• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Is Trump A Good Guy? Bad Guy? Political Genius? A Nut?

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
He will do what he can............. but I'm sure he knows with just one tweet we can drain the swamp....... 3 weeks tops. The message needs sent to everyone.
??????????????????

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
CNN’s Kirsten Powers on Trump: ‘Is He Lying or Does He Have a Distorted Reality?’
NN

Published on Aug 2, 2017
Earlier this week, President Donald Trump made some easily verifiable claims about phone calls he had received that were quickly refuted. He noted that the head of the Boy Scouts had phoned him to say that his speech was the greatest one ever given to the Boy Scouts, only for the organization to push back and deny the call was made. Additionally, Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto has denied calling POTUS about border policy after Trump stated that Pena Nieto recently phoned him to offer praise.

During a CNN panel discussion this morning, CNN political analyst Kirsten Powers remarked that these claims made by the president actually raise questions about whether he lives in an alternate reality as opposed to him telling deliberate lies.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
CNN panel discussion this morning, CNN political analyst Kirsten Powers
Propaganda by idiots that have not accepted the results of the election.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
GIANFICARO: With Trump, the truth lies elsewhere

Donald Trump supporters, indulge me for a moment. Lift your hands to your face and rub your fingertips across your eyes. Go ahead, I'll wait. OK. Feel that?

It's wool.

Your guy is an unmitigated fraud, and you bought it hook, line and stinker. No connection with the Russians. Congratulatory phone calls from the Boy Scouts of America and Mexico's president. Consulting generals before issuing a military transgender ban. Having no part in drafting a misleading account of Trump Jr.'s meeting with Russia. Obama was born abroad. He didn't mock or even know that disabled reporter. His hair is real. All of them lies. Those and so many more from the mouth of Donnochio.

According to a post on the Mother Jones website, since Trump's inauguration, The New York Times has kept a running tally of his lies. The finding: A whopping 69 percent of the time, his statements are false, mostly false or "pants on fire." The point has been reached where even Trump's most zealous and dedicated backers must surely be having second thoughts, despite their distaste for the left. I know it's hard to swallow; the truth sometimes is. You voted him into the largest political pool only to find your guy can't swim.

Trump also continues writing checks his posterior can't cash. Repeal Obamacare? Nope. The Mexico-funded border wall? Nope. Eliminate Common Core? Nope. Build a safe zone for Syrian refugees? Nope. Drain the swamp? Nope. Eventually release his tax returns? Nope. Divest himself from his financial empire? Nope. His office was bugged by President Obama? Nope. His family won't have formal roles in his administration? Nope. Rhymes with ... and I don't mean hope.

After repeatedly frying Trump in a skillet, and receiving plenty of hate mail and phone calls from his supporters for it, I've not written about him for many weeks. I decided to wait and watch awhile, hoping for a turnaround for the good of America, hoping things would change, hoping he would change.

Here's what I've learned in the interim: Don't go to Buffalo and expect it not to snow. The transcripts of Trump's separate and contentious telephone conversations in January with President Enrique Peña Nieto of Mexico and Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull of Australia were published by The Washington Post last week. Guess what? Your guy basically admitted, and only a week after Inauguration Day, that Mexico paying for the wall was never a reality. Your guy whiffed in getting Nieto to agree they both lie publicly by stating, "We will work it out," as opposed to both saying neither will pay for the wall. It is Trump desperately attempting to save face. Trump supporters, how do you feel that wool and not open your eyes to reality?

Was the American political system in need of some degree of change? Something as minor as a new set of tires? Something as major as an engine overhaul? I suppose that depends on whether the left or right is doing the asking. But was it necessary to rush out blindly and plunk your cash on a clunker with a busted muffler just to change the ride? There were better ways to get America moving.

This president is either too ill or ill-equipped to govern effectively. I'm leaning mostly on the former. So, too, do others who are experts in the field of mental illness who have identified Trump as having malignant narcissism. Otto Kernberg, a psychoanalyst at Weill Cornell Medical College who specializes in borderline personalities, defines malignant narcissism as having four components: narcissism, paranoia, antisocial personality and sadism. Trump exhibits all four.

