• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Is Trump A Good Guy? Bad Guy? Political Genius? A Nut?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
‘When I can, I tell the truth’: Trump pushes back against his peddling of falsehoods

Washington Post
John Wagner
1 hr ago

President Trump defended his proclivity to spread misleading statements and falsehoods, saying in a television interview Wednesday that he tells the truth when he can.

“Well, I try. I do try ... and I always want to tell the truth,” Trump said in an interview with ABC News. “When I can, I tell the truth. And sometimes it turns out to be where something happens that’s different or there’s a change, but I always like to be truthful.”

The Washington Post’s Fact Checker reported last month that Trump had made more than 5,000 false or misleading claims in the first 601 days of his presidency — an average of 8.3 claims a day — and that the pace is picking up.

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

Since then, as Trump has ratcheted up his rhetoric in advance of the midterm elections, he has continued to mislead voters and invent facts.

He, for instance, said a middle-class tax cut would be passed by Nov. 1, even though Congress wasn’t in session and had no plans to reconvene before the elections.

He has repeatedly asserted that Republicans are more committed than Democrats to protecting people with preexisting health conditions, despite numerous past actions contrary to that claim.

And he has asserted that the United States is the only country to grant automatic citizenship to children born on its territory, despite the fact that more than 30 other nations have a similar “birthright citizenship” policies.

In the interview with ABC’s chief White House correspondent, Jonathan Karl, Trump also took issue with the media’s estimates of the sizes of caravans of Central American migrants slowly making their way toward the United States.

“You have caravans coming up that look a lot larger than it’s reported, actually,” Trump said. “I’m pretty good at estimating crowd size. And I’ll tell you, they look a lot bigger than people would think.”

Trump has often overstated the size of crowds he draws, starting with the first day of his presidency. At Trump’s direction, his then-press secretary Sean Spicer falsely claimed that the crowd at his 2017 inauguration was “the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-peddling-of-falsehoods/ar-BBPcEOG?ocid=ientp

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
President Trump blames pipe bomber and Pittsburgh synagogue shooting for slowing down Republican 'momentum' ahead of midterms

• President Trump said during a Missouri campaign rally on Thursday night that last week's domestic terror incidents had slowed GOP momentum
  • He blamed the 'maniacs' behind the mail pipe bombs and Pittsburgh synagogue massacre for taking attention away from the midterm election
  • The rally, held in an airline hangar draped in American flags, was Trump's second rally in an 11-stop tour ahead of Tuesday's crucial elections
  • With four days to go, Republicans are optimistic they could make gains in the Senate, but they might struggle to maintain a majority in the House
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...bomber-synagogue-shooter-slowed-momentum.html

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
President Donald Trump 'Whines' About Treatment Amid Synagogue Tragedy | Morning Joe | MSNBC
MSNBC

Published on Nov 2, 2018
The president's embrace of nationalism could prove a bridge too far in the midterms for 'educated, wealthier whites -- especially women,' according to New York Times reporting. Also, Trump laments about how Pittsburgh changed the midterm conversation.
» Subscribe to MSNBC: http://on.msnbc.com/SubscribeTomsnbc

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
All the stuff that's going on is directly due to him.
I see it as all the stuff going on is being caused by people who just can't stand the fact their side lost the election.

If he would have just acted like his predecessors you wouldn't have all this crazy news.
If he would have acted just like his predecessors, we might as well have the hag as POTUS. I'm sure that given the chance, she would have acted just like all of her predecessors.
....but that's exactly what we didn't want.

But he actually believes he's a king and lies through his teeth constantly.
He does not. I've heard the exact same thing from detractors of the last 3 POTUS's.

Something is seriously wrong with the guy and the news (msm) is simply pointing this out. Nothing more. They're not trying to make him look bad. He's doing it all on his own.
Yea, like how they wanted us to be outraged because of how he feeds fish. The way I see it, the msm thinks he can't do or say anything right, and they're gonna scream it from the tree tops.

Remember Search, that same msm was actively pushing the hag. That Trump was elected just chaps their collective asses and they are putting everything they've got into making Trump look as bad as possible. I've seen clips where the news anchors were openly complaining that none of what they are reporting is affecting his popularity. That is their goal. To get you (and everyone else) to not like him and want him gone so they can get their next stooge into office.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
And he has asserted that the United States is the only country to grant automatic citizenship to children born on its territory, despite the fact that more than 30 other nations have a similar “birthright citizenship” policies.
Wow, the POTUS doesn't know every other nations laws! Let's impeach him! (that's how the msm wants you to react about that)

Yet that same msm said nothing when their favored son made a huge faux pax and said that there is 60 States in the Union. Both statements were/are mistakes in their personal knowledge about a particular subject.
...but to me it's far more important for the leader of the nation to know how many States there are than what other nations have birthright citizenship. In fact, I really do not care how many other nations have that. All I care about is what goes on in this nation.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
AP FACT CHECK: Trump spreads distortions on immigration

AP
42 mins ago

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump spread distorted theories and numbers on immigration in the campaign's final days while claiming economic gains for minorities that have not been achieved.

