• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Jim Rickards and Egon von Greyerz discuss $10,000 gold

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

I’ll be honest and say that I only clicked on the video because of all the shiny white 1k oz silver bars. :blond:

They had an interesting conversation, pretty much the same old ‘preaching to the choir stuff’. It explains why 10k gold is inevitable; the only question is when.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Nothing I don’t already know, but still a good talk. I like both of those guys. I liked that little 1K bar of gold more than all those big, fat bars of silver. I’m thinking like Irons, more and more all the time; gold-silver ratio be damned.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
At this point, pre paper market collapsing, you can’t go wrong with either.

Everyone will see the obvious opportunity for silver once the panic for physical gold starts. When all the gold is flying off the shelf and eventually gets sold out even at high prices, that demand will cascade into silver.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Try hiding $10,000 worth of silver in your anal cavity while trying to act “casual” at a DHS checkpoint.

On the other hand a tube of 1/10’s fits nicely into the anal cavity ...with the help of a little KY that is. The wife can hold even more.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
If that’s what we are doing then it’s gonna be 100k bitcoin. lol

FYI - that video is from 2016. I only mention it because some of the statements made with respect to Swiss refiners having trouble sourcing gold may or may not be true today.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Try hiding $10,000 worth of silver in your anal cavity while trying to act “casual” at a DHS checkpoint.

On the other hand a tube of 1/10’s fits nicely into the anal cavity ...with the help of a little KY that is. The wife can hold even more.
DHS has these things called scanners. They have them at the airports now and can see inside the anal cavity. Looking for drugs currently but anything that comes up would probably warrant a search.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I've never really watched his stuff before and here's why. His interviews just seem staged. Sort of like Hillary during the debates when they ask her a question and without thinking she just answers. Like she has rehearsed that exact question a million times.
It's also hard to trust anyone who works or has worked for the CIA.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
DHS has these things called scanners. They have them at the airports now and can see inside the anal cavity. Looking for drugs currently but anything that comes up would probably warrant a search.
I’m not much of a flyer but good point. I’m thinking now T206 collection rolled up and disguised as a tampon and inserted into wife’s vagina may be the only wealth I can smuggle out now.

Last edited:

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Make 24k fishing sinkers for your fishing trip. Who wants to open a stinky tackle box.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I think Rickards is full of shit ! He is hawking his book.
He double speaks with telling us that the system can be shut down in 2 days & all your money/assets will be seized. Then he tells you to have cash on hand. 90% silver & fractional gold is far more universal & holds value through thick & thin.
A close approximation of gold value is the comparison of home prices.
In 1969, a home with a value of $21,000, could be bought with about 500 ounces of gold ($42/oz.)
Today that same home is $600,000 & can be bought with about 500 ounces of gold ($1200/oz.)
Think of money as "work credits" because that is really what money is, fiat is not money.
I have listened to these guys for 50 years or more. The time is coming, BUT it is very slow in coming. We are being slowly drained.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The wife can hold even more.
Apparently Mrs. Paradise does her kegals. lol

His interviews just seem staged. Sort of like Hillary during the debates when they ask her a question and without thinking she just answers.
Perhaps the difference is that he just knows his stuff and doesn't need to rehearse his answers?
....but you also should remember that any professional looking video like you posted has likely been done using multiple takes and I'm sure there's some sort of script or guideline they go by, simply due to the fact they are attempting to convey to the viewer, a specific message in a certain amount of time. IMO, there's nothing wrong with that if the intent is to produce a more succinct and on-point presentation to the viewer. Which how the vid you posted strikes me.

The hag needing the questions ahead of time for a live event tells me she was afraid of possibly giving a bad answer if she had to think on her feet.

It's also hard to trust anyone who works or has worked for the CIA
At least he's open about it. If he was some kinda disinfo spook workin' for them, you'd never know for sure and he would never admit it. I also do not think that he'd say what he does starting at 31:00 in the vid you posted if he truly was a cia operative.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I have listened to these guys for 50 years or more. The time is coming, BUT it is very slow in coming. We are being slowly drained.
I think what’s different now is this:

B19E5887-C97E-4670-9AD0-5A0C7AD4CE1A.jpeg

We are on thin ice.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
We are on thin ice.
Yep. We're at the point of having to use Visa to pay off the MC and use it to then pay off the AMEX card and use it to pay off the Visa bill.
....and our creditors are all nervously starting to look for an exit as we're hurriedly fillin' out a Discover card application.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
If we get $10K gold they’ll be digging up old graves to get the gold teeth the crooked undertakers didn’t get.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Here is the problem. According to the gov., the dollar is in the toilet. I added the text in red.
According to this, the price of gold is near inline until 2011.
If the dollar value now, is less than a penny, then gold should be in the $2000/2500 range.
JMHO

$ deval to 2018.jpg

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If we get $10K gold they’ll be digging up old graves to get the gold teeth the crooked undertakers didn’t get.
Been there, done that ! :secret:

2 gold teeth.jpg

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Im afraid we've all underestimated the power of the Deep state, should have had 3 digit silver and 5 k gold over a decade ago.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Bullshit, all bullshit! $10k gold is bullshit...catchy, ain't it?

Last edited:

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Sorry to take this conversation back a few steps, but on the subject of smuggling gold....

The Vietnamese used wafer thin sheets of gold commonly referred to as Kim Thanh gold bars or leaves.

They are about 3 to 4 inches long and approximately 1 and a half to 2 inches wide, they total 37.5 grams of gold.

Typically they would cut the wafer into very thin strips and sew it into seems in their garments, such as collars, and coat/jacket hems.

1545097486440.png

Some would fashion larger "chunks" of gold into buttons and replace the heavy buttons on the coats with the 24k gold buttons they just made. Nobody would suspect the buttons on a peasant's coat were anything but simply gold colored.

VaSolvo

Good thought about the buttons. I have contemplated melting and pouring PMs in to clothes hangers. Hang a few shirts, jackets and slacks and away you go. Perhaps cover them with those paper envelopes like what you get from the dry cleaners to make them look even more authentic. Might be problematic to return the metals to a marketable shape & weight but that's a problem for the end of the trip.

Last edited:

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Good thought about the buttons. I have contemplated melting and pouring PMs in to clothes hangers. ....
We are still a long way away from the confiscation of gold. Likely decades away.

But if/when that ever rolls out, the detectors will detect and determine most any element on the periodic table no matter where it's hidden. When that day comes, if you or your children are still around at that time, the only solution is to already be where you want to go and already with everything that you wanted to bring along.

If/when that day comes to your land, it's not a given that the gold will even do you any good.

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

I don't think my wife would go along with that plan...not even 1 roll...anywhere... me either...i don't go where gerbils go.
That reminds me of a joke. One mistakenly ends up in a gay bar. The 1 thing you don't want to hear? "Can i push your stool in?"

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I think those new machines they have show everything on the inside of the body