More than six months into his presidency, his campaign rhetoric repeatedly crashes into the oak tree that is often political reality. When the pages of history are turned to Donald Trump's presidency, he'll be viewed much like the mullet and sagging pants: America, what in the name of decency were you thinking? What's more, why weren't you thinking?

The phone conversation transcripts leaked this week have established once and for all — and despite how Trump may subsequently attempt to spin it — that Mexico is not paying for a border wall.

In Trump's America, we, too, may not pay for a wall.

But we are paying dearly.

Enjoying our content? Become a Bucks County Courier Times subscriber to support stories like these. Get full access to our signature journalism for just 44 cents a day.

Phil Gianficaro: 215-345-3078; email: pgianficaro@calkins.com; Twitter: @philgianficaro

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....b7-9e96-be4b96f211ef.html?hp=mid-threestories

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
What do we do if Trump really is insane?
  • By DANA MILBANK
  • Aug 7, 2017 Updated 20 min ago

Maybe I'm doing this all wrong.

For five years, I've been identifying Donald Trump, now president of the United States, as a nutter. I've called him crazy, daft, a madman, barking mad and mad as a March hare, and I've "diagnosed" him -- I'm not a mental-health professional and have never examined the president -- with narcissistic personality disorder and more. To that list, I feel compelled to add a few more technical observations: He also seems off his rocker, 'round the bend and a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

The belief that the commander in chief is barmy has become commonplace. Just last week two prominent senators, Jack Reed, D-Rhode Island, and Susan Collins, Maine, were caught on a hot mic discussing Trump.

"I think he's crazy," Reed said. "I mean, I don't say that lightly and as a kind of a goofy guy."

"I'm worried," Collins replied.

Now I'm worried, too. If the president really is -- gulp -- insane in the clinical sense and not just in the goofy sense, then perhaps we shouldn't be ridiculing him. Maybe I, and other critics, should approach him calmly, speak in hushed tones and treat him with compassion.

For advice, I turned to the recognized authority on such matters, the Internet. It turns out that, when it comes to best practices for dealing with serious mental disorders, I'm doing a lot of the "don'ts" with Trump but not the things I should be doing.

Don't use sarcasm. Avoid humor. Don't criticize, accuse or blame. Avoid sounding patronizing or condescending. Don't assume they are not smart. Be respectful. Be aware that the delusions they may experience are their reality. Stay calm. Minimize distractions. Turn off the TV. Simplify -- one topic at a time. Stick to present issues. Acknowledge what the other person says and how they feel, even if you don't agree.

All good advice, no doubt. Certainly, our patient would benefit from turning off the TV and minimizing distractions. He does much better when issues are simplified. He reacts poorly to criticism and accusation. And, unnervingly, he seems to believe the many false things he says.

But what works with troubled friends or family members doesn't work quite so well when dealing with world's most powerful man. You can't just smile reassuringly when he tells you millions of people voted illegally in the election but he has no evidence that Russia interfered.

Both Reed and Collins have, quite rationally, softened their hot-mic conversation about Trump's irrationality. A Collins spokeswoman said that the senator's worry about Trump was a reference referring to his handling of the budget. Reed, in an interview, told me he thinks Trump's troubles are more the result of experience than any neuropathology.

We're seeing "somebody who has operated basically his whole life without anybody to check him," with no concept of the "highly structured governmental sphere with checks and balances and legal restraints in terms of who does what," Reed said.

Trump, he said, has a "moment-to-moment" way of thinking, without an orderly, long-term strategy. When it comes to strategic thinking, "it's difficult to discern who's doing that," said Reed, an Army veteran and top Democrat on the Armed Services Committee, who -- incredibly -- Trump has not once consulted.

Reed said he was encouraged that Trump has delegated, somewhat more than previous presidents, to figures such as Jim Mattis at the Pentagon and the commanders. He also sees growing willingness in Congress to defy the president on matters ranging from Russia sanctions to the budget.

That is encouraging, but it's insufficient. Consider the list of irrational actions coming from the White House over the past week alone:

• Trump's new and now former communications director alleged that the president's top strategist attempts an anatomically improbable sex act to himself, called White House chief of staff Reince Priebus a paranoid schizophrenic and accused him of a felony. Priebus, one of Trump's only tethers to mainstream Republicans, quits.