A look at 11th hour rhetoric before the elections Tuesday and the reality:

MEDIAN INCOME
TRUMP, on attracting the nonwhite vote from Democrats: "We have the best unemployment numbers, the best median income numbers for all of these groups. We have the best numbers we've ever had. ...They should be worried about the African-Americans, because they're going to lose them." — Fox interview Monday.

THE FACTS: He did not achieve the best median income numbers for all the nonwhite groups. Both African-Americans and Asian-Americans had higher income prior to the Trump administration.

The median income last year for a black household was $40,258, according to the Census Bureau. That's below a 2000 peak of $42,348 and also statistically no better than 2016, President Barack Obama's last year in office.

Many economists view the continued economic growth since the middle of 2009, in Obama's first term, as the primary explanation for recent hiring and income gains. More important, there are multiple signs that the racial wealth gap is now worsening even as unemployment rates have come down.

As to Asian-Americans, the median income for a typical household last year was $81,331. It was $83,182 in 2016.
___

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
TRUMP, on the practice of allowing immigrants caught crossing the border illegally to stay in U.S. communities as they await immigration hearings: "We're not doing releases. What's been happening over years is they would come in, release them, and they would never show up for their trial. And we now have 25 or 30 million people in this country illegally, because of what's been happening over many years." — remarks Wednesday to reporters.

THE FACTS: It's nowhere close to 25 million to 30 million, nor has the number increased much in recent years.

The nonpartisan Pew Research Center estimates there were 11.3 million immigrants in the U.S. illegally in 2016, the most recent data available.

That number is basically unchanged from 2009. Advocacy groups on both sides of the immigration issue have similar estimates.

The number of such immigrants had reached a height of 12.2 million in 2007, representing about 4 percent of the U.S. population, before declining due in part to a weakening U.S. economy.

___

TRUMP, on tweeting a video blaming Democrats allowing a man to enter the U.S. who killed two police officers: "All I'm doing is just telling the truth." — speaking to reporters Friday.

THE FACTS: The video he spread around does not tell the truth. It says Democrats let Luis Bracamontes into the country and "let him stay."

Bracamontes entered the U.S. illegally, in 1996, during the Democratic administration of President Bill Clinton, but he was also deported by that administration the next year after being caught buying crack cocaine and serving his sentence. He returned repeatedly. By the time he was sentenced to death in California for the 2014 killings of the police officers, he had been deported four times, according to Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones.

No evidence of leniency by Democrats has emerged in the episode. Democratic and Republican administrations alike have deported hundreds of thousands of people a year and no administration, Trump's included, has caught everyone trying to enter illegally.

___

TRUMP on what U.S. troops should do if encountering migrants who are trying to get to the border from Mexico: "I didn't say shoot, I didn't say shoot." — remarks to reporters Friday.

THE FACTS: A day earlier, he said of the migrants: "They want to throw rocks at our military, our military fights back. I told them, consider it a rifle."

The procession has been largely peaceful. Some migrants in one caravan clashed with Mexican police at the Mexico-Guatemala border, hurling stones.
___

TRUMP: "President Obama separated the children from parents and nobody complained. When we continued the exact same law, the country went crazy." — immigration speech Thursday.

THE FACTS: Actually, Obama did not do the same thing as a matter of policy.

While it's true the underlying laws were the same, the Trump administration mandated anyone caught crossing the border illegally was to be criminally prosecuted. That policy meant adults were taken to court for criminal proceedings, and their children were separated and sent into the care of the Health and Human Services Department, which is tasked with caring for unaccompanied migrant children. Trump's zero tolerance policy remains in effect, but he signed an executive order June 20 that stopped separations.

Jeh Johnson, Obama's Homeland Security secretary, recently told NPR there may have been unusual or emergency circumstances when children were taken from parents, but there was no such policy.
___

TRUMP: "At this very moment, large well-organized caravans of migrants are marching towards our southern border. Some people call it an invasion. ...These are tough people in many cases; a lot of young men, strong men and a lot of men that maybe we don't want in our country.

...This isn't an innocent group of people. It's a large number of people that are tough. They have injured, they have attacked." — immigration speech Thursday.

