• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Is Alcoholism a Disease or Genetic? Alcohol Abuse & Mental Health

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Stop Drinking Alcohol 74 - Smoking, Dysfunctional Mindset, and Binge Drinking
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Sep 15, 2014
http://alcoholmastery.com/stop-drinki...

In Stop Drinking Alcohol 74, I talk about should you quit smoking and drinking at the same time. I also answer a question from a young college student who wants some help and talk about the approaches to quitting if you’re drinking every day or binge drinking at the weekends.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
How to Quit Drinking Alcohol: Find a Way or Make a Way!
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Sep 18, 2017
How to Quit Drinking Alcohol: Find a Way or Make a Way!
http://alcoholmastery.com/how-to-quit...

At times, you might find that yourself stuck, with no seemingly logical way of moving forwards… No piece of advice or technique seems to hold the answer. You are blocked with nowhere to turn. What do you do?

It's at times like these where you just need to figure out enough to move yourself one step forwards in the right direction, however small that step is. Often, taking that initial step is enough to gain a little bit of height over your problem, to see things from a different perspective, enough to see the next step or two that you need to take. Don't forget, in order to make any of this work, you need to have a goal which you aiming towards, otherwise your steps are merely going to take you around circles.

Don't forget guys, if you like this video, please "Like", "Favourite", and"Share" it with your friends to show your support. It really helps us out! If there's something you'd like to see Me discussed on the show, let me know in the comments below… See you soon!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Podcast 17 - bad habits, bad symptoms, bad moderation, good triggers
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Sep 28, 2017
Podcast 17 - bad habits, bad symptoms, bad moderation, good triggers
http://alcoholmastery.com/session-17/

Podcast 17 starts off with some information about the new Mastermind Coaching Program. Then, I go on to talk about:
Mad product placement…
Taking things step-by-step…
Headache, chills, slight fever, body aches after a couple of days with no alcohol…
"Bad habit" of drinking versus the disease model…
How long does it take before your self image changes to match your actual behaviour?…
When do you stop thinking about yourself as a drinker?
Where does it all start?
Moderation… Again!
The positive side of drinking triggers!
Enjoy the podcast and if you have any questions that you would like to see featured on future podcasts, leave them in the comments section below the video.

Don't forget guys, if you like this video, please "Like", "Favourite", and"Share" it with your friends to show your support. It really helps us out! If there's something you'd like to see Me discussed on the show, let me know in the comments below… See you soon!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Podcast 18
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Oct 12, 2017
Podcast 18 - Physical Addiction, Triggering, No Hangovers, Fatty Liver
http://alcoholmastery.com/session-18/
Being disgusted with your past drinking…
The straitjacket sense of security that 12 step programs provide…
How long does it take you to get physically addicted?
Getting triggered by the good events in your life…
Thoughts about the genetics of those who don't get hangovers…
Why is alcohol legal while marijuana isn't?
How to say no when your best friends push you to have a drink…
Fatty liver with only drinking beer…
Taking just one drink to help yourself feeling better…

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Podcast 19 - Ketogenics, Relationship Cracks, Living Forever, Alcohol Poison
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Oct 26, 2017
Podcast 19 - Ketogenics, Relationship Cracks, Living Forever, Alcohol Poison
http://alcoholmastery.com/session-19/
In today's video, I talk about how my diet has evolved since I quit drinking. I also talk about ketogenic diets and their dangers. I look at how some relationships can suffer once you stop drinking. I answer a question about living longer than the sun and the stars, a comment from the website, and how the idea of quitting drinking is about living a more quality life than aiming for quantity… Although that is a distinct possibility as well. Finally, I look at alcohol poisoning compared to other poisons.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Alcohol is the cause/solution to ALL life's problems - HOMER.

