• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Ivermectin/ Covid Kit Thread

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Everyone in my house is on the Prevention protocol with Ivermectin. Interestingly enough, my teenage daughter's mild acne has cleared up in just two days.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Everyone in my house is on the Prevention protocol with Ivermectin. Interestingly enough, my teenage daughter's mild acne has cleared up in just two days.
it works on ear mites too :)

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I looked up the safety of ivermectin for children and found this. Im not sure of the dosage for covid though.

Ivermectin safety in infants and children under 15 kg treated for scabies: a multicentric observational study​

M Levy 1 2, L Martin 3, A-C Bursztejn 4, C Chiaverini 5, J Miquel 6, E Mahé 7, A Maruani 8, F Boralevi 1 2, Groupe de Recherche de la Société Française de Dermatologie Pédiatrique
Affiliations expand

Abstract​

Background: Scabies is a frequent condition seen in infants and children. Only topical treatments have been approved in infants, but some of them are poorly tolerated. Oral ivermectin is approved for the treatment of scabies in several countries, but its use in infants and children weighing < 15 kg is off label.
Objectives: To assess the safety of ivermectin in infants and young children, and to collect data on ivermectin efficacy in these age groups.
Methods: This study was performed in the dermatology and paediatric dermatology departments of 28 French centres between July 2012 and November 2015. Physicians treating an infant or child weighing < 15 kg for scabies with oral ivermectin were asked to send back a completed standardized and anonymous questionnaire, and the data were analysed.
Results: Data were collected on 170 infants and children aged 1-64 months, with a body weight of 4-14·5 kg, who were treated with oral ivermectin. The mean dose received was 223 μg kg-1 and 89% of the patients received a systematic second dose. Concomitant topical treatment was administered to 73% of patients. Adverse events were reported in seven patients (4%) and were not severe. At the follow-up visit, 139 (85%) patients had achieved healing. Factors significantly associated with healing were an ivermectin dose > 200 μg kg-1 (P < 0·001), and a delay between those two doses of < 10 days (P = 0·025).
Conclusions: Our findings suggest the safety and efficacy of ivermectin for the treatment of scabies in infants and young children. What's already known about this topic? Scabies is a frequent condition in small children and infants, but the therapeutic options are limited. Ivermectin has been approved for the treatment of scabies in adults and children > 15 kg, but its use is off-label in infants and children weighing < 15 kg. Safety data on the use of ivermectin in children weighing < 15 kg are limited. What does this study add? Of 170 infants and children weighing < 15 kg who were treated for scabies with oral ivermectin, there were only seven reported mild adverse events and no serious ones. Our results show that ivermectin is effective in treating scabies in 85% of patients. Efficacy is higher when the received dose exceeds 200 μg kg-1 and when the delay between the two doses is < 10 days. Respond to this article.
© 2019 British Association of Dermatologists.

ToBeSelfEvident

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
So I got 250ml of the IVERMAX 1% sterile solution. Not sure about the dosage. The I-MASK protocols are for 3mg pills, not 1% injectable solution. My weight is 180 lbs. Am I cattle or swine?

lukdiver

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
So I got 250ml of the IVERMAX 1% sterile solution. Not sure about the dosage. The I-MASK protocols are for 3mg pills, not 1% injectable solution. My weight is 180 lbs. Am I cattle or swine?
Not sure if Elites consider us sheep or cattle? I'm sure either way we're just 'useless eaters' to them. This is table I found posted by a doctor (info on bottom of page if you want to research him)doing treatment with ivermectin but he had to replace it without the paste quantities. I take 1.6ml weekly and unless I get exposed I'm not upping to 2x/weekly like iMask Protocol has racheted it up to for newest variant.
P1010289 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
lukdiver can you get a better picture of the bottom instructions on that sheet please?

I had not seen the juice, lemonade or milk part before. But I did hear fatty foods are best when taking.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Trigger's taking his medicine like a good boy!

