• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Iowa passes ‘constitutional carry’ bill April 3, 2021

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
i'll admit, i've had sarcasm on these types of bills before, however, i've had a change of heart, a bit, if only because:
It's the States that can do the most damage to any of our Rights and Freedoms, but i'll also still add:
Read The Fine Print, FIRST!

:reading:

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Constitutional Carry means there is NO fine print Buck. If there is any fine print (other than something anti-mental patient) then it's not CC IMHO

BarnacleBob

Moderator, Equal opportunity annoyer!
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
i'll admit, i've had sarcasm on these types of bills before, however, i've had a change of heart, a bit, if only because:
It's the States that can do the most damage to any of our Rights and Freedoms, but i'll also still add:
Read The Fine Print, FIRST!

:reading:

I continue to ponder why all of these Constitutional Carry bills continue to be passed among the several states... I get it that SCOTUS ruled in the Heller case that the states could only regulate one of the two forms of carry, i.e. either regulate open or concealed carry, but to regulate both is a violation of 2A. This still doesn't explain why all of these states are completely deregulating both forms of carry.

I wonder whether there is going to be a massive defunding of LEO's in the future... Which will mean citizens, residents & inhabitants will be fully responsible for their personal security, etc... Are local & state budgets about to get cut back, and/or lose federal LEO subsidies... ??? Hmmm.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I continue to ponder why all of these Constitutional Carry bills continue to be passed among the several states... I get it that SCOTUS ruled in the Heller case that the states could only regulate one of the two forms of carry, i.e. either regulate open or concealed carry, but to regulate both is a violation of 2A. This still doesn't explain why all of these states are completely deregulating both forms of carry.

I wonder whether there is going to be a massive defunding of LEO's in the future... Which will mean citizens, residents & inhabitants will be fully responsible for their personal security, etc... Are local & state budgets about to get cut back, and/or lose federal LEO subsidies... ??? Hmmm.
Your fellow citizens are promoting this cause and pushing it through. I see commifornia, and west coast states, NJ, NY ( due to NYC) and the Northeast coastal states, Il, Mi, as the only lost causes. The rest will be on board soon. Time will tell.

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, but i believe what BB is saying is:
Why?

now doesn't seem to be the time to give us back our Rights...

they flagrantly take away so many others, and yet, a pet-peeve of theirs for decades is anti-gun-rights

and now it's like:
Hey, we're giving them back...

i'm suspicious as ... what?

i can't even think of anything more suspicious, this doesn't fit their narrative of Not Serving us, no way, no how

"on board soon..."

on board what exactly, define it beyond hoopla and promises of what we should have...in fact, i'm thinking some are proclaiming it's what we need...that's even worse

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
The states are preparing for a civil war. The battle lines are being drawn!

1617498729793.png

Last edited:

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
The states are preparing for a civil war. The battle lines are being drawn!
i'm thinking the poking they've been giving us isn't enough, we've been too compliant with the masks, now to the next phase, pre-positioned weapons for immediate use...

pre-placed into public lockers with a drop key

idk, i'm just not feeling it

i'd rather we all be armed, none of this hocus pocus, then i'll know what i need to daily carry

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
that is my problem with this,

how can they pretend to give us a right back that we already have?

and more importantly, this is state level, leaving us to ask how does this play with fed?

for instance, are you going to now have the right to carry, provided you follow fed guidelines by registering them in the fed database?
or if something happens, with you being legal to carry, that you left it unregistered with fed and now you are looking at box time just for the lack of 'registered with the fed'?

does the fed even care what the states say or do, and will simply usurp a state as needed?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
that is my problem with this,

how can they pretend to give us a right back that we already have?

and more importantly, this is state level, leaving us to ask how does this play with fed?

for instance, are you going to now have the right to carry, provided you follow fed guidelines by registering them in the fed database?
or if something happens, with you being legal to carry, that you left it unregistered with fed and now you are looking at box time just for the lack of 'registered with the fed'?

does the fed even care what the states say or do, and will simply usurp a state as needed?
Several years ago CT passed a law that mandated everyone who possessed a large capacity magazine prior to 2013 needed to either surrender or (I believe) register every said high capacity magazine with the state. Possession and/or transfer of high capacity magazines is now a Class D felony
Care to guess the compliance rate? (estimated @ 2% last I checked) Real gun owners don't obey unconstitutional gun laws

Last edited:

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Do I get a refund on the 5 yr cc permit I renewed in march?...Am I still legal to carry in the 32 states my permit is good in, without it?. why isn't Minnesota one of the 32 states its good in?, makes no sense!

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Do I get a refund on the 5 yr cc permit I renewed in march?...Am I still legal to carry in the 32 states my permit is good in, without it?. why isn't Minnesota one of the 32 states its good in?, makes no sense!
Can't speak for all states but in NH, although Constitutional carry is the law, CCPs are still issued for reciprocity and still costs $10 for 5 years

Last edited:

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Can't speak for all states but in NH although Constitutional carry is the law, CCPs are still issued for reciprocity and costs $10 for 5 years
Ours is $50 for first time permit with training course, $25 for 5 yr renewal and you have to take the training course again @$50-$75, the course was temporarily waived because of covid.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Ours is $50 for first time permit with couse, $25 for 5 yr renewal and you have to take the course again @$50-$75, the course was temporarily waived because of covid.
I believe in Massivetwoshitts they still charge $100 every 4 years. One of the MA locals can keep me honest since I've been done from there since 2010. I still have my expired MA CCP as a souvenir!

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
the course was temporarily waived because of covid.

think of how utterly insane it all is,

for yours and others safety, you MUST take this bogus course, which will of course cost you some ching,
before the Queen will grant you a CCP

BUT, because of boo hoo flu, that course is WAIVED, in that it really isn't that important compared to our new narrative of 'boo hoo flu paranoia'

lest you get complacent though, we are damn sure going to bring it back once the boo hoo flu hysteria dies down,

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
'round and round we go gentlemen...we're driving nails, the big question remains: how to not get caught

we're not going to change any of it, so, stay 'normal' until you no longer can...

but compliance is upon each and every one of you, choose wisely because you're dealing with fools who've got on retainer trained soldiers who do this for a living, most of us are ... well, we're who we are and we're not quite that

i've yet to figure how to jump back on-board

today i was spoken to by the meat stocker at Vons, he told me to put my mask on, it was on, just under my chin...i made him repeat it several times by not responding...i looked at him on the second / third time and didn't say a word, so he said it again: "Put your mask on..." he wasn't rude, just too damned determined, so i made him work for it

anyways, looking him in the eyes, the only words i said were: Isn't Obedience Great? and moved on my way while he began to utter some violent response that never cleared his throat, he was shushed by another clerk next to him, i heard that too...chuckle

I shouted out: "We shouldn't talk about that, it won't get either of us anywhere, Sir", i never looked back even when i shouted that out...

then there was this:

a cashier at Lowes chased me out of the store because i called his passive aggressive stance (long story), i called him a Pussy...as I waited outside for my forklift delivery to be loaded, here comes a shift manager...i think the kid got fired because he was witnessed running after me...of course i wasn't watching him, i could have cared less, his actions got him fired

LOL, snicker...sorry, didn't mean to hijack but my larger point would be: it's all broken, don't participate and if you do, have some type of exit strategy pre-worked out...mostly because one day, they may draft an exit strategy, for everyone of us

what a world, stay out of sight...

that's my mantra

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
lest you get complacent though, we are damn sure going to bring it back once the boo hoo flu hysteria dies down,
I don't think hysteria will ever die down- the flu hysteria maybe, but only when something bigger and badder comes along to steal the headlines. Notice how the global warming terror subsided once they installed the flu? Next one could be anything but it will be something. It's a flaw in the human genome that needs the fear of impending doom of some sort- and power. The only stipulation would be the requirement for massive piles of cash to fix it. If nothing else comes along they'll milk this one for years, masks and the whole deal. It's been as good as any so far.

My guess is the seeds for the next one are already being sewn. A currency crisis where there will be a shortage of everything- everything but currency. But who knows... M2C