• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

JOKE OF THE DAY!?!

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I've lived in Gibsonton (Gibtown) Florida. I knew the carneys. THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY I'M GETTING ON A CARNIVAL RIDE!
One of my siblings ran off with the carnival quite literally. Became a con-artist extraordinaire.

Nope. No trust there.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
One of my siblings ran off with the carnival quite literally. Became a con-artist extraordinaire.

Nope. No trust there.
There's a story to tell there! Please elaborate...

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
There's a story to tell there! Please elaborate...

Let's just say, that this particular sibling will ask everyone in the room for some spare change to buy a cup of coffee. When finished, for the time being, will buy said cup of coffee and pocket twenty bucks of spare change without ever having spent any of the few hundred dollars that was being carried in the first place.

I learned from this one to watch for verbal and non-verbal cues and many other details when the "poor" folks are begging for money on the street corner. When there were slow days with the traveling carnival, the carnies would note which intersections were the busiest on the way in town to set-up. They would go there on the slow days to pocket a few hundred dollars in a few hours. Because of this sibling, I am usually able to spot a fraud miles away.

EDIT:

Said sibling will ask you for change even if it is known you are scraping by on your last few bucks without remorse.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Idiots attacking elevators (Elevator FAILS)

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Let's just say, that this particular sibling will ask everyone in the room for some spare change to buy a cup of coffee. When finished, for the time being, will buy said cup of coffee and pocket twenty bucks of spare change without ever having spent any of the few hundred dollars that was being carried in the first place.

I learned from this one to watch for verbal and non-verbal cues and many other details when the "poor" folks are begging for money on the street corner. When there were slow days with the traveling carnival, the carnies would note which intersections were the busiest on the way in town to set-up. They would go there on the slow days to pocket a few hundred dollars in a few hours. Because of this sibling, I am usually able to spot a fraud miles away.

EDIT:

Said sibling will ask you for change even if it is known you are scraping by on your last few bucks without remorse.
Yep, you are just a "mark' to them

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
1600824388598.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.06.40 AM.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.59.37 AM.png

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 7.52.55 PM.png

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Things best left unsaid... One year I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a birthday gift. The next year, I didn't buy her anything. When she asked me why, I replied, "You still haven't used the gift I gave you last year!" My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school reunion. She kept staring at an obviously drunk man, sitting all alone, swigging his drinks at a nearby table. I asked, "Do you know him?" "Yes," she sighed. "He's my old boyfriend. I understand he started drinking years ago, right after we broke up. I heard he hasn't been sober since." "My goodness!" I said. "Who would have thought a person could continue celebrating that long?

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Don't eat chinese food unless it is streamed rice and veggies....

Stray animals disappear in northern New England, they find a local Chinese resident looking for a cheap source....
The first time my wife cooks up a neighborhood cat and serves it to me is the day I'm filing for divorce.
BF

PS: I realize you said 'chinese food' but I assume you mean Asian <heh>

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Dunno about cats, but I've had chunks of dogmeat on a stick in the Orient. Meh.

Tasted like daschund

1600962539601.png
1600963236242.png

Skins sold separately. They're on the ground between us and the sales lady.

Last edited:

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
What's worse than donkey meat? Fake donkey meat.

There was a story some months ago about someone in China (always China, it seems) selling fake donkey meat. The buyers could tell something was not quite right because it didn't taste like ass.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Don't eat chinese food unless it is streamed rice and veggies....

Stray animals disappear in northern New England, they find a local Chinese resident looking for a cheap source....
1600965239696.png

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
1600975675574.png