1629548810827.png

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Someone_else

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
just wanted to mention you really need a pulse meter in you home.
Agreed. They are cheap and I have had one for years. At this time, mine is 97, and my history has been (I think) 92 to 98.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
just wanted to mention you really need a pulse meter in you home. Your oxygen can drop fast with this virus and its important to know.
Amazon has them for around 15 dollars

I use one of these every morning (along with taking my bp for another reason). I find that the pulse seems to be off more than on the mark. I compare it to the bp monitor allowing for +/- a few beats. I'll assume the O2 reading is ok as over time, you can determine what your level is (approx). Hope that makes sense.

Silvestor

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I read that some people are having difficulty sourcing NAC. Here is my source for supplements; I have been buying from them for years. The NAC is in powder form or capsules; if buying powder one can mix it with water, but it tastes acidic/sulfury, so would need to put it into empty capsules. If making a purchase, then make sure to google purebulk promo codes (retailmenot etc) as there is ususally a 10% off code floating around.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I read that some people are having difficulty sourcing NAC. Here is my source for supplements; I have been buying from them for years. The NAC is in powder form or capsules; if buying powder one can mix it with water, but it tastes acidic/sulfury, so would need to put it into empty capsules. If making a purchase, then make sure to google purebulk promo codes (retailmenot etc) as there is ususally a 10% off code floating around.

I got mine through Wally World online.

Be warned, though - Walmart online is just a drop-shipper. The product came from Chin-land...complete with an unusable lid. I had to transfer the entire contents to an empty vitamin bottle.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I think we're going to learn this drug does amazing things....

Where did you buy?

just wanted to mention you really need a pulse meter in you home. Your oxygen can drop fast with this virus and its important to know.
Amazon has them for around 15 dollars

I have one similar and it was off (low) by 6pts. Next Dr visit test it against their pro units. Then you can extrapolate. When I had low O2 I was a bit light-headed and I felt weird - like I just woke up - foggy.

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Ivermectin source. In stock.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

just ordered 10 @ $6.99 a tube

the last time we bought some in the big city the price had doubled in 45 days and I expect it to double or triple by Christmas

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Looks like $6.99 is about the lowest you'll find right now on Ivermectin paste. I will tell you that it will store for years (cool dark place).

We have 6 horses to de-worm every year so I usually buy in bulk and just store it. I've used tubes that were 4-5 years old that were just as good as the day I bought them.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
So much info to sort through, so maybe a fellow GIMer can make it quick and simple for me. I am a 230# guy and have some of the Durvet apple flavored paste. How much should I take and how often? Thanks in advance.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I think we're going to learn this drug does amazing things....
I agree. I suspect this drug can do a lot more than Big Pharma wants us to know about! I'm wondering if at this point Pandora can be put back in the box.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
So much info to sort through, so maybe a fellow GIMer can make it quick and simple for me. I am a 230# guy and have some of the Durvet apple flavored paste. How much should I take and how often? Thanks in advance.
Here you are sir

dosage chart ivermectin liquid.JPG

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score

Here is what I would do (I'm 195). Squirt about a 1 to 1 1/2 inch ribbon of paste on your finger or toast or whatever. Do that for 3-4 days if sick. 5-6 days if really sick.

For a maintenance dose (I don't take it as a maintenance dose) Some one else might chime in.

Both my Son and my Wife have been sick with the dreaded (haha) delta and got through with the above doses, plus lots of Vit C/D3/zinc and fluids

edit: I just looked at the chart above. We didn't use that much, and everyone came out just fine.

hardmoney

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Just skimmed through this whole thread and wanted to add a couple things. First, I heard good things about Quercetin and read up on it and saw that it is not thyroid friendly, so I wouldn't take it long - term.

