• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

JOKE OF THE DAY!?!

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
See? See how confusing it all is? Just call it 1 liter, or 2 liters and be done with it....

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Metric is simple

I love it for mass and distance but I smell sawdust burning when trying to do torque or stress strain. I’m just too used to footpounds. Newton meters sounds like a cookie

The fact that there is cross over is the winning argument 1 liter of water is also 1 kg weight is a little cleaner than a gallon is 8.33 pounds

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
The way I see metric vs Imperial is metric is simple to use and Imperial requires some work, simple thing for simple minds...

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well shit. I guess I better come up with another cartoon to get this thread back on track.

Cartoon Life.jpg
look out!! here comes another one!!
revenge of the cartoonists!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
1632274244389.png

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
1632276947378.png

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I love it for mass and distance but I smell sawdust burning when trying to do torque or stress strain. I’m just too used to footpounds. Newton meters sounds like a cookie

The fact that there is cross over is the winning argument 1 liter of water is also 1 kg weight is a little cleaner than a gallon is 8.33 pounds
There it is.

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well, I'll be darned. I was really pissed at her. Now I'd like to shake her hand. :beer:

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I wasn't either. I didn't start 'thinking' metric until I started carving plates. It was an 'Ah HA!' moment for me. I struggled with math from the beginning.

It's like knowing two different languages when one will do.

US manufacturer's didn't want to afford the cost to change. So now they afford the cost to buy twice the tools. US car manufacturers have Mitsubishi engines with metric bolts and US lug nuts.

My work requires me me to have the ability.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

"And a Pint and a Pound is same world 'round".

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
There it is.

You have to slug it out in the English system.

And then to know the difference between the U. S. Survey foot and the International foot. It matters.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
And then to know the difference between the U. S. Survey foot and the International foot. It matters.
I bet it is the same when someone gets kicked in the ass with either.
o_O

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
1632421716272.png

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
very apropos for today's comic world we're livin in brother mountain.

BF

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
1632530271553.png

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
^ Is Biden the mumbly classroom teacher?

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
A man walks into a store with his eight-year-old son. They happen to walk by the condom display, and the boy asks, "What are these, Dad?"

To which the man matter-of-factly replies, "Those are called condoms, son. Men use them to have safe sex."

"Oh I see." replied the boy pensively. "Yes, I've heard of that in health class at school."

He looks over the display and picks up a package of 3 and asks, "Why are there 3 in this package." The dad replies, "Those are for high school boys. One for Friday, one for Saturday, and one for Sunday."

"Cool!" says the boy. He notices a 6 pack and asks "Then who are these for?"

"Those are for college men." the dad answers, "TWO for Friday,TWO for Saturday, and TWO for Sunday."

"WOW!" exclaimed the boy; "Then who uses THESE?" he asks, picking up a 12 pack.

With a sigh, the dad replied, "Those are for married men. One for January, one for February, one for March........"

Drumblebum

Reaction score
A man walks into a store with his eight-year-old son. They happen to walk by the condom display, and the boy asks, "What are these, Dad?"

To which the man matter-of-factly replies, "Those are called condoms, son. Men use them to have safe sex."

"Oh I see." replied the boy pensively. "Yes, I've heard of that in health class at school."

He looks over the display and picks up a package of 3 and asks, "Why are there 3 in this package." The dad replies, "Those are for high school boys. One for Friday, one for Saturday, and one for Sunday."

"Cool!" says the boy. He notices a 6 pack and asks "Then who are these for?"

"Those are for college men." the dad answers, "TWO for Friday,TWO for Saturday, and TWO for Sunday."

"WOW!" exclaimed the boy; "Then who uses THESE?" he asks, picking up a 12 pack.

With a sigh, the dad replied, "Those are for married men. One for January, one for February, one for March........"
The daddiest of dad jokes. Love it.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Ehhh…I’d bet most “rich” people are
Miserable. Don’t get me wrong….beats the heck out of poverty and barely surviving, but I’d take comfortable and happy any day. Mo money mo problems.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Nancy Pelosi was visiting a primary school in Tampa recently and visited a grade 4 class. They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked Mrs Pelosi if she would like to lead the discussion on the word “ tragedy.” So our illustrious Democrat asked the class for an example of a “tragedy.”

One little boy stood up and offered, “If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in a the field and a tractor runs over and kills him, that would be a tragedy.”

No, said Pelosi, “ That would be an accident.”

A little girl raised her hand, “If a school bus carrying 50 children, drove off a cliff killing everyone, that would be a tragedy.”

“I’m afraid not”, Pelosi explained, “ that would be a great loss.”

The room went silent, and no other child volunteered. Pelosi searched the room. “Isn’t there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?”

“And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?”

Finally at the back of the room little Sam raised his hand. The teacher held her breath. In a quiet voice he said, “If the plane carrying you was struck by “friendly fire” missile and blown to smithereens that would be a tragedy.

“Fantastic!”, exclaimed Pelosi, “Thats right and can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?”

“Well”, said Sam, “It has to be a tragedy, because it sure as hell wouldn’t be a great loss … and you can bet your ass it wouldn’t be an accident either!”

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
1632738790336.png