• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Jim Rogers Interview : Buy GOLD Buy Silver

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
"◆ “Get knowledgeable and get prepared as this crisis is going to be the worst in my life time”

◆ “I own physical gold and silver coins … everyone should own them”

◆ “I own Chinese, Russian, American, Australian, Austrian silver coins” and “I own UK and other gold coins”

◆ “Singapore has been and is a very safe location for storage, Switzerland is too, Austria is too, Liechtenstein is too, so far”

◆ “The Generals and “all the elites” have “their gold stored in Switzerland”

◆ The next crisis is going to happen so fast that people may not have time to react

◆ The fiat currency experiment of the last 50 years is coming to a brutal end

◆ “If you know a lot about silver and gold, you might allocate 90%”

◆ Gold and silver futures will be best in terms of returns, “if the financial and futures markets are still functioning”

◆ Gold and particularly silver are set to surge even more in the coming months and years

◆ The fiat currency experiment of the last 50 years is coming to a brutal end

◆ Gold and silver are not rising rather all fiat currencies are falling versus the precious metals

◆ This is seen in the surge of gold in all currencies to record nominal highs

◆ Gold’s record high in British pounds shows sterling is “falling apart” as people “are losing confidence in sterling”

◆ “Don’t sell your silver gold and silver now even though it may go down for a while”

◆ “If you do not know much about gold, please don’t invest too much in it”

◆ “I have made plenty of mistakes” …”all kinds” …”do you want to hear about my first wife!?”

◆ “Go out and have children … my children float my boat now more than anything else” ......

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Much appreciation for the cliff's, Brix.

Golden Regards
Uncle

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
At the 23min. mark Rogers pulls an Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugs theme.
When questioned about the general public and their lack of Gold and Silver Historic knowledge Rogers sez " DON'T TELL THEM..... Let them find out the hard way".

Ms. Rand once was questioned "How do we protect our fellow man ?" Ms Rand's curt response was "Don't Be One of Them".

If ya got the time, listen to the entire interview. Of all the years I've listen to Roger's interviews this is one of the best.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I think this guy is out of his league with Jim Rogers. He sounds a lot like someone who is guessing on what is going on in the market.

Rogers is comfortable because he knows what is going on. No guessing. He sees the big picture.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I think this guy is out of his league with Jim Rogers. He sounds a lot like someone who is guessing on what is going on in the market.

Rogers is comfortable because he knows what is going on. No guessing. He sees the big picture.
Agree, If the guy was interviewing anybody else I could not have listened to it, and I will not look for any of his other interviews.
His vocal tone is so weak and hesitant on the verge of a stutter and the small talk of the last few minutes was like that of a fan to his idol and not a member in a PM firm doing an interview.

Do these cos. pay money for X amount of interview time ? IDK. I did notice Jim hustle a book for the Japanese market but minimal.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
"If you do not know much about gold, please don’t invest too much in it"
What does that mean?

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
"If you do not know much about gold, please don’t invest too much in it"
What does that mean?
DO NOT BUY PAPER GOLD.
Own some physical Gold and Silver.
Do not SELL physical Gold and Silver at this time.
Your physical Gold will provide you wealth in bad financial times.
Your physical Silver will be your money in bad financial times.
Denominations and Country of Origin will not be important. Just own some physical.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
He showed his cards at around 32 minutes into the interview. After saying repeatedly that it wasn't time to buy gold and silver yet he clarified saying that he already had plenty of gold and silver but that he didn't think it was time to play gold and silver FUTURES yet. That tells me he expects the same moon shot down the road that many of the other louder goldbugs have been speaking about.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
the small talk of the last few minutes was like that of a fan to his idol and not a member in a PM firm doing an interview.
Good observation... though it felt like this throughout to me... you coined the 'feeling'...

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The last interview I saw with Jimmy was several years ago, and he did the interview while riding an exercise bike. Too funny.

I had a quick look on YouTube, but couldn't find it. I'm not sure , but I think the interview was with CNBC Asia or Bloomberg TV.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
He showed his cards at around 32 minutes into the interview. After saying repeatedly that it wasn't time to buy gold and silver yet he clarified saying that he already had plenty of gold and silver but that he didn't think it was time to play gold and silver FUTURES yet. That tells me he expects the same moon shot down the road that many of the other louder goldbugs have been speaking about.
But he also cautioned about timing of buying futures too. - You can make alot of money or you can lose alot of money.
I viewed his points as I got mine (physical) and currently I'm HOLDING. I'm not currently investing in Gold and Silver and I am not SELLING any physial Gold or Silver. I may speculate a portion when I feel the time is right - .
That was my take away

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
sage advice from 10 years ago

rogers -- "don't short anything"

he explained that when frbny goes on a money printing orgy anything/everything can/will go up in price. this was in the depths of the last crash. he was spot on while others of his ilk were saying the opposite

anyone remember peter schiff? 5000 dow and 5000 gold was his call when rogers uncorked his quote above

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The last interview I saw with Jimmy was several years ago, and he did the interview while riding an exercise bike. Too funny.
I believe I saw that one too. I chuckled.
He's trying to stay healthy to see those kids grown. He started later in life than I did, 60.

I liked him talking mistakes he has made in his career. His first "My First Marriage". LOL