I read on one of these boards last year about someone's relative that was in the hospital and HCQ wasn't working. The only thing that kept him alive was the nebulized hydrogen peroxide. I did some looking into that and bought a nebulizer and have actually used it and I firmly believe it is one of our better alternatives. Apparently, the reason why vitamin C is so helpful when you are sick is because your body uses it to make H2o2. By vaporizing it and breathing with mouth open and closed you are directly applying it to the dreaded germs where you most need it.

The following came from Dr. Mercola's site.

Screenshot_2021-05-15 Nebulized Hydrogen Peroxide — A Simple Remedy for COVID-19 - Spirit of C...png

WQFTruckster

Jolliest asshole this side of the nuthouse
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Durvet stuff I had was marked by weight. If you look on the plunger it is marked in 250lb increments with smaller notches at each 50 lbs. Dosing for animals is the same as humans of the same weight (0.2mg ivermecten/kg of body weight) ie a 250lb man gets the same as a 250lb horse. You can set the little dial to the closest weight mark and it acts like a stopper. Just squeeze out that amount until it hits the stop. I mixed mine in a cup of yogurt to mask the taste, but you can choke it down straight if you like. It's not super critical that you dose for exactly 230lbs. There seems to be a wide window of "acceptable" dose. I weigh about 190 and used the 200lb mark just fine. How often to take it is up for debate and depends on whether you are taking it prophylactically or for acute illness.

***Obligatory I'm not a doctor. This is paste intended for horses. Don't do anything I say. DYODD***

lukdiver

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Found this source off Surviliast Board. Put in order and wait till they email availability or keep checking site and grab it when available.

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Agreed. They are cheap and I have had one for years. At this time, mine is 97, and my history has been (I think) 92 to 98.

Just skimmed through this whole thread and wanted to add a couple things. First, I heard good things about Quercetin and read up on it and saw that it is not thyroid friendly, so I wouldn't take it long - term.

I read on one of these boards last year about someone's relative that was in the hospital and HCQ wasn't working. The only thing that kept him alive was the nebulized hydrogen peroxide. I did some looking into that and bought a nebulizer and have actually used it and I firmly believe it is one of our better alternatives. Apparently, the reason why vitamin C is so helpful when you are sick is because your body uses it to make H2o2. By vaporizing it and breathing with mouth open and closed you are directly applying it to the dreaded germs where you most need it.

The following came from Dr. Mercola's site.

View attachment 222658
I only take on Quercetin a day because of thyroid. I'm trying to recall the study I read but I thought it said one a day was ok. Maybe I better recheck. I also supplement iodine and selenium for thyroid.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
just ordered 10 @ $6.99 a tube

the last time we bought some in the big city the price had doubled in 45 days and I expect it to double or triple by Christmas
I noticed something interesting. Our local feed and farm store carries Durvet horse paste - among other brands. Now, the Durvet comes in two forms - "apple flavoring" (don't you believe it!) and unflavored.

The colorful yellow-and-red package is what the apple-flavored gook comes in. The other...is a yellow box with grey and black art...it's apparently the same stuff, 1.87 percent ivermectin but no mention of flavoring.

The "apple flavored" stuff is what the survival blogs reference, with photos of the carton. The other, not so.

Price for the unflavored is now $6.99. Up from $4.99 six months ago.

Price for the "apple flavored" stuff, $10.99. Up from $4.99.

Supply and demand. I bought three more tubes...waiting for the Ban Hammer to drop.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The Durvet stuff I had was marked by weight. If you look on the plunger it is marked in 250lb increments with smaller notches at each 50 lbs. Dosing for animals is the same as humans of the same weight (0.2mg ivermecten/kg of body weight) ie a 250lb man gets the same as a 250lb horse. You can set the little dial to the closest weight mark and it acts like a stopper. Just squeeze out that amount until it hits the stop. I mixed mine in a cup of yogurt to mask the taste, but you can choke it down straight if you like. It's not super critical that you dose for exactly 230lbs. There seems to be a wide window of "acceptable" dose. I weigh about 190 and used the 200lb mark just fine. How often to take it is up for debate and depends on whether you are taking it prophylactically or for acute illness.

