• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

It was a normal day until the pizza attacked......

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

This just recently happened to my wife. She was in the hospital for 6 days and took about 2-3 weeks to heal from surgery, but she felt somewhat "normal" again.

She said the pain was excruciating. She said it was like she swallowed a ball of fire.
I feel her pain. Hope she has a good recovery. It sounds like they took hers out "hot" hence the hospital stay. They told me if they had to take mine when I was under attack they would have to cut me more and recovery would be longer. As it is they are telling me I won't be able (allowed) to lift over 5 lbs for a month. But surgery recovery is only 1-2 days.

Last edited:

Au-myn

Goldbug
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I feel her pain. Hope she has a good recovery. It sounds like they took hers out "hot" hence the hospital stay. They told me if they had to take mine when I was under attack they would have to cut me more and recovery would be longer. As it is they are telling me I won't be able (allowed) to lift over 5 lbs for a month. But surgery recovery is only 1-2 days.
Following my UROLIFT Procedure I was also told not to lift over 5 LBS for two weeks. My neighbor was kind enough to take out my trash and
do any lifting I needed. See if you can get a friend or two to assist you for a few weeks.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I have something better than that, I have a "wife". I'm going to be lucky if she even lets me lift a newspaper.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Here's what I'm dealing with. Funny story. When I proposed, 24 years ago, I didn't know the shape of stone she preferred. So I bought her a ring with a fake diamond. I told her then, it was fake and that I'd replace it later with a real diamond. So here we are 24 yrs later and she won't let me buy her a ring with a real diamond. She says "this is fine". So here we are. I'll be lucky if I'm going to be allowed to lift a newspaper without a doctor's note.

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
As it is they are telling me I won't be able (allowed) to lift over 5 lbs for a month. But surgery recovery is only 1-2 days.

They told my wife 10lbs and it was crucial. She didn't follow this advise and it took longer to heal because of it. We have a baby, so telling a mom she cant pick up her baby is next to impossible.

Last edited:

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
My sister had hers taken out and chose to stay in the hospital for that exact reason. She had a 3yr old at the time and wanted more time to recover.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
So here we are 10/6 with surgery just over the horizon (10/21). Can't say I'm looking forward to it, even with all the discomfort (had 2 more attacks) and what-not. My diet now is mostly salad with chicken. I'm like a rabbit carnivore, lol. Since July 1, I've lost 20 lbs. Well that's not really a bad thing....

Had my pre-op physical yesterday. Had a bunch of tests: chest x-ray, ekg, peed into the cup, took blood (the good part), got poked and prodded, got the flu jab as my doctor didn't want me to go into surgery without it (groan). I was planning on skipping the flu shot this year, oh well.

But the good part was the taking of the blood. I'm ok except my RDW is a little high. But it's only high because they changed the range of acceptability. So not really a problem but something else to watch now. sigh. So back to the blood. They also tested my A1C. In 3 short months I reduced the reading from 6.2 to 5.8 (normal is <=5.7). I am stoked!. I reduced my carb intake with the sole reason of reducing my A1C. In the process I lost 20 lbs. So all is good. I was listed as low-mid risk for surgery due to my hypertension issues.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'd say you had a lot of damn gall, but I guess that isn't true any more!

Glad to hear you are on the other side of anesthesia....

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Nope still on the wrong side. Surgery not until 10/21.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If any of you had a gallbladder attack you know the pain is crippling.

I self diagnosed myself with this problem. I was stuck in the snow somewhere last year for a few days and I kept eating a lot of Popeyes shrimp along with some other fast foods in the area.

The pain was bad. I thought I had a liver problem, then I looked up that the liver has no pain receptors.

It was so bad that I honestly thought I was going to die, then it got worse and I wanted to die. I couldn’t even walk right. It was the worst pain in my life by far and it has caused me to make better choices about what I eat.