• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Is Trump A Good Guy? Bad Guy? Political Genius? A Nut?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Right now, Trump's nuts haven't been the issue! It's the Lunatic LIARberals having trouble with that!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
MSNBC's ‘Morning Joe’: Trump Mentally Ill, Has Dementia; Remove Him From Office

By Susan Jones | November 30, 2017 | 7:06 AM EST

(CNSNews.com) - Declaring President Trump to be mentally unfit for office and in the early stages of dementia, the hosts of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Thursday said it is time for Trump's Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment, which allows for the president to be removed from office when “he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.”

The anti-Trump diatribe -- not too much different from those that occur daily on "Morning Joe" -- follows President Trump's tweet on Wednesday aimed at NBC executives and "Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough:

Trump tweeted: "So now that Matt Lauer is gone when will the Fake News practitioners at NBC be terminating the contract of Phil Griffin? And will they terminate low ratings Joe Scarborough based on the 'unsolved mystery' that took place in Florida years ago? Investigate!"

A 28-year-old intern was found dead, reportedly of natural causes, in Scarborough's Florida district office in 2001, two months after Scarborough announced his retirement from the U.S. Congress.

At the beginning of "Morning Joe" on Thursday, host Mika Brzezinski read from a "New York Daily News" editorial, which said, "Only those completely under his spell can deny what growing numbers of Americans have long suspected: The President of the United States is profoundly unstable. He is mad. He is by any honest layman's definition mentally unwell."

Brzezinski also quoted "New York Times" reporter Maggie Haberman, who said "something is unleashed with him lately. I don't know what's causing it. I don't know how to describe it."

Among the most recent criticisms of Trump: His feud with British Prime Minister Therea May over Trump's retweeting of "conspiracy theories," including videos posted by a British woman that purport to show Muslims killing Christians or attacking Christian symbols.

Scarborough said Trump's tweet about him is another "cruel" conspiracy theory:

"And this comes in the midst of a nuclear showdown with North Korea," Scarborough said. “So I'm just kind of wondering -- what's the Cabinet waiting for? What are Republicans in the House and Senate -- because it's never going to get more deadly serious than it is now."

Scarborough predicted that “America will survive this," but -- "at this particular moment...we are headed toward a nuclear showdown...We are closer to a war on the Korean Peninsula than most Americans know."

"If this is not what the 25th Amendment was drafted for -- I would like the Cabinet members, serving America, not the president, serving America ...you don't represent him," Scarborough continued.

"You represent 325 million people whose lives are literally in your hands, and we are facing a showdown with a nuclear power and you have somebody inside the White House that the New York Daily News says is mentally unfit; that people close to him say is mentally unfit; that people close to him during the campaign told me had early stages of dementia.

“When are we supposed to say this?” Scarborough asked. “After the first nuclear missile goes? Is that when it's proper to bring this up in polite society?"

As for Trump's tweet directed at Scarborough, his fiancé Mika Brzezinski read a statement that she said she wrote:

Today the president crossed another deep and disturbing line with his attacks on Joe. The chief law enforcement officer of the United States of America advanced a false conspiracy theory to intimidate the press and cause a chilling effect on the First Amendment.

Joe and I are not intimidated. And his bizarre behavior contravenes both the Constitution and basic moral judgment.

Brzezinski said that is all they would have to say on the matter.

For the record, CNN's "New Day" also discussed Trump's "grip on reality" with the co-author of Trump's book, "The Art of the Deal."

Vid at link: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...p-mentally-ill-has-dementia-remove-him-office

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Donald Trump is a madman: The President's Wednesday Twitter spasm confirms what many Americans have long suspected

Editorials

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 11:32 AM

After his latest spasm of deranged tweets, only those completely under his spell can deny what growing numbers of Americans have long suspected: The President of the United States is profoundly unstable. He is mad. He is, by any honest layman’s definition, mentally unwell and viciously lashing out.

Some might say we are just suffering through the umpteenth canny, calculated presidential eruption designed to distract the nation from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, or perhaps from unpopular legislation working its way through Congress.

Quite possible. But Occam’s razor, and the sheer strangeness of Trump’s behavior, leads us to conclude that we are witnessing signs of mania.

Early Wednesday morning, Donald Trump or whomever was manning his Twitter account retweeted, seemingly at random, three videos of supposed violence against Christians by Muslims.

Trump tweets 'fake news' anti-Muslim video from far-right leader

At least one of those was long ago debunked. The words of the tweet spread to Trump’s 43.6 million followers referred to a violent young man pictured in a video as a “Muslim migrant.” The perpetrator appears to have been neither a Muslim nor a migrant.

Trump is broadcasting discredited hate videos even as he now tells multiple people in his inner circle that the real, verified “Access Hollywood” video in which he boasted of grabbing women “by the p---y” — words for which he has already publicly apologized — was falsified.

By engaging in the little Islamophobia-fest, Trump amplified the handiwork of a leader of Britain First, a fringe, far-right political movement that is the rough equivalent of America’s white nationalist alt-right.

Trump wasn’t done. Just before 7 a.m., he urged the nation to “boycott Fake News CNN” — the nation’s most powerful person targeting a media company that happens to be locked in a legal fight with his own Justice Department over a merger.

Then, upon learning of the firing of NBC’s Matt Lauer for workplace sexual harassment, came the real unraveling.

“When will the top executives at NBC & Comcast be fired for putting out so much Fake News. Check out Andy Lack’s past!” he tweeted, aiming unhinged ire at the network’s news boss.

This is a day after North Korea fired what was, by all accounts, an ICBM. During a week when Congress is in the throes of delicate negotiations on taxes and the budget.

And before our eyes, the President is spinning in a Tasmanian devil’s rage about American news networks.

There was more.

“When will the Fake News practitioners at NBC be terminating the contract of Phil Griffin?” Trump then tweeted — demanding the firing of a private citizen who happens to run MSNBC, a news channel he hates.

“And will they terminate low ratings Joe Scarborough based on the ‘unsolved mystery’ that took place in Florida years ago? Investigate!”

Stop. Read it again. Google it if you must.

President Trump revives birther claims against Obama

The President of the United States just casually accused a congressman-turned-TV-host of murder because an intern died in his Florida office in 2001.

It is a terrible shame that we have to address the substance of this base smear, but these are the indignities forced upon all of us in the age of Donald Trump.