• Trump attacked Republican senators such as Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, whose votes he needed but failed to get on the GOP health-care bill, dealing it yet another defeat.

• Trump publicly attacked his own attorney general and threatened to fire his health and human services secretary.

• The Boy Scouts had to apologize after Trump gave a hyper-partisan speech to children.

• Trump caught the Pentagon by surprise when he announced he's kicking transgender people out of the military.

And he jokes about being chiseled into Mount Rushmore.

It all brings to mind one more piece of advice I found online for dealing with people with serious mental-health issues: It may be necessary to lower your expectations.

Enjoying our content? Become a Bucks County Courier Times subscriber to support stories like these. Get full access to our signature journalism for just 44 cents a day.

Dana Milbank writes this column for The Washington Post. Follow him on Twitter, @Milbank.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_bdac0de2-a176-5685-9b3f-fd0c26b7b9d2.html

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Milbank is a member of Skull and Bones. So much for that paper hanging son of a bitches credibility.

LoL, globalists are in a panic. Shit is no totally off the script, Trump never was "on the reservation" and ate popcorn when he saw the entire unedited Zapruder film.

Here is a clue, I didn't hire Trump to fix it. I hired Trump to rape all 3 holes of Watchingtown, leaving panties in the chandeliers on his way out of town.

Every liberal tear tastes like victory

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Milbank is a member of Skull and Bones. So much for that paper hanging son of a bitches credibility.

LoL, globalists are in a panic. Shit is no totally off the script, Trump never was "on the reservation" and ate popcorn when he saw the entire unedited Zapruder film.

Here is a clue, I didn't hire Trump to fix it. I hired Trump to rape all 3 holes of Watchingtown, leaving panties in the chandeliers on his way out of town.

Every liberal tear tastes like victory
Exactly. I voted for DT because I despise the D's and the R's, they 're all detestable. To me, he's an exterminator. I don't care if he's unpresidential, mean, crude and rude. I want him to screw with those undeserving, criminally-corrupt jackasses as much as humanly possible.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
How many hundreds of millions are being spent to campaign against Trump. What Trump really needs to do is get special prosecutors involved to look into the fraud during the last election on the part of the DNC, the media collusion, the bussing of voters to other states, ect. Then get special prosecutors looking into the hillary stuff. It's bizarre that none of that is happening.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
IMG_0676.JPG
How many hundreds of millions are being spent to campaign against Trump. What Trump really needs to do is get special prosecutors involved to look into the fraud during the last election on the part of the DNC, the media collusion, the bussing of voters to other states, ect. Then get special prosecutors looking into the hillary stuff. It's bizarre that none of that is happening.
Sessions is on it first he is going after the carnival circuit for fixing those claw machine games that cost innocent Americans thousands of dollars yearly. I once threw away thirty dollars trying to claw a zippo lighter back when i was just a little kid.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Senate leader Mitch McConnell 'has doubts whether Trump will finish his term as it's revealed they had a 'profane shouting match over Obamacare and Russia probe'
  • McConnell and Trump had a 'shouting match' on August 9, sources claim
  • They say Trump called to complain after the Obamacare repeal efforts failed
  • Trump also 'fumed about McConnell not protecting him from Russia probe'
  • McConnell has also been at loggerheads over Trump's attacks on GOP senators
  • Trump cheered on the 2018 primary rivals to those senators who question him
  • In private, McConnell has complained about Trump's understanding of politics
  • And he feels that the president doesn't even care enough to bother learning
  • He also wonders if Trump will be able to lead the GOP into the 2018 elections
  • McConnell is backing some of those attacked by Trump, including Jeff Flake

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4814840/Mitch-McConnell-wonders-Trump-complete-term.html#ixzz4qZH0w4Vw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
a nobody that voted present was given a nobel piece prize, didn't end any wars but tied the hands of troops & smiled while lying and carrying the NOW's water like a good negro should....... was fantastic & everything he touched was destroyed.
Someone with a plan goes in and the entire media, swamp do everything they possibly can to undermine and destroy him.

