• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Irons ongoing MD finds thread

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Let me guess, the weather got nice and the storms churned up a couple rings...

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Oh you fecker!

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Let me guess, the weather got nice and the storms churned up a couple rings...
If that was true then we'd be seeing posts with Bunga man.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
It's tradition for Irons to tease us, then post something gaudy in an attempt to make us jealous and it usually works

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Gold #24 2018

Friday was finally a good day with slight east wind and mid 30's temps. The beach that TPTB filled with sand earlier this year is hitting again.
When I was there once over the summer I noticed they pumped the area in front of the campground full of heavy gritty sand but the rest of the beach was OK. They did a half assed job. So I told everybody on the MD forum the beach was ruined for 12 years at least. Over with. Dead. Go somewhere else.

I even stayed away from it because, you know, spies looking for my car. Like that damn Mudpuppy. I can't even post my finds over there anymore and rub their faces in it because as soon as I do fecking 10 people show up at the beach the next day. I learned that lesson this spring.
Never again, no more mr. nice pirate.

So Friday I found a area where the water pushed along shore from the SW, and when it hit the area they filled with heavy sand it flowed back out into the lake making a good deep cut. There was all kinds of trash in this hole and I was enjoying the hell out of it. There was what looked like parts of an old white pine stump on it's side with gnarled roots sticking up here and there, chunks of concrete, a PVC pipe going from who the feck knows where and a huge, jagged chunk of some thick twisted sheet metal. Maybe an old car? Who knows, I know none of this crap was ever exposed any of the times I had been here before.

I scooped keys, bobby pins and barrettes, old toys, a pile of clad, a few wheat pennies and an old 10k ring, next target was the Merc dime. The 925 bracelet was right by shore.

With any luck the hole will get bigger and move along the shore for a while. Thanks for looking! .
asweet.gif

rs-1.jpg
rs-2.jpg
rs-4.jpg
rs3.jpg
rs-3.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yeah that Merc's in amazing shape for a silver piece.

What's with the cut ring band?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Yeah that Merc's in amazing shape for a silver piece.

What's with the cut ring band?
Probably broken by ice. I see that a lot with rings that have been in the lakes for decades. It's not uncommon to get 3 feet of ice on inland lakes and at a Lake MI beach like that the waves over the winter stack ice on shore 15-20 feet easy.
The rings I get out of shallow water in inland lakes all have the bands broken and any stones they had in them are usually gone.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Dear Mr. Mudguppy. please read the following.

Friday was finally a good day with slight east wind and mid 30's temps. The beach that TPTB filled with sand earlier this year is hitting again.
When I was there once over the summer I noticed they pumped the area in front of the campground full of heavy gritty sand but the rest of the beach was OK. They did a half assed job. So I told everybody on the MD forum the beach was ruined for 12 years at least. Over with. Dead. Go somewhere else.

I even stayed away from it because, you know, spies looking for my car. Like that damn Mudpuppy. I can't even post my finds over there anymore and rub their faces in it because as soon as I do fecking 10 people show up at the beach the next day. I learned that lesson this spring.
Never again, no more mr. nice pirate.

So Friday I found a area where the water pushed along shore from the SW, and when it hit the area they filled with heavy sand it flowed back out into the lake making a good deep cut. There was all kinds of trash in this hole and I was enjoying the hell out of it. There was what looked like parts of an old white pine stump on it's side with gnarled roots sticking up here and there, chunks of concrete, a PVC pipe going from who the feck knows where and a huge, jagged chunk of some thick twisted sheet metal. Maybe an old car? Who knows, I know none of this crap was ever exposed any of the times I had been here before.

I scooped keys, bobby pins and barrettes, old toys, a pile of clad, a few wheat pennies and an old 10k ring, next target was the Merc dime. The 925 bracelet was right by shore.

With any luck the hole will get bigger and move along the shore for a while. Thanks for looking! .

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That has got to be Florida. Too many MDers for TTUN or any other state. IMHO

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
After setting up a clandestine security camera on his favorite beach Irons finally discovers who has been dropping a dime on him.

Now that we know his GPS we can leave him one of those bogus lottery tickets to find.
1543964052293.png
Make sure you got the camera on em when he scratches it.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That has got to be Florida. Too many MDers for TTUN or any other state. IMHO
That's a timed, seeded competition hunt. A MD manufacturer usually teams up with a local dealer and they seed a section of beach.
Then a limited number of hunters are turned loose to recover as many targets as they can in say 10 minutes.
Most targets wins. Those are all about speed, I would love to do one someday. It looks like fun!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Now that we know his GPS we can leave him one of those bogus lottery tickets to find.
View attachment 117977 Make sure you got the camera on em when he scratches it.
My Nephew and Niece gave those fake scratch offs for Christmas Gifts a few years back.
Let's just say the elders did not see the "FUN" in the joke. Some really got pissed.
Nobody has even tried it or talked about it since.
Me, I laughed my ass off. The more the in-laws got heated the funnier it got.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
My Nephew and Niece gave those fake scratch offs for Christmas Gifts a few years back.
Let's just say the elders did not see the "FUN" in the joke. Some really got pissed.
Nobody has even tried it or talked about it since.
Me, I laughed my ass off. The more the in-laws got heated the funnier it got.
I just got an idea...

mayhem

My name is Perrin. Who are you?
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Even those fake lottery tickets say made in China. :-)

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Does IRONS have a heart?

