• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Jesse Jackson Jr. Wins Reelection From Mayo Clinic

budfox

I have become comfortably numb...
Midas Member
I don't have words anymore.....

Jesse Jackson Jr. won re-election to Illinois' 2nd Congressional district by a landslide Tuesday night, beating his two opponents, Marcus Lewis and Brian Woodwoorth.
As of 2 a.m. Wednesday, and with 99 percent of precincts reporting, Jackson had captured 63 percent of the vote.
"My deep and sincere thanks to the people of the 2nd Congressional District, I am humbled and moved by the support shown today," Jackson said in a written statement. "Everyday, I think about your needs and concerns. Once the Doctors approve my return to work, I will continue to be the progressive fighter you have known for years. My family and I are grateful for your many heartfelt prayers and kind thoughts. I continue to feel better everyday and look forward to serving you."

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...Wins-Reelection--175717941.html#ixzz2BYphdAcR

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Why is he being investigated, but, Senator Obama was not?

Solo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Frigg'n hysterical. I mean, it's either you cry at the realization a congressman (already under investigation) has taken the last few months off for the hell of it and won re-election without even campaigning, or you simply laugh at it.

Irons I think we need to modify the GIM slogan as it's beyond a cartoon at this point :wub:...

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Irons I think we need to modify the GIM slogan as it's beyond a cartoon at this point :wub:...
I don't know what else to say. Cartoons make more sense than this country at this point. :bear_wacko:

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
He has a mental breakdown because they take his blonde barbie girlfriend away.
However, keep your job, we don't actually need you to show up at all.
Keep the taxpayer provided salary, come back to work sometime when you are feeling better.

What?

I'm still laughing at how crazy this is. Our entire system is certifiably insane. Anyone on this forum would have been fired from their job for this same behavior long ago

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
and they want us to pay more? There is no way.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
People are stupid.

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
a strong case that fogging a mirror should not qualify one to vote

this guy WON his election

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/11/21/report-jesse-jackson-jr-resigning-from-congress/

CHICAGO (CBS) – Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has resigned from Congress, citing health reasons and an intensifying federal investigation into the use of his campaign funds.

He notified staff, supporters and some lawmakers this afternoon. He was diagnosed with bipolar disorder this summer.

His resignation letter has been sent to House Speaker John Boehner.

Jackson’s decision came following two weeks of mounting calls for him to come clean with voters, following revelations that his defense lawyer, former U.S. Attorney Dan Webb, was involved in plea bargaining with authorities who’d been investigating Jackson’s alleged misuse of campaign funds.

Jackson’s resignation letter also included his first public acknowledgement of the federal probe.

“During this journey, I have made my share of mistakes. I am aware of the ongoing federal investigation into my activities and I am doing my best to address the situation responsibly,” he wrote.

A statement from Jackson’s lawyers, including Webb, said, “Mr. Jackson is cooperating with the investigation. We hope to negotiate a fair resolution of the matter but the process could take several months. During that time, we will have no further comment and urge you to give Mr. Jackson the privacy he needs to heal and handle these issues responsibly.”

There have been news reports the feds are also investigating Jackson’s wife, Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th) in connection to possible misuse of campaign funds, but Jackson’s letter clearly seeks to absolve her of any wrongdoing.

Congressman Jackson easily won re-election earlier this month, despite not appearing in public since he took a medical leave of absence in June.

Though for several weeks now, it has no longer been a matter of if he would resign, but when.

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
a strong case that fogging a mirror should not qualify one to vote.
In Chicago, you don't even have to do that.

"Vote early and vogte often."