• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Irons MD & Prospecting thread

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200119-192506.png
Screenshot_20200119-192532.png

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
My first thought on seeing this pic - dang, she has some big hairy knuckles. Nice find.

iron.jpg

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Ice volcanoes.

Fargin place up there is a fargin nightmare.

Ice balls on the beach.

It is 82F here, and the sun is shining, and folks are swimming in the ocean...

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Who doesnt love themselves some Ice volcanos?

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Now we've seen it all!
4a9a169a-3930-42c6-b19d-217805b84105-ice_volcano.png

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Ice volcanoes.

Fargin place up there is a fargin nightmare.

Ice balls on the beach.

It is 82F here, and the sun is shining, and folks are swimming in the ocean...
Ice volcanoes keep the riff raff out. I hear Florida is nice! Go there!

thumbsup.gif

bigice-3-2018RS.jpg

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well, considering my aversion to cold... I confess to being (riff x raff)2

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I still wear the watch. The battery finally gave out awhile back so I replaced it and it should be good for another 20 years now.
:2 thumbs up:

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I used to fish for trout, steelhead and especially walleye but I got tired of it a few years ago. Too many assholes fishing for too few fish IMO.
I was never very good at it anyway.

Using the boat to to get to beaches to hunt for Gold is much more fun! I never found $750 worth of Gold trolling for walleyes.

.:meditation:View attachment 147742
Love yer flag.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It wasn't a flood, it was a man made failure. If the dam was never built there would be nothing to fail. Houses would have been built in different locations.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It wasn't a flood, it was a man made failure. If the dam was never built there would be nothing to fail. Houses would have been built in different locations.
You are failing to consider the reason for the dam in the first place. If the dam was an early build for flood control then there is those considerations.
The same low pressure system that was sitting over the North Central States, sinking towards the Southeastern and Mid West states for the past week created several dangerous flooding areas. One area just North of Cincinnati got rain dropping over an inch and hour and was defined as a 1% in a decade flood. Northern Kentucky in the Licking River area is still flooding.
This weather emergency was non-stop rain 4 days straight. The rest of the week has been off an on rain. That Michigan area was caught in the same weather pattern.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
You are failing to consider the reason for the dam in the first place. If the dam was an early build for flood control then there is those considerations.
The same low pressure system that was sitting over the North Central States, sinking towards the Southeastern and Mid West states for the past week created several dangerous flooding areas. One area just North of Cincinnati got rain dropping over an inch and hour and was defined as a 1% in a decade flood. Northern Kentucky in the Licking River area is still flooding.
This weather emergency was non-stop rain 4 days straight. The rest of the week has been off an on rain. That Michigan area was caught in the same weather pattern.
Yep, rained like a sombich for a couple days and nights. The usual places are flooding. Like they always do. As for the dams that broke that's way over in midland county and from what I read the feckin' dams were in bad shape 10 years ago. Each governor since then knew about it and did nothing to fix them.
I guess gov half whit was going to fix the damn dams after she fixed the damn roads, which she hasn't even begun to do yet. Too busy being an ugly and inept version of mussolini.

I never understood why people buy houses under dams, I mean seriously, what in the actual fuck is wrong with their heads?

Here's a test: If you are standing in the yard and you can see hills on either side of you, and there is a river in front of you do you buy the house?

Here's the only answer: DON'T BUY THE FRICKIN' HOUSE!!! IT WILL FLOOD OUT!!

I realize I'm old and cranky but I'm damn sick of seeing the people from the same damn areas whining and crying when their houses end up under water. Again. When we get a really cold winter and the Grand River (runs through Grand Rapids) gets a heavy coating of ice it gets really bad when spring comes. Guarantee there will be a major ice dam usually in Comstock Park and another one by Allendale. The water backs up and the same damn subdivisions that never should have been built will be underwater.

Peeps on the news: Waaaaah!!! We lost everything!!!!

Well, you're stupid. Stupid is supposed to be painful.

Didn't they teach you that in college?

cry-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I never understood why people buy houses under dams, I mean seriously, what in the actual fuck is wrong with their heads?
People wanting a home and the land is cheaper next thing a little village or town springs up.
Johnstown Flood in Pennsylvania was a dam break incident to name another.

I see riverfront property owners as gamblers playing the odds.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Who's taking the picture?

btw there is a guy on FB "Hunting for Gold" with many videos where he explains what to look for.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
What a fag.

It looks like alot of fun.

You find any dust or what?

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What a fag.

It looks like alot of fun.

You find any dust or what?
Not yet I've only tried a few spots and just learning to pan. There is definitely a skill to it but I'm getting down to black sand and garnets consistently now so it's fun. Officially panning is illegal in Michigan on trout streams and wild and scenic rivers/streams but that's a joke every freaking stream here has trout in it. So like metal detecting you just have to be invisible.

The Gold here was scraped down from Canada and the UP mountains and deposited in glacial moraines. The moraine areas here are clusters of big hills left behind from retreating glaciers, really pretty areas we are very familiar with. We ride motorcycles, mushroom hunt and just ride around and explore in them all season.

In the late summer & fall I have several places I plan on hitting where creeks cut through the hills and drop several hundred feet before joining one of the bigger rivers. We'll find more riding cycles this summer. When I find some color the plan is to classify several buckets of material and bring them home and run the cons through a small recirculating clean up sluice. Yeah it's pretty much illegal to sluice here too.

There are folks on Michigan prospecting forums who do pretty good, but like anything good they can't talk about it much. It's possible to find pockets and pay streaks and get an ounce or two of fine flakes and flour Gold here. But nobody's going to tell you how and where to do it.