• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

IRS experiencing computer failure, report says

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
IRS experiencing computer failure, report says

CNBC

Jacob Pramuk 12 hrs ago

BBp61uV.img
© Provided by CNBC Computer failures hit several U.S. Internal Revenue Service systems Wednesday in the midst of tax season, leaving the agency unable to accept some taxpayer returns, according to reports.

The scope of the system issue was not immediately clear, but the IRS called it a "hardware failure," according to Dow Jones. The IRS has started repairs and expects that some systems may remain unavailable until Thursday, Reuters said.

Taxpayers can still work on their returns but cannot submit them until the IRS can take them again. The agency still hopes to process 90 percent of refunds within three weeks of filing.

Most taxpayers must file their returns by April 18.

The IRS did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.

This story is developing. Please check back for further updates.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/irs-experiencing-computer-failure-report-says/ar-BBp5Jug

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I hope someone opened a ticket to the vendor

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I think these are systems that they manage themselves. We have acces to a team at the IRS to get tax return transcripts in conjunction with loan applications. It's a fraud protection measure--we can make sure the income listed on the application is consistent with what was reported to the IRS. In any case they called yesterday to tell us about the problem since it's also affect the systems used to process our orders. I didn't hear a lot of details though, so not sure how extensive the problem is or how long til fixed.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about... some politicians needed some evidence scrubbed...

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
From the the Op, "a hardware failure". Not software folks. What are they trying to hide?

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
From the the Op, "a hardware failure". Not software folks. What are they trying to hide?

Not sure, perhaps a relative of Lois Lerner is "looking into" the finances of those that for some reason cannot see the AWESOMENESS that is Hillary.

Hey we're nothing if not a nation run by the rule of law!

An investigation by the U.S. Department of JustUs and Federal Bureau of Corruption, completed in 2015, "found no evidence that any IRS official acted based on political, discriminatory, corrupt, or other inappropriate motives that would support a criminal prosecution."

Hey isn't it (s)election season?