• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Irons MD & Prospecting thread

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Moar Mudpuppy wisdom.............................

Mud-puppy;3042298 said:
Back in 1979 I drove from Toledo Ohio all over the Country in my Wagoneer and eventually found myself in Eugene Oregon, out of money and out of gas...so I sold my jeep and headed East...I remember a little town called McKenzie Bridge..the reason I remember that is some really nice lithe young lady picked me up as I was walking along the road with nothing but my Bear Super Kodiak and a small backpack with essentials...not even a tent! Not even any food! I figured I'd snare or shoot something along the way!!

She was going up to help her Mother move that day, Her name was Laura, she had two small children, Willy and Sarah, and she was a fresh divorcee, lonely and vulnerable........Being a Gentleman, I helped with the move of course.....As the evening approached, she dropped me off at a trail head going into the Three Sister Wilderness Area...I probably shoulda never got out of her car! We woulda made a handsome couple! Anyway...I was already in love with my current Wife, who didnt know it at the time.

My plan was to hike over the top and down into Bend and catch a bus to Minnesota and ask my future Wife out on a date...which I eventually did...But yeah, during the trek, something big and furry woke me in the dead hour darkness standing on my chest and breathing in my face! Then it slapped me around and knocked the royal hell out of me! I blacked out and woke up the next morning in all sorts of various violation!...I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure I was buggered...

True story...I still have that Super Kodiak Bow....right here in my office..and amazingly I still have my Wife! so besides the whole Bigfoot Buggering deal, 1979 was not a bad year considering!

I will add, That big area is no place to wander around and try to 'live off the Land'....I was moving too fast to snare, and there wasnt anything out there to kill! Not like walking along an Ohio soy bean field with a woodchuck every 100 yards and bunnies galore! I didnt have anything to eat for 4 days! My senses got REAL sharp! I managed to shoot a red squirrel out of a pine tree...and once I got down on the eastern side of the mountains, I found a really nice corn field with field corn in it! I gobbled up that field corn raw! The best corn I ever had in my life!

I learned a lesson! This Planet aint fit for Humans!

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Chest.jpg

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Looks totally hunt-able..... wouldn't stop Mud Guppy .
Yeah, I'm like totally sure those beepy sticks work through a little snow and ice. A real pirate would have a pick ax. Just sayin'.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Heh, this Global Warming is a bitch folks. Remember last March?
I had 10 Gold rings by this time last year, but this year the beaches are still solid ice.

7RS.jpg

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
He said "Booty" heh,heh,...heh
1553802440910.png

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Heh, this Global Warming is a bitch folks. Remember last March?
I had 10 Gold rings by this time last year, but this year the beaches are still solid ice.

View attachment 127377

...but think of how much sand will have been churned up from all those ice tsunamis.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
View attachment 130815
?????????????????????
Thanks for asking! . . :2 thumbs up:
Way too much feces going on to hunt right now, and I found out I cannot get the torn tendon in my right arm "fixed".
No screws no lasers no magic fix. I have to wear braces, take pills, use ice and allow the tears to heal on their own.

Seeing as I want to still be treasure hunting 25+ years from now I have to bite the bullet stop re fucking this up and get it healed for good.
It's been injured now for a year and a half straight.

Not happy but that's life!

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
@Irons You can always hire (or draft) a kid to swing the detector for you. Anyone can do that. It's you discerning the whining and shrieks that makes you an expert hunter. Might be a good way to pass the torch too.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
@Irons You can always hire (or draft) a kid to swing the detector for you. Anyone can do that. It's you discerning the whining and shrieks that makes you an expert hunter. Might be a good way to pass the torch too.
Good idea, OGD, surely we could find some volunteers to give ole man Irons some assistance...

Little Help.jpg

Or, like you said, someone that needs a little guidance...

Needs Help.jpg

course, Mrs Irons might have some input on my contributions <heh>
BF

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I found out I cannot get the torn tendon in my right arm "fixed".
My son tore his rotator cuff and another slight tear labrum[sp?]. Rehab was the preferred treatment strengthen the surrounding muscle groups to support the shoulder ( or any injury not designated for surgery).
I asked about Glucusamine[sp?] and Chrondrotin[sp?] the surgeon said "They can't hurt the injury". Those are building blocks of ligaments and tendons. FYI.
Best of Luck Irons.
Gb

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
I told you that bad would come of this stick treachery

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well at least you can type!
Don't bunga hunt?

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Dont'cha know "torn tendon" is code for, not giving up my strategy/secret location?

J/K, Irons, wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Dont'cha know "torn tendon" is code for, not giving up my strategy/secret location?

J/K, Irons, wishing you a speedy and full recovery!
This year Mudpuppy and Rat can't blame me when they don't find any Gold. The'll need a new excuse.

:meditation:

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
This year Mudpuppy and Rat can't blame me when they don't find any Gold. The'll need a new excuse.

:meditation:
I was trying to remember his name while typing the last post. Ol muddog must be frothing at the mouth wondering what you're up to!

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Thanks for asking! . . :2 thumbs up:
Way too much feces going on to hunt right now, and I found out I cannot get the torn tendon in my right arm "fixed".
No screws no lasers no magic fix. I have to wear braces, take pills, use ice and allow the tears to heal on their own.

Seeing as I want to still be treasure hunting 25+ years from now I have to bite the bullet stop re fucking this up and get it healed for good.
It's been injured now for a year and a half straight.

Not happy but that's life!

Sucks to hear about your decrepitness Bro. Hopefully you'll be out there soon scooping up countless nails, pop tops, and .2 gram sterling silver ear rings!

P.S. Hope it all works out, take care man.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This one is for you Irons.
Enough to get you digging or crying out in pain as you wish and/or try too.
Talk about Heavy Metal...

Wow! Incredible find! I'm guessing New England?

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This one is for you Irons.
Enough to get you digging or crying out in pain as you wish and/or try too.
Talk about Heavy Metal...

Lucky fecker, Bunhead Sovereigns! Looks like 3 fulls and one half sov.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lucky fecker, Bunhead Sovereigns! Looks like 3 fulls and one half sov.

What do you estimate that his haul was worth, numismatically speaking? How heavy are those coins and what % gold are they?

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What do you estimate that his haul was worth, numismatically speaking? How heavy are those coins and what % gold are they?
Full Sov's are .2354 oz and melt on one is $302.20. A 1857 just sold for $427 so they are pulling a pretty good premium. Young Victoria/ bunheads are really popular right now, which is good for me because people are ignoring the newer ones. The half Sov is a bunhead too so figure around $235-250 for that one. A heck of a walk in the woods, eh?

Sold Apr 29, 2019
NICE QUALITY 1857 Queen Victoria Young Head Gold Shield Sovereign

$427.48
Apr-29 13:26
15 bids
From United Kingdom
View simi

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Full Sov's are .2354 oz and melt on one is $302.20. A 1857 just sold for $427 so they are pulling a pretty good premium. Young Victoria/ bunheads are really popular right now, which is good for me because people are ignoring the newer ones. The half Sov is a bunhead too so figure around $235-250 for that one. A heck of a walk in the woods, eh?

Sold Apr 29, 2019
NICE QUALITY 1857 Queen Victoria Young Head Gold Shield Sovereign

$427.48
Apr-29 13:26
15 bids
From United Kingdom
View simi

Wow...and they are pretty nice looking to boot. Those he found are in great shape too...considering.