• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Irons ongoing MD finds thread

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
ARRRGGGHHH, the new deckhand shirt has arrived, and it looks great. Thanks to Irons, for including me.

Also for the bounty. Hoping to wear it with honor and plenty of booty this summer, and heres to hoping a few in bikini's.:s1:

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Just got home from the sweat shop and found my new Sunday shirt on the table :s1: thanks Bro, they turned out sweet. Also dig the artifact :thumbs_up: You are the Man..

Wifey says your avatar is hilarious.....

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Got 3 new pirates outfitted today in our family! Thanks Irons! :thumbs_up:

I feel the need to watch "Up Periscope"

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a damn pirate nowdays! ARRRRR I'm glad you all like them! View attachment 57385

I really like this guys videos. He's a freshwater hunter in Finland and was a big inspiration for me to finally gear up and get into the freaking water.

His videos are pretty well edited and he has a good sense of humor and doesn't swear as much as I do!

He's a damn good pirate and his commentary is genuine as he puts into words what runs through your head water hunting.

If you ever wondered what it's like strolling into a virgin swim area with a amphibious metal detector here you go. :cheerful: :thumbs_up:

Part one skip to 3 minutes in.

[video=youtube_share;Bds9_CROy9U]http://youtu.be/Bds9_CROy9U[/video]

[video=youtube_share;n8pbyczfrvw]http://youtu.be/n8pbyczfrvw[/video]

[video=youtube_share;3IYdDfifHXs]http://youtu.be/3IYdDfifHXs[/video]

Last edited:

CiscoKid

They all look good through beer goggles...
Gold Chaser
Just received my shirt today. Looks like a fine quality T and I'm looking forward to wearing it with pride. Should look rather sporting with gabardine shorts, Birkenstocks, and black socks. :thumbs_up: Thank you for the extra booty! Made my day. May the wind always be in your sails, Irons. :beerglass:

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
That guy is awsome. Just wondering if you might have a cousin in Finland?

Guy pulled a few hundred bucks out of there, good for him. Thanks for sharing Irons.:cool1:

"/
Can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a damn pirate nowdays! ARRRRR I'm glad you all like them! View attachment 57385

I really like this guys videos. He's a freshwater hunter in Finland and was a big inspiration for me to finally gear up and get into the freaking water.

His videos are pretty well edited and he has a good sense of humor and doesn't swear as much as I do!

He's a damn good pirate and his commentary is genuine as he puts into words what runs through your head water hunting.

If you ever wondered what it's like strolling into a virgin swim area with a amphibious metal detector here you go. :cheerful: :thumbs_up:

Part one skip to 3 minutes in.

[video=youtube_share;Bds9_CROy9U]http://youtu.be/Bds9_CROy9U[/video]

[video=youtube_share;n8pbyczfrvw]http://youtu.be/n8pbyczfrvw[/video]

[video=youtube_share;3IYdDfifHXs]http://youtu.be/3IYdDfifHXs[/video]

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
That guy is awsome. Just wondering if you might have a cousin in Finland?

Guy pulled a few hundred bucks out of there, good for him. Thanks for sharing Irons.:cool1:

"/
I knew several Finnish exchange students when I was in high school. They were great hockey players and really added a lot to our teams.

They were also real down to earth kids and they loved Michigan because the forests and lakes were a lot like home. :thumbs_up:

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Looks like a modern copy to me, great looking coin though :D
I have only seen the pictures, but his aunt told me the LCS estimated it at $1500. He didn't sell it to them, but seems high to me.

That Circle M at the bottom bothers me.

I found these two, neither exact, but close:

syragathtet.jpg

syrdek.jpg

Those coins are from Sicily, BC, maybe he found a more modern copy?

SICILY, Syracuse. Agathokles. 317-289 BC. AR Tetradrachm (16.88 gm). Circa 310-305 BC
Wreathed head of Artemis-Arethusa left, three dolphins swimming around, [NK] below neck
Charioteer driving galloping quadriga left, holding kentron in right hand, reins in left; triskeles above, SURAKOSIWN and AI monogram in exergue.
Ex: H. D. Rauch Auction 76 Lot # 218

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I have only seen the pictures, but his aunt told me the LCS estimated it at $1500. He didn't sell it to them, but seems high to me.

I found these two, neither exact, but close:

Those coins are from Sicily, BC, maybe he found a more modern copy?

SICILY, Syracuse. Agathokles. 317-289 BC. AR Tetradrachm (16.88 gm). Circa 310-305 BC
Wreathed head of Artemis-Arethusa left, three dolphins swimming around, [NK] below neck
Charioteer driving galloping quadriga left, holding kentron in right hand, reins in left; triskeles above, SURAKOSIWN and AI monogram in exergue.
Ex: H. D. Rauch Auction 76 Lot # 218
Yeah that looks a bit too modern doesn't it?

If it's authentic that's one hell of a find! I would be happy just to dig a freaking pull tab nowdays, effing snow.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Great vids..............:thumbs_up:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
OMYGAWD!

