• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Is Trump A Good Guy? Bad Guy? Political Genius? A Nut?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
One thing is clear... the left have no lack of 'stuff' to complain about.

Trump is giving them more 'stuff' than they know what to do with and as long as they keep at it, they aren't paying attention to what he's getting done...

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Trump is giving them more 'stuff' than they know what to do with and as long as they keep at it, they aren't paying attention to what he's getting done...
Shhhh!!! We really don't want them to know until they are all transported to GITMO.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Shhhh!!! We really don't want them to know until they are all transported to GITMO.
Be interesting to know how many peeps are following this like it's a soap opera.

Like the sands through the hour glass so are "The Days Of Donald Trump"

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

winner3.gif
winner3.gif
winner3.gif

And the leftists have zero clue he is doing this on purpose.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I'm not settling for 90% of my wealth
Even Ron Paul himself wouldn't have gotten you 100% of it.

Instead of spending all day on twitter, he could actually tell the truth about the situation in our nation, about the MIC, the IRS, State's rights and about who is really in charge.
Are you trying to get the guy killed?

Thanks for declaring that I'm personally flawed..
You're not personally flawed, just someone with unrealistically high expectations. See, the way to look at MAGA is that he will make America greater than she would.
...and really, just keeping expectations realistic allow for the occasional pleasant surprise.When you go in with the highest of expectations, you're only leaving room to be disappointed.

Here's how I saw the point of Trump being POTUS. 1. She's not in. #2 We get a decent SC pick and maybe two more. #3 Anything beyond #1 and #2 is bonus.
...and right now I'm a fairly happy camper.

Be interesting to know how many peeps are following this like it's a soap opera.
I'd say equal amounts on both sides.

Last edited:

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Trump's mental health and why people are discussing it
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42580762
If they are thinking and pointing at repetition in Trump's rallies and speeches, they are way off base.
I've had professors who repeated a lot more in order to have truth penetrate our thick skulls. Trump repeats truths that his audiences must understand. We are at WAR. Our opponents have repeated and repeated LEFTESTS doctrines to our children and our children's children. I have employees in their 20's, who need to be repeated to and repeated to in order to break out of the daily programming they received on the first day they could hear the droning of the TV from their cribs.
Trump needs to repeat and repeat constitutional values and ethics to reverse this leftest doctrine that has been implanted in our children's minds. Oops, I think I repeated myself.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Trump's mental health and why people are discussing it
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42580762
From said 'article'...

"Mr Trump causes severe distress rather than experiencing it and has been richly rewarded, rather than punished, for his grandiosity, self-absorption and lack of empathy," he wrote.

But some have suggested that Mr Trump may have symptoms which would point to Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD).

People with this condition often show some of the following characteristics, according to Psychology Today:

• Grandiosity, a lack of empathy for other people and a need for admiration
  • They believe they are superior or may deserve special treatment
  • They seek excessive admiration and attention, and struggle with criticism or defeat
But the man who wrote the diagnostic criteria for NPD, Allen Frances, said a lack of obvious distress stopped him from saying Mr Trump had the condition.

I don't get it... Throughout history great leaders have had a narcissistic personality (it's not a 'disorder' btw) and have done many great things.

I think the real discussion is hiding behind 10,000 sealed indictments that are getting close to the source and they are FREAKING OUT because they know the laws they've been breaking and don't like the idea of GITMO any more than we do!

Psychology is a 'soft' science, i.e., a bunch of made up maladies. Believe it at your peril.

I too lack 'empathy' mostly because I don't give a shit about most people. I like admiration too! I am better than most folks. Criticize me all you want, I don't care.

So, sue me!

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner

I too lack 'empathy' mostly because I don't give a shit about most people. I like admiration too! I am better than most folks. Criticize me all you want, I don't care.

