• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Joker - the movie ?

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Going to watch this tonight and see what all the hype is about. will leave a review tonight or tomorrow. All kinds of drama over this one. Is it just to get asses in the seats or is this bigger than that.

Anyone seen it already ?

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
And???

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
please, tell me that it will only be shown once, never to be seem again under any circumstances and if I don;t see it now i will miss it forever.

Please!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Going to watch this tonight and see what all the hype is about. will leave a review tonight or tomorrow. All kinds of drama over this one. Is it just to get asses in the seats or is this bigger than that.

Anyone seen it already ?
I'll wait until Tuesday. That is the discount day for Senior Citizens here. Your locale my be different if you have any of the major theater cos.
I did go see Ad Astra . For JOKER - The theater had rented one armed LEXPD for O.T. work for that night and Friday and probably at least for the weekend.
"There Is No Such Thing As BAD Publicity". There is a faction that wants to be present for a potential "CAR WRECK", like fans that go to live NASCAR events.
I'll see if he's still there Tuesday.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Where's Caesar Romero when you need him? :D
From what I've read he was the only actor that did not have psychological issues doing the character.
Even Jack Nicholson told reporters he had issues for awhile after his filming was over.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Looks like a typical garbage movie with a garbage plot doing absolutely nothing to further or advance culture or humanity.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Looks like a typical garbage movie with a garbage plot doing absolutely nothing to further or advance culture or humanity.
You can count those kinds of movies on one hand, maybe two if ya got a good memory.
It is called "entertainment" for a reason.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Audience seem to like it critic "meh"( That's a PLUS in my book)
"...On Thursday, the DC film “Joker” played in theaters across the country, though the official day of release is not until Friday, and audience reviews quickly poured into review site Rotten Tomatoes.
Viewers loved the film, scoring “Joker” at a solid 93% approval as of Friday morning. Critics, on the other hand, scored the film with a much lower collective score of 69% approval, which is still technically “certified fresh” on the review site. "...

More at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/joke...tm_content=100519-news&utm_campaign=position3

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Are you auditioning for a seat on a Third Reich censorship committee or something. It’s a 2hr escape into the world of the joker so lighten up Francis ....or is it Adolf?

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I don't think I'll live long enough to see it as I only seen the Sting last winter. Kinda/sorta hate to spend my money so folks in lala land think they are doing something good.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I don't think I'll live long enough to see it as I only seen the Sting last winter. Kinda/sorta hate to spend my money so folks in lala land think they are doing something good.
I don't know about Canadian libraries but here in A- mer-rica the libraries have recent releases on DVD. Ya check 'em out like a book but most only give your a two-three day window then it must be returned.
I do these for the MRS. she wants to watch when she wants to so it works for her. Plus she has weird tastes in movies. So far I have not been interested in watching the movies she likes Xs 25 yrs.
Last one we seen together was Tina Turner's Whats Love Got to do with it

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Are you auditioning for a seat on a Third Reich censorship committee or something. It’s a 2hr escape into the world of the joker so lighten up Francis ....or is it Adolf?
Great one...I call a movie garbage and get labeled as Hitler. Keep up the programming comrade.

foolsgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
They sue gun makers. Yet hollywood pumps this shit out then calls for a ban on guns. Doesn't make sense. I say sue this producers of this film.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Spoilers alert.....

It was actually pretty good. There was no super hero. It was about a guy who had nothing to lose, was living with his mom in a shitty big city infested with rats ( garbage strike) He took low-pay gig jobs as a clown and got beat up by a gang of kids while spinning a sign. His mom had a stroke, he lost his job because another clown gave him a gun to protect himself after he got beat by kids, and it fell out while he was doing his act in a childrens hospital. Wall street assholes assaulted him on the subway after that and he shot them all after they attacked him ( self defense) He came home and his mom had a stroke. While she was in the hospital he found out she "lied" to him and killed her over it -- that bruce waynes father was his father- then he found out she was telling the truth and that bruce waynes father had her committed and made her sign adoption papers so she couldnt prove he knocked her up. So he killed batmans mother and father... creating batman Interesting story.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Thanks, you just saved me $10, or is it now $20?

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Our good 'n decent forum has been completely invaded/occupied by Adolph's newest youth group, 'Das Uber Mensch!'

Guess we have to go underground now, same as they had to did in France?

Didn't see Joker but plan on seeing the Irishman soon. Also plan on spending that SS money as fast as they can print it

I get the fiat fresh from the WellsFargo window near their museum in downtown Minneapolis;.

I swear the ink isn't even dry yet as I am the first uber geezer to touch it. :dog:

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I get the fiat fresh from the WellsFargo window near their museum in downtown Minneapolis;.

I swear the ink isn't even dry yet as I am the first uber geezer to touch it.
Be sure to grab the Star Notes!
:2 thumbs up:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I have seen Tora Tora Tora, Midway, Patton and LeMans. That pretty much covers the only good movies ever made by Hollyweird.

I'll never see this joker movie.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Actually about to catch the 12:15 Joker. Wifey dragged me to Downton Abbey last night ....it was actually pretty entertaining.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I have seen Tora Tora Tora, Midway, Patton and LeMans. That pretty much covers the only good movies ever made by Hollyweird.

I'll never see this joker movie.
Ben Hur, How the West was Won, Cleopatra,.. There are a few more classics out there to be seen. JMHO

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
CULTURE CNN Piece Claims ‘Joker’ Movie is Racist
“An insidious validation of the white-male resentment that helped bring President Donald Trump to power.”

7 October, 2019
Paul Joseph Watson

CNN has published an opinion piece insisting that the movie Joker is a racist “validation of white-male resentment” and an endorsement of Trump’s rise to power.

Yes, really.

“While many reviewers have focused on Fleck as an “incel” hero — his status as a sexless loner who turns to violence — the true nature of the movie’s appeal is actually broader: It’s an insidious validation of the white-male resentment that helped bring President Donald Trump to power,” writes Jeff Yang.

“Joker,” at its core, is the story of the “forgotten man,” the metaphoric displaced and disenfranchised white man whose goodwill has been abused and whose status has been reduced. A man who has been crushed underfoot by the elite, dragged down by equality-demanding feminists and climbed over by upstart nonwhite and immigrant masses.”

https://summit.news/2019/10/07/cnn-piece-claims-joker-movie-is-racist/

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
*Spoiler Alert*

It was worth it just to see Deniro get domed.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Gary Glitter will make some money from this movie, I don't like that.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Gary Glitter will make some money from this movie, I don't like that.
It won't buy him a carton of smokes while he is doing time from what I understand.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
as I understand it Glitter is doing life without and lucky not to have been hung in Thailand.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Can't forget 2001, Blade Runner and In Search of the Holy Grail. Clint Eastwood has done a couple of good ones too.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
One Flew...

Jaws

Network

Dr. Strangelove