But there is NO cure for ASSHOLEISM.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
How to Have Fun Without Drinking?
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Oct 23, 2017
How to Have Fun without Drinking?
http://alcoholmastery.com/how-to-have...
How to Have Fun When You Quit Drinking Alcohol is about just that, having fun, great fun, once you stop drinking. I drank for almost 35 years and it was a downward spiral which every part of my life was being sucked into. The only fun I had was when I was drinking, so I tried to drink as much as I could, as often as possible. There is no fun in that. There is no fun in getting so paralytic with alcohol that you don't know what's going on. There is no fun in having to drink alcohol to have fun. Now, thankfully, I'm back on track…

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
10 Surprising Things That Happened When I Quit Drinking Alcohol
alpha m.

Published on Jan 2, 2017

Alpha used to dip tobacco for 16 years. He was crazy addicted and ashamed. He decided to quit in 2010, and he knew he had to quit alcohol because it was a trigger to nicotine. He went from drinking 30 - 40 drinks a week to 10 drinks a year. He loves a bourbon every once in a while as well as wine at a nice dinner. He hasn't been drunk in a LONG time.

Ultimately, he has a better respect for alcohol. The moment he stopped tobacco and alcohol everything has exponentially and astronomically changed. All of the sudden, all of the cloudiness dissipated, and it felt incredible! His life is 1,000xs better in every aspect.

Changes for Alpha as a Result of Not Drinking

1. He stopped doing stupid things

2. He felt awesome every day when he woke up

3. His mind was so much clearer, and his senses were heightened

4. He became more creative due to not being clouded by a hang-over and not feeling good

5. His productivity sky-rocketed

6. He started making more money due to more focus & productivity (as well as not spending as much money as drinking is expensive!)

7. He looked better including his skin

8. Staying in shape was so much easier after quitting drinking (combine calories from alcohol with crappy food that typically goes along with drinking)

9. He was proud of himself rather than hating himself for being self-destructive

10. He is happier! All of the benefits to not drinking outweigh that beer / wine / bourbon. He wouldn't trade all the money in the world for all of this clarity and sobriety. It's remarkable.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
David Cassidy did not age well, had all types of substance abuse and alcohol problems. https://media2.s-nbcnews.com/i/news...2-170228_55fd1843317a6f00f76dcf3b784edac7.jpg

The apple didn't fall very fall from the tree, father was Jack Cassidy:

He was a chain smoking, womanizing, drug addicted, alcoholic yo-yo. Died when he set his bed on fire.

BTW Shirley Jones was a virgin when she came to Hollywood, met Jack who showed her the "ways of the world". Sad, she should have stayed in the country.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
It can be a main ingredient. Instant a-hole. Just add alcohol.
Now, now, now :(

Have you not heard that al-key-haul kills off the dying brain cells? Well it is true! I know cuz ever one in the bar is such a smart mo-fo when they are killing off those soon to be dead brain cells.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
You know I just do not understand why I am going to do what I am going to do BUT the title of this thread seems, seems sort of strange to me. Well actually the sub title that is.

I think it should read: Alcohol Health & Mental Abuse

IDK, maybe it's just me.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
What Happens To My Body If My Liver Isn't Working Properly
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Dec 1, 2017
What Happens To My Body If My Liver Isn't Working Properly
http://alcoholmastery.com/what-happen...
What happens to your body if your liver isn’t working properly? Seeing as the liver is one of the most important organs in your body, it’s vitally important that you look after it as best you can. His some of the things that can happen if your liver is not functioning properly.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
10 Things that Happen When You Stop Drinking Alcohol
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Dec 6, 2017
10 Things that Happen When You Stop Drinking Alcohol
Everyone worries about the symptoms and side effects of quitting drinking alcohol! It’s a fact! Why do we focus on that? What are some of the best things that happen? Stop putting a toxin into your body and there are going to be some good outcomes, right! Here are some of the impressive things that happened to me when I stopped drinking.
http://alcoholmastery.com/10-things-h...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
This is what 600 days of no booze looks like: Man, 27, who drank half a bottle of scotch a DAY shares dramatic transformation photos after going cold turkey - and says he's 'never felt better'
  • An alcoholic turned his life around the day he decided to become sober
  • John DeCaux, 27, has 'never felt better' 600 days after giving up alcohol
  • He has lost about 17 kilograms and is going to the gym three days a week
  • Mr DeCaux turned to excessive drinking to cope after he lost his brother