So, sue me!
Making America Great Again, One Lawsuit at a Time.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Let see here, ye of short memory. Now who's got a problem? Seems the media is high on my list of mental cases & that is why everyone has tuned them out, turned them off, don't read their papers or believe any of their propaganda except weak minded lemmings. Like everything it seems they want it both ways.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

July 28, 2016
How many times did Obama refer to himself while praising Hillary at the DNC?
By Thomas Lifson
Skilled Obama watchers know that the real subject of any Obama speech is his own magnificence. But in case you weren’t clicking a counter held in your hand to note every time the first-person pronoun appeared in a speech by Obama ostensibly about someone else, the good folks at Grabien put together a compilation video. The total: 119 times

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As Grabien chronicled, those 119 self-references surpass the 76 times he referenced himself in his 33-minute gun control speech on Jan 5, 2016, the 28 times he brought himself up in a 12-minute speech following a mass shooting Oct 1, 2015, and just barely edges the incredible 118 times he talked about ol' Barry in a 33-minute speech in India on Jan. 27, 2015. Narcissism or just an acknowledgment that the only positive thing he's ever really had is his personal likability? Why not both?

By Dana Milbank Opinion writer December 1, 2015
Let’s not mince words: Donald Trump is a bigot and a racist.

New Trump ad: 'The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic' ... 'people like you'

By Barbara Morrill
Monday Sep 12, 2016 · 9:33 AM EDT

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Election Day was an ugly victory for racism, sexism, and bigotry over harmony, inclusion, and decency. But the exit polling and electoral returns show that Donald Trump owes his improbable win less to prejudice and intolerance than to visceral populist anger that went unnoticed or unheeded by far too many Democrats.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Open question, how do you tell is any politician is nuts, senile, or demented, in D.C., how would you know?

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Donald Trump 'tells his golf buddies that the White House is a real dump and that's why he spends so many of his weekends away from Washington'
  • Trump is said to have made the comments to some of his patrons at his club in Bedminster, New Jersey before a recent round of golf
  • The claims were published in a lengthy article by Golf Magazine on Tuesday
  • Trump reportedly told the members he makes such frequent appearances at the property in Bedminster because: 'That White House is a real dump'
  • The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment
  • Trump has spent nearly every weekend of his presidency visiting various properties he owns and leases, including Bedminster
  • Trump has spent 58 of his 193 days in office away from the White House at his own properties

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4752018/Trump-tells-golf-buddies-White-House-real-dump.html#ixzz4obX04F3f
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
And he makes a ton of money charging the Secret Service top rates while they protect him...http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40829550

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Open question, how do you tell is any politician is nuts, senile, or demented, in D.C., how would you know?
Don't really know if he's actually nuts but some of the stuff he does isn't exactly normal for someone in his position.

On a different note...........labeling someone a nut can go a long way when you want someone outta the picture.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
You can picture the leftists shatting themselves in frustration..........
Boss level trolling!

Donald Trump Defends Mental Health: I Am a ‘Smart’ and ‘Very Stable Genius’

Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

by CHARLIE SPIERING6 Jan 201816,852

“Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart,” President Donald Trump wrote on Twitter on Saturday morning.
Trump accused Democratic opponents of his presidency and “the fake news mainstream media” of trying to use mental health questions to challenge him as they did with Ronald Reagan.

“I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star, to President of the United States (on my first try),” Trump wrote. “I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius….and a very stable genius at that!”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/06/trump-defends-mental-health-smart-stable-genius/

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Drama intensifies in soap opera starring Donald Trump & mainstream media
RT

Published on Jan 8, 2018
In a Tweet, Trump said he's had to put up with fake news ever since he announced his bid for the presidency - and that now he was having to deal with a Fake Book. Earlier, he also promised to announce a special award for fake news...

The ceremony was scheduled for this Monday - but now it's been postponed for next week.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Crazy............aren't we all a little nuts?

Insane......................No.

Could it be that Trump has surrounded his self with some of the worst people possible?

Could it also be he simply isn't used to dealing with people and situations he can't control?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Crazy............aren't we all a little nuts?

Insane......................No.

Could it be that Trump has surrounded his self with some of the worst people possible?

Could it also be he simply isn't used to dealing with people and situations he can't control?
No. Look back at the treatment of past republican presidents/congressmen/governors etc take your pick.

When the leftists are not getting their way and they cannot destroy the man with made up sex smears and fantasy reports of corruption they claim he is nuts. This is always their last ditch fall back attack mode.

"If the fecker doesn't bend to our will and we can't destroy him, obviously he is crazy."

Tired old boring ass shit tactics used every time. No imagination, no creativity nothing new.
And it ain't going to work.

And this President fights back so he will use their attacks as a club and beat them over the head.

.:2 thumbs up:

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Fake news is the definition & known world wide. Trump pivots it to a fake book and in a heartbeat puts more mud on more fake "journalism". GENIUS!
msm don't comprehend "fly over country" ain't buyin their BS.

These are the same people that told us this was a blessing to the country.

And this was in any way shape or form desirable......

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
What ought to scare the leftists the most is their glaring lack of intelligence is being put under the spotlight.
These people are supposed to be the intellectuals, the highest educated most worldly people in any group.

And they are dopes. People see them pulling all of the tired old props out and this time they getting their faces rubbed in it.
Hillary clinton made out to be the smartest woman in the world, hussein obama so so smart we swoon at his feet.
Both of thses dolts and the media that made them are being shown to be the exact opposite.

People who think they are smarter than everybody else cannot take being laughed at. It is part of the torture I talk about, it makes them crazy. Everybody from bus boys to wall street traders are laughing at hussein. hillary and the media.

And it only gets worse for them after this. .o_O

.MAGA!

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Trumps trail of appointments shows a trend of appointing those people who are his stealth opponents. Flynn, Maddis, Pence, Sessions. This is not because he is an idiot. It is because of 3 major factors:
1) Keep your friends close and your enemies closer
2) One does NOT really do one's best when surrounded by "yes men". You need men of testicular fortitude willing to stand for their own convictions and you have to try many to find those few who are able to fill this role.
3) Give your opponents EVERY opportunity to "get right" or to do themselves in. Either way, YOU win.

Politicians are incompetents (see: ANY gov program or office). Like monkeys, they're good at slinging poo but anything beyond that they are simply out of their league. Like monkeys, you get them riled up and they either panic and go berzerk or just go berzerk immediately. Either way they are totally out of control and achieve little and so continue on being monkeys. Chimps and chumps whose only concern is a fully belly, a piece of ass and their place in the pecking order. Trump is 71. He has had MANY successful businesses and has EVERY type of ambition and has had to deal with them all. Even on his TV show his hallmark phrase was "You're FIRED!" Underperformance is NOT accepted. How does this affect incompetents? Yes, even Alpha Idiots get shown the door. In the US government elections are lost by a lack of votes and not by the dismissal by the president. Mid-terms elections are right around the corner. Appointed positions can be dismissed by the president...

Next there's the question of ILLEGAL activities. Trump has done a fine job of gathering and documenting EVIDENCE. The question at this point is, will Jeff Sessions actually stick his hand in his pants and find his balls? Or, does he already have his hand on them and is waiting for the appropriate time to use them? Taking down the Clinton Criminal Cabal will affect so much beyond the borders of the US. Certainly justice for America IS the priority, however, what the Clintons did will affect international relations in a far-reaching way once their activities are brought to light and the gov needs to prepare for this to whatever degree possible. There will also be many corporate and institutional repercussions right here in America. In all it's going to be both painful and quite messy, similar to lancing and draining a massive boil/absess. Once Killary is cuffed and she realizes the extent of the evidence she will feign illness and Bill will feign support for her. Others will try a similar delay tactic and fail. While still others will actually fall ill and die...strokes, heart attacks and perhaps even suicides.

Trump will be despised but ultimately respected. In the mean time the questions of his mental soundness will be defeated but the questions will linger in the background. The failure of the sanity ploy by the left will most likely result in assassination attempts against Trump which will also fail and put the CIA/DHS under a microscope and more heads will roll. This will all take time measured in years to finally drain the swamp. Who knows? Maybe we'll even get a wall on the southern border and can finally welcome ALL Mexicans and South Americans who come to the Estados Unitas legally. By then maybe the government can concoct a reasonable immigration law and policy.

