• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Irons ongoing MD finds thread

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Looks totally hunt-able..... wouldn't stop Mud Guppy .
Yeah, I'm like totally sure those beepy sticks work through a little snow and ice. A real pirate would have a pick ax. Just sayin'.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
He said "Booty" heh,heh,...heh
1553802440910.png

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Heh, this Global Warming is a bitch folks. Remember last March?
I had 10 Gold rings by this time last year, but this year the beaches are still solid ice.

View attachment 127377
...but think of how much sand will have been churned up from all those ice tsunamis.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Thanks for asking! . . :2 thumbs up:
Way too much feces going on to hunt right now, and I found out I cannot get the torn tendon in my right arm "fixed".
No screws no lasers no magic fix. I have to wear braces, take pills, use ice and allow the tears to heal on their own.

Seeing as I want to still be treasure hunting 25+ years from now I have to bite the bullet stop re fucking this up and get it healed for good.
It's been injured now for a year and a half straight.

Not happy but that's life!

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
@Irons You can always hire (or draft) a kid to swing the detector for you. Anyone can do that. It's you discerning the whining and shrieks that makes you an expert hunter. Might be a good way to pass the torch too.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
@Irons You can always hire (or draft) a kid to swing the detector for you. Anyone can do that. It's you discerning the whining and shrieks that makes you an expert hunter. Might be a good way to pass the torch too.
Good idea, OGD, surely we could find some volunteers to give ole man Irons some assistance...

Little Help.jpg

Or, like you said, someone that needs a little guidance...

Needs Help.jpg

course, Mrs Irons might have some input on my contributions <heh>
BF

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I found out I cannot get the torn tendon in my right arm "fixed".
My son tore his rotator cuff and another slight tear labrum[sp?]. Rehab was the preferred treatment strengthen the surrounding muscle groups to support the shoulder ( or any injury not designated for surgery).
I asked about Glucusamine[sp?] and Chrondrotin[sp?] the surgeon said "They can't hurt the injury". Those are building blocks of ligaments and tendons. FYI.
Best of Luck Irons.
Gb

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Well at least you can type!
Don't bunga hunt?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Dont'cha know "torn tendon" is code for, not giving up my strategy/secret location?

J/K, Irons, wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
This year Mudpuppy and Rat can't blame me when they don't find any Gold. The'll need a new excuse.

:meditation:
I was trying to remember his name while typing the last post. Ol muddog must be frothing at the mouth wondering what you're up to!

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Thanks for asking! . . :2 thumbs up:
Way too much feces going on to hunt right now, and I found out I cannot get the torn tendon in my right arm "fixed".
No screws no lasers no magic fix. I have to wear braces, take pills, use ice and allow the tears to heal on their own.

Seeing as I want to still be treasure hunting 25+ years from now I have to bite the bullet stop re fucking this up and get it healed for good.
It's been injured now for a year and a half straight.

Not happy but that's life!

Sucks to hear about your decrepitness Bro. Hopefully you'll be out there soon scooping up countless nails, pop tops, and .2 gram sterling silver ear rings!

P.S. Hope it all works out, take care man.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
What do you estimate that his haul was worth, numismatically speaking? How heavy are those coins and what % gold are they?
Full Sov's are .2354 oz and melt on one is $302.20. A 1857 just sold for $427 so they are pulling a pretty good premium. Young Victoria/ bunheads are really popular right now, which is good for me because people are ignoring the newer ones. The half Sov is a bunhead too so figure around $235-250 for that one. A heck of a walk in the woods, eh?

Sold Apr 29, 2019
NICE QUALITY 1857 Queen Victoria Young Head Gold Shield Sovereign

$427.48
Apr-29 13:26
15 bids
From United Kingdom
View simi

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Full Sov's are .2354 oz and melt on one is $302.20. A 1857 just sold for $427 so they are pulling a pretty good premium. Young Victoria/ bunheads are really popular right now, which is good for me because people are ignoring the newer ones. The half Sov is a bunhead too so figure around $235-250 for that one. A heck of a walk in the woods, eh?

Sold Apr 29, 2019
NICE QUALITY 1857 Queen Victoria Young Head Gold Shield Sovereign

$427.48
Apr-29 13:26
15 bids
From United Kingdom
View simi
Wow...and they are pretty nice looking to boot. Those he found are in great shape too...considering.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Great video from these guys! I watch other people treasure hunt while I wait for my elbow to heal.

I've found some neat stuff while snorkeling - mostly sunglasses and fishing tackle (my box is about 20% recovered tackle). The coolest thing I have found was a wad of Canadian dollars in a lake in Ontario when I was 14. It was about $55 Canadian...just laying there on the bottom near the campground beach in Madoc.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Great video from these guys! I watch other people treasure hunt while I wait for my elbow to heal.

That section of the Chatahoochie has whitewater rafting, so people get dunked out of their boats all the time so there is probably a lot of stuff for them to find.