• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Jesus took the wheel as massive pipe crushed van

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Jesus took the wheel as massive pipe crushed van

MELBOURNE, Fla. — It was a real-life case of Jesus taking the wheel.

A truck carrying scrap metal tried to exit State Road 528 on its way to westbound Interstate 4 in Orlando but lost control, struck a guardrail and overturned Saturday.

The wreck sent a huge pipe over the side of the exit ramp and onto a 2003 Pontiac minivan traveling below, crushing its roof and practically flattening the vehicle on the driver's side.

But everything turned out OK. Jesus was at the wheel — literally.

IMG_1153.jpg

The van's driver, Jesus Armando Escobar of Orlando, survived the crash with only minor injuries. He was transported to Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Luckily all involved have minor injuries.

The driver of the truck Antonio Santiago Wharton, sustained only minor injuries as well, but was ticketed for careless driving.

Florida Highway Patrol troopers described the scene as "amazing."

The ramp onto westbound I-4 from State Road 528 was closed for several hours as crews removed the scrap metal from the roadway.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Looks like Jesus had a few tequilas for breakfast..

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Why did the scrap truck lose control?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Looks like Jesus had a few tequilas for breakfast..
This is SATAN's World.
REMEMBER the Temptations of Christ ?
Jesus NEVER called Satan a liar at anytime of the quizzings in the Temptations.

All Satan wanted was for Jesus to bow down to him.
Jesus said "Get Behind thee Satan".

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
If that's what it takes to avoid the giant chunk of steel about to smash you, then it's tequila for breakfast!

Edited to add: amazing it didn't bust the drivers side window
Without the Tequila he would have FREAKED for sure.

Jesus just opened the passenger door and strolled over to the diner. "Hey mate, you'll never guess what just happened to me on the exit ramp. Could someone please call me an Uber driver?"

Jesus is cool that way.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Who gets the pipe?
Scrap steel is up.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Frightening. Stories like this hit close to home. My wife worked with a heart surgeon who got decapitated on the way to work from a metal plate that fell off a truck.

Here is a link to the archived story:

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/top-doc-killed-hit-steel-object-lie-article-1.484082

What is even stranger is that the accident was similar to the November 1998 crash on the Long Island Expressway that killed "Sophie's Choice" director, Alan Pakula who was hit in the head by a 7-foot pipe, that fell from a truck and bounced off the road and then crashed through the windshield of his car.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What is even stranger is that the accident was similar to the November 1998 crash on the Long Island Expressway that killed "Sophie's Choice" director, Alan Pakula who was hit in the head by a 7-foot pipe, that fell from a truck and bounced off the road and then crashed through the windshield of his car.
Just think, you likely only heard of and/or remember those because of who they involved. There are many no-name-regular-people that stuff like that happens to virtually every day. Shit falls off trucks all the time.
Edited to add: but probably not off @Mujahideen s truck. I'm sure he ties his loads down good. lol

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
ANOTHER ( The Good die Young):

Last edited:

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Just think, you likely only heard of and/or remember those because of who they involved. There are many no-name-regular-people that stuff like that happens to virtually every day. Shit falls off trucks all the time.
Edited to add: but probably not off @Mujahideen s truck. I'm sure he ties his loads down good. lol
I don't need to know about Muja's loads....

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
This is specifically why I don't do flatbed. One tiny mistake or misfortune and you could kill someone... plus trying to tie down shit in the rain isn't my thing.

I know how clumsy I am, I would be a danger to the public if I were to do it.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I have to drive around and through the oil field often and it is the same kind of hazard - what used to be sleepy lightly traveled country roads have become dangerous, bumper to bumper with heavy trucks. Broken windshields are routine - the trucks are coming off of dirts roads from the drilling sites and bringing rocks onto the road - and you see all kinds of debris on the road, like metal and tools that fall off trucks. Some of the truckers think they are driving in Nascar. I go 40 miles out of my way to avoid one particular road - just too dangerous.

Last edited:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I-4 is always a mess from east to west. I travel it all the time, but try to avoid it whenever possible.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Somebody should say his prayers, that was a miracle...

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
@andial
Its an " up and over" west bound from the east then turning southwest bound and merging into I4 from the right side.
Decreasing radius.
Radius entry is right over the left / through lanes.
Over the years....amazing number of like accidents.
Cabs of semis hanging over,
Flaming everything.
Side of the upper deck is marked up like you would not believe.
Looks like a bad Nascar turn on the amatuer circuit.
Its almost like is a planned gauntlet for some sick kind of natural selection.
Driven under it probably 5000 times.
Yes, thats 5000.
Like Silver above.....F that....too many tourists and knucklehead semi lead foots....drive out of my way whenever I can to avoid it when I can.
Theres a 1 billion 6 year interstate upgrade going on that may replace it.
Damn should.
Also, its right in the tourist sector.
Much of the time not up to speed there which has cut down I am sure on decapitations.
Talk a lttle later.
Nice pic in the OP though.
Regards,

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I was thinking lead foot myself sir.