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5162169/Alcoholic-shares-photo-600-days-sobriety.html#ixzz50nOEr3oH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
How Do I Know If My Liver Has Been Damaged by Alcohol?
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Dec 13, 2017
How Do I Know If My Liver Has Been Damaged by Alcohol?
http://alcoholmastery.com
Today’s video is about understanding if your liver has been damaged by alcohol. If you think your liver has been damaged, the best first course of action is to visit your doctor and get yourself checked out.. It is the only way that you can be absolutely sure. Do not take your health into your own hands. I am not a doctor and this video does not constitute medical advice.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
What Happens When Alcohol Mixes With Medicine?
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Dec 13, 2017
A quick one on a rather obvious question...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
What Feelings Will You Experience When You Quit Drinking Alcohol? The No-Alcohol Life
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Dec 16, 2017
What Feelings Will You Experience When You Quit Drinking Alcohol? The No-Alcohol Life

This one was published yesterday but had the wrong video attach... I was having some brain farts at the time... Here's the proper video to go with the proper title :)

If you are considering quitting drinking alcohol over the festive season or in the new year, here's a video on what you can expect in terms of how your feeling in general will shape up once you don't have this toxin in your life any more.

This video is about what feelings you will experience when you quit drinking alcohol. Of course, everyone is different, so what I experienced might not be what you experience. But, if you let the positivity flow, your experience will be much more positive. You are getting rid of a toxin after all.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Should Alcohol Be Banned?
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Dec 16, 2017
Should Alcohol Be Banned?
This one is straightforward: should we ban alcohol?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Christmas and the New Year without Alcohol
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Dec 23, 2017
Here's a few tips on surviving the Christmas and the first days of the New Year without drinking alcohol.

Celebration is not about pushing as much alcohol down your throat as humanly possible and getting so drunk that you can't remember anything.

How is that celebration?

The alcohol companies have their marketing machines in full swing at this time of year. Alcohol is everywhere. Alcohol advertisers are everywhere. Alcohol discounts are everywhere.

And yet alcohol will cause chaos in so many homes over the holiday season. That is the hidden consequence when a nation gorges on an insidious and dangerous drug.

Good cheer is spread through people, through good company, good conversation, jokes and laughter, food and merriment, everyone having a good time because that is what should happen when people are together, they have fun. Together is a wonderful place to be. "Let's get together and feel all right" :-)

The alcohol marketing will try to convince you that you cannot have fun without this drug. Remember, you are the source of the fun, not the alcohol.

I wish you the very best Merry Christmas feeling. Imagine the start you are going to give yourself for the New Year if you can summon up the courage to go against the grain, against that the common herd.

Speak to you in the New Year… Have a good one… Onwards and upwards!

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Anyone worth their peppermint schnapps knows this ain't the time to quit drinking.

Wait until you are in a holding cell. That's a great time to quit.

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Wanna go back to being a backpacker 94-98. So much fun and serenity because I could not afford to drink..

SH

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
14 Things I’ve Learned From 5 Years Without Drinking Alcohol
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jan 4, 2018
14 Things I’ve Learned From 5 Years Without Drinking Alcohol
A couple of days ago, I celebrated five years in my new life, a life without alcohol. More importantly to me, alcohol mastery is five years old today. To mark the occasion, I made this post on 14 of the most important things that I've learned during those 5 years without alcohol. I hope you enjoy.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Should Alcohol Be Harder To Buy?
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jan 9, 2018
Should Alcohol Be Harder To Buy?
http://alcoholmastery.com/should-alco...
http://habitsunplugged.com

Today's video is about buying alcohol and should it be more difficult.