Lori Klausutis, 28, was found dead behind a desk. An autopsy was conducted: She had been feeling unwell; she had heart problems that caused her to fall and hit her head. That is what the medical examiner concluded, finding no signs of foul play.

There is no evidence connecting Scarborough, who barely knew Klausutis, to her death. None. Zero. Zip.

Macron mum on Obama meal plans to avoid angering Trump: report

Just like there is no credible evidence connecting Donald Trump to the alleged rape of a 13-year-old girl in 1996, a crime of which he was accused in a since-dropped civil lawsuit that has never held up to scrutiny.

One might think a man falsely accused of such a serious crime, who pledged to “open up” libel laws to make it easier for public figures like him and Scarborough to sue people who spread lies about them, would think twice before hurling such an incendiary false charge at someone else.

To think that is to assume that Donald Trump is well. He is not well.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/donald-trump-madman-article-1.3665163

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Didn't they say that a year ago? You remember, serious, beautiful people like charlierose, mattlauer, alfrankin ect...... the ones that laughed at us deplorables & call it fly over country? You remember we the little people that work & feed your worthless asses? Your lucky Trump is dealing with mittens & kid gloves..... CUS WE GOT ROPE!

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
We are the one's who were crazy for believing his campaign rhetoric:

An honest politician? Sure. We'll buy it. They wouldn't lie to us 45 times in a row!

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
We are the one's who were crazy for believing his campaign rhetoric:
He's only one guy. How much can he do with a divided party? At least half of his own party are democrats in disguise. Trump getting elected was about stopping whatsherface and getting a decent SC pick. Anything more than that should be looked at as pure bonus.

Edited to add:...and if she was there instead, all we'd be hearing now is "ban guns" "single payer" and "climate change" from her 24/7 along with Congress and the Senate. We'd be waaay more f'ed with her in office than we'll ever be with Trump.
Oh, and we'd have Al Gore on the SC. Or someone like him.

Last edited:

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Cant fathom FBI, DOJ still filled with Clinton and Obama holdovers, what the fk over?
The 4th Estate has myriad tentacles.

It is truly miraculous that he is making any traction at all in draining the swamp.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
'Morning Joe' Ups Ante: Calls for Cabinet-Led Coup, 'Sociopath' Trump Must Be Removed

Trump's 'mental state' is 'going to crescendo in more insane behavior'
Dec 1, 2017

The hosts of Morning Joe are using their show to rally members of Trump's cabinet remove the president from office.

This cabinet-led coup could happen via the 25th Amendment, host Joe Scarborough said Friday. That amendment to the Constitution, adopted in 1967, deals with replacing a president who is no longer able to "discharge the powers and duties of his office," which these hosts say applies to Trump due to his apparent mental incapacitation.

"If you’ve been around mental health issues in your life ... the pressure heightens, it gets worse," Donny Deutsch said Friday. "And we should be frightened right now. We should be — there is nothing glib about it."

"At what point do you go to article 25? [sic]" Deutsch asked.

Deutsch said he's able to diagnose a change in Trump's mental state: "I have known him for 20 years and I’ve spent hours and hours with him, everything from negotiating leases to at-school functions to hours and hours of interviewing him on my old show. He’s not the same guy. You can see it in his eyes and in his speech pattern, and most frighteningly his behavior. I think there’s something else happening here. If you've been around mental illness and whatnot, I think he’s feeling the noose around his neck tightening with Mueller."

"So take a guy who is mentally unstable," Deutsch continued. "Now put a gun closer — metaphorically, closer and closer to his head, and I think that’s what you’re seeing this week. I think there’s a new level, and I think we’re going to see it heightened as these two stories are coming together. His mental health and the Russian inquiry are coming together and it’s going to crescendo in even more insane behavior.”

Scarborough also predicted Trump's mental health would deteriorate.

"My mom has dementia," Scarborough said. "She had pre-dementia for several years. My father’s death, the pressure of that, is when we really lost her. And so it got exponentially worse very first. The more pressure you’re under in this — if this is, in fact, the problem, the worse it gets."

Scarborough said that Trump confidantes agree with him that Trump has "mentally devolved."

"There is no doubt mentally, and maybe it’s the pressure of the campaign and this, everybody that’s known Trump for years says he has mentally devolved, and I just want to know when it’s safe to start talking about it and writing about it," he said.

Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson said mental health experts warned him that Trump's behavior would get worse.

"I mean, it’s just extraordinary. How much worse can it get?" he asked. "I fear it can get worse, and the people who are professionals in mental health frankly tell me this doesn’t get better. This probably won’t get better. It’s not going to resolve itself somehow. And as you said, he tends to want to escape the people who could keep him on the straight and narrow, so maybe we need to shut down Mar-a-Lago.”

During a conversation about Trump's retweets that caught the ire of British lawmakers, Deutsch went further, declaring that this behavior shows he's a "sociopath."

“And you know who does things without any thinking about repercussions?" he asked. "A sociopath.”

On Thursday, Scarborough said the 25th Amendment was created for situations like this.

"He is completely detached from reality, we had a New York Times and Washington Post piece saying so a couple of days ago, and the question is Mika," Scarborough said, "if this is not what the 25th Amendment was drafted for, I would like the cabinet members serving America, not serving the president" to act accordingly.

"He is completely detached from reality, we had a New York Times and Washington Post piece saying so a couple of days ago, and the question is Mika," Scarborough said, "if this is not what the 25th Amendment was drafted for, I would like the cabinet members serving America, not serving the president" to act accordingly.

On Friday, Scarborough was more circumspect, though still advocating for removing Trump from office.