THE FACTS: He's given no evidence that people in the caravans are, by and large, dangerous, hardened criminals — after acknowledging at one point that there is no such proof.

The migrants in the caravans are mostly from Honduras, where it started, as well as El Salvador and Guatemala. Overall, they are poor, carrying the belongings that fit into a knapsack and fleeing gang violence or poverty.

It might be true there are some criminals mixed in with the throngs, given the sheer number of migrants. Trump did not substantiate his claim that members of the MS-13 gang, in particular, are among them. The Homeland Security Department issued a sheet stating that "over 270 individuals along the caravan route have criminal histories, including known gang membership." But it did not specify how it had arrived at that number.

Some migrants in one of the caravans clashed with Mexican police at the Mexico-Guatemala border, hurling stones and other objects as they tried to cross the international bridge. One migrant died; it's not clear how it happened. Caravan leaders said they had expelled a number of troublemakers from the procession, exhibiting some self-policing. Ultimately, most entered Guatemala — and later, Mexico — by illegally bypassing immigration checkpoints.

The caravan otherwise has been overwhelmingly peaceful, receiving applause and donated food from residents of the towns they pass. Mexican police have not tried again to stop them.
___

BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP
TRUMP: "It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't. ... Well, you can definitely do it with an act of Congress. But now they're saying I can do it just with an executive order." — interview published Tuesday with "Axios on HBO."

THE FACTS: Scholars widely pan the idea that Trump could unilaterally change the rules on who is a citizen. It's highly questionable whether an act of Congress could do it, either, though it is conceivable that legislators could change the rules regarding children born in the U.S. of parents who are in the country illegally.

Peter Schuck is perhaps the most prominent advocate of the idea that birthright citizenship is not conveyed by the Constitution to children of parents who are living illegally in the U.S. Even he says "Trump clearly cannot act by" executive order.

"I feel confident that no competent lawyer would advise him otherwise," he said by email Tuesday. "This is just pre-election politics and misrepresentation and should be sharply criticized as such."

Schuck, of Yale, and colleague Rogers Smith of the University of Pennsylvania have argued since the mid-1980s that Congress can set the rules for providing citizenship to U.S.-born children of parents who came illegally.

But most scholars on the left and right share the view that it would take a constitutional amendment to deny automatic citizenship to children born in the U.S. to parents who are in the country illegally.

James Ho, a conservative Trump-appointed federal appeals court judge, wrote in the Green Bag legal journal in 2006 that birthright citizenship "is protected no less for children of undocumented persons than for descendants of Mayflower passengers."

Stephen Yale-Loehr, a Cornell university immigration expert, said the case against Trump's authority is "not open and shut, but the better view is it would require a constitutional amendment."

The Constitution's citizenship clause was part of the post-Civil War amendments that enshrined the rights of African-Americans. The citizenship clause, in particular, was intended to overturn the Supreme Court's notorious Dred Scott decision of 1857 that held African-Americans were not citizens.

The Supreme Court has never ruled squarely about the clause's application to children of immigrants who are in the U.S. illegally. Trump did not make a distinction between legal and illegal status in his remarks. An 1898 Supreme Court decision held that the U.S.-born son of legal Chinese immigrants was a citizen under the 14th Amendment; a footnote in a 1982 decision suggests there should be no difference for children of foreign-born parents whether they are in the U.S. legally or illegally.
___

TRUMP: "We're the only country in the world where a person comes in, has a baby and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States for 85 years with all of those benefits. It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. And it has to end." — interview with "Axios on HBO."

THE FACTS: That's wrong.

The U.S. is among about 30 countries where birthright citizenship — the principle of jus soli or "right of the soil" — is applied, according to the World Atlas and other sources. Most are in the Americas. Canada and Mexico are among them. Most other countries confer citizenship based on that of at least one parent — jus sanguinis, or "right of blood" — or have a modified form of birthright citizenship that may restrict automatic citizenship to children of parents who are on their territory legally.

More broadly, Trump's view that U.S.-born children of foreigners live a lifetime of taking "all those benefits" ignores the taxes they pay, the work they do and their other contributions to society.
___

2016 ELECTION
SARAH HUCKABEE SANDERS, White House press secretary: Trump "got elected by an overwhelming majority of 63 million Americans who came out and supported him and wanted to see his policies enacted." — press briefing Monday.

THE FACTS: Trump did not earn a majority of votes in the 2016 election. He did win the Electoral College, allowing him to capture the presidency.