Secret Santa drops gold coin worth $1,300 into Salvation Army red kettle in St. Clair Shores

9:19 AM, Dec 6, 2018

11:10 AM, Dec 6, 2018

Copyright 2018 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Scott Olson

ST. CLAIR SHORES, Mich. (WXYZ) - The Salvation Army's secret Santa strikes again for the sixth year in a row.
A spokesperson from the Salvation Army of Metro Detroit said the secret Santa dropped a 1980 South African gold Krugerrand into a red kettle at the Marter Street Kroger in St. Clair Shores.
The gold coin is worth about $1,300, according to the Salvation Army.
The donation will help:
  • Provide a child with a warm winter coat
  • Send a child to summer day camp through The Salvation Army Outdoors program
  • Reconnect families through the Harbor Light's drug and rehabilitation/treatment program
  • Protect and preserve families through the William Booth Legal Aid Clinic
  • Helps a family become self-sufficient through the Pathway of Hope program
  • Helps a child succeed academically through after-school programs
Apparently, the mysterious donor has placed a Krugerrand into the kettle at around the same time frame and location since 2013.
All six coins have an estimated value of nearly $7,400.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Indy has a person that puts in 10k cash every year

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
If we wait any longer for Irons to spin us a tail, it's not gonna count for 2018.
Heh, I had to get my gear dried out and repacked in the car for tomorrow. Food too it take a lot of protein to play in 35 degree water for several hours. I am going back out to another beach right after work tomorrow! I will probably be there all day if I get into a target area.
Conditions may hold good for me all weekend, but by Saturday morning the fair weather pirates will be out.
I plan on leaving them nothing but shattered dreams. . .
aathroat-cut.gif

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Heh, I had to get my gear dried out and repacked in the car for tomorrow. Food too it take a lot of protein to play in 35 degree water for several hours. I am going back out to another beach right after work tomorrow! I will probably be there all day if I get into a target area.
Conditions may hold good for me all weekend, but by Saturday morning the fair weather pirates will be out.
I plan on leaving them nothing but shattered dreams. . . View attachment 118883

Funny, my monitor just stopped displaying pics all of a sudden. Hmmph.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Gold #25 2018

I went right back to the last area I got Gold and all the trash that was exposed 2 weeks ago is totally covered now. That PVC pipe that was sticking up 3 feet off the bottom now is just the very tip sticking out of the sand. Bizarre! All that old sheet metal is back to being buried under 4 feet of sand.

I did find a strip of good targets, wasn't much and it petered out quickly but it was enough! Got some coins, lots of mushroom iron and a beautiful little 10k emerald ring! It hit like a ton of bricks too, just a solid mellow mid tone all by it's self, ringing in @ a solid 49 on the AT Pro screen. Nickels are a 51 so I knew the odds were good I had a big fish on this time. Too bad the stone is all chipped up it was a nice ring at one time.
A sterling ring too but who cares. 22 cents worth of white copper.

Thanks for looking! I will be dreaming of strolling into a trough of fat 14k wedding rings under sunny skies tomorrow.!

PIRATE.GIF

rs11.jpg
rs22.jpg
rs33.jpg
rs44.jpg
rs55.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Pretty color. Topaz?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Looks blue/turquoise on my screen.

Good luck tomorrow! May ye dig heavy metal.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Moar Mudpuppy wisdom.............................

Mud-puppy;3042298 said:
Back in 1979 I drove from Toledo Ohio all over the Country in my Wagoneer and eventually found myself in Eugene Oregon, out of money and out of gas...so I sold my jeep and headed East...I remember a little town called McKenzie Bridge..the reason I remember that is some really nice lithe young lady picked me up as I was walking along the road with nothing but my Bear Super Kodiak and a small backpack with essentials...not even a tent! Not even any food! I figured I'd snare or shoot something along the way!!

She was going up to help her Mother move that day, Her name was Laura, she had two small children, Willy and Sarah, and she was a fresh divorcee, lonely and vulnerable........Being a Gentleman, I helped with the move of course.....As the evening approached, she dropped me off at a trail head going into the Three Sister Wilderness Area...I probably shoulda never got out of her car! We woulda made a handsome couple! Anyway...I was already in love with my current Wife, who didnt know it at the time.

My plan was to hike over the top and down into Bend and catch a bus to Minnesota and ask my future Wife out on a date...which I eventually did...But yeah, during the trek, something big and furry woke me in the dead hour darkness standing on my chest and breathing in my face! Then it slapped me around and knocked the royal hell out of me! I blacked out and woke up the next morning in all sorts of various violation!...I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure I was buggered...

True story...I still have that Super Kodiak Bow....right here in my office..and amazingly I still have my Wife! so besides the whole Bigfoot Buggering deal, 1979 was not a bad year considering!

I will add, That big area is no place to wander around and try to 'live off the Land'....I was moving too fast to snare, and there wasnt anything out there to kill! Not like walking along an Ohio soy bean field with a woodchuck every 100 yards and bunnies galore! I didnt have anything to eat for 4 days! My senses got REAL sharp! I managed to shoot a red squirrel out of a pine tree...and once I got down on the eastern side of the mountains, I found a really nice corn field with field corn in it! I gobbled up that field corn raw! The best corn I ever had in my life!

I learned a lesson! This Planet aint fit for Humans!