“The 25th Amendment, again, Mika, it wasn’t put for a situation like this," Scarborough said. "It’s hard to wonder — it’s very complicated, but you do wonder."

https://news.grabien.com/story-morning-joe-ups-ante-calls-cabinet-led-coup-sociopath-trump

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump sparks fresh dementia concerns after he drinks small glass of water with two hands like a child - just days after he slurred his words during Jerusalem speech
  • Twitter went into meltdown on Monday after the president took an awkward swig of water while unveiling his new national security strategy
  • Trump cradled the glass in both hands, like a young child, for the sip
  • Move sparked concerns Trump may have a serious degenerative disorder which can cause shaky hands
  • Sandra F Woodward wrote that Trump 'holds that water glass like my 3 year old grandson. I really think Trump has dementia and is reverting 2 childhood action'
  • 'His motor skills are degenerating,' added Joseph Fedorko‏
  • In November, he picked up a bottle of Fiji water in both hands and sipped it awkwardly during a press conference at the White House
  • And earlier this month, speculation was rife after Trump began slurring through part of his speech announcing changes to America's Israel policy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5192867/Trump-seen-drinking-water-two-hands-like-child.html#ixzz51hnr09qo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
That's exactly what he was hired to do by the American people. Anyone who continues to align themselves with either the Republicans or the Democrats is part of the same problem the rest of us hired Trump to clean up!
Trump has no plans to "clean up" anything and he never did. He is surrounded by, and placed into positions of power, GS and MIC insiders. Those that aren't Wall Street crooks or military industry figures are criminals. He's draining the swamp of criminals to replace them with his own criminals.

Trump has not returned the nation's money to honesty, that right there is all you really need to know. But if you want more: his promises of making America great again were simply lies to get elected. RP had a 3 item platform to make America great again and not one of those 3 is anywhere near Trump's current plans.

I'm not saying Obama, Hillary and the Bush family aren't even worse criminals,... all I'm saying is we've elected a "suck-up to TPTB" criminal, instead of electing a "PTB hand picked" criminal.

I'll be honest. I used to think there were a few righteous individuals left, but I'm really starting to question that idea.
You were mis-founded to ever think that in the first place. This is not 1776. We live in a 100% fully corrupt world which is entirely controlled by an elite group of people that we don't even know their names. They control the CBs of the world and they can not be stopped. Politicians know the truth but are in this for their own greed and could care less what happens to the nation they are supposed to be stewards of.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
You were mis-founded to ever think that in the first place. This is not 1776. We live in a 100% fully corrupt world which is entirely controlled by an elite group of people that we don't even know their names. They control the CBs of the world and they can not be stopped. Politicians know the truth but are in this for their own greed and could care less what happens to the nation they are supposed to be stewards of.
First, mis-founded isn't a real word, but I think I know what you meant. Second, the world isn't 100% totally corrupted, yet. It seems to be on it's way, but some people are still fighting. You are making a mistake by giving over all power to evil, entirely. It's our job as decent men and women of good conscience to fight evil until death. I truly believe that. They might kill me, but I will spit on them while they're running a sword through my gut. At least that's the way I feel and believe about it. I don't care how all powerful they are.

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
First, mis-founded isn't a real word, but I think I know what you meant. Second, the world isn't 100% totally corrupted, yet. It seems to be on it's way, but some people are still fighting. You are making a mistake by giving over all power to evil, entirely. It's our job as decent men and women of good conscience to fight evil until death. I truly believe that. They might kill me, but I will spit on them while they're running a sword through my gut. At least that's the way I feel and believe about it. I don't care how all powerful they are.
Quoted for truth. I may not be the scraping young man I once was but I've made up for that in other ways. Let the pricks come. I have something very special for them. I won't go quietly and I'm not nearly the only one who feels this way either!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
MSNBC's ‘Morning Joe’: Trump Mentally Ill, Has Dementia; Remove Him From Office

By Susan Jones | November 30, 2017 | 7:06 AM EST

(CNSNews.com) - Declaring President Trump to be mentally unfit for office and in the early stages of dementia, the hosts of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Thursday said it is time for Trump's Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment, which allows for the president to be removed from office when “he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.”

The anti-Trump diatribe -- not too much different from those that occur daily on "Morning Joe" -- follows President Trump's tweet on Wednesday aimed at NBC executives and "Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough:

Trump tweeted: "So now that Matt Lauer is gone when will the Fake News practitioners at NBC be terminating the contract of Phil Griffin? And will they terminate low ratings Joe Scarborough based on the 'unsolved mystery' that took place in Florida years ago? Investigate!"

A 28-year-old intern was found dead, reportedly of natural causes, in Scarborough's Florida district office in 2001, two months after Scarborough announced his retirement from the U.S. Congress.

At the beginning of "Morning Joe" on Thursday, host Mika Brzezinski read from a "New York Daily News" editorial, which said, "Only those completely under his spell can deny what growing numbers of Americans have long suspected: The President of the United States is profoundly unstable. He is mad. He is by any honest layman's definition mentally unwell."

Brzezinski also quoted "New York Times" reporter Maggie Haberman, who said "something is unleashed with him lately. I don't know what's causing it. I don't know how to describe it."

Among the most recent criticisms of Trump: His feud with British Prime Minister Therea May over Trump's retweeting of "conspiracy theories," including videos posted by a British woman that purport to show Muslims killing Christians or attacking Christian symbols.

Scarborough said Trump's tweet about him is another "cruel" conspiracy theory:

"And this comes in the midst of a nuclear showdown with North Korea," Scarborough said. “So I'm just kind of wondering -- what's the Cabinet waiting for? What are Republicans in the House and Senate -- because it's never going to get more deadly serious than it is now."

Scarborough predicted that “America will survive this," but -- "at this particular moment...we are headed toward a nuclear showdown...We are closer to a war on the Korean Peninsula than most Americans know."

"If this is not what the 25th Amendment was drafted for -- I would like the Cabinet members, serving America, not the president, serving America ...you don't represent him," Scarborough continued.

"You represent 325 million people whose lives are literally in your hands, and we are facing a showdown with a nuclear power and you have somebody inside the White House that the New York Daily News says is mentally unfit; that people close to him say is mentally unfit; that people close to him during the campaign told me had early stages of dementia.

“When are we supposed to say this?” Scarborough asked. “After the first nuclear missile goes? Is that when it's proper to bring this up in polite society?"

As for Trump's tweet directed at Scarborough, his fiancé Mika Brzezinski read a statement that she said she wrote:

Today the president crossed another deep and disturbing line with his attacks on Joe. The chief law enforcement officer of the United States of America advanced a false conspiracy theory to intimidate the press and cause a chilling effect on the First Amendment.

Joe and I are not intimidated. And his bizarre behavior contravenes both the Constitution and basic moral judgment.

Brzezinski said that is all they would have to say on the matter.

For the record, CNN's "New Day" also discussed Trump's "grip on reality" with the co-author of Trump's book, "The Art of the Deal."