Trump won nearly 63 million votes compared with more than 65 million for Democrat Hillary Clinton, who racked up lopsided victories in big states such as New York and California, according to election data compiled by The Associated Press. But she lost the presidency due to Trump's winning margin in the Electoral College, which came after he narrowly won less populous Midwestern states including Michigan and Wisconsin.
___

FLORIDA GOVERNOR'S RACE
TRUMP, on Democratic gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum: "His city, Tallahassee, is known as the most corrupt in Florida and one of the most corrupt in the nation." — Fox interview Monday.

THE FACTS: Trump is making an unsubstantiated assertion. Republicans including Gillum's opponent, Ron DeSantis, have made crime and corruption a talking point in the governor's race to knock down the Tallahassee mayor's political momentum, saying it's a crime-ridden city. But Tallahassee is not even in the top 25 when it comes to city per-capita crime rates in Florida. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement reports that Tallahassee had 5,765 crimes per 100,000 people in 2017. By comparison, the Florida city with the highest rate, Medley, had 28,004 crimes per 100,000 people.

Trump, who stressed the principle of innocent until proven guilty when allegations shadowed Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, has also pointed to an ongoing investigation by the state's ethics commission into whether Gillum accepted gifts from lobbyists after a Tallahassee businessman and persistent critic of Gillum filed a complaint. Gillum has denied any wrongdoing in that case, or that he is a target in a separate ongoing FBI investigation into the city's government.
___

Associated Press writers Colleen Long and Mark Sherman in Washington and Elliot Spagat in San Diego contributed to this report.
___

Find AP Fact Checks at http://apne.ws/2kbx8bd

Follow @APFactCheck on Twitter: https://twitter.com/APFactCheck

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factc...tortions-on-immigration/ar-BBPihPN?ocid=ientp

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
'Trump has hijacked the election': House Republicans in panic mode

Politico
By Elana Schor, Carla Marinucci and Rachael Bade
4 hrs

House Speaker Paul Ryan got President Donald Trump on the phone Sunday for one final plea on behalf of anxious Republicans: Please, please talk up the booming economy in the final hours before Election Day.

But Trump, unsurprisingly, had another issue on his mind. He boasted to Ryan that his focus on immigration has fired up the base, according to a source familiar with the call.

Two days out from an expected Democratic takeover of the House, Republicans focused on the chamber are profoundly worried that Trump’s obsession with all things immigration will exacerbate their losses. Many of these same Republicans welcomed Trump’s initial talk about the migrant caravan and border security two weeks ago, hoping it would gin up the GOP base in some at-risk, Republican-held districts.

But they now fear Trump went overboard — and that it could cost them dearly in key suburban districts, from Illinois to Texas. Many of them have cringed at Trump’s threats to unilaterally end birthright citizenship, as well as his recent racially-tinged ad suggesting that immigrants are police killers. The president's drumbeat, they say, is drowning out news any incumbent president would be negligent not to dwell on: that the economy added a quarter-million jobs last quarter, and unemployment is below 4 percent.

“Trump has hijacked the election,” said one senior House Republican aide of Trump's focus on immigration. “This is not what we expected the final weeks of the election to focus on.”

The disagreement highlights the tug-of-war over strategy that’s been dogging the GOP all year: Should Republicans prioritize turning out Trump backers, or appeal to suburban swing voters? The party has diverged according to the chamber: Senate Republicans seeking to grow their majorities in rural, red states by toppling incumbent Democrats have mostly welcomed Trump's red-meat approach; House Republicans whose survival hinges on the suburbs have privately griped and tried to change the subject.

The different landscapes have created dual GOP campaign messages. Ryan, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Whip Steve Scalise and the National Republican Congressional Committee have made their closing argument about the economy, while the man with the bully pulpit suggested a few days ago that the military might shoot migrants who throw rocks.

Trump has even publicly scoffed at GOP suggestions that he focus on the economy in the final days, though he did talk about the latest jobs report at rallies this weekend.

“We can talk about the economy, but the fact is, we know how well we're doing with the economy and we have to solve problems,” Trump said at an event in Florida on Friday, hitting back at criticism that he’s ignoring his party’s biggest asset.

He promptly latched onto his topic du jour: “Democrats are openly encouraging millions of illegal aliens to break our laws, violate our sovereignty, overrun our borders and destroy our nation. In so many ways. We can't let it happen."

The heightened concerns foreshadow the blame game that will undoubtedly commence if Republicans lose the House on Tuesday. Trump has made clear he’ll take little to no responsibility, insisting in recent days that he “can’t go everywhere” to save House candidates.

Indeed, some House Republicans say privately that they feel abandoned, as if Trump has given up on them — the likely losers — in order to focus on the Senate. Rubbing salt in the wound, they feel Trump's message to help Senate Republicans in rural, red states is a direct threat to the House GOP's cause in suburban areas.