The curtain has been removed & it is clear what the problem is.

the_shootist

Molon Labe!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The left is going insane with frustration. Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do during his campaign. I wouldn't change a thing, except arrest Hillary and have Seal Team 6 grab the Kenyan and bring him back for trial.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
There's a method to his madness! Lindsey Graham says Trump's fights with Congress are a 'thought-out strategy' and 'there's nothing crazy about it'
  • Republican senator who has been on the receiving end of Trump's ire says president's slaps at Congress are part of a clear strategy
  • Graham won't say if it's a smart strategy, but there's 'nothing crazy about it'
  • The South Carolinian told radio host Hugh Hewitt that Trump is punching down at Congress, which has far lower approval ratings than his own
  • 'The Congress is very unpopular, particularly with the Republican base, so there's nothing unhinged about it'
  • Graham also said Trump should turn off cable TV news because the big three channels are echo chambers for specific political viewpoints, and don't matter

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4820570/Lindsey-Graham-Trump-s-Congress-fight-not-crazy.html#ixzz4qhs4GLx4

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Majority of U.S. voters fear Trump will drag country into international conflict by accident – and don't think his demeanor is presidential
  • 71 per cent surveyed for a George Washington University poll say 'Donald Trump's behavior is not what I expect from a president'
  • 66 per cent believe his 'words and actions could get us accidentally involved in an international conflict'
  • Trump's overall approval rating is 43 per cent
  • Most voters say he's keeping his capmaign promises despite pushback from 'Washington elites'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4821498/Voters-fear-Trump-accidentally-U-S-war.html#ixzz4qilgfKUU

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Just listened to a "town call" for a potential governor race...... almost all callers supported Trump, flat outspoken pissed at Washington & fake news. obamacare, one lady said it's cheaper to pay the fine, pay cash to get a hugely discounted price and if they need a bunch of health care they will sign up then. Cut off funding to sanctuary city's. Then the usual ones that think roads are the biggest problem we have.

I asked if he would get a consortium of states and stop sending money to Washington except for the military.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump ramps up his war of words on Mitch McConnell with a new demand to change Senate rules
  • Trump has been battling Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell over the roadblocks one of his top campaign promises has faced
  • He tweeted yesterday that McConnell 'failed' to repeal Obamacare: 'That should NEVER have happened!'
  • He said it is 'the only problem I have' with the Republican leader, even though the two men have not spoken in weeks
  • Said Friday: 'If Senate Republicans don't get rid of the Filibuster Rule and go to a 51% majority, few bills will be passed. 8 Dems control the Senate!'
  • Trump also said this week that McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan rejected his plan to attach a debt limit increase to a Veterans bill
  • Said it would have been 'so easy' but 'they didn't do it'
  • On Tuesday, Trump threatened to shut down the government to fund border wall
  • Lawmakers bristling at his attacks on GOP senators, including McConnell

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4823000/Trump-pushes-McConnell-rid-filibuster.html#ixzz4qmLM4dhy

the_shootist

Molon Labe!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
You gotta love Trump's. This guy is relentlessly moving forward and he doesn't care who he pisses off. When have you ever seen a POTUS work this hard on anything (other than the Kenyan working to raise money for the DNC) ? Trump is crazy alright, crazy like a fox and the closer he gets to destroying them, the louder they scream that he's crazy!

More popcorn please??

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Goldwater sued for defamation and won

The Goldwater rule is the informal name given to Section 7 in the American Psychiatric Association's (APA) Principles of Medical Ethics,[1]which states it is unethical for psychiatrists to give a professional opinion about public figures they have not examined in person, and from whom they have not obtained consent to discuss their mental health in public statements.[2] It is named after presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.[3][4]

The issue arose in 1964 when Fact published the article "The Unconscious of a Conservative: A Special Issue on the Mind of Barry Goldwater".[3][5] The magazine polled psychiatrists about American Senator Barry Goldwater and whether he was fit to be president.[6][7]The editor, Ralph Ginzburg, was sued for libel in Goldwater v. Ginzburg where Goldwater won $75,000 (approximately $579,000 today) in damages.[3]

goldwater_rule.png

The original piece in Fact magazine that prompted the introduction
of the Goldwater rule. Likely costing Barry Goldwater a large number
of potential votes, this practice was later deemed unethical by the APA.