Vid at link: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...p-mentally-ill-has-dementia-remove-him-office
Notice how morning joe commenced to shut the fuck up when President Trump mentioned people might want to look into the case of the dead intern found in joe's congressional office?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-and-dead-woman-once-found-in-his-office.html

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Donald Trump’s Mental Faculties Continue to Erode
Kevin Drum
Dec. 29, 2017 11:49 AM

Mark Schmidt of the New York Times held an impromptu interview with President Trump at Mar-a-Lago yesterday, and there are takes galore lighting up the internet. Probably all of them are accurate, but for my money the main takeaway isn’t something you can illustrate with an excerpt from the interview. But I’ll try anyway:

SCHMIDT: What are you willing to do on infrastructure? How far are you willing to go? How much money?

TRUMP: I actually think we can get as many Democrat votes as we have Republican. Republicans want to see infrastructure. Michael, we have spent, as of about a month ago, $7 trillion in the Middle East. And the Middle East is worse than it was 17 years ago….And if you want $12 to fix up a road or a highway, you can’t get it…. I believe we can do health care in a bipartisan way, because now we’ve essentially gutted and ended Obamacare.

….Wait, wait, let me just tell you. … Also, beyond the individual mandate, but also [inaudible] associations. You understand what the associations are….So now I have associations….That’s gonna be millions and millions of people….Now I’ve ended the individual mandate. And the other thing I wish you’d tell people. So when I do this, and we’ve got health care, you know, McCain did his vote. … But what we have. I had a hundred congressmen that said no and I was able to talk them into it. They’re great people.

Two things: No. 1, I have unbelievably great relationships with 97 percent of the Republican congressmen and senators. I love them and they love me. That’s No. 1. And No. 2, I know more about the big bills. … [Inaudible.] … than any president that’s ever been in office. Whether it’s health care and taxes.

….I’ll tell you something [inaudible] … Put me on the defense, I was a great student and all this stuff. Oh, he doesn’t know the details, these are sick people….But Michael, I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than the greatest C.P.A. I know the details of health care better than most, better than most….I believe that because of the individual mandate and the associations, the Democrats will and certainly should come to me and see if they can do a really great health care plan for the remaining people.

This is a taste, but you have to read the whole interview to really get it. This simply is not a man in full control of his mental faculties. He’s always been narcissistic and blowhardish, but over the course of the interview he’s completely unable to stay focused on a topic for even a few seconds. He veers off into his Electoral College win constantly. He stops to insist there’s no Russian collusion at least a dozen times. He displays no knowledge of anything. It’s like talking to a third-grader.

I don’t know what’s going on with the guy, but even by Donald Trump standards he’s not all there. This is not someone who should be occupying the Oval Office.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/12/donald-trumps-mental-faculties-continue-to-erode/

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
"TRUMP: We’re going to win another four years for a lot of reasons, most importantly because our country is starting to do well again and we’re being respected again. But another reason that I’m going to win another four years is because newspapers, television, all forms of media will tank if I’m not there because without me, their ratings are going down the tubes. Without me, The New York Times will indeed be not the failing New York Times, but the failed New York Times. So they basically have to let me win. And eventually, probably six months before the election, they’ll be loving me because they’re saying, “Please, please, don’t lose Donald Trump.” O.K."

...uh yeah he sounds completely not insane.

One of the hacks trying to make our POTUS out to be a crackpot asked if he could record the conversation, but I couldn't find a link to the audio. Anyone else?

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Donald Trump’s Mental Faculties Continue to Erode
Kevin Drum
Dec. 29, 2017 11:49 AM

Mark Schmidt of the New York Times held an impromptu interview with President Trump at Mar-a-Lago yesterday, and there are takes galore lighting up the internet. Probably all of them are accurate, but for my money the main takeaway isn’t something you can illustrate with an excerpt from the interview. But I’ll try anyway:

SCHMIDT: What are you willing to do on infrastructure? How far are you willing to go? How much money?

TRUMP: I actually think we can get as many Democrat votes as we have Republican. Republicans want to see infrastructure. Michael, we have spent, as of about a month ago, $7 trillion in the Middle East. And the Middle East is worse than it was 17 years ago….And if you want $12 to fix up a road or a highway, you can’t get it…. I believe we can do health care in a bipartisan way, because now we’ve essentially gutted and ended Obamacare.

….Wait, wait, let me just tell you. … Also, beyond the individual mandate, but also [inaudible] associations. You understand what the associations are….So now I have associations….That’s gonna be millions and millions of people….Now I’ve ended the individual mandate. And the other thing I wish you’d tell people. So when I do this, and we’ve got health care, you know, McCain did his vote. … But what we have. I had a hundred congressmen that said no and I was able to talk them into it. They’re great people.

Two things: No. 1, I have unbelievably great relationships with 97 percent of the Republican congressmen and senators. I love them and they love me. That’s No. 1. And No. 2, I know more about the big bills. … [Inaudible.] … than any president that’s ever been in office. Whether it’s health care and taxes.

….I’ll tell you something [inaudible] … Put me on the defense, I was a great student and all this stuff. Oh, he doesn’t know the details, these are sick people….But Michael, I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than the greatest C.P.A. I know the details of health care better than most, better than most….I believe that because of the individual mandate and the associations, the Democrats will and certainly should come to me and see if they can do a really great health care plan for the remaining people.

This is a taste, but you have to read the whole interview to really get it. This simply is not a man in full control of his mental faculties. He’s always been narcissistic and blowhardish, but over the course of the interview he’s completely unable to stay focused on a topic for even a few seconds. He veers off into his Electoral College win constantly. He stops to insist there’s no Russian collusion at least a dozen times. He displays no knowledge of anything. It’s like talking to a third-grader.

I don’t know what’s going on with the guy, but even by Donald Trump standards he’s not all there. This is not someone who should be occupying the Oval Office.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/12/donald-trumps-mental-faculties-continue-to-erode/
Yet, he does/did all these rallies and speaks off the cuff for long periods of time and nobody has a bit of trouble understanding him. Not at all.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Wonder if they are poisoning him? Bastards will and have done everything.......
I would hope his security people are on top of every contingency. They have to know the level of desperation and wickedness they're dealing with.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It appears that Trump is as sane as any 70 year old on anabolic steroids. I am not saying he is or is not taking anything, but if it helps get our country through another day, whatever it takes. Not many 70 plus men have the stamina of our President. I know this from personal experience of being over 70.

