• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

John Williams-Dollar Faces Death Knell ~ USA Watchdog

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Published on Jan 28, 2017
Economist John Williams says, “We are facing a terrible crisis. . . . In terms of the Fed (getting control) and the long term solvency issues, these are death knells for the dollar. Unless those are addressed, you are going to see massive selling of the dollar, a debasement of the dollar and high inflation that will lead you into hyperinflation. That’s what comes into play. Prior to this administration, I would have given the chances of avoiding that as nil, but with this administration, I have some hope here.”

BarnacleBob

Moderator, Equal opportunity annoyer!
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
No disrespect but I've been hearing this same rhetoric since 1972.... yet here we are & the $ is as strong as ever relative to the basket & its long term average around .98 dxu.

One day John Williams will be proven correct, but I suspect it wont be anytime soon! The $ value rests on commerce, a.k.a. the major Exchange TRADED corps accepting it as a medium of exchange. Since their stocks & bonds are $ denominated & payable only in $, they have great incentives to accept & support the $ currency & financial system.

Johnny boy doesnt ever seem to mention as Paul Harvey would say, "the rest of the story."