• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Its party time..!!!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
it would have to be damn cold and i was freezing to death ......LOL ....i have personal space issues as it is LOL
Anybody here see a piggy-pile on a cold morning? Looks remarkably similar.

On freezing mornings back in The Olden Days, my Scottish Witch and Your Humble Obdn't &tc liked to sit in our car with the heater on, watching a piggy-pile. It was sorta like boiling all the time. There would be an enormous stack of oinks (5 or so deep), mebbe 75 feet across. They were all piled up, with the oinks on the outside climbing up the boiling pile to get warm.

But every five seconds or so, there would be a piggy that starts squealing in owie-misery from the bottom of the pile <-- You'd squeal too, if five or eight oinks were standing on you. And the squealing piggy(s) would come up and out of the pile... and immediately pile back on top, trying to get warm.

Sounds banal, I guess, but it was a visual and audible and unpredictable performance.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
you would think that they would be happy enough throwing on some white sheets and pointy hats
oh hell no.. They took down Robert E Lees statue. We have joined the ranks of the politicly correct and sensitive.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Anybody here see a piggy-pile on a cold morning? Looks remarkably similar.

On freezing mornings back in The Olden Days, my Scottish Witch and Your Humble Obdn't &tc liked to sit in our car with the heater on, watching a piggy-pile. It was sorta like boiling all the time. There would be an enormous stack of oinks (5 or so deep), mebbe 75 feet across. They were all piled up, with the oinks on the outside climbing up the boiling pile to get warm.

But every five seconds or so, there would be a piggy that starts squealing in owie-misery from the bottom of the pile <-- You'd squeal too, if five or eight oinks were standing on you. And the squealing piggy(s) would come up and out of the pile... and immediately pile back on top, trying to get warm.

Sounds banal, I guess, but it was a visual and audible and unpredictable performance.
The farm the kids horseback ride at have pigs. I like to walk and watch the pigs while the girls ride. They are quite interesting to watch. They can also be creepy. The last time I was there Mama pig snorted, pawed the ground and charged the fence as she found me annoying.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
A Lost Art: This just popped into my (ancient) mind. I don't think there are many kids left who would/could do what I useta do in the 40's.

I would go down to the bull pen (that is what it was called) and the bull would come over to me and stick his head over the gate. I would reach up to his nose tie a piece of clothesline through the ring in it, and open the gate.

The half-ton monster and the 50-pound kid would walk across the road to the big pasture. We'd go through the gate, and I would untie the clothesline. The bull would wander off to eat.

Late afternoon, the reverse would take place. I never thought much of it, but I realize that it is likely nobody here would ever do that!

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It'd be a hoot if someone walked in with a Super Soaker squirt gun filled with Crazy Glue and sprayed them all together (aim low to avoid the eyes).

*sigh* these are the thoughts I have when I'm up with insomnia again. I denounce myself.
You are forgiven. Go forth and be deplorable.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
The word "clusterf*ck" keeps running through my mind, except that you have to keep your clothes on.

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score