I'm not one for banning this substance. Even though, if alcohol were introduced today, it would unlikely get approval because of the serious damage that it does to the human body, and the damage that it is capable of doing to our society. I am all in favour of making it more difficult to purchase, especially for young people.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
How Does Alcohol Affect My Liver
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jan 12, 2018
How Does Alcohol Affect My Liver
http://alcoholmastery.com/how-does-al...

This is another video from the alcohol and your liver series. The liver is one of the most resilient organs in the human body. However, it's also one of the organs most affected by alcohol. This is because all alcohol must be metabolised through the liver. But how much does alcohol actually affect your liver?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Alcohol and Your Legacy - What Does Alcohol Give to Your Life?
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jan 15, 2018
http://alcoholmastery.com/alcohol-and...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
What To Do After Making A Drunken Fool Of Yourself?
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jan 18, 2018
What To Do After Making A Drunken Fool Of Yourself?
http://alcoholmastery.com/what-to-do-...

We've all done it at one time or another, made a stupid drunken fool of ourselves. What you do, how do you save face? What's the sequence of events to follow for damage limitation?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
It's Not Just About Quitting Alcohol Unless That’s All You Want
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Feb 28, 2018
It's Not Just About Quitting Alcohol Unless That’s All You Want
http://alcoholmastery.com/its-not-jus...

One of the most pertinent questions you can ask yourself when you are quitting drinking alcohol is why are you doing it? Is it just about stopping drinking alcohol?

We all start this journey from a specific place within our lives.

Look at your life like a timeline.

At the beginning of your personal timeline is your birth into this world. At the other end, your departure. There is one single spot along the timeline that represents where you are right now, the present moment. You cannot change where you are now, just as you cannot change your past. These things are fixed in stone. What you can change, however, is what happens next. You have no control over how long that future lasts. It could be another 70 years, it could be another 70 hours… There is no telling.

The average life expectancy for men and women in the United States is 76.4 and 81.2 years respectively. This compares with 78.6 and 83.4 for their European counterparts. Not really much of a difference. So, if you are male, living in the western world, you can expect to live into your mid to late 70s. For females, life expectancy is early to mid 80s. This is the average life expectancy.

Just because you have lived a certain way until now, indulged in detrimental lifestyles, it doesn't mean to say that you have to carry on doing these things.

Drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, eating a malnourished diet, and being a couch potato are all things that are completely within your control. You don't have to do these things. In fact, there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of scientific studies that have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that if you change these things, removing the bad and including the good in your lifestyle, you can increase your life span, but more importantly, you can increase the quality of life that you lead in your later years.

So, what is it that you are trying to achieve when you are quitting drinking alcohol? Are you including changes in these areas of your life?

What about other areas of your life?

Did you know that the leading cause of disability in the United States is major depressive disorder (MDD). MDD affects 16 million adults, or about 6.7% of the US population over 18. But, depression, anxiety, and stress affect many, many more people than this. The western world has quickly developed multiple drugs to combat the effects of depression. But not much is being done about the causes of this depression.

What causes depression? War, terrorism, politics, the economy, education, and so on and so on… These things are almost completely outside of our control.

There are many other things which are much closer to home causing us depression and anxiety and stress. The jobs we work in. How much money we have (or have not) in our bank accounts. Our mortgages. Our taxes. Our levels of education. Where we live. How we live.

Most of these things are in our control. We can become better educated. We can find better jobs, perhaps as a result of that better education. We can quit our jobs and become self-employed, again as a result of a better education. We can move to better houses, to better environments, out of the cities and into the countryside… Out of the countryside and into the cities (if that's your thing).

I hope you get where I'm coming from with this.

Look again at your timeline. The past is the past. The present is where you are, and you cannot change that any more than you can change your past. But you can alter your future. You can alter your future in terms of your health, your finances, your situation, your location, who you are, who you are with, what you do for a living, what you do for fun and pleasure, and the legacy that you leave behind. These are all things which are within your control.

