• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Irons ongoing MD finds thread

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Gold #21 2018

Went to the busy sanded in beach today. Holy sheet I had forgotten how absolutely packed with people Grand Haven State Park is.
Anyway the day was beautiful, the water is warm and it was hot as feck so everybody was in the water.
The bikini scenery is flat out incredible at this beach.

I was just cruising along zig zagging in the mommy zone and going around groups of people. By 2 PM there was so many people it was impossible to go around folks so I left.

I did manage to score a junk necklace and a junk big ass diamond ring! It's a trip because there is so many people around you only get a glimpse of what you scooped up and you hide it in your hand and scoot it right into your pouch.

Never allow anybody to see anything good in your scoop or in your hand. They are looking too. Lie often and always.

I thought the necklace was fake because it looked too good when I got back to the car. It is marked 14k, but it's plated stainless.
The big fake diamond is set in a Fredrick Goldman 14k band though, so we have a winner!! .
winner3.gif

Thanks for looking! You too lurking Smooth!

RS1.jpg
RS2.jpg
RS3.jpg
RS4.jpg
RS5.jpg

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Hey Irons man, how do you tell the difference between real 14k and the plated stainless marked 14k?
First strike is it doesn't feel heavy enough in your hand. A big old 14k Cuban link 24 inch chain like that is going to weigh well into the 28 - 36 grams range at the very least.

Second strike is it just looks too perfect, too shiny Gold colored. The plating also gets darker with age. You can see in the first picture the chain looks darker than the 14k band under the fake diamond.

Then you rub a link on your Gold test stone and it streaks Gold for a second or two then the streak turns white.

.:piss

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Gold shorts, gold bracelet, gold chain, gold glasses........ obviously eats well...... hairy back......gotta be Scorpio in disguise....

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
it's too cold for sharks north of the arctic circle!
Not for this bad boy:
1534774776282.png

"...The Greenland shark (Somniosus microcephalus), also known as the gurry shark or grey shark, or by the Kalaallisut name eqalussuaq, is a large shark of the family Somniosidae ("sleeper sharks"), closely related to the Pacific and southern sleeper sharks.[2] The distribution of this species is mostly restricted to the waters of the North Atlantic Ocean and Arctic Ocean.

It has the longest known lifespan of all vertebrate species (estimated to be between 300–500 years), and is among the largest extant species of shark. As an adaptation to living at depth,[3] it has a high concentration of trimethylamine N-oxide in its tissues, which causes the meat to be toxic.[4] Greenland shark flesh treated to reduce toxin levels is eaten in Iceland as a delicacy known as kæstur hákarl.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland_shark

Attachments

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
That not only looks miserable it looks COLD too.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
that's an average day, witch of november come early this year?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Gold #22 2018

Winds stopped at one of my up north beaches middle of last night and this morning had fog and almost flat conditions.
It was beautiful! The entire shore moved which didn't help me, but the offshore sandbar lost about 3 feet of it's shore side revealing a nice strip of old targets. I had just scooped up a few pyramid sinkers, a few corroded quarters and nickels when I heard just the smoothest mellow mid tone about 8 inches deep.

Very rarely do I get to hear a Gold ring lying flat with nothing else mixed in. The easy stuff is long gone the vast majority of Gold and rings I find are mixed in with other junk metals like nails, or they are lying at a funny angle so they sound like anything but Gold.

This was so perfect I knew it was a ring and hoped it wasn't fake. As soon as I saw it in the scoop I knew it was real! .
asweet.gif

Thanks for looking and if anybody wants this ring you can have it for melt. It's big, size 11 1/2 and it's a well made older ring.
Too nice to melt. I can polish it to make it shine like new.

rs1.jpg
rs2.jpg
rs4.jpg
rs5.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
FIRST!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Thanks for looking and if anybody wants this ring you can have it for melt.
FREE DIAMONDS!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
misty, yer a card, you are...

BF
This Earth is too farking boring not to be. It's one of my main sources of entertainment. In my younger daze I was a bit too much. :)

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter