• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Its getting time to stack again..

Avalon

Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon
Platinum Bling
Im thinking about buying metals again. Its been quite a few years. I have not seen much mention of platinum. It looks like a good buy to me.. Any thoughts or knowledge shared would be appreciated.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Im thinking about buying metals again. Its been quite a few years. I have not seen much mention of platinum. It looks like a good buy to me.. Any thoughts or knowledge shared would be appreciated.
QWAK,Avalon,Get your clock fixed --- it is always time to buy more GOLD and SILVER!:thumbs up 2:

Good to see you posting agen!:thumbs up 2:

the DUCK :winks2:

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Hi Avalon! Good to see again.

As far as purchasing Plat, well think on that. There has been discussion here in regards to that. Ask your LCS how much they would sell you an oz of plat, then ask how much would they pay to buy it back. That should be revealing enough.

As far as G & S, it's on sale now and could go lower into the summer doldrums, but we currently live interesting times so DYODD!

FWIW, I buy when I get some dry powder. Just stocked up on some ammo though so it will be a bit.

Avalon

Platinum Bling
Hello Duck and Reo.. good to see you both :) I have been reading but not posting often.. LOL about my LCD. He says platinum is of the devil and wants nothing to do with it.. Still its SHINY !! Its really cheap now..

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Hello Duck and Reo.. good to see you both :) I have been reading but not posting often.. LOL about my LCD. He says platinum is of the devil and wants nothing to do with it.. Still its SHINY !! Its really cheap now..
I too am attracted to the shiny, but.....

If I were to own plat it would be for the novelty of it. I would buy 2 1 oz coins for jingle appeasement.

Last edited:

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Present state of the global economy mandates the migration back into G & S.....
Its' kinda like that huge caldera in Wyoming getting ready to blow.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Present state of the global economy mandates the migration back into G & S.....
Its' kinda like that huge caldera in Wyoming getting ready to blow.
QWAK,Curtman, Could blow any min. or could be 1000+ years.:bomb::dynamite:

Avalon

Platinum Bling
I cant afford to own platinum just cause it's pretty.. So I see there are no real fans out there.. It must be hard to sell.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Hi Avalon!

Not only is it a brittle hard metal, but it's not considered a metal to mettle with.

It looks just like silver.

I was in a pawn shop once and the guy behind the counter confided in me how this guy brought in a 'silver' ring to sell. Pawn guy buys it and pays the going price of silver. He then tells me he took the ring to a metals dealer and sold it as platinum.

Ignorance of the seller was his gain. He didn't have to tell the seller it wasn't silver - and karma aside, he didn't.

Sinclair's last WatchDogUSA video @June(2015) he mentions gold and silver. Said 'silver is going to be gold on steroids'. FWIW DYODD.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Hi Avalon!

Not only is it a brittle hard metal, but it's not considered a metal to mettle with.

I was in a pawn shop once and the guy behind the counter confided in me how this guy brought in a 'silver' ring to sell. Pawn guy buys it and pays the going price of silver. He then tells me he took the ring to a metals dealer and sold it as platinum.

Ignorance of the seller was his gain. He didn't have to tell the seller it wasn't silver - and karma aside, he didn't.

Sinclair's last WatchDogUSA video @June(2015) he mentions gold and silver. Said 'silver is going to be gold on steroids'. FWIW DYODD.
I would have told him it was platinum....but that's just me

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm in the minority and have been buying platinum at these low prices. I think when things start to move you'll see platinum move the fastest. A quick look at the ten year chart tell me platinum is a no brainer. As for selling it. My plan is to trade it for gold when the prices moves above and beyond the yellow metal.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i am in the minority also....been buying PT while it was low......resons.....cause i have plenty of au and ag.....its very rare...its used a lot in both jewelry and industrial...not much mined in us friendly areas....its relatively low....etc..

silver also looks pretty good to me right now.....

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
I'm in the minority and have been buying platinum at these low prices. I think when things start to move you'll see platinum move the fastest. A quick look at the ten year chart tell me platinum is a no brainer. As for selling it. My plan is to trade it for gold when the prices moves above and beyond the yellow metal.

I like the idea of buying plat to trade into gold on the rise. Makes sense.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
But where do you sell Platinum and who do you sell it to?
That's where you have to do your own due diligence. You can sell it back to the big dealers and get a little more than spot for it. eBay is another source to sell. You can pull up every coin shop withing a 100 mile radius and start phoning around seeing what they offer. A refiner is also another option. If you stack for a SHTF moment then forget about platinum. If you buy as an investment with the mind set to sell or trade when the price is right, then I would buy.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
That's where you have to do your own due diligence. You can sell it back to the big dealers and get a little more than spot for it. eBay is another source to sell. You can pull up every coin shop withing a 100 mile radius and start phoning around seeing what they offer. A refiner is also another option. If you stack for a SHTF moment then forget about platinum. If you buy as an investment with the mind set to sell or trade when the price is right, then I would buy.
QWAK,When I have enough GOLD stacked I may (?) then concider buying some platinum ---- just for giggles.:dduck:

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Hi Avalon!