The last and largest fly in the ointment here remains the economy. Claims of an improving jobs outlook and lower unemployment are ALL BS. Remember boys and girls the gov is still using their meaningless metrics to support this fairy tale. Not everyone can be, wants to be or is needed to be a college graduate. A master's degree is NOT needed to flip burgers or man the counter at the convenience store. The US absolutely MUST produce goods to provide something close to "full employment". So much absolutely has to change before this can occur. In the mean time the largest generation is and will continue to be retiring and passing on. I hope you old guys realize that the oldest of our children, the GenXers(?) will be turning something like 53 this year. GenX came after the Boomers, right? Anyway, amazing our children are already at or nearing this age. Much more to overcome and much more to change before American can be truly great again, Still, it's good we're at least moving in that direction.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump spokesman insists the president is 'sharp as a tack' despite media's 'repugnant' mental health claims but the White House says his physical on Friday WON'T include time with a psychiatrist to prove it
  • A White House spokesman said Monday that the president's physical on Friday won't include a mental health exam
  • But he's 'sharp as a tack,' the spokesman insisted, despite the media's 'repugnant' attempts to cast Trump as a man who's lost his marbles
  • Joe Scarborough said The Washington Post has censored his attempts to write in his column about claims that Trump has dementia
  • Author Michael Wolff wrote in 'Fire and Fury' that most of Trump's inner circle believes he has symptoms of dementia
  • DailyMail.com asked Trump in 2015 about his father's battle with Alzheimer's Disease; he said then that his dad was 88 when he was diagnosed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5248131/Trumps-physical-WONT-include-mental-health-evaluation.html#ixzz53daBjdfB

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump vs. Deep State: Who’s Fit for Office?
TheJohnBirchSociety

Published on Jan 8, 2018
With President Trump’s fitness being questioned, the Deep State is kicking into high gear to ensure that America First becomes Globalism First. We discuss this as well as what you can do in this episode of Analysis Behind the News.

Please be sure to follow-up on the action items, as well as share this with all your friends and family!

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
6 broken ribs...
Could it be that TPTB sending him a message? Don't ever become like Dad.

Also, I didn't exactly see him use any terms similar to "DT political brilliance" Is that your interpretation of the video, ssearcher?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
6 broken ribs...
Could it be that TPTB sending him a message? Don't ever become like Dad.

Also, I didn't exactly see him use any terms similar to "DT political brilliance" Is that your interpretation of the video, ssearcher?

Don't think TPTB had anything to do with the attack. Over the years I've seen people get nuts and go after people for all sorts of reasons........some real, some imagined. Sometimes booze or drugs were involved. So who knows? Maybe something will come out at the cat's trial..........if there is one.

When he talked about Trump he said Trump had great insight. Also said that Trump had the where-with-all to do things other politicians won't do. I take it he thinks Trump is smart and has balls. And no matter what you personally think about the guy you have to give him credit where credit is due. He sure as shit didn't get to where he is without being smart and having a set of cojones.

On a different note........being smart and having a set doesn't exempt someone from being nuts. Gonna have to wait a while to see how this all plays out. In the mean time I'll post all sides. Wouldn't be right to simply post negative stuff. Especially when there are some pretty dirty, crooked and corrupt slime balls who want Trump gone least they be exposed for what they really are.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
'Mouth agape, thousand-yard stare going': Trump stokes further dementia fears after appearing to forget the words and bumbling through the National Anthem at College Football Championship
  • Donald Trump attended the College Football Playoff National Championship Game between Alabama and Georgia on Monday night
  • During the National Anthem, Trump appeared to struggle with the words
  • Twitter was quick to take Trump - who has been a vocal critic of football players who do not stand for the National Anthem - to task
  • Tweeters also debated whether it was another possible sign of dementia
  • The public debate about Trump's mental health has intensified in the face of author Michael Wolff's assertion that he is increasingly forgetful
  • Trump is 71; his father Fred developed Alzheimer's in his 80s

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5248885/Trump-EVISCERATED-Twitter-National-Anthem-mumbling.html#ixzz53gRGREFA

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Rand Paul on Donald Trump's Politcal Brilliance
Rand Paul

Published on Jan 7, 2018
Check out Rand Paul's website here▼
http://www.paul.senate.gov/
If he ever had any doubt, Senator Paul now knows this is a fight to the death against the insane left.
There is no kind of or maybe these dangerous lunatics need to be totally destroyed. They will never stop.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
If he ever had any doubt, Senator Paul now knows this is a fight to the death against the insane left.
There is no kind of or maybe these dangerous lunatics need to be totally destroyed. They will never stop.

