• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Junk silver, unbelievable premiums.

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
What’s up? Premiums on junk crazy. Apmex 1$ face in dimes is $29.52. Spot is $26.30. Numbers: $1 face= .715 oz Ag. .715 x $26.30= $18.80 in silver...
about 30% in premium. A Harbinger? Here is what I see, junk has always been the survivalists choice, not Eagles, not bars, or rounds. Seems the survivalists smell meltdown....dimes are the smallest unit of silver available, small money now, but when silver hits $100, $200 an ounce, a dime is perfect for trading, bartering. Comments welcome.
2FB2B618-4729-46AD-9F5B-B3042BFA3CE3.png

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
fractional constitutional money is always a great idea

i'm consolidating right now and selling off my 40% halves and buying dimes and quarters if i can find a deal

last purchase of a roll of dime was less than $125 with taxes and shipping and everything...too much, relative to the $60 rolls i used to buy, and since i'm watching my buy and sell prices, all i'm really doing is trading, so the real winner here is my state, but even with their sticky fingers getting involved, i'm still in the black

Thank You Higher Premiums, (kinda sort of...)

higher premiums have allowed me to filter out some of the lesser value stuff i have and re-load with something better

:green tea:

one thing i've never done, trade two rolls of dimes for a roll of quarters

i've never seen the need to do that, except the quarters let you go a bit deeper into the decimal point with the .05 thing it has going on where the dime won't let you do that

and copper is always for the 1¢ 2¢ things...i won't leave any change on the counter or tip jar or parking lot, at that point, it'll all go back into my pocket

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I bought some Morgans last week. I intend to barter them. Paid 25 FRN per coin for circulated coins.
25 / 0.77 = 32.47 per ozt
No shipping cost or minimum purchase

Apmex junk
29.52 / 0.715 = 41.29 per ozt
$199 order for free shipping.

I have been seeing more concern about the bond market and these new stimmy checks. Trouble is definitely brewing. Tax returns are being to delayed in order to service these stimmy checks. I am considering withdrawing what funds I have in my brokerage account.

Provident right now has good pricing for 5 gram Perth Mint bars.

Screenshot_20210315_103650.jpg

306.36 / 5 * 31.1 = 1905.56

About 1906 FRN''s per ozt and fractional. Also minimum order amount is met with the purchase of one of these.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
fractional constitutional money is always a great idea

i'm consolidating right now and selling off my 40% halves and buying dimes and quarters if i can find a deal

last purchase of a roll of dime was less than $125 with taxes and shipping and everything...too much, relative to the $60 rolls i used to buy, and since i'm watching my buy and sell prices, all i'm really doing is trading, so the real winner here is my state, but even with their sticky fingers getting involved, i'm still in the black

Thank You Higher Premiums, (kinda sort of...)

higher premiums have allowed me to filter out some of the lesser value stuff i have and re-load with something better

one thing i've never done, trade two rolls of dimes for a roll of quarters

i've never seen the need to do that, except the quarters let you go a bit deeper into the decimal point with the .05 thing it has going on where the dime won't let you do that

and copper is always for the 1¢ 2¢ things...i won't leave any change on the counter or tip jar or parking lot, at that point, it'll all go back into my pocket

Yeah, copper is really coming to life. I bought some rounds but they will never be worth the premium paid. I'm with you there, keep those pennies regardless of year (zinc has value too) and nickels.

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
i did over look the zinc, mostly because i'm tripping over the copper one's i have...it's just too much for me already

one day i won't be here because my stacks of nickels and copper cents will have fallen over and crushed me...

all i can add is, if that happens in the morning, i only hope i had my coffee first

i can feel the weight of the profits already

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
too funny!

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Now is just not the time to be buying junk. Sounds like it's time to be selling it if you're so inclined. A little over a year ago, junk was selling at a discount to spot at shows and dealers just about everywhere. The premiums on the various forms of silver are always moving around- especially on 90%. My keeper stash reflects that too- a little bit of everything depending on what was cheapest at the time. When it comes right down to it just try to get the most silver for your bucks when buying it- whatever form it's in. Then when you do start to liquidate you can give them what they want at the time because you will have a little bit of everything..

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
A+

i call that my diversification plan

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I bought some Morgans last week. I intend to barter them. Paid 25 FRN per coin for circulated coins.
25 / 0.77 = 32.47 per ozt
No shipping cost or minimum purchase

Apmex junk
29.52 / 0.715 = 41.29 per ozt
$199 order for free shipping.

I have been seeing more concern about the bond market and these new stimmy checks. Trouble is definitely brewing. Tax returns are being to delayed in order to service these stimmy checks. I am considering withdrawing what funds I have in my brokerage account.

Provident right now has good pricing for 5 gram Perth Mint bars.

View attachment 204745

306.36 / 5 * 31.1 = 1905.56

About 1906 FRN''s per ozt and fractional. Also minimum order amount is met with the purchase of one of these.

Deal is gone, you snooze you lose......