“His honing in on this message is going to cost us seats,” said one senior House GOP campaign source. “The people we need to win in these swing districts that will determine the majority, it’s not the Trump base; it’s suburban women, or people who voted for [Hillary] Clinton or people who are not hard Trump voters.”

In Orange County, California, a former conservative bastion once known as Reagan Country, Democratic candidate Harley Rouda said Trump’s heated immigration rhetoric has turned off moderate voters. Rouda, who’s now in a neck-and-neck battle to defeat GOP incumbent Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, said “we are seeing these people coming into our campaign.”

“What we’ve seen with moderate Republicans and independents is an increasing frustration with the president of the United States, pitting Americans against Americans — trying to divide us instead of uniting us,’’ he said at his Costa Mesa campaign headquarters on Sunday.

Southern California is far from an outlier, according to several Republicans involved in House campaigns. Trump’s immigration rhetoric could be costly for a pair of suburban Texas Republicans who’d seen improvements in their polling numbers two weeks ago, but who are once again struggling: Reps. Pete Sessions and John Culberson. It’s also hurt Rep. Peter Roskam in Illinois, these sources said, whose Chicago-area campaign message has focused on the economy in the final days of the election.

Republicans in districts with large Hispanic populations are also on high alert: Republican Rep. David Valadao of California’s Central Valley has long been favored to win reelection. But there’s a newfound fear that Trump’s rhetoric toward immigrants will motivate more Latino voters to turn out against the incumbent.

Ditto for for Rep. Jeff Denham, whose neighboring California district also has a large Hispanic population.

“Talking about immigration and birthright citizenship and the caravan — that doesn’t help Jeff Denham," the senior GOP campaign source said.

Not all Republicans feel this way. Some conservatives and more moderate members hope immigration will motivate their base. Trump's approval rating remains in the 40s, they note, higher than it had been over the summer. And the Democrats' 7-point lead in the generic congressional ballot, according to a NBC/Wall Street Journal poll Sunday, was notably smaller than the double-digit lead the party previously held.

Most Senate Republican candidates aren't backing away from Trump’s immigration messaging. In Arizona, a border state where Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema's more centrist record on immigration could help her snag a GOP-held seat on Tuesday, Republicans are reading from Trump’s playbook.

Gov. Doug Ducey (R-Ariz.), who's poised to cruise to reelection, said Trump's rhetoric is ramping up "the intensity of getting people out to vote."

"The other side is angry, they’re energized, and they’re actually showing some signs of being organized," Ducey said after joining Sinema's opponent, Rep. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.), for a rally at a pancake breakfast in rural Prescott. McSally said her closing message includes a major pitch on border security, though she has stopped short of fully endorsing Trump's call to limit the constitutional guarantee of citizenship.

In a few rare cases, House Republicans have felt the need to publicly rebuke Trump’s hard-line talk. Rep. Carlos Curbelo, a vulnerable Miami Republican, has taken to TV and Twitter in recent days to push back on Trump’s immigration comments.

“Birthright citizenship is protected by the Constitution, so no @realDonaldTrump you can’t end it by executive order,” Curbelo tweeted right after Trump floated the idea.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment on this story. But Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel defended Trump’s controversial immigration ad on CBS’ “Face the Nation” Sunday.

“The ad is highlighting the fact that one individual got through the cracks and killed cops. That should make every American upset and we need to fix our immigration system. And the president's leading the way,” she said when pressed about GOP concerns over Trump’s immigration rhetoric.

Notably, however, it was the job numbers that McDaniel listed first in her opening pitch for why Republicans might keep the House.

“It's about the results and we just saw on Friday," she said. "The great job numbers."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...publicans-in-panic-mode/ar-BBPlxc5?ocid=ientp

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump celebrates GOP gains, threatens House Democrats

AP
JONATHAN LEMIRE, CATHERINE LUCEY and DARLENE SUPERVILLE , Associated Press
5 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump, emboldened by Republican election wins in the Senate and scornful of GOP candidates he felt didn't sufficiently embrace his support, delivered a stark warning to the new Democratic House majority on Wednesday: Investigate me, and I'll investigate you — and the government will grind to a halt.

Noting that his Republican Party retained control of the Senate on Tuesday, he said that if Democrats in the House come after him, "we've got" a thing called the U.S. Senate.

Speaking at a wide-ranging White House press conference, Trump, by turns combative and conciliatory, said Democrats and Republicans should set aside partisanship to work together.

Some House Democrats have threatened to use the subpoena power they will gain in January to investigate Trump and administration actions. But, he warned, he will respond in kind and government will suffer.