This is the start of my LAST WEEK in this shoulder brace!!!!!!!!!! :banana::s9::cool05:

Soon as it comes off, I am heading to the beach with my sooper dooper MD gizmo. The Fabled PC is all a-twitter; she loves to hang out at the beach, and has even agreed to do the digging with my new plastic shovel.

YAY!

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
OMYGAWD!

This is the start of my LAST WEEK in this shoulder brace!!!!!!!!!! :banana::s9::cool05:

Soon as it comes off, I am heading to the beach with my sooper dooper MD gizmo. The Fabled PC is all a-twitter; she loves to hang out at the beach, and has even agreed to do the digging with my new plastic shovel.

YAY!
Happy hunting! Looking forward to seeing some of your finds. :beerglass:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Figured it was time to reopen this thread. Thanks to Scorp for keeping it around!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I already have 12 Gold rings for the 2017 season seeing Lake Michigan thawed out early this year.

Today was freaking awesome though I scored 2 Gold rings and one is 22k. 22k jewelry is damn near unheard of around here so this was a very rare surprise.
The little lead guy is Bungaman, my mascot. I scooped him out of an inland lake sometime in 2015. He is from the 1930's.
Thanks for looking! I will get the pictures and stories caught us as we go on here.

rs1.jpg
rs2.jpg
rs3.jpg
rs4.jpg
rs5.jpg
rs6.jpg
rs7.jpg

Last edited:

hydro

Seeker
Seeker
Nice finds! My wedding band is in the Pacific Ocean just off the coast of San Diego, post-divorce.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I am way out of order so let's get caught up.
February 16 ~ dancing with icebergs ~ I actually love cold weather hunting. Very peaceful and comfortable with the right gear.
GOLD #1 & 2 2017

2-16-17- (7)rs.jpg
rss1.jpg
rss2.jpg
rss3.jpg
2-16-17- (25)RS.jpg

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
GOLD #3, 4 & 5 2017

Same beach the next day Feb 17 I got 3 more..........Fecking beautiful!

rs1.jpg
rs2.jpg
rs3.jpg
SHARE3.jpg
rs4.jpg
rs5.jpg

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
GOLD #6 & 7 2017

February 27 scored another double at a different beach but forgot my camera. Fantastic early conditions in my area the winter ice just bulldozed the shit out of the beaches moving massive amounts of sand. That is a really good thing for me.

rs3.jpg
1rsgsc.jpg

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
GOLD #8 2017

March 4 scored a double in silver and a nice little 14k diamond ring. Mrs Irons snagged the silver rope.
It's 31 inches long 15 grams and really silky for, gag, silver.

rs1.jpg
rs2.jpg
rs4.jpg
rs5.jpg

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
GOLD #9 2017

March 9 tiny little 10k pearl ring saves the skunk....

rs1.jpg
rs3.jpg
z3-9-17- (3)rs.jpg

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
GOLD #10 2017

March 19 another old 10k band.............

rs1.jpg
rs2.jpg

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Irons I ran out of thanks, actually thinkin mebe i have one moar but saving it for when/if you find some silver.
Did you miss that massive silver chain? I was hoping it didn't have a home, but alias, his wife wanted it...,

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Irons I ran out of thanks, actually thinkin mebe i have one moar but saving it for when/if you find some silver.
Dont let Him fool you Wanka, He is pretty proud of His silver finds.....
Irons w silver ring.jpg

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Did you miss that massive silver chain? I was hoping it didn't have a home, but alias, his wife wanted it...,
Yep I flat missed it Birdmamm. I'm out of 4g again on my crap phone and these threads with pics jerk around trying to load making even trying to read a pain.

I'll revisit when I reup on my high speed and can make sense of what's happenin here.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
The day I met Bungaman in early May 2015. I scooped him out of an inland lake with a bunch of coins from the 1940's and other lead toys. A great old spot but no Gold. He caused a bit of a sensation on my MD forum because those folks like to be able to identify anything and lead toys are collectible. Nobody could figure out WTF he was. It was a pretty lively thread! Eventually a couple folks figured it out.

George79;2373804 said:
That's a Depth Man from Buck Rogers and the Depth Men of Jupiter. I had that book when I was a kid. I know it was already ID'ed, but I thought I'd just complete the story. So cool.
Way back then you could buy a mold kit and cast your own lead soldiers, Buck Rogers figures, etc. The original kits sell on ebay for a lot nowadays.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1934-Junior...071974?hash=item41987affe6:g:k5UAAOSw3ydVij9C

Water hunters are all a bit crazy and most of us keep something cool we found to show off our finds. So Bungaman got a job.
I found a couple little toy hats on ebay so now he's styling too. Pirate hat for when I snag something good, Indy Jones hat for the rest.

He is a bit of a crabby fuck and probably a drunk too.

bungadiscovery.jpg

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is that false color on your fingers or is it that damn cold ?
I thought you were wearing pink plastic gloves there for a moment.