I speak for myself when I say that quitting drinking alcohol was THE game changer in my life. It was the one thing which was not just holding me back, it was effectively destroying any hopes that I had for my future.

When I stopped drinking alcohol, it released me from the shackles that had been preventing me from moving forwards in a sustained way. Always one step forwards and two steps back.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Alcohol Deaths, Alcohol Consequences: Cirrhosis, Cancer, Heart Disease …If It Can Happen To Them…
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Mar 5, 2018
Alcohol Deaths, Alcohol Consequences: Cirrhosis, Cancer, Heart Disease …If It Can Happen To Them…
http://alcoholmastery.com/alcohol-dea...

We are all subject to certain biases in our lives. One of the most destructive is known as the optimism bias, it won't happen to me. This is a belief that we, as individuals, will only see positive outcomes to the things that we do to ourselves.

When we smoke, we will experience the quick high from the nicotine, and very few of the negative outcomes. Maybe we'll get a bit of the smokers cough in the morning, but hey, we can handle that. We won't get emphysema, CPD, or lung cancer. "It will never happen to me".

When we use alcohol, we'll be able to enjoy a kick from that first drink, but we won't ever get the negative outcomes. They are for somebody else. We may have the hangovers that seem to be getting worse, even a pain in our sides, but we'll never get alcoholic cardiomyopathy, Korsakoff's syndrome, or cirrhosis of the liver. "It will never happen to me".

The negative impact of all these things will happen to other people, never to us.

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic. Winston Churchill once said, "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." It's a good way of going about your life. Positive people will experience many more positive outcomes than negative people. Positive people have positive expectations about themselves and about life, and mostly, this type of thinking can help create those positive expectations.

Advertisers for alcohol play up to this optimism bias, that we all have to a certain degree. We see the fun and laughter in the adverts. We see ourselves drinking a dry martini next to a beautiful woman or a handsome James Bond type. The more the marketers pummel us with these positive spin alcohol ads, the more deep-rooted the propaganda becomes. "It will never happen to me".

But, there also comes a time to face up to reality. We live in a world where fakery is pushed down our throats 24/7. How many thousands of adverts are fired at you every single day? They all promise something. A road to happiness and contentment. The woman or man of your dreams. Untold riches. Health in a pill. Relaxation in a bottle.

The reality is that 3,500,000 people die every single year because of alcohol… And those are just the ones that can be proven to have died as a consequence of alcohol. Over 200 medical conditions are caused because of alcohol drinking. "It will never happen to me".

How many people spend their hard earned money with the belief that handing over their hard earned cash in exchange for a piece of paper with some randomly chosen numbers, will give them a realistic chance of winning millions on the lottery? Yet, a huge part of the population do this. They believe in this positive outcome. In fact, your chances of winning the Powerball grand prize in the US lottery are a phenomenally low 1 in 292.2 million.

What are your chances of causing one of the 200+ medical conditions that might happen to you because you drink alcohol? What are the chances, if you heavily drink alcohol, that you will die prematurely, and that your alcohol drinking behaviour will have played a part in your premature death? "It will never happen to me".

The fact is, it can happen to you. Drinking alcohol has an immediate effect on your body and your mind. As soon as you drink it, it increases the risk of many of these harmful health conditions. It's unavoidable.

When I was using alcohol, I really believed that alcohol drinking would be with me for the rest of my life. I believed it was a part of me, part of my life, a core part of who I was. Imagine having that as one of your "values"! "I'm an alcohol drinker and proud of it!" I carried that around with me for many years and it cost me dearly.

Fortunately, through whatever positive thoughts happened to me at that time, my eyes began to open to the tragedy that had been unfolding in my life. I still succumb to that optimism bias. I think it's inevitable if you are an optimistic type of person. However, I'm no longer under the delusion that I have no control over how this optimism plays out, or how much of a negative influence it can impose, even while maintaining my optimistic outlook.