***Obligatory I'm not a doctor. This is paste intended for horses. Don't do anything I say. DYODD***
I've used the dosage chart floating around - Chris Martinson of Peak Prosperity also put it up on his social media.

I expect the dose-per-weight for a horse would be a little different than for non-horses. I'd prefer to calculate back, how much oral ivermectin equals a traditional dosage in tablets. I'm hoping somewhere along the line someone has done that.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I'm 225, give or take.

The chart I have shows 1.07 grams for a "masking" - preventative dose. Initially they said once every two weeks, now once every week.

I'm breaking it down more, with appx. half that, twice a week.

I have an electronic scale and a plastic spatula I have put it on, so I can weigh it and be sure. THREE NOTCHES - gives you .58 of a gram. A tiny bit over, but then you're a tiny bit over 200 pounds.

Twice a week on a full (recently eaten) stomach.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
CDC out today condemning the use of animal ivermectin for humans

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Not much meat on the money bone in folks curing themselves w livestock wormer.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The Establishment is under the gun.

This is DISTRACTION! Pay no ATTENTION to the Middle East exploding, and the Americans being slaughtered! GET YOUR FACE DIAPERS ON! POLICE WILL BE FORCE-INJECTING THOSE IN VIOLATION OF THE VACCINE MANDATES!

WQFTruckster

Jolliest asshole this side of the nuthouse
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd prefer to calculate back, how much oral ivermectin equals a traditional dosage in tablets. I'm hoping somewhere along the line someone has done that.
I did. The math isn't hard.

The Durvet paste, and I believe the others as well, is 1.87% Ivermectin by weight. The whole tube is 6.08 g. So 1.87% of this is 0.114 g, or 114 mg in a full tube. A full tube is for a 1250 lb "horse". 1250 lbs = 567 kg. 114 mg / 567 kg = 0.2mg / kg

0.2mg/kg just happens to be the low end of the dosage recommended on the i-mask protocol. For acute illness, the latest i-mask protocol says to use between 0.4 and 0.6 mg/kg. So a 250lb "horse" could take up 3/5ths of a tube in one shot if you wanted to go for the upper end of the dose.

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I'm 2 1/2 spins on the Toledo, tube will treat me for 5 days.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
had to throw this propaganda here , I almost chuckled

From the FDA

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

COVID-19. We’ve been living with it for what sometimes seems like forever. Given the number of deaths that have occurred from the disease, it’s perhaps not surprising that some consumers are looking at unconventional treatments, not approved or authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Though this is understandable, please beware. The FDA’s job is to carefully evaluate the scientific data on a drug to be sure that it is both safe and effective for a particular use, and then to decide whether or not to approve it. Using any treatment for COVID-19 that’s not approved or authorized by the FDA, unless part of a clinical trial, can cause serious harm.

There seems to be a growing interest in a drug called ivermectin to treat humans with COVID-19. Ivermectin is often used in the U.S. to treat or prevent parasites in animals. The FDA has received multiple reports of patients who have required medical support and been hospitalized after self-medicating with ivermectin intended for horses.

Here’s What You Need to Know about Ivermectin

FDA has not approved ivermectin for use in treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans. Ivermectin tablets are approved at very specific doses for some parasitic worms, and there are topical (on the skin) formulations for head lice and skin conditions like rosacea. Ivermectin is not an anti-viral (a drug for treating viruses).
Taking large doses of this drug is dangerous and can cause serious harm.
If you have a prescription for ivermectin for an FDA-approved use, get it from a legitimate source and take it exactly as prescribed.
Never use medications intended for animals on yourself. Ivermectin preparations for animals are very different from those approved for humans.
What is Ivermectin and How is it Used?

Ivermectin tablets are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. In addition, some topical (on the skin) forms of ivermectin are approved to treat external parasites like head lice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.