Rule
Section 7, which appeared in the first edition of the APA's Principles of Medical Ethics in 1973 and is still in effect as of 2017,[8] says:

On occasion psychiatrists are asked for an opinion about an individual who is in the light of public attention or who has disclosed information about himself/herself through public media. In such circumstances, a psychiatrist may share with the public his or her expertise about psychiatric issues in general. However, it is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorization for such a statement.[1]

American Psychological Association[edit]
The APA Ethics Code of the American Psychological Association, a different organization than the American Psychiatric Association, also supports a similar rule. In 2016, in response to the New York Times article "Should Therapists Analyze Presidential Candidates?", American Psychological Association President Susan H. McDaniel published a letter in The New York Times in which she stated:

Similar to the psychiatrists' Goldwater Rule, our code of ethics exhorts psychologists to "take precautions" that any statements they make to the media "are based on their professional knowledge, training or experience in accord with appropriate psychological literature and practice" and "do not indicate that a professional relationship has been established" with people in the public eye, including political candidates.

When providing opinions of psychological characteristics, psychologists must conduct an examination "adequate to support statements or conclusions." In other words, our ethical code states that psychologists should not offer a diagnosis in the media of a living public figure they have not examined.[9]

Regarding Donald Trump
(April 2017)

In 2016 and 2017, a number of psychiatrists and clinical psychologists faced criticism for violating the Goldwater rule, as they claimed that Donald Trump displayed "an assortment of personality problems, including grandiosity, a lack of empathy, and 'malignant narcissism'", and that he has a "dangerous mental illness", despite having never examined him.[10][11]

John Gartner, a practicing psychologist, is the leader of the group Duty to Warn. The group includes psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers. Gartner stated in April 2017 that: "We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump's dangerous mental illness."[12]

The American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA), a different organization from either APA, sent a letter on June 6, 2017, that highlighted differences between the APA and APsaA ethical guidelines, stating that "The American Psychiatric Association's ethical stance on the Goldwater Rule applies to its members only. APsaA does not consider political commentary by its individual members an ethical matter."[13][14] In July 2017, the website Stat published an article by Sharon Begley, labeled "exclusive" and titled "Psychiatry group tells members they can defy ‘Goldwater rule’ and comment on Trump’s mental health". The article, with a photograph of Barry Goldwater as the headline image, stated that "A leading psychiatry group has told its members they should not feel bound by a longstanding rule against commenting publicly on the mental state of public figures", first sourcing the statement to the July 6 American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA) letter, but also claiming that it "represents the first significant crack in the profession’s decades-old united front aimed at preventing experts from discussing the psychiatric aspects of politicians’ behavior"; the article then repeatedly referred to the "Goldwater rule", quoted an unnamed source as saying "leadership has been extremely reluctant to make a statement and publicly challenge the American Psychiatric Association", and claimed that an unnamed "official" had said that "Although the American Psychological Association “prefers” that its members not offer opinions on the psychology of someone they have not examined, it does not have a Goldwater rule and is not considering implementing one".[15][16] Yahoo News reporter Michael Walsh criticized the Statarticle, saying it was "misleading" by stating that the letter "represents the first significant crack": The American Psychiatric Association retains the Goldwater rule, and the APsaA never had the rule and wasn't changing.[14] Also, even though the APsaA has no Goldwater rule for its members and allows its members to give individual opinions about specific political figures, its Executive Councilors unanimously endorsed a policy that "the APsaA as an organization will speak to issues only, not about specific political figures".[14]

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Famously book-shy Donald Trump recommends tome by 'great guy' Milwaukee sheriff who said he'd 'choke a Democrat' and has been accused of massive abuses of power
  • Trump recommended 'Cop Under Fire' by Sheriff David Clarke Jr on Sunday
  • He called both the book and its author 'great' - Clarke has long supported Trump
  • Trump famously doesn't read very much, which he attributes to being very busy
  • But he reportedly has a short attention span and prefers bullet-pointed text
  • Clarke has been accused of abusing power and making outlandish statements
  • He and his office have racked up $393,000 in legal bills paid by taxpayers
  • He's being sued by a man who said he was arrested after they argued on a plane
  • And a man under his command was accused of rape - leading to a $6.7m payout
  • Another woman says she gave birth in a cell because guards ignored her
  • The baby died and now she's also suing the jail

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4827408/Donald-Trump-recommends-Sheriff-David-Clarke-s-new-book.html#ixzz4qy6rOJnO