Been reading about the last days of the Obama White House. Total chaos and panic. Seems like a lot of effort was being put into cleaning up a lotta stuff certain people didn't want the American public to know about.

How Hillary & Bill Clinton, Loretta Lynch and James Comey haven't been indicted for crimes boggles my mind. Where is Jeff Sessions on all of this? And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Been reading about the last days of the Obama White House. Total chaos and panic. Seems like a lot of effort was being put into cleaning up a lotta stuff certain people didn't want the American public to know about.

How Hillary & Bill Clinton, Loretta Lynch and James Comey haven't been indicted for crimes boggles my mind. Where is Jeff Sessions on all of this? And this is just the tip of the iceberg.
What would be the best outcome in a situation where the top people in a past administration are all proven to be/have been totally corrupt to the point of sedition and treason? Several costly drawn out public trials that will only divide the country more and spark sympathy that would be broadcast 24/7 by leftist media?

Or some version of this.

Put hillary or hussein on public trial and there will be pussy hatted leftist loons in the streets daily for months.

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Several costly drawn out public trials?
Not going to happen but I'd like to see them exposed for who and what they are. Find out the damage that's been done to the US and the taxpayers and try to undo it.

Find out what kid of laws were passed to help big business and foreign powers at the expense of the American taxpayer and then undo them.

Find out how deep the rat hole is then get rid of the rats.

As for cost............anyone involved in screwing over the American people would end up pennyless. They'd be paying the tab.

Time to get back to reality. Feeling much better now.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Not going to happen but I'd like to see them exposed for who and what they are. Find out the damage that's been done to the US and the taxpayers and try to undo it.

Find out what kid of laws were passed to help big business and foreign powers at the expense of the American taxpayer and then undo them.

Find out how deep the rat hole is then get rid of the rats.

As for cost............anyone involved in screwing over the American people would end up pennyless. They'd be paying the tab.

Time to get back to reality. Feeling much better now.
The first big one that accidentally drives full speed into a highway abutment will set off a chain reaction.

.:2 thumbs up:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
tjeffers6 minutes ago
Trump is genius. Liberals have no clue what happened yesterday.
BINGO, tjeffers.

The leftists and the RINO's got played, owned, and taken to the cleaners yesterday. Here is a president the left and their deepstate run media are trying to convince the world is unstable and crazy, and he got all of them in the same room and patiently, calmly, politely moderated a debate on immigration live on teevee for all to see.
He was the adult in the room while the children bickered.
And republicans do not need a single demonrat vote to pass any bill they want.

Now who looks like they are senile and/or crazy?

Trump’s TV-Show Exposes Democrat Weakness, GOP Unity, in Amnesty Fight

Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

by NEIL MUNRO9 Jan 20184,333

President Donald Trump’s riveting spectacle of televised bipartisanship exposed the Democrats’ political weakness in the amnesty debate — and also revealed remarkable GOP unity on the goal of ending the nation’s chain-migration system.
Time after time, Democrats pleaded for a quick passage of unpopular ‘dreamer’ amnesty while also promising a later-meaning-never debate over popular immigration reforms, such as the elimination of the visa-lottery and the chain-migration system, which doubles the annual inflow of legal immigrants.

Time after time, in contrast, GOP leaders wrapped themselves in sympathy for the 670,000 DACA illegals while insisting that Congress must implement Trump’s popular policies by ending the huge visa-lottery and chain-migration programs which are slowly but steadily freezing Americans’ wages while turning Republican states blue.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...es-democrat-weakness-gop-unity-amnesty-fight/

