• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

It should be clear to everyone by now

Flight2gold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sounds just like our elections, the battle between two evils. Ie: lose/lose situation.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." Dr. Wayne Dyer

I sure hope that you can make it a win/lose situation for yourself and your family
because when you use the CB digital dollar you'll be tracked/traced/taxed and even tickled on some nights.

Last edited:

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well, grab your popcorn because we're all about to witness the change over of the world reserve currency to a digital form. The biggest monetary battle in history is upon us.
BTC/crypto vs the CB digital currencies.
It will all come down to faith. Faith in the centralized or faith in the decentralized.
Hang on.
Gold is in there too and it's actually ahead of the pack due to the war. Russia has demanded you must buy their energy with rubles or gold, and they backed rubles with gold. Western media hasn't caught up yet, but energy and gold are now linked due to Russia.

I think CBDCs are going to fall on their butt. Nobody is going to want them.

ds_mustang

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
TPTB will declare CBDCs as the sole legal tender. They'll ram it down our throats.
Maybe, but they have no hope of being a reserve currency. No country is going to want to hold another country's CBDC as a reserve when it can be tracked, frozen, devalued, or vanished out of the wallet on the whim of the other country. CBDCs are the opposite of a reserve currency by their nature. CBDCs might even impair the reserve status of a country's currency if that country introduced a CBDC. Who will want the currency of a country that has tied the currency to a CBDC?

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Maybe, but they have no hope of being a reserve currency. No country is going to want to hold another country's CBDC as a reserve when it can be tracked, frozen, devalued, or vanished out of the wallet on the whim of the other country. CBDCs are the opposite of a reserve currency by their nature.
That won't kill CBDCs.

That will kill commerce in general. Free trade that benefits all...domestically or internationally...requires a sound money that all parties can trust. Hamilton knew it, at the time of ratification of the Constitution; and that is why sound money was specified (a stipulation now ignored). Prior to that, with various foreign currencies and state-issued notes and scrip...commerce in general was chaotic and lacking trust.

TPTB are apparently rejecting that reality (among others) so we will be forced to use digital tokens. And our future prosperity at a general level, will be somewhere between that of the USSR and of African nations.

ds_mustang

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
That won't kill CBDCs.

That will kill commerce in general. Free trade that benefits all...domestically or internationally...requires a sound money that all parties can trust. Hamilton knew it, at the time of ratification of the Constitution; and that is why sound money was specified (a stipulation now ignored). Prior to that, with various foreign currencies and state-issued notes and scrip...commerce in general was chaotic and lacking trust.

TPTB are apparently rejecting that reality (among others) so we will be forced to use digital tokens. And our future prosperity at a general level, will be somewhere between that of the USSR and of African nations.
Russia has already gone to gold backing and demanded gold or their gold backed currency in exchange for their commodities. So instead of your dystopia, gold seems to be coming back into play thanks to the Ukraine war and the cluelessness of the West.

The IMF is already warning the dollar is being weakened by the sanctions.

The international gold comeback a lot of us have been waiting for just happened. It just isn't being reported by anyone but zerohedge.

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Russia is not our world.

They seem to be embracing their newfound isolation; and are setting up a parallel set of systems, without the Davos boys' meddling and corruption.

Interesting that our roles are now reversed - it is the successor to the USSR that is moving towards hard money, and the former United States that is going, not only to fiat, but fiat that can be controlled individually, electronically...controlled to the person, but without human oversight, with only algorithms.

I do not expect we get out of this anytime soon, short of total (nuclear) war, and our Elites' destruction.

TLM

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
BTC is a store of value and a medium of exchange. I guess it doesn’t feel like a currency because of its decentralized nature. It’s hard to tax. Sure, the blockchain ledger is public but you have no idea who that could be. It’s volatility makes it a terrible currency right now also. It’s creation was due to mistrust of banks and the fiat system in general so it probably may never feel like a currency. Soon you’ll probably be using a QR code off your phone to pay for things, be it central bank digital dollar or some other crypto. I’m sure we’ll all feel that.
Or a QR code imprinted on your right hand or forehead.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Or a QR code imprinted on your right hand or forehead.
Some European Dweeb is selling a "chip" that goes in your hand for your debit account. $300.00 and you won't misplace your card(s)..
Of course being stolen AMPS up in violent scale.

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Some European Dweeb is selling a "chip" that goes in your hand for your debit account. $300.00 and you won't misplace your card(s)..
Of course being stolen AMPS up in violent scale.
Today's mentality supports giving up privacy for convenience. What they fail to consider is everything else you're giving up that you aren't aware of when making those deals with the devil!

You reap what you sow and Satan never fails to take his cut in the end!

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.09.54 PM.png

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Those complain crypto isn't physical might consider the advantages of a digital asset.

PLEASE, just explain to us "Doubting Thomas's", where the hell will 100's of millions come from to pay those that want to cash out ???? :don't    know2:

ALSO, if or when we go all digital, your life shall be totally controlled. Step out of line & you digits will be frozen - no food, no medical, no gasoline, no electricity........................
Is bitcoin an "acclimation" to total digital? I only ask !! :finished:

ds_mustang

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
PLEASE, just explain to us "Doubting Thomas's", where the hell will 100's of millions come from to pay those that want to cash out ???? :don't    know2:

ALSO, if or when we go all digital, your life shall be totally controlled. Step out of line & you digits will be frozen - no food, no medical, no gasoline, no electricity........................
Is bitcoin an "acclimation" to total digital? I only ask !! :finished:
The major point of crypto was to create a digital asset that couldn't be frozen. Before crypto such a thing didn't exist. Now it does.

As for selling out, the money comes from people buying. If nobody is buying than price falls until buyers are found. Do I really have to explain how markets work?

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
If you give your crypto to someone else to manage for you, you take those risks. If you don't want to take those risks with crypto, you don't have to. However by comparison, with any large amount of gold you really have no choice. You're forced to have 3rd parties move it, secure it, exchange it, etc. With crypto you can do that yourself, no matter the amount.
I'm not sure what country it was but wasn't some country trying to outlaw the private exchanges? Make it so you could only keep your crypto where the government can watch it? I love the idea of bitcoin and many have said it helped when the economy went kaboom. I simply don't think any government in the world will tolerate it much longer. I'm afraid the same might be said for our gold too.

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Bitcoin is great - until someone shuts off the juice, or the government pulls the plug, or the platform goes poof (happened to me twice, and I didn't give a shit, it was all free money), corona flares, EMP, asteroids. Try buying weed or some other shit on Coinbase, see how long it takes them to ban you.

The whole advantage of bitcoin was the anonymous aspect, and that is gone. And as for deflation, what is to stop them from simply issuing more coin? No digit asset anywhere is ultimately free from inflation.

Bitcoin won't go to zero, it has its uses, but the boom has already happened, the shine is off the bloom.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
To me, that is the worry ! :shit happens::Grrr:
The Central Banks of the World (excluding Fed Res, UK, Canada. Aussies) and the IMF are still buying. When they quit buying THEN Watch Out !

ds_mustang

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'm not sure what country it was but wasn't some country trying to outlaw the private exchanges? Make it so you could only keep your crypto where the government can watch it? I love the idea of bitcoin and many have said it helped when the economy went kaboom. I simply don't think any government in the world will tolerate it much longer. I'm afraid the same might be said for our gold too.
Interestingly governments and gold bugs now find themselves on the same side. Governments (particularly the US government) already own a lot of gold in reserve. But most governments don't own crypto. So there's an incentive for governments to prop up gold as the go-to store of value while preventing crypto from becoming one. As long as gold is the asset that increases in value as fiat fails, government benefits from the increase of their gold reserves automatically offsetting losses on fiat. And since government debt is in fiat, it ends up having its debt burden reduced as fiat drops even while increases in value for gold move directly to the asset side of their balance sheet keeping them solvent! Gold becomes a magic get-out-of-debt-free card. If gold remains stagnant while failing fiat value flows into crypto then gold-holding governments are in big trouble and it might be crypto they try to confiscate this time.

Crypto might indirectly become the gold bug's best friend as it forces governments to inflate the value of gold over crypto, embracing gold as the go-to store of value again.

Last edited:

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The petrodollar is done. That is why this crisis was manufactured. We are facing very hard times before the end of the year. I expect there to be another bailout (like the covid payments) but this time it will be in the Fed's digital currency....and desperate people will accept it. It's a scary proposition.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The petrodollar is done. That is why this crisis was manufactured. We are facing very hard times before the end of the year. I expect there to be another bailout (like the covid payments) but this time it will be in the Fed's digital currency....and desperate people will accept it. It's a scary proposition.
The REAL SHTF indicator will be in July when the BIS meets for adjusting the Basket of Currencies. Currently FIVE currencies are in the Basket usd,EU,JapY, Chi.Yuan, Pound Sterling. The Chinese are promoting the addition of Tier 1 Asset - GOLD.
IF gold is added to the Basket of Currencies the other FIVE will receive a "Haircut" in the percentage their currency represents, including the usd.
"STAY TUNED"