• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

JOKE OF THE DAY!?!

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Back when I was a kid, it was wax fruit. Damn, they sure looked good! And for some reason, the wax fruit was usually near one of those steel ball clackers (balls hanging from strings).

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
image.jpeg

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Joke of the day? My HDD and me. I have been limping along as a cripple and just figured it out, now for self surgery. Thing of it is and this is the real joke: My warranty ran out on 1/20/2018 now ain't that a hoot,
I just picked up a 1 TB backup drive just to save me from catastrophes like this. It was only $49 at the local electronics store, Frys.com, with tax it was $53. Well worth the peace of mind, and you can get free shipping on it. It's super small too.
WDElementsdrive.jpg

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I just picked up a 1 TB backup drive just to save me from catastrophes like this. It was only $49 at the local electronics store, Frys.com, with tax it was $53. Well worth the peace of mind, and you can get free shipping on it. It's super small too. View attachment 99385
I've had a couple of those externals go bad over the years.
However! I've also worked on a few washers.

mime-attachment1.jpg

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Backing up has been the norm forever. External drives are a workable solution ... so long as you use them as backups. If you have less than 2 up to date copies of your data .... well, it's the same logic I often hear about guns .... If you have 2, you have one. If you have one, you have none.

I will warn against something I've seen recently. Thumb drive RAID. Folks taking a 10 port USB hub and loading it with cheap USB drives, then using software to map it into a single larger drive. The problem with this is ... multiple points of failure. Usually they're configured to Raid 0 with no redundancy and when one drive craps out ... the entire thing is flushed. That's when I start hearing the cries of "But but but ... RAID!!!" Yeah, there's a level of raid with no redundancy and you picked it. RAID 5 can stand losing a drive ... but I've yet to see anyone using it for this.