• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

KEEP UP ON YOUR STATE'S BAR ATTORNEYS - Mississippi Lawyers Pledge to Begin Informing Authorities About Clients’ Guns

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
By Warner Todd Huston
"A shocking new report out of Mississippi warns that lawyers in the state are developing a policy of breaching their clients’ trust by informing authorities of their clients’ guns. If you can’t even trust your own lawyer to keep your confidence, who can you trust?
According to The Federalist, lawyers in the Magnolia state are talking about setting up a policy of informing on their own clients if they somehow imagine that their clients might be a danger.
According to The Federalist: Lawyers are required to attend continuing legal education. During a recent ethics seminar, “The ‘Perfect’ Match: Selecting Clients for Successful Representation (Ethics),” Adam Kilgore, general counsel for the Mississippi Bar, offered the following hypothetical to a group of experienced civil and criminal lawyers.
“A man has been fired from his job. He is upset. He hires you as his attorney. You are of the opinion he has an excellent case and file a complaint on his behalf. You later discover he possesses a permit to carry a firearm. He also has a so-called enhanced carry license. While his case is wending through the courts, your client goes to a public area outside his former workplace. He displays signs that say he has been wrongfully fired. The man has no history of criminal activity, violence, or threatening anyone.”
The instructor asked the class what actions, if any, a lawyer should take. It seemed obvious to me there was no reason to do anything except proceed with the client’s case. I (Jude) would also advise my client to avoid confrontations with anyone who worked for his former employer and what he might consider saying if approached by the media".
But the class room insisted that they should terminate their attorney-client relationship and turn their client into the police.
The new anti-gun policy shocked the Federalist’s write. But it also outraged Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA).
“This incident was reported by The Federalist,” Gottlieb said. “It revealed that several attorneys attending a seminar in Mississippi said they would ‘terminate the attorney-client relationship and contact law enforcement to report their client was potentially dangerous’ just because they own a gun, even if the client had done nothing wrong. That seems like a terrible violation of attorney-client confidentiality.”
“This isn’t about guns so much as it is about privacy,” Gottlieb observed. “It’s not just the Second Amendment under attack, but the rest of the Bill of Rights as well.”
More Here: https://godfatherpolitics.com/missi...gin-informing-authorities-about-clients-guns/

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Soros spent a fortune on State Attorney General positions over the past few elections, we clearly understand the operations 'side door' towards weapon control but private attorneys turning in their clients? I thought that was a clear no/no and was reason to dis-bar

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Soros spent a fortune on State Attorney General positions over the past few elections, we clearly understand the operations 'side door' towards weapon control but private attorneys turning in their clients? I thought that was a clear no/no and was reason to disembowel
FIFY

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Why would you tell a lawyer if you had guns in the first place?