• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Irons ongoing MD finds thread

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Muttons would do well in Australia

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yeah but incredible heat, flies, scorpions not to mention spiders and snakes so venomous they can kill an entire family by biting one person!

.Gold never comes easy.............

.:tex:
The only time I ever saw Steve Irwin sweat was when an Australian snake came up to him and licked his nose...he called it the "deadly" snake if I recall correctly, and he wouldn't pick it up. The only snake that I know of that he didn't even attempt to pick up because it was so ornery and venomous.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The only time I ever saw Steve Irwin sweat was when an Australian snake came up to him and licked his nose...he called it the "deadly" snake if I recall correctly, and he wouldn't pick it up. The only snake that I know of that he didn't even attempt to pick up because it was so ornery and venomous.
I believe the would be the Common Brown Snake of Australia.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I remember that event.

The deadliest snake in the whole joint eeeased up and s-l-o-w-l-y stroked along Irwin's face. Jeebus.

Go to the 2:40 mark and try not to pee yourself:

Yes! The "fierce" snake. That's it. The ONLY snake I never saw Steve try to pick up. Ever.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
None of Irwin's fans thought anything other than a croc or snake would get him...but the lowly stingray did the job!
Lowly stingray?

I've seen those while surfing, when the water is clear, they'll swim inches below your board. I can tell you, lowly, they are not. Luckily, while surfing, peeing in your pants isn't a big deal.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Lowly stingray?

I've seen those while surfing, when the water is clear, they'll swim inches below your board. I can tell you, lowly, they are not. Luckily, as only surfers know, peeing in your pants isn't a big deal.
Meaning, the perceived least threat out of snakes, crocs, sharks, etc.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Meaning, the perceived least threat out of snakes, crocs, sharks, etc.
Yeah, I hear you. I didn't watch the video of it but I heard the stingray stuck him right in the heart. Had it got him in the leg or the arm he probably would have lived through it.

I watched some of his other videos. And yes, I was scared half to death just watching them from my living room. A very brave soul, my he RIP.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Was this season a total wipe-out Irons ?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Was this season a total wipe-out Irons ?
Yep, between my blown tendon my beloved Gage dying and other massive family issues 2019 has been a shit year. Shit point 5.
I want to still be treasure hunting 25 years from now so healing this arm once and for all is top priority. Besides, you know,
global warming has the water so freaking high in Lake Michigan nobody is finding much anyway. It's a good time to take a break.
Finley will be big enough to come with us in the spring! He's just a spit now and not big enough for serious hiking.

.:meditation:

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Yep, between my blown tendon my beloved Gage dying and other massive family issues 2019 has been a shit year. Shit point 5.
I want to still be treasure hunting 25 years from now so healing this arm once and for all is top priority. Besides, you know,
global warming has the water so freaking high in Lake Michigan nobody is finding much anyway. It's a good time to take a break.
Finley will be big enough to come with us in the spring! He's just a spit now and not big enough for serious hiking.

.:meditation:
Missed the part about Gage passing. Sorry Bro.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
thanks, Irons, had a bit of time on my hands yesterday...
gloomy assed rain

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Not funny. Back when I was just getting started I was looking for a sweet sounding target in a park and I couldn't find it. I kept waving handfulls of dirt in front of the coil and getting the target but when I dumped out the dirt there was noting there.
I forgot I was wearing a Gold wedding ring.

aawhistle.gif

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Not funny. Back when I was just getting started I was looking for a sweet sounding target in a park and I couldn't find it. I kept waving handfulls of dirt in front of the coil and getting the target but when I dumped out the dirt there was noting there.
I forgot I was wearing a Gold wedding ring.

View attachment 143400
:rotf::shit happens:

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Sorry for your dear GAGE, Irons.

And the rest of your sad year-to-date-situation.

Hopefully you will pick-up the pieces and start to fly again.

HS

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
You dont have to baby him along. As soon as he gets his head out of his ass hell be as good as new. Sometimes it takes awhile.

Life sucks man.......do I have some first hand stories I could tell...........

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Heck, I have been there too in the past.

I am having one of my best bottles of Pinot Noir - Windward @ Paso Robles, CA 2012 -
for his sake...

For some reason I feel better...

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Heck, I have been there too in the past.

I am having one of my best bottles of Pinot Noir - Windward @ Paso Robles, CA 2012 -
for his sake...

For some reason I feel better...
I've had their Monopole 2012 Pinot Noir. Loved the Cranberry, pomegranate, deep brown spice notes.

The wife who doesn't like reds actually liked this (with an ice cube) :rage 1

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter