• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

investment theories of the historic looting, destruction

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
starting this thread for a discussion on the economics of the looting/destruction bomb that was dropped on america

do you see anything that moves the needle? businesses that have better prospects? worse?

silver is ripping as a type this -- long term high, no?

i think guns/ammo might get a pop

urban real estate losing ground --- the coronacaust and the looting/destruction were both ground zeroed in the urbans

private prisons? the last time things got this bad, in the early 90's (mtv, gangsta rap promotion) the political climate swung to law and order. they started locking up criminals, rather than the catch and release that we see now

look forward to reading your thoughts. let's make some money on this clown show

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The prison industrial complex will do well. I'm a whore for profit, but that is one form of evil I want no part of.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Can't tell how bad the destruction is from the reports. Insurance companies taking a hit?

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Can't tell how bad the destruction is from the reports. Insurance companies taking a hit?
Insurance companies should be ok. Most policies exclude coverage for acts of war and riots.

Won't be long though, Trump will swoop in and start flipping millions around like gum wrappers. Get your hands out and ready to grab some cash.

andial

Stable
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Lightweight fire resistant bricks, even your wife and kids can throw them.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Armor piercing, military black, assault bricks.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Bars, restaurants, hotels, airlines, commercial RE.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
what about u-haul? the good people of the infected urban environs packing up and gtfo of there

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
3 public companies in the gun biz:

parent company of smith wesson up 17% TODAY

sturm ruger up 11% today

vista outdoor up 11% today

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
smith wesson up another 13 percent today

sturm ruger up another 5 percent

vista outdoor up another 4 percent

Last edited:

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
those cart/atv vehicles are soaring in popularity

polaris is on my watchlist -- it's had a yuge run already. kicking myself not buying some a month ago

the gun stocks are giving back some gains today. i hope they go down....so i can buy some before biden wins and they explode upward on the insane demand

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
i'm thinking gated senior communities might be a good play. the seniors are recoiling in horror at the violence, looting, destruction....

time to move to gated senior community to get away from the mayhem

havent looked into those stocks.....but real estate in general is lagging. might be able to get a good entry point with a fat REIT distribution

Last edited:

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Bicycles and oudoor rec gear are flying off the shelves since lockdown. Go to any dept store and the bike rack and most bike parts are stripped bare.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Bicycles and oudoor rec gear are flying off the shelves since lockdown. Go to any dept store and the bike rack and most bike parts are stripped bare.
great idea. family friend had hell trying to find a couple of bicycles a few weeks ago

another friend went to academy sporting goods store - said the guns and ammo were completely wiped out

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Internet virtual reality medical advice where patients do not have to venture into the cities to get medical advice. Two that come to mind are Teledoc TDOC (https://www.teladoc.com) and Livongo Health Inc LVGO (www.livongo.com).
Both have had significant upward moves lately and a very heavy dose of DYOD is in order.
Full disclosure ...yea I own some LVGO

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Business will be good for:
1) Firearm and ammo manufacturers and dealers.
2) Personal protective manufacturers and dealers (stun guns, mace, pepper spray, etc.)
3) Dog Kennels/Trainers. Man's best friend will be a necessity for protection for homes. Can't leave loaded firearms in the hands of children, so
certain dog breeds will be sought for security and companionship.
4) Security services. Rent a Cop and bouncers will be hired by businesses to control "problems". Bodyguards will be in demand, too.
5. Security systems, such as alarm systems, cameras, etc. Homes and businesses will want "panic" buttons, video recording cameras and the like.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
urban creatures a good bet for bikes, no? the public transportation systems of the blue dot cities have been fingered as THE cesspool in those locales. go long bike locks too - makes sense in those hellholes. also a potential boost to the high end brands -- blue dot people blow wads of money on status brands

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
as predicted -- blue dot urban shitholes going down hard. (not my bold)

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/m...t-plunges-most-ever-vacancies-hit-record-high

It's nost just Manhattan’s housing market that is getting crushed in recent weeks: the city's rental market is also starting to show the damage from a pandemic-fueled exodus. According to Douglas Elliman Real Estate and appraiser Miller Samuel, the borough’s apartment-vacancy rate in June rose to the highest on record. Available listings surged 85% from a year earlier to 10,789, an all-time high for a single month.

Predictably, all that excess inventory has put a dent in pricing with the median rent tumbling 6.6% to $3,242, the first decline in 18 months and the biggest in data going back to October 2011, according to Jonathan Miller, president of Miller Samuel.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
teleworking to crush office space real estate? fade those reits and go long the tools for work at home? this short haired real estate lady thinks nyc office space to go down 25-30 percent over next year or so because telework is just as good.....and cheaper for businesses

her prediction adds another fuel source to the fire of urban flight theory

1594446457094.png

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Private security companies? Not Rent-A-Cops, but serious security professionals. The kind that serve as bodyguards and prep men for celebutards and pols..

Then, of course, there's the Luxury Apocalypse Hunker-Bunkers. Private, or group condos.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/lifestyles-mega-rich-fearful-inside-luxury-apocalypse-bunker

I think, after we get deep in it, and it comes out that those Noble Superior Race candidates don't know how to farm, any more than they know how to punch a time clock...there might be money in basic agricultural instruction.

I say "money." Maybe I should call it "renumerance." By that time the FRN will be as useless as Zimbabwe dollars; and 'groids gonna have no gold. If they did, they'd put it on their necks - or teeth.

But some sort of high-level barter is gonna be necessary.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Private security companies? Not Rent-A-Cops, but serious security professionals. The kind that serve as bodyguards and prep men for celebutards and pols..

Then, of course, there's the Luxury Apocalypse Hunker-Bunkers. Private, or group condos.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/lifestyles-mega-rich-fearful-inside-luxury-apocalypse-bunker

I think, after we get deep in it, and it comes out that those Noble Superior Race candidates don't know how to farm, any more than they know how to punch a time clock...there might be money in basic agricultural instruction.

I say "money." Maybe I should call it "renumerance." By that time the FRN will be as useless as Zimbabwe dollars; and 'groids gonna have no gold. If they did, they'd put it on their necks - or teeth.

But some sort of high-level barter is gonna be necessary.
love the security idea. lots of ways to go with that. personal, community, corporate, computer, cameras, skoolz, gov buildings, etc

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
what about u-haul? the good people of the infected urban environs packing up and gtfo of there
Take it a step better. The Y'all-Haul moves are all one-direction - out of Calistan, out of Shitgago and Gnu Yuck.

Put together a bonded, insured transportation company - hire drivers to move these Y'all-Haul trucks/trailers in convoys, back to where people are frantically waiting for them. Y'all-Haul uses its own people for that, now - and it's expensive for them, and they're short of bodies.

You can get legions of retirees who'll do this. It could be handled several ways: Pony-Express, where at the end of the day the trucks are turned over to fresh drivers and the others bussed to the starting point. Or, they could run start-to-finish. Give them per-diem to partially offset the motel costs. The savvy drivers will have cots and bedrolls they can set up in the load area, or can sleep in the cab. Those who want comfort can have it.

You'd just have to sell U-Haul on it, and get a contract - that would be the toughest part.