• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Is gold legal in every country?

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Or, does any country tax gold at exorbitant, prohibitory rates?
Or fix the price at an unreal #?
I looked up Venezuela, as far as I can tell, it is legal there.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
It should never be lawful to ban or prosecute anyone from possessing gold and/or silver.

R.

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Or, does any country tax gold at exorbitant, prohibitory rates?
Or fix the price at an unreal #?
I looked up Venezuela, as far as I can tell, it is legal there.
Yeah.

But, when a member of the State Goon Squad, stops you, impounds your baggage, and seizes your gold...who ya gonna call?

Totalitarian states give NO freedoms, respect NO rights. All you have is luck and maybe the favor, momentarily, of government.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
In poor places, there is not a lot of gold held by individuals there (India and China are both exceptions). What is held by individuals is usually hidden because legal or not, they don't trust their govt usually - post above already spoke to this. Most govts are not able to do extensive house to house searches, so this works unless in a war-torn area.

I don't know about what used to be Bhurma or what the laws are in NK, it may be illegal in NK and they do have the means to take it from their population.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It is impossible to lose virginity twice.

Roosevelt and his pen raped the entire citizenry of this country. People who saw government differently than they do now dutifully followed orders. In 1933, people's mindset was such that they even considered being on any sort of welfare as semi-shameful. So they turned in their gold for good, "gold backed" dollars.

Today, there are no virgins. Unlike 1933, there are stackers that know the cruddy history of the dollar DE-valuation trick Roosevelt pulled after the virgins lined up and bent over for their paper.

There are stackers that have seen the franc, peso, pengoe, bolivar, yada go tits up and become valueless.

There are stackers that have seen $100-peso bills turned into new $10 bills and the $100 bills then outlawed with criminal penalties if used.

Those who have PM's in 2020 have no faith whatsoever in the US fiat crater wherein governments owe somebody? about the same amount that the whole earth is worth.

Try telling all those folks that you must take little pieces of paper that they printed. No. Wait. You won't even get pieces of paper for your gold!! You will get a sparkly little bunch of dots in a computer assigned to your name... A bunch of dots owned and controlled by the gummint.

Ain't gonna happen. At all.

Prove me wrong.

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
It is impossible to lose virginity twice.

Roosevelt and his pen raped the entire citizenry of this country. People who saw government differently than they do now dutifully followed orders. In 1933, people's mindset was such that they even considered being on any sort of welfare as semi-shameful. So they turned in their gold for good, "gold backed" dollars.

Today, there are no virgins. Unlike 1933, there are stackers that know the cruddy history of the dollar DE-valuation trick Roosevelt pulled after the virgins lined up and bent over for their paper.

There are stackers that have seen the franc, peso, pengoe, bolivar, yada go tits up and become valueless.

There are stackers that have seen $100-peso bills turned into new $10 bills and the $100 bills then outlawed with criminal penalties if used.

Those who have PM's in 2020 have no faith whatsoever in the US fiat crater wherein governments owe somebody? about the same amount that the whole earth is worth.

Try telling all those folks that you must take little pieces of paper that they printed. No. Wait. You won't even get pieces of paper for your gold!! You will get a sparkly little bunch of dots in a computer assigned to your name... A bunch of dots owned and controlled by the gummint.

Ain't gonna happen. At all.

Prove me wrong.
It's simple, Walt.

No one is losing their virginity twice. It's the grandkids who are getting probed at their waste-gates - this, after a post-1985 runup of the economy, convinced everyone that dollars were the place to be. Because, of course, investment gave the miracle of compound interest.

Well, the party's not only over...the tenants have moved out and the landlord abandoned the building. But some don't listen, still...over on Zerohedge, one of their linked surveys shows that a large number of sheeple wish they'd saved more for emergencies.

Yeah. Wish in one hand; crap in the other; see which hand fills up first. But, unremarked and unnoticed by the sheeple, is that saving money (fiat) is now a suckers' game.

They're not seeing it. And they don't want to see it. If a sudden crisis sends demand for gold up...it will be momentary. Because, the masses now not only want the right to their own opinions - they insist on their own facts, their own reality.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
It is impossible ....

Prove me wrong.
N. Korea

They are the blueprint. They are the model society. We're not there yet, but TPTB have been at this in force for hundreds of years. Getting there is all that matters for them. How long it takes is of no concern. They are only concerned with winning, which is why they have plans A thru Z and are always 7 steps ahead. This is not a chess game with a move timer, they have all the time they need.

In addition to that, that have an excellent propaganda machine and most of the world is brain washed into it 100% and have been that way for decades. The power of propaganda is much greater than most anyone realizes.

They will not tell you they are coming for your gold. They won't need to write any laws or tell you anything when that day comes.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Won't happen.

N. Korea <-- There ain't one gun or crossbow to be found outside military arms lockers anywhere in that country. That really ain't a country; it is a duchy. A gummint that is run by one dude, and what he says is law -- even retroactively.

No comparison. I am not particularly special, but I could arm 15-20 people. There's fifty million Unca's out there. Especially now that the nigger in the White House has caused the damage he has.

N. Korea = 0.0% of Norks own guns.

America = YIKES -- there are 400 MILLION guns in the US.

https://www.thoughtco.com/gun-owners-percentage-of-state-populations-3325153

Take note you have to be in a fargin country that is ALWAYS at war (Yemen) before you find a populace that has the closest density to the US in gun ownership. And in Yemen, even they don't come up to half the US belt line. And that is just density, not total number.

"There are more guns in the hands of civilians in America than there are in all the armies of the world combined."

1593112712079.png

1593113070082.png

Last edited:

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Ammo starts to run out pretty quickly in a SHTF event and the ability to buy more is being removed as we speak.

I didn't say confiscation of your wealth would be the only or even the first thing they do. It can be a slow road, they have the drones but don't really need to use them yet. Things are going to plan without firing a shot. When the shooting does begin, whoever you may want to point at, the ones in charge won't be in your range.... you would need an ICBM and even then, where would you point it?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
FM, you are reasoning like the MILITARY is composed of nazi zombie robots. It is not. It is a volunteer force of patriots.

You are thinking that the millions of American men and women (trained), armed with M-14's, 16's AK's, SKS's, .50 cal Barretts, etc. would somehow be ineffective against a rogue political arm of the government -- with no option for all those millions except to cower in a corner until they come to get you.

Really? Shit then, how did we get thrown the fuck out of the S.E. Asia Games? Hm? We used Agent Orange, B-52 Rolling Thunder, Puff the Magic Dragon and the whole fargin army and air force... Up against those AK's and SKS's.

Americans today have orders of magnitude more weaponry than the VC did. Orders of magnitude. Like 1000:1

There are several guys here who have been in the grass.

Just picture the first two of the Emperor's Storm Troopers going through each one of the 50 million doors. Frankly, if the Progs were ever that stupid, they'd be wiped the fuck off the face of the earth by guys like me and others of the same stripe here -- and all across the country. At every crossroad, gin mill, house, barn and subway station.

It'd be like trying to fuck a porkypine.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
FM, you are reasoning like the MILITARY is composed of na....
The US military is way down the list of worries. TPTB will have many tools at their disposal, think silent and high tech, bio, nuclear and more. But by the time we reach that date, you and I probably won't be here. Anyway, you give them way too much credit and the drone operators can be set up so they can't tell the difference when they are looking at a simulation or a real operation. If they can knock down 3 extremely strong and large hardened steel structure with just two flying objects then in a few years or decades, just imagine what they can do?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You need me to take care of ya.

If/when TSHTF, come on down to Chateau Sneakydicker... we'll kick some ass.