I have a couple of palladium maples that look exactly like silver maples. Easy to see someone making that costly mistake...

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
It always pays to have many ways, shapes, and forms; in what it the overall view.

Call it many baskets of gold, silver, and platinum.

Call it many sizes of gold, silver, and platinum.

Call it many forms like some slabbed, Original Govy. Packaging, and different sizes of bullion coins or bars.

Platinum is a steal right now. But many fall into the manufacturing mentality. When all you really want is
a common sense (which sure as hell ain't common) way to hold inherent wealth somehow.

I was just thinking about more platinum this week - funny that you asked...

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum is the crown jewel of precious metal - just like Gold.

Remember many baskets many forms and many ways of gold & platinum.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I've been stacking again. Started around $16 spot and have continued as the price has gone down. Underwater on the previous purchases, but I feel good! Bought a little gold too - I'm probably at about a 70/30 ratio.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
But where do you sell Platinum and who do you sell it to?
In my opinion if you have to ask that question it might be best to stay out of that market........it really makes no sense to try to sell something that you know of no buyer for......

me......i know plenty of PT buyers.....

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My dealer won't work with it. He says premiums are too high for the type of clients he has (like me). He can sell all the silver he can get his hands on. And does...

SC

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Not sure if I agree that Platinum would be of a high value for the preservation of wealth like gold and silver have been historically. I would probably not expect people to barter in platimum as they would in silver and gold. I wouldn't anyway but that's me

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Not sure if I agree that Platinum would be of a high value for the preservation of wealth like gold and silver have been historically. I would probably not expect people to barter in platimum as they would in silver and gold. I wouldn't anyway but that's me
Its not for you bud. If you buy with a plan to barter if things go south, I'd stick with what you know. For me down the line I'll be swapping 1 oz of Platinum for one and a half ounces of gold. And on that note, I think I'll pull the trigger on another Platinum Maple.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Its not for you bud. If you buy with a plan to barter if things go south, I'd stick with what you know. For me down the line I'll be swapping 1 oz of Platinum for one and a half ounces of gold. And on that note, I think I'll pull the trigger on another Platinum Maple.
Agreed, to each his own plan. While I'm not sure of how you believe an ounce of platinum will trade for an ounce and a half of gold, let's hope we all make out OK in the end. I'm sure I can't understand the platinum market because, as you say, I don't know that much about it but I'm always willing to learn. I always keep a little dry powder in reserve to be able to take advantage of those learning opportunities when they arise.

Shortstack

Bain of the Authoritarian Follower
Gold Chaser
I am a fan, got 30 at these are at average cost of 1 grand each - purchased a few months ago. So I jumped in too early. Ten more would cost $9,200 (with coin premium of about $100 a pop) which I almost did today.

Can't get the pic to work

http://www.goldismoney2.com/threads...ins-collections-etc.38042/page-11#post-942006

Attachments

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Agreed, to each his own plan. While I'm not sure of how you believe an ounce of platinum will trade for an ounce and a half of gold, let's hope we all make out OK in the end. I'm sure I can't understand the platinum market because, as you say, I don't know that much about it but I'm always willing to learn. I always keep a little dry powder in reserve to be able to take advantage of those learning opportunities when they arise.
Follow the charts, take a peek at history. Historically Platinum trades higher than gold. Right now it's $300 cheaper than gold and has dropped much further in this bear market than gold has. The platinum market is tiny. All the platinum in the world could fit in the average Americans living room. It's not for everyone, but worth looking in to.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Follow the charts, take a peek at history. Historically Platinum trades higher than gold. Right now it's $300 cheaper than gold and has dropped much further in this bear market than gold has. The platinum market is tiny. All the platinum in the world could fit in the average Americans living room. It's not for everyone, but worth looking in to.
It's my understanding that platinum gains much of its value from its role in industry. If industry goes belly up (it doesn't take much to see how that is reasonably possible) how would that affect PT's value as a wealth preservation metal vs. gold and silver?

Last edited:

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It's my understanding that platinum gains much of its value from it's role in industry. If industry goes belly up (it doesn't take much to see how that is reasonably possible) how would that affect PT's value as a wealth preservation metal vs. gold and silver?
I'm not gonna blow smoke up your ass and say it won't go down. Yes your correct it could drop further. If you look at the 10 year chart you'll see the high was $2252 and the low was $774. My opinion is that it's a great buying opertunity, but that's only my opinion. I'm upside down on both silver and gold, so take my opinion with a large grain of salt.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I'm not gonna blow smoke up your ass and say it won't go down. Yes your correct it could drop further. If you look at the 10 year chart you'll see the high was $2252 and the low was $774. My opinion is that it's a great buying opertunity, but that's only my opinion. I'm upside down on both silver and gold, so take my opinion with a large grain of salt.
Yup, none of us 'experts' really has a clue what the future holds but those of us who actually GOTS to some degree will fare better than most IMHO