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I heard quite a bit of that on the radio. He sounded, just like he said, stable and genius. What did Adams call him, VSGPOTUS.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Most Americans believe Trump is not fit to be president - with seven in 10 saying he is not level-headed
  • President Donald Trump's exclamation that he's a 'very stable genius' did little to shore up voters' confidence in his fitness for office
  • Nearly seven in 10 voters - 69 percent of the American public - told pollsters Trump is not level-headed; another 57 percent said he's not fit for office
  • Author Michael Wolff wrote in 'Fire and Fury' that most of Trump's inner circle believes he has symptoms of dementia
  • He's 'sharp as a tack,' at Trump spokesman insisted on Monday, despite what he called 'repugnant' attempts to cast Trump as a man who's lost his marbles
  • Trump's father had Alzheimer's; president who is 71 says his dad was 88 when he was diagnosed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5256559/Most-Americans-believe-Trump-not-level-headed.html#ixzz53pVv2ijU

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
The ‘genius’ of Trump: What the president means when he touts his smarts

The Washington Post
Marc Fisher
11 hrs ago

The genius in the White House has always believed that what makes him special is his ability to get things done without going through the steps others must take.

In school, he bragged that he'd do well without cracking a book. As a young real estate developer, his junior executives recalled, he skipped the studying and winged his way through meetings with politicians, bankers and union bosses. And as a novice politician, he scoffed at the notion that he might suffer from any lack of experience or knowledge.

So when President Trump tweeted last weekend that he "would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!" it was consistent with a pattern of asserting that he will do this his way, without bending to expectations about what constitutes proper presidential behavior.

The tweet, issued in response to a new book that suggests his closest advisers doubt his mental stability, not only doubled down on his belief that smashing conventions is the path to success but also underscored his lifelong conviction that he wins when he's the center of attention. In the ceaseless battle of life, Trump made clear by claiming the title of genius that he won't give way to those who believe he doesn't belong at the top.

"There is a certain kind of genius to winning the presidency like it was an entry-level job," said Dave Shiflett, the co-writer of Trump's first book about his political views, "The America We Deserve," which was published in 2000. "To go into those campaign rallies with just a few notes and connect with people he wasn't at all like, that takes a certain genius. His genius is he'll say anything to connect with people. He won by telling the rally crowds that the people who didn't like them also didn't like him."

To many people who worked with Trump throughout his career, last week's tweets — and Tuesday's virtually unprecedented Cabinet Room reality show, in which the president conducted an on-camera negotiation about immigration policy with stunned congressional Republicans and Democrats — were familiar tactics: a bold, even brazen, drive to put on a show and make himself the star.

Even when he is not overtly trying to win attention, his natural instinct — a form of genius to some, a sign of instability to others — is to choose the unfiltered path, as he did Thursday, when he told senators during a White House discussion about immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and some African nations that the United States should bring in people from countries like Norway, not from "shithole countries." Although Trump on Friday appeared to deny having used that vulgarity, he tweeted that he did use "tough" language — a long-standing point of pride for the president, whose political ascent was fueled by his argument that, as a billionaire, he is liberated to say what some other Americans only think.

From his earliest days in the real estate business, Trump boasted frequently about being smart, said Barbara Res, who was Trump's top construction executive when he built Trump Tower on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue in the 1980s.

"He needed to be stroked all the time and told how smart he was," she said. "Every decision process was clouded by his sense that he knows more than anybody else. But you could work with that: The way we got things done was to approach him with an idea and make him think it was his. It was so easy."

Res added: "Donald was always a forest person; he never knew anything about the trees. He knew concrete was brought in on trucks, but he really didn't know how to run a project. What he had was street smarts — good instincts about people."

Those instincts did not always bring about stellar results, as Trump's enterprises suffered a series of bankruptcies and other setbacks from the 1990s through the years before he entered politics.

Those who have watched Trump for decades say he has always encouraged people around him to view him as someone who could see things that others could not. A.J. Benza, a former journalist who covered Trump for many years in New York and in 2001 had a public spat with him when Trump began going out with Benza's girlfriend, said that Trump often talked about being the smartest guy in the room.

"He never meant 'book genius' when he said it," said Benza, who now hosts "Fame is a Bitch," a podcast about celebrity. "He means, okay, he didn't hit the brains lottery, but he's brilliant and cunning in the way he operates. He's amazing at taking the temperature of the room and knowing how to appease everyone. You want that kind of instinct in your quarterbacks, in your generals. It's not what we've ever thought of as what makes a great president, but he's never going to be the guy who makes great speeches. This is who he is."