Plus, he said, Democrats have "nothing, zero," on him.

Of the special counsel's Russia investigation that has shadowed his administration for more than 18 months, Trump said, "I could end it right now" but "I let it go on."

Trump's remarks on party dynamics came after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he had spoken with House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi about how they might "find a way forward" in a divided Congress next year.

The GOP "had a very good day" Tuesday despite the House loss, McConnell said. "I'm proud of what happened. The president was very helpful to us."

He and Pelosi, the Kentucky senator said, are "not unfamiliar" with one another as longtime leaders and colleagues.

As for congressional action the rest of this year, he said he could not imagine taking up immigration and acknowledged that the Democratic House and Republican Senate were likely to go their separate ways when it comes to the legislative agenda

"Areas for legislative agreement will be more limited," he said.

"The one issue that Leader Pelosi and I discussed this morning where there could be a possible bipartisan agreement would be something on infrastructure, but there could be a lot of other things."

McConnell said that Democrats in the House will have to decide how much they want to "harass" Trump. That echoed a similar message from Trump, who on Twitter cautioned Democrats not to use their new House majority to launch investigations into his administration.

"If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level," Trump wrote. "Two can play that game!"

In Tuesday's elections, McConnell said, the contentious, partisan fight over Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's nomination was "very helpful" in winning Senate seats, like an "adrenaline shot" for GOP voters.

Kavanaugh was confirmed last month after a California professor accused him of sexual assault when both were teenagers.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...if-dems-investigate-him/ar-BBPrYxu?ocid=ientp

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump accuses black reporter of asking 'racist' question

Washington Enaminer
Melissa Quinn
15 mins ago

President Trump on Wednesday accused a black reporter of asking a “racist question” when she asked whether he has emboldened white nationalists by declaring himself a “nationalist.”

“I don’t know why you would say that,” Trump told Yamiche Alcindor, White House correspondent for PBS NewsHour. “That’s such a racist question.”

The president called himself a “nationalist” during a rally in Houston, Texas, last month. He urged the crowd then to embrace the word and said that “it should be brought back," while his opponents have said Trump is using a racist dogwhistle to please white supremacists.

During his post-election press conference Wednesday, Trump questioned how his use of the phrase could encourage white nationalists given the support he said he has from black voters.

“Why do I have among the highest poll numbers with African-Americans? Why do I have my highest poll numbers?” he asked. “That's such a racist question. Honestly, I know you have it written down, that's a racist question.”

Trump also said he loves the country and the world, but said his goal is to focus first on the well-being of the United States.

“I also love the world and I don't mind helping the world,” he said. “But we have to straighten out our country first. We have a lot of problems, excuse me, but to say that what you said is so insulting to me. It's a very terrible thing that you said.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-asking-racist-question/ar-BBPseLe?ocid=ientp

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
'Sit down. You are very rude. You are FAKE NEWS': Trump goes to war on the media and has shouting match with CNN's Jim Acosta as White House intern tries to grab the reporter's microphone

• President Donald Trump and CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta got into a heated verbal back-and-forth at the White House on Wednesday
  • The two men have long had a contentious relationship
  • Acosta was asking Trump about the migrant caravan
  • He pushed Trump on the issue, who snapped
  • 'That's enough, Put down the mic,' Trump told him
  • A White House intern then tried to take it from Acosta, who fought her for it
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...EWS-Trump-shouting-match-CNNs-Jim-Acosta.html

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
'I have never used racist remarks!' Trump insists Michael Cohen and Omarosa are lying when they claim he used bigoted slurs but blasts black reporter for 'racist question' about white nationalism

• President said in a post-election press conference that he has never used racist slurs, denying claims from his former lawyer and a onetime White House aide
  • 'I would never do that,' the president insisted – claiming that if he had, the press corps would have been able to prove it by now
  • He also blasted a black PBS reporter for a 'racist' question linking economic 'nationalism' with 'white nationalism'
  • Trump uses 'nationalism' to refer to his 'America First' agenda
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ack-reporters-white-nationalism-question.html

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump clashes with Acosta in testy exchange
CNN

Published on Nov 7, 2018
President Donald Trump defended his characterization of the migrant caravan as an "invasion" before attacking CNN's Jim Acosta, calling him a "rude, terrible person."