Some forms of ivermectin are used in animals to prevent heartworm disease and certain internal and external parasites. It’s important to note that these products are different from the ones for people, and safe when used as prescribed for animals, only.

When Can Taking Ivermectin Be Unsafe?

The FDA has not reviewed data to support use of ivermectin in COVID-19 patients to treat or to prevent COVID-19; however, some initial research is underway. Taking a drug for an unapproved use can be very dangerous. This is true of ivermectin, too.

There’s a lot of misinformation around, and you may have heard that it’s okay to take large doses of ivermectin. That is wrong.

Even the levels of ivermectin for approved uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death.

Ivermectin Products for Animals Are Different from Ivermectin Products for People

For one thing, animal drugs are often highly concentrated because they are used for large animals like horses and cows, which can weigh a lot more than we do—a ton or more. Such high doses can be highly toxic in humans.

Moreover, FDA reviews drugs not just for safety and effectiveness of the active ingredients, but also for the inactive ingredients. Many inactive ingredients found in animal products aren’t evaluated for use in people. Or they are included in much greater quantity than those used in people. In some cases, we don’t know how those inactive ingredients will affect how ivermectin is absorbed in the human body.

Meanwhile, effective ways to limit the spread of COVID-19 continue to be to wear your mask, stay at least 6 feet from others who don’t live with you, wash hands frequently, and avoid crowds.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Where is the laughing mouse ( Jerry) smilie when you need it ?

davycoppitt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
What’s the best syringes for measuring the 1% injectable? Picked up two bottles tonight from runnings

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Evaluation of the effectiveness and safety of adding ivermectin to treatment in severe COVID-19 patients

Nurullah Okumuş, Neşe Demirtürk, Rıza Aytaç Çetinkaya, Rahmet Güner, İsmail Yaşar Avcı, Semiha Orhan, Petek Konya, Bengü Şaylan, Ayşegül Karalezli, Levent Yamanel, Bircan Kayaaslan, Gülden Yılmaz, Ümit Savaşçı, Fatma Eser & Gürhan Taşkın
BMC Infectious Diseases volume 21, Article number: 411 (2021) Cite this article

Abstract

Background and objectives

An effective treatment option is not yet available for SARS-CoV2, which causes the COVID-19 pandemic and whose effects are felt more and more every day. Ivermectin is among the drugs whose effectiveness in treatment has been investigated. In this study; it was aimed to investigate the presence of gene mutations that alter ivermectin metabolism and cause toxic effects in patients with severe COVID-19 pneumonia, and to evaluate the effectiveness and safety of ivermectin use in the treatment of patients without mutation.

Materials and methods

Patients with severe COVID19 pneumonia were included in the study, which was planned as a prospective, randomized, controlled, single-blind phase 3 study. Two groups, the study group and the control group, took part in the study. Ivermectin 200 mcg/kg/day for 5 days in the form of a solution prepared for enteral use added to the reference treatment protocol -hydroxychloroquine + favipiravir + azithromycin- of patients included in the study group. Patients in the control group were given only reference treatment with 3 other drugs without ivermectin. The presence of mutations was investigated by performing sequence analysis in the mdr1/abcab1 gene with the Sanger method in patients included in the study group according to randomization. Patients with mutations were excluded from the study and ivermectin treatment was not continued. Patients were followed for 5 days after treatment. At the end of the treatment and follow-up period, clinical response and changes in laboratory parameters were evaluated.

