• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Junior Mining Companies

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I thought it was time for a new thread trying to pick out some quality junior mining companies again. I see a lot of names that I owned or followed at one time or another. Can't say I did all that well on the last round but trying to learn and do a little better this time. Has anyone really followed any names and have some favorites. I have not kept up on any of them for probably 5+ years.

Looking at a lot of familiar names like: Silvercorp, Osisko, Fortuna, McEwen, Endeavour (had quite a bit of this at one time), Impact, Golden Minerals, Minco, and quite a few others that were bought out or just simply folded. Oh I see the GGSM on there. 95 stocks on the simple Yahoo screen and so, SO many penny stocks. In fact it looks like only 19 in the small-mid caps that are over $1.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Another problem to consider for US Investors is on which exchange do you buy. Many of these are listed on the Toronto exchange .TO and the USD is soaring against the CAD. One I am looking at right now is Alexco so AXU.TO is 1.65 while AXU is 1.47 (with an exchange rate of 1.44). So by my calculation the AXU price should be $1.14 / share. So I would lean to buying the Canadian shares but what happens if the dollar keeps on strengthening? :don't know:

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
A decent presentation. One thing looking for an hour or two. There isn't much silver left. Silver resources and interest seems to have really declined. A lot of those silver producers bought into gold mines. Which makes sense as Gold is up $1,000 / oz while silver is back to the same price. A decent presentation I found.

*Midland* works with the names you previously mentioned and the one I deem worthy of investing in ( Abcourt) It's a penny stock for the moment but could rise again above or near the dollar range. Those might seem like ''forever underdogs'' but the fact that they rose above the dollar range before (& or) after 2008's crisis shows that there is a nice potential.

I think it's also interesting to mention Victory metal ( which was worth a whole lot more in the last few years but could rise again- mind you, it's annoying that I keep mentioning Vanadium but I really think this could be a ten bagger, eventually, especially if we end up going in a trade war with China or just having problems buying some of that from them( It might be cheaper to buy from South Africa but the mine will deplete eventually, and no matter how big it is in Russia the price would never be as nice if we bought it from here) I found an article about quality that I will repost eventually, here are a few more on what this is and why it matters all of a sudden. Altough it might not seem related, I'm telling you right away lots of mining companies all of a sudden are looking for vanadium and as you can read in those articles, they will look even in field. Goes a long way to tell you how everywhere can be dug&plowed from now on.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/26395940.2019.1590162
https://resourceworld.com/victory-metals-poised-for-vanadium-calculation/
https://www.juniorminingnetwork.com...ities-and-its-exploration-work-in-quebec.html

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I have a couple small-micro caps that I like. I have owned Sabina Silver for a long time and I still like their prospects. Much more gold now but they have a big district wide mine way up north that looks very nice to me. I have some bids in on a couple others. SOOOOO little silver reserves. I did make a bid on a small silver miner in Dolly Verden. Very good location but not a lot of work done yet so it's early. I don't even know where to go to get the silver. Perhaps a company like EXK? I really see this as setting up an explosive rally in silver.

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Another problem to consider for US Investors is on which exchange do you buy. Many of these are listed on the Toronto exchange .TO and the USD is soaring against the CAD. One I am looking at right now is Alexco so AXU.TO is 1.65 while AXU is 1.47 (with an exchange rate of 1.44). So by my calculation the AXU price should be $1.14 / share. So I would lean to buying the Canadian shares but what happens if the dollar keeps on strengthening? :don't know:
I've held both AXU and AXU.TO for many years. (Should have taken profits last summer but that's a different story.) They were and will be again soon Canada's only primary silver mine. Personally I think SSR or PAAS or somebody else will buy them out at some point.

As of COB Thursday (no trading Friday),, the prices I have on Yahoo Finance is AXU.TO C$1.98 and AXU US$1.41. So everything looks pretty well in sync. There is a lot of arbitrage on AXU vs. AXU.TO by the trading pros, so the two should never be too far off.

Personally I think the CAD will rally when the oil markets settle down. I'm "all-in" but if I were to put more into it, I would buy on the TSX.

Can you buy on the TSX with your broker? Which broker do you use? I use IBKR.

JMHO DYODD

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Interactive would be much better. I have been on Etrade for some time but I can buy the AXU.TO. I think I would lean that direction as well expecting a strong dollar. That should boost the Dollar return of the CAD stock.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
These guys have slid back today and I added another thousand share of each
MUX TRX GPL I also added EXK & 300 Shares of CDE 300 Shares

Last edited:

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I have a couple small-micro caps that I like. I have owned Sabina Silver for a long time and I still like their prospects. Much more gold now but they have a big district wide mine way up north that looks very nice to me. I have some bids in on a couple others. SOOOOO little silver reserves. I did make a bid on a small silver miner in Dolly Verden. Very good location but not a lot of work done yet so it's early. I don't even know where to go to get the silver. Perhaps a company like EXK? I really see this as setting up an explosive rally in silver.
Sabina has had a really good couple weeks. No news that I could find. One of the few juniors getting close to 2019 highs.

Sabina_apr20.jpg

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
What is the May and June contract at right now..?

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Can somebody answer this?
Why would a company implement a poison pill and then file bankruptcy?? Makes no sense at all to me. any of you seen this before?

Can somebody answer this?
Why would a company implement a poison pill and then file bankruptcy?? Makes no sense at all to me. any of you seen this before?

I can't really say this with actual industry knowledge but the way things are going, it might be a keen move to make sure that whatever money they have is quietly whisked away somewhere else.
That's not unheard of. Here is a prime example. (I have no idea if that's the case with the company you mentioned but I know this is common practice worldwide)
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2003/feb/14/corporatefraud.enron1

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Thanks but here is it case the issue the poison pill then they a few days later have the discussion about possibly filing a chapter 11 bankruptcy which is it a restructuring and will come out of the bankruptcy.. so funny part is it was in the board meeting just members and records keeper maybe a few others I don't know how they do it. They later Reuters breaks the story they're going into bankruptcy stock plunges so they got a fox in The henhouse I Hope they've routed it out by now somebody's about to get fired. Firing somebody like that field support with stock holders if they can see it for what it is a leak in the company. Purging that leak go a long way with the stockholders confidence going forward. In the meantime they've been short it down with reckless abandon they have good management too much debt but a lot of assets a lot of reserves in the ground and they're still operating.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
many of the juniors will dilute the shit out of you as soon as they get the chance

like a crazy bitch, hit it and quit it. dont hang around for the crazy to emerge