In the mean time, quietly, behind the scenes, there is major shit going down and major arrests being made,

Many investigate reporters on YouTube have been tracking multiple flights going to GITMO on a daily basis.

An entire batallion of the Arizona National Guard have just been deployed to GITMO for 9 months.

Trump's Executive Order paves the way to Military style Tribunals.

We are winning.

Q

(Just kidding)

Last edited:

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
He's only one guy. How much can he do with a divided party? At least half of his own party are democrats in disguise. Trump getting elected was about stopping whatsherface and getting a decent SC pick. Anything more than that should be looked at as pure bonus.....
Happy with the status quo? Only one guy? Last I checked he is the self acclaimed leader of the free world who was going to make America great again. I already posted in another thread the things the POTUS could do to turn this nation around and NONE of those things are on the agenda and it's been 14 months! Face reality, I know it's bliss in the land of delusions, but here at this forum as well?

Quoted for truth. I may not be the scraping young man I once was but I've made up for that in other ways. Let the pricks come. I have something very special for them. I won't go quietly ...
You will go very, very quietly. What TPTB have planned for us is death by way of bio-warfare. Population reduction will be by way of very sophisticated, stealth diseases, of which TPTB will have all the vaccines in advance and we will not.

Wonder if they are poisoning him? Bastards will and have done everything.......
If they want to they can. Who knows? It's even possible they've already killed him and put their own look-alike in there. While I don't think this is the case, it is entirely possible.

FIrst, the dictionary will have words removed where we're headed. Some words will be made off-limits and then later removed. I'm adding and inventing words while I still have the freedom to do so.

Second, all military powers, all major industries, nearly all alternative media and all mainstream media, all the money in use today, all markets and all central gov'ts are 100% corrupt, if you round up from the 99.6% level. Anything that is not corrupt can be corrupted by TPTB with a simple 5 minute phone call.

Lastly, there will be no fight - TPTP have a plan to win which does not require a fight. If you want to do something, then further knowledge and truth to as many as you can, to those of confidence of course. This way some truth may be able to survive the non-fighting population reduction period which appears to be only a decade or two away.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Happy with the status quo? Only one guy? Last I checked he is the self acclaimed leader of the free world who was going to make America great again. I already posted in another thread the things the POTUS could do to turn this nation around and NONE of those things are on the agenda and it's been 14 months! Face reality, I know it's bliss in the land of delusions, but here at this forum as well?

You will go very, very quietly. What TPTB have planned for us is death by way of bio-warfare. Population reduction will be by way of very sophisticated, stealth diseases, of which TPTB will have all the vaccines in advance and we will not.

If they want to they can. Who knows? It's even possible they've already killed him and put their own look-alike in there. While I don't think this is the case, it is entirely possible.

FIrst, the dictionary will have words removed where we're headed. Some words will be made off-limits and then later removed. I'm adding and inventing words while I still have the freedom to do so.

Second, all military powers, all major industries, nearly all alternative media and all mainstream media, all the money in use today, all markets and all central gov'ts are 100% corrupt, if you round up from the 99.6% level. Anything that is not corrupt can be corrupted by TPTB with a simple 5 minute phone call.

Lastly, there will be no fight - TPTP have a plan to win which does not require a fight. If you want to do something, then further knowledge and truth to as many as you can, to those of confidence of course. This way some truth may be able to survive the non-fighting population reduction period which appears to be only a decade or two away.
Thank God we have you, FM, to explain to us all how hopeless it all is. I was thinking of resisting their complete tyranny. I was thinking of actually believing we still have a chance at some semblance of freedom and dignity. But, now, since you've explained to us that resistance is futile and TPTB will crush us all in the slimmest fraction of time when they have no further use for us, I'm going to quit looking after my health, I'm going to forget about liberty and I'm going to let my mind and body deteriorate, while I sit I front of the tv with a big can of Fosters in my hand, getting sloshed every night till they do us all in. Thank you for letting us know.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Thank God we have you, FM, to explain to us all how hopeless it all is. I was thinking of resisting their complete tyranny. I was thinking of actually believing we still have a chance at some semblance of freedom and dignity. But, now, since you've explained to us that resistance is futile and TPTB will crush us all in the slimmest fraction of time when they have no further use for us, I'm going to quit looking after my health, I'm going to forget about liberty and I'm going to let my mind and body deteriorate, while I sit I front of the tv with a big can of Fosters in my hand, getting sloshed every night till they do us all in. Thank you for letting us know.
You're welcome. Knowing the truth is a liberating feeling, I know. I also plan to fully enjoy myself in the short number of years I have left on this planet (although I'm not sure if I would recommend those specific details - but, um, whatever works for you.

Forum members might be confused how I can post about our impending doom and in the same hour post about the best way to get rich in the year upcoming. Seems counter-balanced, doesn't it? But my thinking is that if like minded, liberty loving, freedom fighting, brave, honest, insightful, GOD fearing people can just get a lot more wealth into their possessions then they'll have more time to spread the Word. This is where hope exists, fighting's not likely to work out.

JMHO, DYODD, Don't blame the messenger just because you don't like the message.

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
You're welcome. Knowing the truth is a liberating feeling, I know. I also plan to fully enjoy myself in the short number of years I have left on this planet. Forum members might be confused how I can post about our impending doom and in the same hour post about the best way to get rich in the year upcoming. Seems counter-balanced, doesn't it? But my thinking is that if like minded, liberty loving, freedom fighting, brave, honest, insightful, GOD fearing people can just get a lot more wealth into their possessions then they'll have more time to spread the Word. This is where hope exists, fighting's not likely to work out.

JMHO, DYODD, Don't blame the messenger just because you don't like the message.
I'll be honest, FM. I'm not fond of the message. No offence to you, though. I know there are some hideously dark forces at work in this world, far darker, actually than many people will admit to. And to be completely candid, you are probably right about the outcome of the decent human beings versus the forces of darkness. They're going to slaughter us, as many as possible, if it suits their purposes, as soon as it suits their purposes. My problem with it all is the lay down and die mentality that some folks seem to have about it and what I sensed in your post. I might have read you wrong. I'm no warrior, but I still find it utterly unacceptable to give up without some kind of fight. The Borg might seem completely invincible, but they aren't really. My apologies for responding in such a sarcastic fashion.