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Robert Reich: Trump's 30 Biggest Broken Promises
Robert Reich

Published on Nov 1, 2018
Robert Reich lists Trump's broken campaign pledges.
Watch More: Is Trump the Worst President ►► https://youtu.be/DHG7appJ6Io

For more videos like these, be sure to subscribe. If you'd like to support our work, you can do so here: www.inequalitymedia.org/donate

Follow Robert Reich:
Facebook: facebook.com/RBReich
Twitter: twitter.com/RBReich
Instagram: instagram.com/rbreich/

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Joe: We're Seeing Worst Of President Donald Trump After Midterms | Morning Joe | MSNBC
MSNBC

Published on Nov 21, 2018
'As the scope and the scale of the historic Democratic landslide in the midterms becomes clear, we're actually getting a chance now unfortunately to see the worst of Donald Trump,' says Joe Scarborough.
» Subscribe to MSNBC: http://on.msnbc.com/SubscribeTomsnbc

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump wanted Justice Department to PROSECUTE Hillary Clinton and James Comey until White House lawyers warned it could lead to his impeachment

• New York Times reports that Trump asked White House counsel about ordering a Justice Department probe and prosecution of Hillary Clinton and James Comey
  • Counsel Don McGahn told him that he couldn't control the DOJ
  • Conversation happened in the spring of 2018, more than a year after Trump took office – and around the same time Comey released his anti-Trump memoir
  • McGahn had other White House lawyers draft a memo for Trump explaining how abuse of his power could lead to impeachment
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-investigate-Hillary-Clinton-James-Comey.html

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump says he's thankful for making a 'tremendous difference in this country'

The Hill
Aris Folley
1 hr ago

President Trump said Thursday that he is thankful "for having a great family and for having made a tremendous difference in this country."

Trump made the comment when asked by reporters what he is grateful for on Thanksgiving shortly after holding a phone call with troops overseas.

"I've made a tremendous difference in the country," Trump said. "This country's so much stronger than it was when I took office and you wouldn't believe it."

"I mean you see it, but [it's] so much stronger that people can't even believe it," Trump said. "When I see foreign leaders, they say, 'We cannot believe the difference in strength between the United States now and the United States two years ago.'"

The country "made a lot of progress," he added.

The president also used his appearance to heap praise on his acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker, who was appointed to the role earlier this month after Trump asked former Attorney General Jeff Sessions to resign.

"Matt Whitaker is a highly respected person...and...you know, once I choose somebody they always go through hell...but Matt Whitaker is a highly respected man," Trump said.

"The Justice Department respects him tremendously," he continued. "I've spoken to a lot of people and you know, the press has been nasty to Matt Whitaker, but I can tell you that he is a highly respected, strong person and he's doing a great job. Everybody tells me that. He's doing a really great job."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ference-in-this-country/ar-BBPZyaD?ocid=ientp

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
'I’ve made a tremendous difference in this country': Trump says he is thankful for HIMSELF this holiday as he speaks from Mar-a-Lago before delivering sandwiches to the Coast Guard... while Melania is nowhere to be seen

• President Trump offered up what he was thankful for on Thanksgiving Day
  • 'For having a great family and for having made a tremendous difference in this country,' he said
  • Trump spent Thanksgiving Day talking with U.S. soldiers, visiting a local Coast Guard station and then heading to his Trump International Golf course
  • He delivered a tray of giant sandwiches to a Coast Guard troops in Florida and thanked them for their work this year
  • Melania Trump was not sighted
  • She had joined the president last year when he visited the same station
  • 'You gain about five pounds when you eat one of those,' Trump said of the giant submarine sandwiches

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-eat-one-Trump-jokes-sandwiches-delivers.html

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Roger Stone says Trump WON'T run again because he's 'hypersensitive to criticism' – then insists on conspiracy radio show that he meant to say president will have 'achieved his agenda' already

• Roger Stone, an adviser to Trump's 2016 campaign, said the president won't seek reelection because he's 'hypersensitive to criticism'
  • ''He doesn't like the fact that half the people in the country hate his guts. He's hypersensitive to criticism,' Stone said
  • Stone later walked back his remarks to say it's because Trump will have already 'achieved his agenda'
  • 'He may be able to just ride off into the sunset as one of America's greatest presidents. That's all I was saying,' Stone told InfoWars
  • Trump has given all indications he'll run again in 2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...mp-WONT-run-hes-hypersensitive-criticism.html

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
'I don't see it': Trump says people like him aren't global warming 'believers' and he doubts people cause climate change – one day after apocalyptic report comes out of his own administration

• President Donald Trump said for the second day in a row that he's skeptical about apocalyptic global warming predictions from his own administration
  • 'A lot of people like myself, we have very high levels of intelligence but we’re not necessarily such believers,' he said in an Oval Office interview
  • On Monday he said more simply: 'I don't believe it'
  • A stunning report was released by multiple federal agencies on Friday, claiming climate change will cost the U.S. economy hundreds of billions of dollars
  • 'As to whether or not it’s man-made and whether or not the effects that you’re talking about are there, I don’t see it,' he said Tuesday
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ople-like-arent-global-warming-believers.html

