The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
- Mar 30, 2010
- Reaction score
Snuggle Party for vaccinated people- Friday Jan 14
Fri, January 14, 2022
Date and time
6:45 PM – 10:45 PM EST
Add to calendar
Address sent in confirmation email
Asheville, NC 28804
This is a non-sexual touch based event that invites participants to explore platonic intimacy in a safe environment.
About this eventIf you have been to these events in the past you will notice that ticketing has changed. Anyone of any gender can pay what feel good for this event; some people have more financial means than others- please pay from $15-$40 for your ticket. If this is still too much talk to me about work trade. Also, I am not going to "gender balance" this event. We are all here to connect.
This will be an indoor unmasked event. DO NOT ATTEND if you or someone you are physically close with is sick or has increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19. For now, we are requiring people who attend to be fully vaccinated. After you register please email us a pic of your vax card.
This is a non-sexual touch based event that invites participants to explore platonic intimacy with like-minded people in an environment that upholds personal boundaries and respect through a supportive framework of mutual agreements that maximize safety and create a space of easy openness and compassionate connection.
At this event we have the chance to normalize touch and intimacy with clear boundaries; this is a space for respectful, consent-based touch. We allow ourselves to be seen. We have fun. We get our touch needs met.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, economic statuses, races, spiritual or religious beliefs, sizes, and ages (children welcome; parents/guardians must keep your eyes on your children and be responsible for them).
THE RULES OF CUDDLING
1. Clothes stay on for the whole event.
2. You do not have to touch anyone at a Cuddle Club event.
3. You must ask permission and receive a verbal YES before you touch anyone. Please be specific in your requests.
4. If you feel a yes, say YES. If you feel a no, say NO. If you’re a maybe, say NO. You can always change your mind.
5. Get your facilitator or assistant if you have a question or concern, or if you need assistance with anything during the event.
6. Talking, laughter, silence, silliness, stillness, and crying are welcome.
Touch is a basic human need, and many of us do not get enough; most people don’t even know they are missing touch, or have a way to ask for touch without sexualizing it. We believe deeply in the power of touch, and the importance of communication and consent in creating a safe space for touch.
CUDDLING WITH STRANGERS
Cuddling with strangers sounds weird or scary to most people. “Will I like it?” “What if someone wants to touch me and I don’t want to?” “What if I say yes and it’s not what I want?” “What if I really want to touch someone and they say no?” These are all normal questions. The answer is that this is a space created to ask for exactly what you want, and receive NOTHING you don’t want. Many people start out nervous at a cuddle event. Most are really, really glad they came.
6:45-7pm: Arrive with snacks to share! Get comfortable, meet, mingle, & snack.
7:05pm: Welcome Circle- its mandatory. We will set our container, talk about personal boundaries, communication, & consent. If you show up after 7:05 you will not be allowed to join.
7:15pm: Icebreakers and connective activities.
7:30pm: Open cuddling! You MUST ask and get a verbal ‘yes’ before touching or cuddling with anybody at this event. If you are not sure how to do this – great! – we will talk about it during the welcome circle.
10:30pm: Closing Circle, cleanup and head home.
- ARRIVE ON TIME: It is important that all participants arrive before the Welcome Circle. The Welcome Circle serves the purpose of creating the safe space for consensual, non-sexual touch between participants and making sure that everyone is informed about consent.
- Please be free of strong scents; many folks would rather not be close to someone who smells of cigarettes, perfume, or essential oils. Your clean self is a good smell!
- BE SOBER: Please do not drink or smoke before or at this event.
We take individual and group safety seriously! if you experience, see, or know that one of our participants is not safe to be at a touch based event we want to know about it. We are committed to doing our best to create a safe environment which means that if someone is causing harm (physical or mental) that person is not welcome here (this includes harm that takes place outside of our events). We stand behind survivors and know that some of our participants are here to heal from touch based trauma.