• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Is the Extreme High in the Gold/Silver Ratio Setting Up For an Extreme Reversal?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GSR 113.4 Generic Rounds 90.9 at $19.05 Silver Eagles 68.4 at $25.31

These are the rough ratios in the physical Silver market right now. Now add the premiums a dealer will trade you for and the ratio gets much lower. Playing the GSR is much harder than I thought. I guess I would have to play the paper market. The GSR would have to stabilize for awhile (6 months or more) to really get the most out of a trade of an ounce of gold for a lot of silver.
The GSR would not be as wide as it is today if their was no paper market on PMs.
One expert claims there is 1,000 Paper Contracts per every ONE ounce of physical gold.
Silver derivatives on the other hand are estimated to be only 250 paper contracts to each physical ounce of the metal.

If a Reset /Jubilee occurs worldwide the GSR would / could return to historic levels. IMO, YMMV, DYODD

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
GSR is about 104.8/1 as of this post.

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker
The GSR would not be as wide as it is today if their was no paper market on PMs.
One expert claims there is 1,000 Paper Contracts per every ONE ounce of physical gold.
Silver derivatives on the other hand are estimated to be only 250 paper contracts to each physical ounce of the metal.
Surely this implies that the gold price is artificially lowered to a greater extent than silver?

If a Reset /Jubilee occurs worldwide the GSR would / could return to historic levels. IMO, YMMV, DYODD
Based on what you just said, I rather think this implies that the GSR would go even higher - no?

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What is the purpose of a paper market for metals? Manipulation?
When did that market start?
Seems all it is used for is to hide the value of what was once considered "money" a long time ago......... Soon digits will replace fiat. What gives them any value?
Does any form of currency even have a true value if it is not anchored to something tangible?
If digits become the norm it seems it will soon morph into a one world curency in a short time.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Just read an article about BOA betting on $3000 gold. If that's true and the G:S ratio closes significantly, get ready for a ride.