• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Just added $1000/mo. To my bottom line

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The stock mkt is for the insiders, I stay the hell out of it !!

PM's & Real Estate for me !

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I could easily add $1k to my bottom line and lose 100 lbs at the same time, but I would need to find a new wife.

EO 11110

He Hate Me
Mother Lode
if true, this will end in massive losses. there are few, if any, publicly traded issues that yield as described in op. and if there are any, they are close to bankruptcy - so the next market crash, or even correction, will bk some/all of them
my warning above has come home to roost. i still advise selling. not unlikely these losses will double. after that, then you can pick up a few of the higher quality, non-leveraged reits. you will be able to get 4 to 8 percent on them. also might look at mlp, master limited partnerships (oil, pipelines, etc) - they have better yields, but more risk. and goofy tax form crap

AMZA - down approx 19% from your Oct post to today - approx 4 month price performance. your divs have offset a small part of the losses.
BDCL - down 21%
CEFL - down 14%
MORL - down 26%
PER - down 23%
WPG - down 35%

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My losses weren’t that severe because like I said as soon as I bought in I began feeling uneasy, the 8 issues I started out with turned to 6 then 4, just this morning I was down to 2 issues, cefl and NRZ, I took a $3500 loss on the stocks after collecting some divid, my crypto loss on paper is $6k at the monent

EO 11110

He Hate Me
Mother Lode
My losses weren’t that severe because like I said as soon as I bought in I began feeling uneasy, the 8 issues I started out with turned to 6 then 4, just this morning I was down to 2 issues, cefl and NRZ, I took a $3500 loss on the stocks after collecting some divid, my crypto loss on paper is $6k at the monent
great job! i too many times have held losers too long

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
No risk, no reward, took a shot at creating a bit more income but yeah I felt it’s time to cut some losses before it does become catastrophic even at the small 2% of net worth

Sindgefallen

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Great move '97, glad to hear your losses were minimal and I'm sure you can make that back up after another massive market crash (here's hoping for a massive crash again!)

May I offer some unsolicited advice vis-a-vis passive market income investing? Try preferred stocks and even some baby bonds. With interest rates rising they are moving lower, and likely will especially in perpetuals, yet sometimes the moves lower are fast, deep, and irrational. There can be good deals to be had, especially if the issues bought are short-term and come due in the next few to 10 years (much less volatile). Decent passive yields from 6 to 8.5% and even higher in some cases but I am waiting for a larger irrational plunge that correlates with the broader financial markets dropping from their crazy highs of late before committing much more cash to them at a more solid average yield of around 7 to 7.5%.

I sold my rental real estate and moved the cash over piece by piece into preferred's and some baby bonds. I have yet to sell PMs but it is getting tempting to lighten up silver for gold again (purely for physical storage and consolidation purposes and not the ratio). I even placed a large cash chunk into a very healthy bank's 4 week CDs to earn some interest while I wait for the stock market to crash or gold to pullback a little (missed buying at 1310 recently and wish I had).

I'd really like to see real estate drop again like it did 8 years ago, great buys back then and I can only hope for great buys again now that I can amplify my purchases to a greater extent than I did.

EO 11110

He Hate Me
Mother Lode
Great move '97, glad to hear your losses were minimal and I'm sure you can make that back up after another massive market crash (here's hoping for a massive crash again!)

May I offer some unsolicited advice vis-a-vis passive market income investing? Try preferred stocks and even some baby bonds. With interest rates rising they are moving lower, and likely will especially in perpetuals, yet sometimes the moves lower are fast, deep, and irrational. There can be good deals to be had, especially if the issues bought are short-term and come due in the next few to 10 years (much less volatile). Decent passive yields from 6 to 8.5% and even higher in some cases but I am waiting for a larger irrational plunge that correlates with the broader financial markets dropping from their crazy highs of late before committing much more cash to them at a more solid average yield of around 7 to 7.5%.

I sold my rental real estate and moved the cash over piece by piece into preferred's and some baby bonds. I have yet to sell PMs but it is getting tempting to lighten up silver for gold again (purely for physical storage and consolidation purposes and not the ratio). I even placed a large cash chunk into a very healthy bank's 4 week CDs to earn some interest while I wait for the stock market to crash or gold to pullback a little (missed buying at 1310 recently and wish I had).

I'd really like to see real estate drop again like it did 8 years ago, great buys back then and I can only hope for great buys again now that I can amplify my purchases to a greater extent than I did.
just a few comments on prefs -

pref stocks are not 'stocks' at all. they trade like junk bonds. they are the last in line of company debt -- just above dividends to common stock holders. they offer no protection in bk. their price movement is a blend of market interest rates and company specific fundamentals.

they are also VERY illiquid -- when prices collapse, good luck buying them. i tried to pick some up during last crash -- had more fails than successes. lots of spoofing,....offering small odd lot shares, then offer disappears, etc..

one really needs to analyze the present and future state of the corporation's debt and future earnings expectations with prefs

Sindgefallen

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hey Stacks! Great to see you here still.

just a few comments on prefs -

pref stocks are not 'stocks' at all. they trade like junk bonds. they are the last in line of company debt -- just above dividends to common stock holders. they offer no protection in bk. their price movement is a blend of market interest rates and company specific fundamentals.

they are also VERY illiquid -- when prices collapse, good luck buying them. i tried to pick some up during last crash -- had more fails than successes. lots of spoofing,....offering small odd lot shares, then offer disappears, etc..

one really needs to analyze the present and future state of the corporation's debt and future earnings expectations with prefs

Very true on all counts for the most part, still less risky than common stocks and Reits, especially mReits.

I have had no problem picking up preferreds of average liquidity during panics and even the big crash of 08-09. Seems much more difficult to sell on an average day than to buy.

I own some HIGHLY illiquid preferred shares that are grey market, difficult to buy and to sell. However illiquid these are, they pay very good dividends, qualified, and the health of the company is stellar. I own them for passive income that is relatively substantial and I don't need the liquidity even in a major economic downturn.

As for the other preferred shares and baby bonds, I do my research and hold them and buy them as needed and have never had an issue with buying during crashes and panics over the last 20 years. I plan on being heavy them during the next economic downturn, buy more, and raise cash through saving dividends. I retain cash, physical and digital, and PMs for liquidity.

To each their own.