If godzilla is just about to step on you, don't just stand there and get squashed. If all you have is a Swiss army knife, stab him in the foot just before you get flattened. Maybe he'll get an infection and die.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'll be honest, FM. I'm not fond of the message. No offence to you, though. ...but I still find it utterly unacceptable to give up without some kind of fight. The Borg might seem completely invincible, but they aren't really. My apologies for responding in such a sarcastic fashion.
First, no apology required and I actually liked the sarcastic post. Maybe you remember from the GIM1 days, my style is to push the buttons and push them hard.

Second, you are totally correct. When you have the truth and good will on your side, individually you have already won. And if you can get a consensus going and really growing (we had one started in GIM1), even extracting the entire planet from human suffering can become possible. Nothing is off the table when it comes to the truth and good will in numbers.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
No doubt there are way too many people on this planet.

I was on West 47th Street in NYC waiting for someone to exit a building. I had to stand by the road facing the buildings just to keep a visual of when and where my buddy was going to pop out of a doorway and move on to the next office. There are always people on the sidewalks down in the diamond district but most hang by the doorways or up against the buildings.

So there I was, just minding my own business, constantly looking back and forth appearing to be scoping out the place. I was getting all kinds of strange looks from people which could be because I was wearing a recently purchased baseball cap to keep my head dry in the rain that is red and reads Make America Great Again when a guy walks up to me and says he thinks the rich are greedy and just want everything. I told him he should be more worried about how they think there are too many people on this planet consuming too limited resources. He looked surprised but concurred.

Dooms day may or may not come. It doesn't matter what a person does to prepare for death. It only matters what a person does with the short time they inhabit this planet. Man really isn't all that important anyway.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
No doubt there are way too many people on this planet.
At the risk of looking like a nut myself..........there are some peeps who'd like to remedy that situation (excluding themselves, 0f course.)

Apparently "they" want to "Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Personally I think "they" should lead from the front. Show us the way. Take the hemlock plunge.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I'm getting exactly what I expected with Trump. I never had any illusions that he's RP2.0 or anything like that. He was merely the best choice offered at the time.
...and yes, he is just one guy. He's not a dictator. All he can really do is sign (or not sign) legislation. He can also play the EO game. What exactly is it that you want him, on his own, to do?

Just be glad that you don't have Al Gore on the SC, single payer shoved down your throat, JBT's at your door wanting to collect your guns, and Bill as first husband.
Ie: try not to lose sight of the wonderful World we almost got.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Ever think that's why that big NWO lib was put in north of the border? How about the new "pope" that few Catholics approve of? We keep hearing how merkle has no approval yet she is still there along with the unwelcome.
At least we got the supreme court pick after they offed Scalia. We don't have killary in there either..... But yea it's fight or die. How much fight in a snowflake that don't know what bathroom to use?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
'What won't this man take credit for?' Jimmy Kimmel mocks Trump for falsely claiming that it has been the 'safest year on record' for airline travel and for tweeting his nuclear button is 'much bigger' than Kim Jong-Un's
  • Jimmy Kimmel mocked President Trump for taking credit for airline safety
  • Trump tweeted that it has been the 'best and safest year on record'
  • Kimmel pointed out that there had also been no deaths 2010-2016
  • Host also mocked Trump's tweet about the size of his nuclear button

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5231253/Kimmel-mock-Trump-falsely-claiming-safest-year-record.html#ixzz5387Q77ju
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Stop calling Trump insane

BY Allan Richarz
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 5:00 AM

During his time in office, President Trump’s mental health has been a frequent focal point for critics. His temperament, intelligence and even sanity have all been questioned.

But Democrats pathologize at their own peril. Simply writing off Trump as deranged based on nothing more than caricature ignores his shrewd political and media instincts, and that may well come to haunt Democrats in 2018 and beyond.

This strategic problem aside, it’s morally wrong to stigmatize mental health problems — and those who suffer from them — in the name of scoring cheap political points.

In October of last year, hundreds of psychologists marched against Trump, calling him a “malignant narcissist” among other diagnoses and, from afar, rendering him unfit for office. Earlier, psychologists penned open letters questioning the President’s mental health and offering their own diagnoses of Trump.

These, of course, are flagrant violations of the so-called “Goldwater Rule,” which prohibits psychologists from diagnosing those whom they have not actually met. Professionals abandoning their principles “because Trump” is a perfect microcosm of today’s political environment.

The media have joined the pile-on. After a New York Times interview last week, Ezra Klein of Vox declared “the President of the United States is not well.” After an impolitic tweet storm, the Daily News editorial page labeled Trump “profoundly unstable.” Journalists on Twitter frequently issue other harsh assessments of what they see as Trump’s mental incompetence.

Such casual dismissal of Trump’s capacity by those in no position to accurately make a judgment risks undoing the significant progress made by mental health advocates. It legitimizes juvenile gibes at one’s mental health as acceptable discourse.

Despite improvements in public perception, those with mental health issues are still misunderstood and marginalized. Indeed, it’s ironic that even as liberals haphazardly use the “insanity” card as a weapon, progressives like Mayor de Blasio and his wife, Chirlane McCray, miss few opportunities to scold those who stigmatize people who struggle with psychological conditions.

Democrats’ penchant for discarding this sensitivity in order to call Republican politicians crazy reveals just how shallow and opportunistic the line of attack is.

They use it a lot. President George W. Bush was widely derided during his time in office as a semiliterate rube. Ronald Reagan was mocked as mentally unfit, too. So was Barry Goldwater; that’s why the Goldwater Rule emerged. When he was the Republican nominee for President, Sen. John McCain’s temperament was a frequent target for critics, who tiptoed ever so close to calling him mentally unfit.

One hesitates to diagnose this seemingly irresistible compulsion among progressives to pathologize Republicans, but it has practical consequences.

Perhaps eager to assuage their cognitive dissonance at stinging electoral losses — how could bumbling Bush defeat the stately and erudite John Kerry, they ask — Democrats use their trick to delegitimize Republican rule, and conservative policies generally.

With a similarly dim view of many Republican voters, perhaps it provides some measure of comfort to see oneself as an island of sanity in a sea of NASCAR-loving hicks. Such a self-important view, however, is as they say, how you got Trump.