An optimism bias is a good thing to have. It can drive you forward. It can set you up on a permanent road of achievement. But you also have to open your eyes to the possibility that it can happen to you. Examine what you're doing, particularly to yourself. By all means, maintain your optimism bias, but use it like a sprinkling of salt over your main meal of "reality".

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
What Really Happens To Your Body When You Stop Drinking Alcohol?
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Mar 8, 2018
What Really Happens To Your Body When You Stop Drinking Alcohol?
http://alcoholmastery.com/what-really...

The short-term effects are the ones that people are looking for the most. Think about it. One of the biggest reasons why people stop drinking is because they are going through a certain amount of pain.

That pain could be physical or psychological.

The pain can be caused because you feel that your life is wasting away and you are the primary cause. The pain might be caused because somebody close to you is fed up with the way you are behaving.
Maybe you have been caught drinking and driving.

A DUI will cause a lot of pain. I was stopped just before Christmas about 10 years ago. I was over the limit, taken to court, and banned for a year with a €600 fine. It was one of the most embarrassing times of my life. It forced me to stop and think about what I was doing to myself. I quit drinking and managed 10 months. By that time, I was close to getting my licence back and the pain of losing it had worn off. I never got behind the wheel of a car again while under the influence. In fact, we moved closer to town so that I could walk home from the pub, regardless of what state I was in. I'd learned one thing, but there was so much else that I had to learn.

I did feel great during those 10 months. I got a new lease on life. I did so much in that time. And it was only because I hadn't firmly put myself in the position where I was never going to drink again. I was taking a year off, after which I would carry on with what I was doing before.

The point is, the pain that you had before you stop drinking, that will push you so far. But you'll find that after a few months, that pain will disappear into your past. You won't be feeling the physical effects of alcohol any more, unless you've done some more longer term damage, which is unlikely for most people. Because your behaviour is not being influenced by alcohol, you will become a different person, much more steady and relatable person, and other people will see that. So if the pain is coming from outside of yourself, that is likely to diminish as well.

Five years ago, when I quit for good, I had a different frame of mind. I knew I was going to quit for good. For good meant for good. And I got the same short-term relief. No more hangover. Thinking clear. No more drunken embarrassments. More money in my pocket. Better sleep. I could carry on with this list right down this page. But, you get where I'm coming from. Quitting drinking alcohol will give you an immediate boost. It will make you feel physically better. It will make you feel mentally better.

But the real benefits happen in the longer term. Your mindset changes. You know longer look at alcohol as a part of your life. It becomes a part of your past. Some people say that the habit remains. If it does, it's in such a small state that you don't notice it.

But all of this happens only if you move your mind away from alcohol. If you keep thinking that you are missing out on something, if you think that you are being denied a pleasure which other people can have and you cannot, for whatever reason, you will always be chained to your past alcohol behaviour. Maybe you will never drink again, but it won't be far from your thoughts.

What happens to your body once you quit drinking alcohol is really important, but it only plays second fiddle to the changes that happen in your mind. These are the changes which will drive you forwards. These are the changes which will help you to map out a much more positive version of yourself and a much more positive version of your life.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Why Should I Quit Smoking and Drinking?
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Mar 21, 2018
Why Should I Quit Smoking and Drinking?
http://alcoholmastery.com/why-should-...

I started smoking when I was 12. I stopped when I was in my early 40s. So, all in all, I smoked for over 30 years. Roughly around the same amount of time I drank.

The difference between smoking and drinking for me was that I always knew smoking was bad for me. From the time that I realised I was deep into the smoking habit, in my late teens and early 20s, I tried to quit. It's no exaggeration to say that I tried well over 100 times. On some occasions I would last two or three months, on others I would be lucky to last a single day.

When I look back at my own smoking past, I see only foolish reasons for starting or continuing. I wanted to look tough. I wanted to feel grown up. I gave no thought to the implications of what I was doing to myself, other than the very shallow motivations of youth. You tell yourself that quitting is going to be easy. Then, when you do try to quit, you realise that it's not as easy as you thought.

