• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Jeopardy!' Host Alex Trebek Diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
FB_IMG_1551983987115.jpg

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Got tested for that last year, shit ive had so many test in the last two years i probably glow in the dark, finally after almost 3 years turns out i had median arcuate ligament syndrome, had surgery for that, also have bad bulging disc t7 pressing on nerves to abdomen and guts, god awfull pain put me in hospital twice in last year, so bad i cant breathe, finally got pain management doc found the issue, has me on tramadol now, just did t7 epidural last week, seems like its helping but jury is still out, have follow up next week. no one can figure out how i have so many t area bad discs, reckon it was from my younger days when i thought i was superman

kiffertom

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Got tested for that last year, shit ive had so many test in the last two years i probably glow in the dark, finally after almost 3 years turns out i had median arcuate ligament syndrome, had surgery for that, also have bad bulging disc t7 pressing on nerves to abdomen and guts, god awfull pain put me in hospital twice in last year, so bad i cant breathe, finally got pain management doc found the issue, has me on tramadol now, just did t7 epidural last week, seems like its helping but jury is still out, have follow up next week. no one can figure out how i have so many t area bad discs, reckon it was from my younger days when i thought i was superman
It sucks getting old...

Big sigh...
"...Keep the Faith, We will win. We'll get it DONE."

Amen
Prayers to all. Gb

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Survival Rates
According to the American Cancer Society, for all stages of pancreatic cancer combined, the one-year relative survival rate is 20%, and the five-year rate is 7%. These low survival rates are attributable to the fact that fewer than 20% of patients’ tumors are confined to the pancreas at the time of diagnosis; in most cases, the malignancy has already progressed to the point where surgical removal is impossible.

In those cases where resection can be performed, the average survival rate is 23 to 36 months. The overall five-year survival rate is about 10%, although this can rise as high as 20% to 35% if the tumor is removed completely and when cancer has not spread to lymph nodes.

http://pancreatic.org/pancreatic-cancer/about-the-pancreas/prognosis/

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
fewer than 20% of patients’ tumors are confined to the pancreas at the time of diagnosis; in most cases, the malignancy has already progressed to the point where surgical removal is impossible.
Once a cancer is found in the lymph nodes it is pretty much "party over" unless the spread can be kept localized in the immediate area.
My dad died due to a cancer tumor perforating the wall of his lung and the cancer was found in the surrounding lymph nodes.
So far my cancerous Kidney tumor had not gotten to any lymph nodes. My six month check-up comes up in April and looking for another "All Clear" report.
FYI - The blood center have suspended me from donating blood until Sept. 2019, one year after the surgery that removed the cancerous kidney.

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
greatest game show of all time

i'll take 'party over' for a thousand
No argument about being the greatest show, I just wish it wasn't so obviously left-leaning politically. Every time the show features Obama, Pelosi, Biden, etc., I want to shut it off. Sometimes I actually do shut it off out of disgust.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
No argument about being the greatest show, I just wish it wasn't so obviously left-leaning politically. Every time the show features Obama, Pelosi, Biden, etc., I want to shut it off. Sometimes I actually do shut it off out of disgust.
been some years since I watched it. sad to hear it's been soiled.

I keep my own score -- how many times I get it right and all three of the contestants miss it. I call them stumps. on a good day i'll get 3 or 4 stumps