• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

JOKE OF THE DAY!?!

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
16B2715B-5392-4844-AF32-F7859018268C.jpeg

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
chemical warfare...

FART WARFARE | GRUNT SPEAK SHORTS​

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I didn’t really want to like that because that sucks, but it’s interesting.

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1651156273889.png

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Red Panda
Interesting little animal.
But it's not a bear like the other panda, it's closer related to the raccoon and skunk.
Has a pretty unique habitat zone also:
Red Panda distribution.jpg

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I once came up with a circuit that saved my company $4.6M in the first year. They got the patent, I got a Dinner For Two at Skitch Henderson's Bird and Bottle.
what did it do and can you post it here?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
what did it do and can you post it here?
It was a "fuse" that would actuate a second (flag alarm) circuit. The "fuse" would trip at 500 nanoamps. It was used to detect dendritic growth across microprocessors.

What it did that was so important is that for the first time, the microscopic dendrites would be "frozen" so they could be examined by a Scanning Electronic Microprobe (not microscope). Prior to this, the dendrite field was completely polluted before the major circuit failed, leaving just a micro-molten hole. Big mystery, solved by your once-brilliant Unca.

Because of this, the root cause was discovered and corrected.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Big mystery, solved by your once-brilliant Unca.

Because of this, the root cause was discovered and corrected.
Yer still 'brilliant'... but what was the 'root cause'?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Red Panda
Interesting little animal.
But it's not a bear like the other panda, it's closer related to the raccoon and skunk.
Has a pretty unique habitat zone also:
There has to be one animobile that is the cutest.

Red Pandas are it.

I challenge anybody to watch this short video and not see how adorable they are. Tubby, short legs, big fluffy tail, face like fluffy toy. SOUND UP.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I once came up with a circuit that saved my company $4.6M in the first year. They got the patent, I got a Dinner For Two at Skitch Henderson's Bird and Bottle.

I had a similar experience, but saved the client a few million dollars. The company got recognition. Project Manager got a raise. I got my bi-weekly paycheck.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D.: Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it manifests: I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.
As I start toward the garage to get a sponge, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.
I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the waste basket under the table, and notice that the basket is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first.
But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first. I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left.
My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking. I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.
The Coke is getting warm and I decide to put it in the fridge to keep it cold. As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye… They need water.
I put the Coke on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.
I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote someone left it on the kitchen table.
I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.
So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.
Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.
At the end of the day: The car isn't washed. The bills aren't paid. There is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter. The flowers don't have enough water. There is still only 1 check in my check book. I can't find the remote. I can't find my glasses. And I don't remember what I did with the car keys. Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all darn day.
And I'm really tired.
I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail...

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Yer still 'brilliant'... but what was the 'root cause'?
This is gonna be as hard to swallow as a Vaseline sandwich, but the source of the contaminant was discovered to be the twice-yearly roof maintenance on the huge complex. Aerosols with chlorine were being "ingested" by the air conditioning system (also on the roof) and chlorine activates silver to migrate in dendritic growths, causing the palladium dam-pads to get what we termed "palladium depletion" <-- a disruption caused by the silver in the lands to get microscopic (but chip circuit "huge") black bundles of silver chloride which eventually caused circuit failure.

The palladium depletion problem was a poser, because the silver chloride was not visible until too fargin late. My circuit pointed out the source of the problem by having the Jack Frost of silver dendrites visible, and not a black blob of "too late". Once we knew the culprit, we set up a MAP and found the source.

To be fair, I was sorta on a faster track after that. My remuneration wasn't my reward: I got to choose if I wanted to move to Floriduh... away from the Arctic Hudson River Valley. Jumped onnit like a froggie on a fly.

Just thought of sumpin' regarding this: My circuit was actually given a fargin name: The "Dendrite 500". Kewl.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This is gonna be as hard to swallow as a Vaseline sandwich, but the source of the contaminant was discovered to be the twice-yearly roof maintenance on the huge complex. Aerosols with chlorine were being "ingested" by the air conditioning system (also on the roof) and chlorine activates silver to migrate in dendritic growths, causing the palladium dam-pads to get what we termed "palladium depletion" <-- a disruption caused by the silver in the lands to get microscopic (but chip circuit "huge") black bundles of silver chloride which eventually caused circuit failure.

The palladium depletion problem was a poser, because the silver chloride was not visible until too fargin late. My circuit pointed out the source of the problem by having the Jack Frost of silver dendrites visible, and not a black blob of "too late". Once we knew the culprit, we set up a MAP and found the source.

To be fair, I was sorta on a faster track after that. My remuneration wasn't my reward: I got to choose if I wanted to move to Floriduh... away from the Arctic Hudson River Valley. Jumped onnit like a froggie on a fly.

Just thought of sumpin' regarding this: My circuit was actually given a fargin name: The "Dendrite 500". Kewl.
that was really interesting! Thanks!

Evl Bnkr

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Very cool. Brings back vague memories I have from the ten years I spent working at a little semiconductor equip Co. in Silicon Valley (AMAT). I recall issues around dendritic growth. I was never closely involved but heard occasional status/update blurbs in meetings.. Thanks for sharing Unca!

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
There's a guy on radio in Dallas who once told this story.
He was called into the general manager's office.
The GM says "Norm, I don't know what we'd do without you."
"But starting tomorrow we're gonna find out."
THAT is how he was told he was being let go

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
1651284728635.png

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
1651284749854.png

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Employer: We are letting you go. Your performance is not up to our expectations.

Employee: By what Stardards, am I being judged?

Employer: That's sexist & racist!.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
7f5.jpg

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score