grow hemp.

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Reaction score
henry ford utilized hemp ' it will catch on, but sense Americas undergoing a takeover I suspect the south Americas or mexico will be let do the farming n' production .

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio, but didn't catch the state, where there is a proposal for people to freely use MJ if they give up their guns. It was on our local classical station. Not being taken well by the constituents as people interviewed said they'd rather use it illegally. Times are getting interesting that's for sure.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
SIBE

Southfork, people are taking profits on SIBE, it seems, do you think its time?

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Re: SIBE

Southfork, people are taking profits on SIBE, it seems, do you think its time?

Meant to post that, sold a few myself today, still holding 75k shares though. Also added onto brnd today. Meant to post this earlier sorry.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Re: SIBE

Meant to post that, sold a few myself today, still holding 75k shares though. Also added onto brnd today. Meant to post this earlier sorry.

Not a bad idea moving some SIBE profits into BRND.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
FYI, BRND just announce they are going into the MJ sector
Medical Marijuana consumer packaged goods and services include nutraceuticals, beverages and personal care

San Diego, CA / ACCESSWIRE / April 21, 2014 / Premier Brands, Inc. (“Premier Brands”) (OTCBB: BRND), a company in the business of creating, acquiring and marketing consumer packaged goods and new product development, is expanding their range of products and services to cover medical marijuana with a new offering that includes branding, sales and distribution, product development including a portfolio of cannabis nutraceutical, beverage and personal care brands which the company will own and operate.

The medical marijuana industry is still in its infancy with supply chain and branding. Premier Brands strives on providing its best practices and experiences brought from the management team’s 40 years of combined work in distribution, sales, product creation, and marketing of consumer goods.

Premier Brands has been offering these types of services in other product areas for the past two years and now the same team, time and resources will be used to leap into the medical marijuana vertical. The Company will launch two new initiatives: Joint Ventures and New Cannabis Products.

Joint ventures include partnering with other companies to produce new products and providing services like product development, sales and marketing. New cannabis products will include a brand new line of medical marijuana products including nutraceuticals, beverages and personal care products. The first products will be launched in the summer of 2014.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
FYI, BRND just announce they are going into the MJ sector
Medical Marijuana consumer packaged goods and services include nutraceuticals, beverages and personal care

San Diego, CA / ACCESSWIRE / April 21, 2014 / Premier Brands, Inc. (“Premier Brands”) (OTCBB: BRND), a company in the business of creating, acquiring and marketing consumer packaged goods and new product development, is expanding their range of products and services to cover medical marijuana with a new offering that includes branding, sales and distribution, product development including a portfolio of cannabis nutraceutical, beverage and personal care brands which the company will own and operate.

The medical marijuana industry is still in its infancy with supply chain and branding. Premier Brands strives on providing its best practices and experiences brought from the management team’s 40 years of combined work in distribution, sales, product creation, and marketing of consumer goods.

Premier Brands has been offering these types of services in other product areas for the past two years and now the same team, time and resources will be used to leap into the medical marijuana vertical. The Company will launch two new initiatives: Joint Ventures and New Cannabis Products.

Joint ventures include partnering with other companies to produce new products and providing services like product development, sales and marketing. New cannabis products will include a brand new line of medical marijuana products including nutraceuticals, beverages and personal care products. The first products will be launched in the summer of 2014.

Bid up to .0033

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Good call SF. Took some profits off the table already. Go BRND!

Did you get the announcement off of their website? etrade didn't mention it in their daily news section.

Last edited:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Good call SF. Took some profits off the table already. Go BRND!

Did you get the announcement off of their website? etrade didn't mention it in their daily news section.

http://otcbb.com/asp/Info_Center.asp got it there, closed my position don't like the way its trading, glad I got some .001s on Thursday made for a nice profit. Sold 20k sibe today also, going to hold the rest as theyre free shares.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
It would of been nice to have converted some SIBE profits to BRND before the pop but it happened too fast. Interesting day in the MJ sector. My positions looked like they were performing well but the net gain/loss was in the red most of the day. I hope the sector has reached a bottom, CANV -20% CBGI -14%, I think .20 is a good entry for CANV. Anyone buying anything? I'm also watching ILIV and ICBU for an entry.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
It would of been nice to have converted some SIBE profits to BRND before the pop but it happened too fast. Interesting day in the MJ sector. My positions looked like they were performing well but the net gain/loss was in the red most of the day. I hope the sector has reached a bottom, CANV -20% CBGI -14%, I think .20 is a good entry for CANV. Anyone buying anything? I'm also watching ILIV and ICBU for an entry.

Bought back 500k brnd at 002 at the close for a bounce play tomorrow.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score

Good call, I see a few others did also. I tried but etrade wouldn't let me due to unsettled funds. Maybe I'll catch a mid day low if they clear.

I got in at .0022 and .0024 after selling everything yesterday :)

Last edited:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Still holding the 500k closed at .0033 l2 looking good for a run over 005 tomorrow.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Still holding the 500k closed at .0033 l2 looking good for a run over 005 tomorrow.

I'm holding as well, not as much but enough to put a smile on my face the last couple of days. I came home to a pleasant surprise 65% up. Obviously smart management to re-invent their corp. taking advantage of the mj boom.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Sold the 500k this am at .004 wish I could make 1k on every trade every day lol. Going to watch it for another entry.

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Sold the 500k this am at .004 wish I could make 1k on every trade every day lol. Going to watch it for another entry.

I sold in 2 batches .0038 and .004. I'm also liking the action and hoping for another entry opportunity. It was looking like it was levitating until the very end. This gives me hope for another opportunity tomorrow. May want to look at VAPE tomorrow also SF. It went down 57% sitting at $2.36. It was $10, 7 days ago. Whoever runs the marijuana index, see link below, wisely allocated only .32% into VAPE.

http://marijuanaindex.org/

Godswill

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Well my $2.50 buy order for VAPE didn't trigger since they started trading at 2.59 by the time I got home it was too far out. Did anyone hit it?

SF, is there a buy recommendation price for BRND? It's drifting down nicely it seems. I hope to get back in by the end of the day.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Well my $2.50 buy order for VAPE didn't trigger since they started trading at 2.59 by the time I got home it was too far out. Did anyone hit it?

SF, is there a buy recommendation price for BRND? It's drifting down nicely it seems. I hope to get back in by the end of the day.

I had a bid in today for 0019 and didn't get filled, have to see how it trades tomorrow, Im seeing a weak open with a selloff myself to the 0016 area . JMHO