It took me much more time to realise how much damage, and how foolish, my alcohol drinking behaviour had become, or always was. Our society is getting to the stage where smoking is not being tolerated anywhere. It's still seen as something "cool" to do, but only in the youth, those children who are in the endless cycle of peer pressure and image. To anyone else, it's a curse.

So it is with alcohol. Yet most people do not realise the damage that is being caused. Of course we all understand the swollen liver, the scarred liver, the cirrhotic liver. We understand that alcohol, taken in excess, can cause physical damage. We understand that drinking alcohol in excess can lead to an early death. But not many people understand the damage to life itself, to the opportunities that is possible to get from life.

I didn't understand this until I stopped. I had to stop. I was forced to stop by my own morals. But I never realised exactly how much my drinking alcohol behaviour had stolen from me over the years. As I said, it's easy to judge by the physical damage, even the psychological damage to a certain extent. But how can we ever know the opportunity cost? How can we ever know what might have been?

It's a moot point! Drinking alcohol or not drinking alcohol presents opportunity costs. The habit of drinking alcohol, however, is much more insidious in terms of opportunities lost. Not only do you lose out on opportunities while you are drinking alcohol, and in your poisoned hangover state, you also lose out on opportunities for days afterwards, perhaps weeks.

Nobody knows how long the damage lasts after you've had a drinking session. Nobody knows how much damage is caused by an alcohol drinking session. The only way to judge is in a personal before and after comparison.

How did you feel while you were drinking alcohol?

How did you feel in general as an alcohol drinker?

How do you feel now that you don't drink alcohol?

Personally, it's like night and day. I cannot tell you how many opportunities have presented themselves since I stopped drinking. More importantly, I've been present in my mind and capable of seeing the opportunities chasing after many more of them. Not only chasing after them, succeeding in taking advantage of those opportunities.

You might not think so, but smoking has the same general effect. Cigarette smoke not only affects the lungs. The toxins are carried throughout the system. The poison is transported into every nook and cranny of your body. Your brain is affected. Once your brain is affected enough, as it is with a long-term smoker, your thoughts are infected. Your actions are infected. Again, your opportunity costs are high.

Why should you quit smoking and drinking?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
How To Stop Binge Drinking
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Mar 23, 2018
How Can I Stop Binge Drinking?
Here's a quick one for today. It's the question, how do I stop binge drinking?
http://alcoholmastery.com/how-can-i-s...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
5 Effects Of Alcohol That Destroy Your Relationships
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Mar 27, 2018
5 Effects of Alcohol That Destroy Your Relationships
http://alcoholmastery.com/5-effects-o...

Some people expect that they will find someone in their lives that will make all the pieces of the puzzle fit. A symphony orchestra will play music wherever you go, those will scatter every time you walk down the street, and you will live happily ever after.

Sometimes life is messy. Relationships can also be very messy. Getting into relationships can be messy. Maintaining relationships can be messy. However, add into that a toxic chemical and the mess load goes into overdrive.
This video is about some of the messes that can be caused by alcohol in our relationships, those relationships which we rely on for our sanity and our social glue.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
5 Healthy Tips For Tapering Off Alcohol
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Mar 29, 2018
5 Healthy Tips for Tapering Off Alcohol
http://alcoholmastery.com/8-healthy-t...

Stepping across that line and quitting alcohol cold turkey can be difficult. I always recommend that in the preparation stage, between two weeks and the month before you stop drinking, that you gradually reduce the amount of alcohol that you are drinking. This is known as tapering.

Alcohol works just as well as benzodiazepines for detoxing off alcohol. A lot of people don't want to go to the AA, or medical detox, for many different reasons. For one, they don't want it on their medical records.

This video offers you a few tips on how you can safely taper your alcohol intake over the preparation stage.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Why Did You Quit Drinking Alcohol?
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 4, 2018
Why Did You Quit Drinking Alcohol?
http://alcoholmastery.com/why-did-you...

