• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Irons ongoing MD finds thread

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Might have to close and lock this thread, it hasnt produced like we thought
But it's windy Dave! Moving air is wrenching up the gold scooping works. Can't you feel the pain & anguish just thinking about a breeze?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I wasn't looking for my butt! The one I did find was big enough though!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
1540182744513.png
1540182887628.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Spent two days at my local hot spot with my new detector and pulled out a couple things. I'm fairly happy with the finds.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Dayum that was a lot of digging scooping.....
Anything noteworthy in that cache?....
I was joking about it being mine...this looks like a hoard from over many years. The top looks like a pile of Rev war relics (musket balls?) TONS OF GOLD COINS!, and to ponder the history of the dog tags is pretty amazing. I wonder if those old sheriff badges are authentic. Also some of the old pins down bottom look military in nature.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Them there "sheriff's badges" are from a carnival machine from at least sixty years ago.

The machine I used was old, old, old on May 25, 1958... the day Herself and Your Humble Obdn't &tc "went steady".

There was an amusement complex that had the machine. It took me three tries (at a silver quarter each try) before I got it spaced out perfect and made a memento we've got to this day. Stamped onnit in a circle:

"Betty and Walt -- May 25th 1958"

I just found it in an ancient album of ours. Next to a couple of scrolls I forgot to put in them caves by the Dead Sea. HAH. Mebbe that ain't quite accurate, but while looking for that treasured 25c medallion, I found the Iron Cross my Daddy used a rake to drag off a dead German pilot that had crashed. Had to use a rake because the plane was burning. It says "1914" on it. Pretty kewl. TINS

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Oh DEAR. We have hit Unca's Memory Bin.

Nunley's <<== that was the name of the place. This is gonna be as hard to swallow as a Vaseline sandwich, but...

I RODE IN THIS BOAT AT AGE 4 (Yeah, the war was still on):

And while I am at it, my first Carousel ride was on this thing below. I was three, and terrified, so I sat on that blue bench-looking thing in the middle.

I soon graduated to the uppy-down wooden hand-made horsies. But from the time I was about 7, I'd be leaning way out to get a steel ring as we went by. I NEVER got a gold ring (free ride).

It was around for some time...

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Snowing like a mofo and cold as feck here, and I'm at my cabin up north for a week +. What was that furball sayin' 'bout seasons being off?
Snow came so quick, again, I only got the leaves cleared from one house. Ah well.
Deer season starts Thursday and I gots doe tags! Life is good!

:2 thumbs up:

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Then we expect results. Real results.
I used to have a bunch of people up here, the more the better and bask in the deer camp camaraderie!!
Then after a couple drunken decades it dawned on me I not only pay the property tax I also do all the fucking work.
Sooooo deer season is much quieter 'round here these days.

I have a pretty good idea who my resident deer mama and yearling groups are and when they come out. Once I know who they are for sure I will commence shooting the newcomers. My judas goats are always safe. They do a lot of the work for me.

:meditation:

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I used to have a bunch of people up here, the more the better and bask in the deer camp camaraderie!!
Then after a couple drunken decades it dawned on me I not only pay the property tax I also do all the fucking work.
Sooooo deer season is much quieter 'round here these days.

I have a pretty good idea who my resident deer mama and yearling groups are and when they come out. Once I know who they are for sure I will commence shooting the newcomers. My judas goats are always safe. They do a lot of the work for me.

:meditation:
Same here. Use to go with a huge group. Now its just the father-in-law and I. Went out last weekend and didn't see a thing. Nothing. Father-in-law tagged a 9 pointer last wed with his Honda civic and totaled it. I got class tomorrow, so I cant get back out, but will be back in the woods the third weekend. It was warm last weekend and our cold front hit. Windy and teens here in MN.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Same here. Use to go with a huge group. Now its just the father-in-law and I. Went out last weekend and didn't see a thing. Nothing. Father-in-law tagged a 9 pointer last wed with his Honda civic and totaled it. I got class tomorrow, so I cant get back out, but will be back in the woods the third weekend. It was warm last weekend and our cold front hit. Windy and teens here in MN.
What gauge is a Honda Civic?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Posts #2425 - 2429 was GREAT STUFF guys. Loved it. :drive by: :shit happens: :truck2: :dduck:

Look at it this way the meat has already been tenderized :rotf:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
If I did not have my Black Belt (Cold Afraider-Of), I'd sure as daybreak be up in a tree somewheres in the frigid North like Georgia.

(*sigh*)

Right now I am dead beat and laboring like a cow in heat... and that is because I just chain-sawed a few PITA Floriduh holly trees this morning. Fargin things grow -- and this is no shit -- more than ten feet a year. They are a relative to poisey idy <-- Having kids ruins your speech habits. Poison Ivy.

I wish I could use my digitizer and go visit Irons in his sooper duck blind and shoot some moose. But I am way too creaky to travel more than ten miles nowadays.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
a relative to poisey idy <-- Having kids ruins your speech habits. Poison Ivy.
Amen Brother Unca. When the kids would watch a movie and the obvious Bad Guy would get his comeuppance. They'd ask 'Dad is that bad karmels ? or He has Bad Karmels" . So much for "Kharma".

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Bunga don't approve of his thread being hijacked!
Shoot this sucka done been abandoned! Aint no gold being scooped till April now! I think it's all been a LARP. Trumpet put him up to it, TINS

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It was 19 peter shriveled degrees this morning. I'm on my 3rd hot chocolate
Which mug you usin'?
1541869638780.png

Oh, remember the mugs we had made up when we pimped out Muttons at the Woman's Auxiliary Christmas party in Ohio years back?
1541869707412.png