• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Largest Gold Nugget Ever Found

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
"The largest 72kg gold nugget ever found (called the Welcome Stranger), discovered by two miners John Deason and Richard Oates on February 5, 1869, near Moliagul, in the state of Victoria, Australia". -- Ancient Archaeology

FB_IMG_1662247773261.jpg

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Damn, that's nice. But I would trade it in a heartbeat for the same weight in Austrian 1 and 4 ducat coins.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Now that would be an interesting trip for the rest of your life.

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I understand trading it in for coins, but reality says that the nugget will command a very healthy premium.

That would be a lot of hookers and blow for some of the GIM crew.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Cynical I am

That thing looks like it weighs 1000 pounds and that old man is smiling with it on his lap rather than on his way to hospital with crushed kegs

beautiful rock ;)

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Cynical I am

That thing looks like it weighs 1000 pounds and that old man is smiling with it on his lap rather than on his way to hospital with crushed kegs

beautiful rock ;)
doing the conversation to normal pounds.
171.961 pounds
Like having a nice woman across your lap.
Name it after the finder and sell it private party to the highest bidder after the reserve is met.
Figure out what to do with the money while your looking for it's friends.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Cynical I am

beautiful rock ;)
Not thinking, you are.

That is a plaster cast taken with a COLOR photograph. Used like a banana for reference. The original was broken into an anvil to fit in the weighing apparatus.

Fatrat

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Still, very pretty...

dmsdog

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I have read that a cube of pure gold 14.1 inches on each side weighs a ton

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
^^
if you count what’s been “transferred“ to the politicians basements it’s more plausible

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I do not believe the US figure is anywhere near correct.
It does say HOLD and Store.
Doesn't say own it.
Then the play of if you don't hold it you don't own it, can be twisted anyway it benefits.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The visuals indicate these pics were in the 2012/2013 era:
1662405935875.png

Being NINE year old data I find it not accurate enough as many things have changed and come to light.
As an example it is well know CHINA figures when provided are at least two years in arrears.
There is a good chance the Chi.Comms are now pass the holdings of the United States and Russia has 2298.53 Tonnes as of June 2022 probably surpassing Italy and France.
The US, UK, Canada do not buy gold reserves. UK only 310 tonnes, Canada only 6.56 Tonnes, but Canada does have the natural resource.

Last edited:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Russia’s 12,000 Tonne Gold Hoard
1662727400700.png

(Drops US to #2 and if The Chi-Comms actually divulge their physical gold holdings #3. Gb)
"...
According to Simon Hunt of Simon Hunt Strategic Services, as well as declared reserves of 2,301 tonnes Russia also holds gold bullion in its Gosfund (the State Fund of Russia) bringing its holdings up to 12,000 tonnes. This is significantly greater than the 8,133 tonnes declared by the US Treasury, over which there are widespread doubts concerning the veracity of its true quantity.

Obviously, the Asian partnership has a very different view of gold from the American hegemon. Furthermore, in recent months evidence has confirmed what gold bugs have claimed all along, that the Bank for International Settlements and major bullion operators such as JPMorgan Chase have indulged in a price suppression scheme to discourage gold ownership and to divert bullion demand into synthetic unallocated accounts. "...

Good Article here: https://kingworldnews.com/putins-12...etton-woods-and-the-new-moscow-gold-standard/

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
LOL China likely 25x what's in this info-graphic. US likely 0.