Indeed, GOP voters are frequently labeled as motivated by fear, rage or hate — irrational emotions ascribed that simply seek to delegitimize conservative opposition. If one’s beliefs are founded in the irrational, then they can simply be discarded like so much trash; no need for debate.

The result is Democrats developing their own strategic blind spots come election time. Democratic policies and candidates that should be vote winners — at least, according to disconnected academics and Washington elites — are treated as self-evident truths without much critical introspection.

Coupled with a tendency to “misunderestimate” their Republican presidential opponent, Democrats find themselves shocked when the likes of Bush or Trump prove to be shrewd operators and not dimwits or mental patients.

If Democrats have any hopes for 2018, they should start by abandoning the approach of attacking Trump’s mental health.

A man does not essentially single-handedly capture the White House after taking on both the Republican and Democratic establishments, and the media, without some modicum of cunning and intellect. While Trump’s bluster and stream-of-consciousness manner of speaking lends itself well to caricature, and his Twitter antics are most definitely unpresidential, it is only by treating Trump as a legitimate rival that Democrats have any hope of making inroads in 2018 and beyond.

Richarz is an attorney living in Tokyo.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/stop-calling-trump-insane-article-1.3733945

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump & Twitter: Donald's online crusade creates trouble offline
RT

Published on Jan 3, 2018
Be it Iran, Palestine or North Korea - President Trump has made Twitter his go-to platform to get his message across. But as RT's Igor Zhdanov explains all too often his posts lead to some very real and violent consequences.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Nobody seems to "get" that Trump is thought to be insane by the very people who stand to (shortly) lose the most in money/power/prestige/social standing and that they are so scared that the brown streaks in their skivvies have brown streaks. Then there's the bonus that no one is talking about...anyone notice how quiet Killary has been lately? Even the dumbass dems can see the shitstorm coming their way and dem RINOs are cowering too! Soon the holiday vacation will be over for the underworked and overpaid congresscritters and their return to the swamp will not be what they've come to expect. Mid-term elections this year will be quite painful for some and others will get deliveries from Pizzagate and turn in their resignations in the vain hope that they won't get their just desserts.

Yeah, if Trump is insane then let's join in the lunacy

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Yep, like Johnson turning millions of American black folks back into slaves with generational welfare. And American teachers unions teaching progressive garbage that has turned generations of kids into drugged non functioning idiots. Trapping college kids in massive student loans that only benefit banks for pie in the sky jobs that don't exist.
Or hussein obama and his democrats whipping the minority left into a violent rage to the point they are paralyzed with an inability to accept reality.

Lots of more subtle but equally damaging bullshit going on. Majority of it is and has been tied to the left.

:2 thumbs up:

Not sure I understand all the fuss about this man's first term ... I thought this is what so many of us wanted. He's thrown a YUGE wrench into the political shithole called congress. I do not give a damn about his personality. I don't care what he said in a men's locker room 20 years ago. He's an arrogant asshole - so what ?

As far as I'm concerned, it looks like everything's right on schedule. F*CK the rest of them.

FWIW

Trump's top 9 accomplishments of 2017
by Sarah Westwood and Gabby Morrongiello | Dec 28, 2017, 12:01 AM

President Trump in October said "perhaps no administration" had done more in its first nine months than his. That was before he succeeded in overhauling the decades-old tax code and repealing Obamacare's individual mandate.

Despite all the criticism Trump received during his first year in office for inflammatory tweets, West Wing feuds, controversial policies, and diplomatic stumbles, he will nevertheless enter year two with a laundry list of achievements.

Read more: Donald Trump's 2018 agenda

Below are nine major accomplishments the Trump administration saw in 2017:

1. Judicial appointments

President Trump shattered an all-time record earlier this month when the Senate confirmed his 12th federal appeals court nominee, marking the only time in history a U.S. president has made more than 11 appellate appointments during his first year in office.

With those appellate appointments, a new Supreme Court justice, and his investiture of several other low-court judges, Trump has rapidly and radically changed the federal judiciary this year. The president’s close relationship with conservative groups like the Heritage Foundation and Federalist Society has ensured that nearly all of his judicial nominees fit the mold of Justice Neil Gorsuch, a strict originalist who succeeded the iconic conservative Justice Antonin Scalia after being confirmed by the Senate last April.

“There’s been a serious effort to identify people who are seriously committed to doctrines and modes of analysis rather than just being seen as conservatives or Republicans,” Ilya Shapiro, a senior fellow at the Cato Institute wrote recently.

Many conservatives see the president’s judicial appointments as his biggest accomplishment yet, noting that Trump’s progress in this area will likely be the most enduring element of his post-presidential legacy. With 59 nominations (including U.S. Attorneys) and 19 confirmations in the Senate so far, even legal conservatives who begrudgingly voted for Trump are likely to be pleased.

2. Tax reform

Very few political strategists thought Trump could pass a tax bill earlier this fall after congressional Republicans failed to fulfill their promise of repealing and replacing Obamacare.

Months of intreparty squabbling, disagreements between Republican leaders and White House officials, and provocative tweets from the president ultimately doomed GOP efforts to undo healthcare law. But when it came to overhauling the tax code – a top priority for Trump and House Speaker Paul Ryan – things changed on Capitol Hill.

Stricter messaging by Trump and the threat of entering a midterm year without one major legislative victory led to the president’s signing of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Dec. 22. In addition to slashing the corporate tax rate from 35 to 21 percent, the landmark legislation cut individual rates for all income tax levels, doubled the child tax credit to $2,000, and dramatically increased the standard deduction.

In the end, the bill negotiated by House and Senate conferees and passed by Congress just before Christmas featured the largest tax cuts since 1986.

3. Individual mandate repeal

Through tax reform, Trump fulfilled another key campaign promise: repealing Obamacare’s individual mandate.

Senate Republicans included a measure to kill the mandate in their initial tax bill, paving the way for its subsequent inclusion in the final tax reform package that cleared the president’s desk. The mandate, which required Americans to carry health insurance or pay an annual penalty as part of Obamacare, was long seen by GOP voters as the worst element of the 2010 healthcare law.

Public opinion polls taken in the months leading up to the final healthcare vote showed between 51 and 65 percent of self-identified Republicans opposed the individual mandate.

The White House has already signaled its eagerness to undo the rest of the healthcare law when Trump returns to Washington for his second year in office.