Being something of a genius was central to Trump's self-image, his former executives said. Everyone around him learned to cater to that — even his father, who trained Trump to follow in his footsteps as a developer.

In the first major newspaper profile of Trump, in the New York Times in 1976, his father, Fred Trump, describes his son as "the smartest person I know."

Throughout his life, Donald Trump has believed that his instincts and street smarts positioned him to succeed where others might struggle. At the University of Pennsylvania, he concluded that "there was nothing particularly awesome or exceptional about my classmates" in the real estate division of the Wharton School's business program, Trump later wrote in one of his books. "Perhaps the most important thing I learned at Wharton was not to be overly impressed by academic credentials."

Res said that Trump often bragged that he was "first" in his class in the Wharton program or that he was a "top student" there, but his name does not appear in the school's honor roll, and classmates recalled him as someone who skated by doing little work. "He did what it took to get through the program," classmate Louis Calomaris told The Washington Post in 2016.

His father often told Trump that "you are a king," instructing him to "be a killer." Fred Trump was a student of Dale Carnegie, the evangelist of success through self-improvement, and an acolyte of Norman Vincent Peale, the New York minister who preached a gospel of positive thinking.

Never a strong student, Donald Trump said that he came to believe he did not need to study as others did to make their way in the business world. Rather, he believed he had the inherent smarts to make the right decisions. "I know in my gut," he said in an interview last year. "I know in 30 seconds what the right move is."

But that instinct was undermined, according to several former Trump executives, by his Lone Ranger style: "He can't collaborate with anybody because he doesn't listen to anybody," Res said. "He doesn't trust anybody, except his family. That's why [his former wife] Ivana was involved in everything and why now his children are, too."

Trump said his father taught him about the mechanics of real estate development, as well as the softer skill of massaging the political system on behalf of his building projects. But he also believed he had something more: a genius for showmanship, a knack for surrounding himself with the trappings of success, thereby creating the perception that he was uniquely capable of big, bold action.

Genius and ego were essential elements of success on a grand scale, Trump said. He told an interviewer in 1990 that every great person, including Jesus and Mother Teresa, found the path to success via ego: "Far greater egos than you will ever understand," he said.

"I believe in being prepared and all that stuff," Trump told biographer Michael D'Antonio. "But in many respects, the most important thing is an innate ability. I'm a big believer in natural ability," which, Trump said, he had "always had."

Throughout his business career, Trump expressed deep skepticism of book learning, scoffing at the notion that academics were smarter than others, contending instead that his instincts would prevail over those who studied a subject to death.

In 2000, when Shiflett co-wrote Trump's book on politics, a newspaper that was writing about the book asked what author had most influenced Trump. Shiflett said he called Trump's office to find out what he should tell the reporter, and he was told to pick any writer he wanted to. "So I told them he likes Dostoevsky," Shiflett said. "It was all just good times; the spirit around him was kind of mirthful. Everybody understood that and nobody took any of it very seriously."

In Trump's vocabulary, "genius" is perhaps the highest praise, and it refers to a street-level ability to get things done. Trump often referred to his lawyer and early mentor Roy Cohn as "a total genius" or a "political genius," even if he was also "a lousy lawyer." Trump explained in one of his books that his own true "genius" was for public relations: Rather than spending money on advertising, he said, he put his efforts toward winning news coverage of himself as a "genius."

Despite his long history of boasts and his many admissions that he has a large ego, Trump has also had moments of extreme self-doubt. Biographer Harry Hurt described a period around 1990 when, as his marriage to Ivana Trump was breaking up, he occasionally spoke about suicide, according to friends and relatives.

Ivana Trump decided that the couple should see a psychiatrist. Her husband resisted at first but then agreed, telling her he'd go, "only if you think it will fix what's wrong with you," according to Hurt's 1993 book "Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump." Hurt reported that the future president attended only one session.

Soon, he was back to his usual publicly bullish self, "Trump being Trump," as he sometimes called it.

"He says things because it gets attention," Shiflett said. "He just wants people to talk about him."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...hen-he-touts-his-smarts/ar-AAuE2TJ?li=BBnbfcL