• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Kenyan official: Obama born here

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Kenyan official: Obama born here

<!-- end head --><!-- deck -->[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]In debate over constitution, minister urges African nation to emulate U.S. inclusion[/FONT]

<!-- end deck --><HR SIZE=1>[SIZE=-1]Posted: April 11, 2010[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]6:22 pm Eastern[/SIZE]

By Drew Zahn
<!--- copywrite only show on NON commentary pages as per joseph meeting 8/23/06 ------>[SIZE=-1]<!-- copyright -->© 2010 WorldNetDaily [/SIZE]

A Kenyan lawmaker told the nation's Parliament last month that Barack Obama was born in Africa and is therefore "not even a native American."

During debate over the draft of a new Kenyan constitution, James Orengo, the country's minister of lands and a member of parliament for the Ugenya constituency, cited America's election of a Kenyan-born president as an example of what can be accomplished when diverse peoples unite:

"If America was living in a situation where they feared ethnicity and did not see itself as a multiparty state or nation," Orengo posited, "how could a young man born here in Kenya, who is not even a native American, become the president of America?"

more: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=139481

Stu

I don't understand this debate. The constitution says that the president must be a natural born citizen, meaning being a US citizen by birth not by immigration or marriage. His mother was a US citizen therefore he is, what difference does it make where he was born?

Disclaimer: I am not an Obama fan, he sucks almost as much as Bush did, I just don't get this "conspiracy".

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
I don't understand this debate. The constitution says that the president must be a natural born citizen, meaning being a US citizen by birth not by immigration or marriage. His mother was a US citizen therefore he is, what difference does it make where he was born?

Disclaimer: I am not an Obama fan, he sucks almost as much as Bush did, I just don't get this "conspiracy".
"Natural born" means both parents must be US citizens.

Further, his mother could not convey citizenship to the child because she was not 19 years old when Barry was born. That was the law at the time.

This has been hashed out a dozen times on GIM1.