Have you quit drinking alcohol yet?

If you have, why did you do it?

If you haven't, why not? What's holding you back?

We all have our reasons to quit. If you're like me, you have a hundred different reasons to quit. It might be that one big, or small, reason which pushed you over the edge, the proverbial straw that broke the camels back, but there are many, many other reasons why you have finally taken that decision.

Despite what we like to tell ourselves about the "benefits" of drinking alcohol, benefits to our health, benefits to our social life, benefits to our relaxation, and so on, alcohol is a toxin, a neurotoxin, and it is a drug with insidious and far-reaching consequences to those who consistently use it, pouring it into their bodies, day after day.

Whatever reason, or reasons, that you have or had for quitting drinking alcohol, it's essential that you keep these in mind. Six months down the line, when the pain that you had has all but disappeared, your reasons for quitting drinking should still have an influence on you.

One of the things I recommend is creating a video of yourself before you quit, or in the early days, explaining to yourself, in as much detail as possible, why you are quitting. This gives you an easy reference to look back upon if you are getting doubts about your decision or your new journey, whether this is six weeks, six months, or six years down the line.

I always look back at my first video on YouTube, recorded in January 2012. You can see it here: http://alcoholmastery.com/welcome-to-....

I don't need to listen to myself, all I have to do is look at myself. This was recorded just a few days after I'd stopped. I was still in the mind of a drinker. I was determined never to drink again, but my experiences of not drinking alcohol were very slim.

So ask yourself, why is it that you want to stop. List all your reasons, as many as you can think of. Write them down. Now, make a video of yourself and talk about these reasons. Talk about how they are or have affected you and your life and the people around you. It's one of the best things that you will ever do for yourself.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
5 Life Altering Changes That Happen After You Stop Drinking Alcohol
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 17, 2018
5 Life Altering Changes That Happen After You Stop Drinking Alcohol
If you want to see 3 More Life Altering Changes That Happen After You Stop Drinking Alcohol, click on this link:
http://alcoholmastery.com/8-life-alte...

There are absolutely loads of changes that will happen to you and to your life once you stop drinking alcohol. Many of them will be life changing.

One of the thoughts that you will have once you stop drinking will be why didn’t they do this sooner. I’ve asked myself that question so many times. It’s really irrelevant because you can only work from where you are. It’s impossible to go back and start at a date previous to when you did start. If you haven’t started, you can’t go back to yesterday, for instance. You have to start today. You can start tomorrow, but you’re probably going to ask yourself why didn’t they start yesterday.

All habit change is tough. Some habits are tougher to change than others, granted, but in order to change you have to go through the bit of negativity. But once you push through that wall, usually only minor discomfort, you will find that your life has improved dramatically.

There are two videos on the website giving you 8 life altering changes that happen when you stop drinking alcohol.

Enjoy :-)

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
3 More Life Altering Changes That Happen
AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 17, 2018
3 Life Altering Changes That Happen After You Stop Drinking Alcohol
If you want to see 5 More Life Altering Changes That Happen After You Stop Drinking Alcohol, click on this link:
http://alcoholmastery.com/8-life-alte...

There are absolutely loads of changes that will happen to you and to your life once you stop drinking alcohol. Many of them will be life changing.

One of the thoughts that you will have once you stop drinking will be why didn’t they do this sooner. I’ve asked myself that question so many times. It’s really irrelevant because you can only work from where you are. It’s impossible to go back and start at a date previous to when you did start. If you haven’t started, you can’t go back to yesterday, for instance. You have to start today. You can start tomorrow, but you’re probably going to ask yourself why didn’t they start yesterday.

All habit change is tough. Some habits are tougher to change than others, granted, but in order to change you have to go through the bit of negativity. But once you push through that wall, usually only minor discomfort, you will find that your life has improved dramatically.

There are two videos on the website giving you 8 life altering changes that happen when you stop drinking alcohol.

Enjoy :-)