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
'As to whether or not it’s man-made and whether or not the effects that you’re talking about are there, I don’t see it,' he said Tuesday
He's right. The whole AGW thing is a bunch of BS cooked up by those wanting to institute World governance.
If snows less, they say it's because of Global warming.
If snows more, they say it's because of Global warming.
If it rains more, they say it's because of Global warming.
If it rains less, they say it's because of Global warming.
If it's colder at times, they say it's because of Global warming.
If it's actually warmer at times, they say it's because of Global warming.
If there are more hurricanes in a given year, they say it's because of Global warming.
If there are fewer hurricanes in a given year, they say it's because of Global warming.
etc etc etc.

Is there anything the weather does these days that is not somehow blamed on Global warming?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Does the helicopter have to stay in the box if it's raining? Trump critics mock family company's 'cheap-looking' Christmas ornaments and gift sets being hawked online by the president's sons

• Eric Trump is hawking the family's 2018 Christmas ornament collection
  • Some of the decorations from the Trump Store appear to be made of glass with price tags as high as $60 a piece but some describe them as looking 'cheap'
  • Many people also pondered if the pieces are made in China and not in the USA
  • None of the items are listed under the Trump Store's 'Made in the USA' section which only has a smattering of clothing on it
  • Donald Jr. pulled a similar move peddling the store's gift sets last month
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-ornaments-hawked-online-presidents-sons.html

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Does the helicopter have to stay in the box if it's raining? Trump critics mock family company's 'cheap-looking' Christmas ornaments and gift sets being hawked online by the president's sons
AND if they had lavishly decorated, they would be equally burned at the stake ! The halloween witches continue thru Christmas ! :witch::witch::witch:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
It's Mueller's fault I'm unpopular says Trump as he claims his approval rating would be a sky high 75 PERCENT if not for the neverending Russia probe

• Trump complained Thursday as George H.W. Bush's family funeral was under way in Texas about his presidential approval rating
  • He claimed: 'Without the phony Russia Witch Hunt, and with all that we have accomplished in the last almost two years...my approval rating would be at 75%'
  • Just two presidents since Lyndon B. Johnson have scored at 75 percent or above in the Gallup poll - George W. Bush and his late father George Bush senior
  • The former after 9/11 and the latter at the end of the Persian Gulf War
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ing-sky-high-75-PERCENT-not-Russia-probe.html

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
ROTFLMAO...……………..

BREAKING NEWS; Trump calls Rex Tillerson 'dumb as a rock' and 'lazy as hell' after fired secretary of state said president read nothing and told him to break the law

• The president unloaded on his former secretary of state after he criticized the president
  • Trump boiled over, calling the former Exxon CEO 'lazy as a rock'
  • Said he lacked the needed 'mental capacity'
  • He fired after Tillerson's extraordinary revelations of what he thought of Trump
  • Tillerson made his first public appearance since being pushed out
  • The former Exxon CEO spoke publicly for the first time in almost 9 months
  • Said he would have to tell Trump 'you can't do it that way. It violates the law'
  • Answered open-ended questions from former CBS anchor Bob Schieffer
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ad-undisciplined-says-Rex-Tillerson-talk.html

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's Mueller's fault I'm unpopular says Trump as he claims his approval rating would be a sky high 75 PERCENT if not for the neverending Russia probe

• Trump complained Thursday as George H.W. Bush's family funeral was under way in Texas about his presidential approval rating
  • He claimed: 'Without the phony Russia Witch Hunt, and with all that we have accomplished in the last almost two years...my approval rating would be at 75%'
  • Just two presidents since Lyndon B. Johnson have scored at 75 percent or above in the Gallup poll - George W. Bush and his late father George Bush senior
  • The former after 9/11 and the latter at the end of the Persian Gulf War
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ing-sky-high-75-PERCENT-not-Russia-probe.html
75% is a joke, but 55% - 60% would be a realistic number if they left-wing media didn't do negative stories 24/7....

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Q says mueller is a white hat i’m going with that, not some MSM story.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
I dont follow Q that much but it appears that most of what he or she says is cryptic and very subject to interpretation. The only constant is that Q is pro USA and Trump, for that we can be thankfull , last thing we need is another antifa parading as american patriots

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Scumbag huh? I don't recall ever being rude to you before...very unprovoked, but noted.
Sorry mixed you up with another poster who posts on the Q thread thought you were walking away from your own previous posts.