• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Irons ongoing MD finds thread

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I really miss those brutal Michigan winters. Those were the days....
They separate the men from the boys. Nicest thing about winter in Michigan is most of the annoying people left in the fall!

.:2 thumbs up:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
So I hit 2 of my favorite Lake Michigan beaches over the last week and the currents must have shifted because both of them are filling with sand. Bummer, they are more than likely shot until spring.

But Friday December 1 I did manage to scoop up an iPhone 6 plus out of the mush.
Even water damaged they can bring a good scrap price. Feel free to bid it up for me! .
Arock.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272967553969?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
3 bids already? fuck it I should bid $10...who knows maybe I would win then I could weigh in on your feedback

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
3 bids already? fuck it I should bid $10...who knows maybe I would win then I could weigh in on your feedback
It probably fell off a speedboat full of bikini hotties and is full of nude model photos and videos. Just sayin'. .

aawhistle.gif

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Your a Dreamer (not of the illegal alien type). I try to find a little good in all people.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Didja put it in a bag of rice to dry it out??

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Didja put it in a bag of rice to dry it out??
Nope. I don't have a charger for it anyway and I ain't buying one.

I did scoop an iPhone 4 out of a lake a couple years ago and let it sit for a month or so with the holes side down so it could drain. I sold it to a co worker for $20 who wanted the glass for his iPhone 4.
He plugged it in and it fired right up. It was a college kids phone and the pictures on it were all super tame and non personal.

So the kid cleaned the pictures out of it before tossing it in the lake and claiming he lost it.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Any computer usb port will charge it. It’s the micro cable you need. Probable the kid down the block has one...?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Any computer usb port will charge it. It’s the micro cable you need. Probable the kid down the block has one...?
Not interested, besides it's like a Christmas present for the person who buys it from me.
Wouldn't want to ruin their surprise.
They don't know what treasures are inside until they open it and look!

I have another iPhone out in the pole barn I found this spring. It's smaller and is in rough shape but the glass is intact.
I should list that one too.
Beach hunters, especially water hunters find a lot of cell phones in the wild.

.:2 thumbs up:

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Heck Irons is in such a good mood he might even throw some junk silver in with the phone just to get rid of it! :belly laugh:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Heck Irons is in such a good mood he might even throw some junk silver in with the phone just to get rid of it! :belly laugh:
It's not like it would cost me anything. Silver, meh. Worth less than clad!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
GOLD #27 2017

I had a great day at Lake Michigan today! Managed to find a couple troughs with targets and this beauty was in one of them!
1914 HHS class ring I am guessing Holland High School because that city is nearby and the high school dates back to 1848.

Oldest class ring for me by several years too. This girl graduated from high school 103 years ago!

Major cold kicks in Saturday so this was a nice way to end the 2017 season for me.
I will be adding some year end and career Gold totals when I get bored this winter.

Thanks for looking and following along!

rs1.jpg
rs2.jpg
rs3.jpg
rs4.jpg
rs5.jpg
rs6.jpg
rs7.jpg

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I polished it for the at home pictures. It may get me quite a bit over melt on ebay.

Donate it to the local historical society and have them give you a number way above what you'd get on eBay and take the massive deduction on your taxes.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Donate it to the local historical society and have them give you a number way above what you'd get on eBay and take the massive deduction on your taxes.
That is a great idea! I thought of putting it on ebay with the idea an alumni would get it for a museum. I am sure those dutch folks would love to have it on display.
Holland is a pretty tight knit small city.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
That is a great idea! I thought of putting it on ebay with the idea an alumni would get it for a museum. I am sure those dutch folks would love to have it on display.
Holland is a pretty tight knit small city.

Lots of tax case law to support your deduction too. Somewhere a IRS apparatchik is cringing right now.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I did this with some sterling silver horse trophies I caught cheap in an auction years ago. They were from Camden, SC in the late 1800s.
FIRST, I put an ad in the Columbia, SC news paper ( the major newspaper of SC) and sold a couple back to equestrian clubs in Camden, SC.
I had no takers for three others so I took them to the Kentucky Horse Park outside of Lexington. I told the "appraiser" I got $250.00 ea for two I sent back to their origin in SC. The "appraiser" wrote me up a document for an $850.00 Donation with a clarification I give up all rights to the trophies donated. - NO PROBLEM.

They were on display for awhile but eventually relegated to warehousing as these were not Thoroughbred Trophies and NOT made of gold that all the trophies on display were. It was nice to see while it lasted.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Aw look smoove caught himself a ring out of the bubble gum machine. (jj)
Nice Work Guy - seriously

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Irons, I was just thinkin' ( which dangerous most of the time):
Why don't you put some of your finds here on GIM ?
I know I wouldn't mind owning a "Brother Irons Find" in my "Food Stamp Price Range" that is. :oriental:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Irons, I was just thinkin' ( which dangerous most of the time):
Why don't you put some of your finds here on GIM ?
I know I wouldn't mind owning a "Brother Irons Find" in my "Food Stamp Price Range" that is. :oriental:
Heck if you see me post something you want just let me know. I am more than happy to sell jewelry for melt.
Do you like wristwatches? I have a Fossil black stainless beauty freshly scooped from Lake Michigan last November.
It is sitting right here under my monitor running like the day it was made.

It could be yours for the low low price of free!

rs1.jpg

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
So I hit 2 of my favorite Lake Michigan beaches over the last week and the currents must have shifted because both of them are filling with sand. Bummer, they are more than likely shot until spring.

But Friday December 1 I did manage to scoop up an iPhone 6 plus out of the mush.
Even water damaged they can bring a good scrap price. Feel free to bid it up for me! . View attachment 96080

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272967553969?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Shoot darn near a dos pesos pre fee.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Heck if you see me post something you want just let me know. I am more than happy to sell jewelry for melt.
Do you like wristwatches? I have a Fossil black stainless beauty freshly scooped from Lake Michigan last November.
It is sitting right here under my monitor running like the day it was made.

It could be yours for the low low price of free!

View attachment 97430
I got the watch today. It is much better looking than the photo above.
I now have a memento from Brother Irons, and it kewl ( steal some other members word).

Thanks You Irons

:2 thumbs up:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I got the watch today. It is much better looking than the photo above.
I now have a memento from Brother Irons, and it kewl ( steal some other members word).

Thanks You Irons

:2 thumbs up:
Yay!! Another treasure pried from the bony fingers of Davy Jones himself finds a great home.
It's a nice watch I'm glad you like it!

...................:holding hands:

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Do all watches look that good out of the water? No sand scratches or anything?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Do all watches look that good out of the water? No sand scratches or anything?
Not a chance. I have found a couple dozen watches over the years and that is the first one that was still running.
One winter here and the ice cracks them like a walnut.
That is one lucky to be found watch, and it will bring brother Goldbrix luck too.

.:oriental:

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Excuse me I gotta go play the MEGA MILLIONS!!! :dancing guy