• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Is Trump Laying The Legal Ground Work For War With Iran?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
New concerns Trump administration may be laying legal groundwork for military action against Iran

Congress is making clear Trump does not have the authority for military action.

By Conor Finnegan Apr 14, 2019 4:01 AM

When Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced the Trump administration would designate a branch of Iran’s military as a foreign terrorist organization Monday, he said, “The Trump administration is simply recognizing a basic reality.”

But critics say they are concerned that it may also be part of an effort to bend reality enough to provide legal justification for armed conflict with Iran.

(MORE: Trump administration designates Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps a 'foreign terrorist organization')

“I am troubled that the administration can’t unequivocally say that you haven’t been given power. I can tell you explicitly, you have not been given power or authority by Congress to have war with Iran,” Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., told Pompeo on Wednesday.

The Trump administration will officially designate Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps as a foreign terrorist organization on Monday, making it the first foreign government entity on the State Department list. But the IRGC is already under heavy sanctions through the State and Treasury Departments, including as a Treasury special globally designated terrorist entity.

Full article here: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/con...-groundwork-military-action/story?id=62360052

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Trump doesn't work for us, he does what he is told...and yes, I believe the people who run Trump want war.