Results

A total of 66 patients, 36 in the study group and 30 in the control group were included in the study. Mutations affecting ivermectin metabolism was detected in genetic tests of six (16.7%) patients in the study group and they were excluded from the study. At the end of the 5-day follow-up period, the rate of clinical improvement was 73.3% (22/30) in the study group and was 53.3% (16/30) in the control group (p = 0.10). At the end of the study, mortality developed in 6 patients (20%) in the study group and in 9 (30%) patients in the control group (p = 0.37). At the end of the follow-up period, the average peripheral capillary oxygen saturation (SpO2) values of the study and control groups were found to be 93.5 and 93.0%, respectively. Partial pressure of oxygen (PaO2)/FiO2 ratios were determined as 236.3 ± 85.7 and 220.8 ± 127.3 in the study and control groups, respectively. While the blood lymphocyte count was higher in the study group compared to the control group (1698 ± 1438 and 1256 ± 710, respectively) at the end of the follow-up period (p = 0.24); reduction in serum C-reactive protein (CRP), ferritin and D-dimer levels was more pronounced in the study group (p = 0.02, p = 0.005 and p = 0.03, respectively).

Conclusions

According to the findings obtained, ivermectin can provide an increase in clinical recovery, improvement in prognostic laboratory parameters and a decrease in mortality rates even when used in patients with severe COVID-19. Consequently, ivermectin should be considered as an alternative drug that can be used in the treatment of COVID-19 disease or as an additional option to existing protocols.

Peer Review reports

Introduction

Since the first case was reported in Wuhan, China in December 2019, the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS CoV-2) induced COVID-19 outbreak which has surrounded the whole world with great speed, still continues its effect as a pandemic. According to current data, more than 66 million people around the world have been affected by the epidemic and more than 1.500.000 people have died due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) [1, 2].

Many drugs with antiviral, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties that are currently used in the treatment of COVID-19, unfortunately cannot provide a complete cure [3]. One of the drugs whose effectiveness has been investigated in the treatment of COVID-19 is ivermectin, a drug from the avermectin family which is produced semisynthetically in the structure of 22,23 dihydroavermectin B1. Ivermectin is used effectively in the treatment of human parasitosis such as ascariasis, cutaneous larva migrans, strongyloidiasis, onchocerciasis, and scabies and it’s oral use is also approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) [4]. In addition to its antiparasitic activity, in vitro studies have shown that it has also antiviral activity against many viruses such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1), dengue virus and west nile virus (WNV) [5].

In a recent in vitro study published in Australia, the efficacy of ivermectin on SARS CoV-2 was evaluated; the Vero/hSLAM cells infected with SARS CoV-2 in vitro were exposed to ivermectin, and it was reported that there was a 99.8% reduction in viral load 48 h later [6].

It has been reported that ivermectin may have antiviral effects by inhibiting the importin (IMP) a/b1 receptor, which is responsible for transmitting viral proteins into the host cell nucleus [6]. Based on these data, it has been suggested that ivermectin may also affect SARS-CoV-2 replication through IMP a/b1 inhibition [7]. When all these data were evaluated, it was thought that ivermectin may also be effective in COVID-19 patients.

One of the major limitations in the use of ivermectin is the possible side effects of the drug on the central nervous system (CNS). The most common side effects during ivermectin treatment have been reported as fever, headache, dizziness, pruritus and rash, but neurological side effects such as encephalopathy, confusion and coma have also been reported during its use for the treatment of onchocerciasis. It has been stated that these serious neurological adverse events after ivermectin therapy may be related to CYP3A4 gene inhibition or polymorphisms in the MDR-1/ABCB1 gene [8].

It is known in the literature that MDR-1/ABCB1 gene products control ivermectin entry into the barrier cells of gastrointestinal system and CNS in some animals and parasites and act as a carrier molecule. Similarly, it has also been reported that haplotypes and mutations of the CYP3A4 gene, which encodes a carrier molecule, cause toxic effects or drug dose deficiency by changing the metabolic rate of ivermectin [9].

In this study; it was mainly aimed to investigate the effectiveness of adding ivermectin to the treatment in patients with severe COVID-19 pneumonia. In addition, it was also aimed to investigate the presence of genes that alter ivermectin metabolism and cause toxic effects in patients included in the study and to investigate the safety of ivermectin in patients with and without mutations.

Material and methods

more here