• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

It's all jacked up.

EO 11110

Trump: DAY ONE promise: DACA illegals gone
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
silver is only good for trailer park trinkets

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The markets perform well and silver goes up. The markets perform poor and silver goes down. Something is wrong with this picture.
You must be new around here...this has been going on for many, many years...lol

EO 11110

Trump: DAY ONE promise: DACA illegals gone
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
I'm long Iraqi dinar. haven't you heard - they are going to revalue it UP

then i'm going to take my dinar profit and buy SDR. it's way past time for jim rickards prediction to come true

rickards currency war book and hype:

Selling
Dumbshit to
Retards

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
The Jewish owned jewelry store that my squaw drags me into from time to time has a sign on his front door.
We Buy Gold
....silver isn’t mentioned.

I am relatively certain that your native language, is not translating the JEWelers sign correctly.
Thus I have translated the sign for you.

We Steal Gold

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Mike B,

you are exactly right in that normal relationships have been upset,

arguably, all of the fiat creation since the crash should have resulted in a greater price in metals just to keep pace,
but it has not

many hold metals for insurance only, or as a store of value, but to count on past relationships is incorrect as we have to adapt to what is rather than what was.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
fwiw,

currently, the USD has been catching a bid, and this is actually a typical negative for metals.

yet, very recently, metals have seen some action even with that headwind.

yet another case of past relationships breaking down.

you can see that most recent rise in the dollar has only stalled the metals and not collapsed them.

usd chart first

1.png

then a gold chart

2.png

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I thought we were still in a gold bear market but was told here by two members that the bear market is over and we go up from here...
If I am not mistaken , the market corrected to the upside about a year ago?..

I was sure hoping for $1000-$1100 dollar gold...
I missed the train again.

Gold-Bear-Market-Monthly-Chart.jpg

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
2 competing games going on

the world economy is a dog, the USD catches a bid, metal negative

but, the US economy is kickin' it, finally with wage increases, along with tariffs, read inflation ahead
this should be metal positive

so currently it is a battle royale,

we have entered the positive seasonal for metals, and there should be some type of rise all the way to the early spring now,

the answer to your question cannot be put to test until then, or the action after the seasonal

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The law of supply and demand is not normal and hasn't been for a long time. What we have now is normal for manipulated markets controlled by those who also control the mass media of course.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yep. The DOG has been "jacked up" for quite some time now and will continue to be "jacked up" in the forseeable future.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
It's actually sadly simple: A great majority of people don't see silver, or gold for that matter, as money.

When the market takes a dive, many investors and managers regard virtual and paper PM holdings as they do any other investment and dump them along with stocks. This hits the price.

When the market crashes,the flight is to cash, not to silver.

This might change once inflation becomes a general concern, but that's not the case at the moment.

JMO

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Armstrong keeps saying that gold and silver won't go up until people are absolutely convinced the dollar is trash. He sees that happening sometime in 2020. Take that for what it is...

Personally, I think the timing is much closer.

SC

Last edited:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
When the market crashes,the flight is to cash, not to silver.
As long as a majority of people see cash (or any other "paper") as "safe" then silver will stay where it is. I will start paying attention if the MSM (ex: CNBC) starts mentioning people fleeing to physical silver when the market crashes

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Armstrong keeps saying that gold and silver won't go up until people are absolutely convinced the dollar is trash. He sees that happening sometime in 2020. Take that for what it is...

Personally, I think the timing is much closer.

SC
I used to think the timing was close... Back in '98.

Now, I tend to think that they, like DJ's at a rave, might have the music playing in a loop so it just keeps going. Most of those who figure it out play a waiting game. But "the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent".

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
As long as a majority of people see cash (or any other "paper") as "safe" then silver will stay where it is. I will start paying attention if the MSM (ex: CNBC) starts mentioning people fleeing to physical silver when the market crashes
It will probably take a few years of increasing inflation, a few failed mock-attempts at getting it under control and a lot of broken promises and finger-pointing before John Q. Public flees to physical Ag.

In fact, nanotechnology could be the end of all money before that.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
It will probably take a few years of increasing inflation, a few failed mock-attempts at getting it under control and a lot of broken promises and finger-pointing before John Q. Public flees
... flees to cryptocurrencies — the new 'fixed value' media that will alleviate all our inflation problems.

[/sarc]

BF

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
... flees to cryptocurrencies — the new 'fixed value' media that will alleviate all our inflation problems.

[/sarc]

BF
Sarc is right!
The fact that so-called crypto-currencies (e-cash) are as popular as they are is proof of how few people understand the true nature of money. "Block-chain technology" means every transaction can be traced, right back to the moment each unit was first created. CCs are every tax collector's dream-come-true.