4. Deregulation

During its monthslong legislative dry spell, the Trump administration touted deregulation as an area in which the president continued to make progress despite congressional gridlock.

Trump came into office promising to slash two existing regulations for each new one his administration enacts. The president has since said the White House beat its goal “by a lot” this year, as officials canceled or delayed more than 1,500 regulations in the first 11 months of Trump’s presidency.

The administration has said Trump ultimately cut 22 regulations for each new one enacted this year, saving taxpayers billions of dollars over the coming years.

Trump has repeatedly credited his deregulation push with the economic growth that has flourished during his first year in office.

5. Cutting government waste

Less than three months into his presidency, Trump issued an executive order directing every federal agency to determine “where money is being wasted [and] how services can be improved.” Though the order never set a desired number for the cuts, several Cabinet-level departments have since found ways to shrink their payroll and consolidate internal programs.

The most attention-grabbing reforms have occurred at the State Department, where Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has eliminated several coordinators for sanctions policy, offered early retirement incentives to hundreds of career employees, and promised to “redesign” the agency.

Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney has also been busy overseeing the reduction of duplicative programs and wasteful spending. His agency killed 59 guidance and policy documents in June that officials had deemed “obsolete” or inefficient.

Not everything Trump has done, however, has helped cut bureaucracy or reduce government spending. Both the president and several Cabinet secretaries have come under fire for continuing to live lavish lifestyles – sometimes on the taxpayer dime. Department of Air Force records obtained last week by the conservative group Judicial Watch showed that American taxpayers paid approximately $6.6 million just in airfare this year for Trump to visit his Mar-a-Lago club in West Palm Beach, Fla.

And it’s hard to forget former Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price, whom the president fired in late September after he was caught chartering private planes on the federal dime.

6. Travel ban

Despite initially attracting criticism from across the political spectrum for its botched rollout, Trump’s so-called travel ban scored a major victory later this year when the Supreme Court ruled to allow the entire policy to take effect.

The administration was forced to revise the policy in September following several lawsuits in federal court and a partial ruling by the Supreme Court. Administration officials added North Korea, Venezuela, and Chad to its list of countries from which immigrants would temporarily be blocked from entering the U.S., and removed Sudan. The original ban had drawn scrutiny from liberal critics of the administration for imposing a “religious test,” as it exclusively targeted seven Muslim-majority countries: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, and Yemen.

Such legal complaints — brought by the state of Hawaii and the American Civil Liberties Union — failed to hold up when the revised version of the ban came before the nine-member Supreme Court in early December. Despite previous moves by lower-court judges to limit its scope, the high court permitted the updated ban to be implemented pending appeal.

“The Constitution and acts of Congress confer on the President broad authority to prevent aliens abroad from entering this country when he deems it in the nation’s interest,” U.S. Solicitor General Noel Francisco had argued in court papers ahead of the decision.

7. Defeating the Islamic State

Trump repeatedly credited his decision to ease restrictions on the rules of engagement with the military’s victory over the Islamic State in key strongholds this year.

When U.S.-backed coalition forces drove Islamic State fighters from their headquarters in Raqqa, Syria in October, the White House highlighted Trump’s efforts to give commanders on the ground more decision-making authority than his predecessor gave them. The liberation of Raqqa marked a pivotal moment in the war against the Islamic State.

Critics have claimed the defeat of the Islamic State came as a result of the strategy Trump’s predecessor put in place. However, the Trump administration made a series of strategic decisions that supporters say made the difference in the years-long battle against the extremist group in Iraq and Syria.

For example, Trump decided in March to arm the Syrian Kurds in their fight against the Islamic State, a move the Obama administration had considered but never executed due to Turkey’s strong objections. The Trump administration has since pulled support from the group.

The terror organization saw its numbers and territorial holdings decimated this year. A U.S-led coalition helped to free Mosul from the Islamic State in July, a victory that denied the extremist group the largest city under their control. In early October, coalition forces notched another victory when 1,000 Islamic State fighters surrendered as Iraqi Security Forces closed in on Hawija, the last of the terror group’s strongholds in Iraq.

8. Recognition of Jerusalem

Despite pressure to preserve a status quo that his predecessors had left untouched for decades in Israel, Trump made waves on the international stage this month when he formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and announced plans to move the U.S. embassy there from its present location in Tel Aviv.

Trump had vowed as a presidential candidate to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, and the White House framed his decision in early December as the fulfillment of a campaign promise. But administration officials also characterized the move as a natural step for a president who ascribes to a no-nonsense worldview, given the reality that Israel’s government is located in the city it has long recognized as its own capital.

Former presidents from Bill Clinton to Barack Obama had granted waivers that allowed the U.S. embassy in Israel to remain in Tel Aviv despite legislation Congress passed in 1995 that required the embassy to move to Jerusalem. Previous administrations cited concerns about the effects such a move would have on the Israeli-Palestinian peace process when delaying the embassy relocation effort for more than 20 years.

Trump, however, decided he could not sign the second waiver to arrive at his desk since taking office without signaling a policy change toward Jerusalem. Although Trump’s critics warned that his recognition of the contested city as Israel’s capital would spark violence and instability across the Arab world, the administration ultimately calculated that the move was worth any potential backlash.

Addressing criticism of the policy change in a speech earlier this month, Trump questioned why his administration should deny Israel recognition of its capital in an effort to preserve peace talks when years of following that exact strategy had yielded no progress.

9. Withdrawal from Paris climate agreement

Trump’s decision in June to pull the U.S. out of a sweeping international climate pact drew some of the loudest and most pointed criticisms from his liberal detractors to date. Proponents of the climate deal claimed the U.S. would forever lose prestige in the global community if it walked away from the agreement, which former President Obama had negotiated without congressional input.

But Trump ultimately followed through on a campaign promise to withdraw from the agreement despite objections from several of his closest advisers. The internal negotiations pitted his daughter and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, against some of his more populist advisers, such as then-chief strategist Steve Bannon and EPA chief Scott Pruitt.

The outcome of the battle behind closed doors in the West Wing was viewed at the time as a major victory for the nationalist wing of the White House staff, which had counseled Trump not to cave under pressure to soften his hardline position on the Paris deal by simply criticizing it or offering to renegotiate it.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trumps-top-9-accomplishments-of-2017/article/2644478