• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Last stop before mass starvation - Americans turn to dollar stores to find affordable processed food

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Are we supposed to believe this BULLSCHIFF ?
https://www.brighteon.com/4cbf1ed8-32ce-43ec-86f8-20f849993857

Last stop before mass starvation - Americans turn to dollar stores to find affordable processed food
All by design, America is plunging into destitution, bankruptcy and mass famine. Along the path to that outcome, the American people are rapidly shifting grocery purchases away from conventional grocery stores to discount "dollar" stores, where heavily processed shelf-stable and frozen food items can be purchased on the cheap.
for many Americans, dollar stores are the last step on the path to famine. If food prices continue to rise -- as they are on track to do -- the very same people who can barely afford dollar store processed food right now will soon find themselves without food options at all. They will starve.
Or, perhaps more accurately, they will revolt as the hunger kicks in, and they will do anything to try not to starve.
Every nation, it is said, is just nine meals away from anarchy (or a revolution). It's not difficult to see that's where all this is rapidly headed.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
All by design, America is plunging into destitution, bankruptcy and mass famine. Along the path to that outcome, the American people are rapidly shifting grocery purchases away from conventional grocery stores to discount "dollar" stores, where heavily processed shelf-stable and frozen food items can be purchased on the cheap.
for many Americans, dollar stores are the last step on the path to famine. If food prices continue to rise -- as they are on track to do -- the very same people who can barely afford dollar store processed food right now will soon find themselves without food options at all. They will starve.
Or, perhaps more accurately, they will revolt as the hunger kicks in, and they will do anything to try not to starve.
Every nation, it is said, is just nine meals away from anarchy (or a revolution). It's not difficult to see that's where all this is rapidly headed.
actually my female unit said a few weeks ago she was looking for regular ole saltine crackers and couldnt find them anywhere so she stopped at a dollar general store and they had some......and she also noticed and bought pie fillings she had been looking for, for a while ........so it has become a sometimes stop for her not for cheap food but for items she cant find in the regular big stores.......we have limited sources locally.....

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
actually my female unit said…
Your female unit talks to you? You may want to go back to your plastic surgeon again tomorrow and see what can be done about that.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Ehhh…whatever. Most folks that are REALLY unable to afford food get hefty food stamp allowances and are still buying steaks anyways on my dime.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Reminds me of those ads you see about 'hunger in America'.
Really? Show me one person who is really starving. I've never seen one.
Although, I was famished after working out last night. When I came home my wife had made a big pot of goulash.
That was close.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I don't know what's so unbelievable about this.

It may not be true, or not accurately presented; but I know, instinctively...people who will go get in the car, drive ten minutes, then sit in line at a drive-thru for twenty MORE minutes, to get a mediocre hamburger of mystery meat, rather than cook up a lunch that's better and takes maybe ten minutes...will also go to Dollar General looking for Swanson frozen dinners, rather than throw some marked-down roast into a crock-pot.

It is what it is. Stupid is as stupid does - someone so stupid as to shoot a McGarbage employee because momma's fries were cold...will make other stupid and pathetic choices.

CiscoKid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I don't know what's so unbelievable about this.

It may not be true, or not accurately presented; but I know, instinctively...people who will go get in the car, drive ten minutes, then sit in line at a drive-thru for twenty MORE minutes, to get a mediocre hamburger of mystery meat, rather than cook up a lunch that's better and takes maybe ten minutes...will also go to Dollar General looking for Swanson frozen dinners, rather than throw some marked-down roast into a crock-pot.

It is what it is. Stupid is as stupid does - someone so stupid as to shoot a McGarbage employee because momma's fries were cold...will make other stupid and pathetic choices.

Anyone can throw a burger on the grill, but what to do when you are craving a Chick-Fil-A sandwich?

I recently had a craving for Chick-Fil-A. Nearest one is a twenty minute drive. That wasn't happening. So I pounded some boneless, skinless chicken breasts flat and soaked them in pickle juice and milk. Dredged them through the seasoned flour I had put together in a bowl and dipped and dredged them once again. Into the deep fryer they went for ten minutes. I lightly toasted some hamburger buns and added the requisite pickle slices and viola! Chick-Fil-A at home. Since the fryer was hot, I threw some french fries in there as well. Not a fan of the waffle fries.

lunch7.JPG

Be sure to follow me at roadkillisnotjustfordinneranymore.com for more tasty lunch tips. :2 thumbs up:

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

It's bullschiff now.....but give the radical dim's two more years? We will all be underwater when they are done with us.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Propaganda, nothing more. Those 'dollar stores' aren't much cheaper than the supermarkets and their quality is typically not as good as the regular markets

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Anyone can throw a burger on the grill, but what to do when you are craving a Chick-Fil-A sandwich?
What if you are craving some Popeye's chicken?

Tough toenails - when you're broke and food is scarce. I remember a restaurant in my dear departed youth (20s)...Grand River, Ohio. Had a perch fish fry to die for; a full meal, including the best fresh bread, baked right there, that I've ever tasted.

I can't have it. JUST...CAN'T. I don't even know if the place is still open, much less going 2500 miles into a Covid-tyranny Hell to visit it.

You prioritize. I really, REALLY love ice cream. Almost as much as Joe Xiden. But I've become diabetic; and so...no-can-do.

Life sucks, sometimes. You move on.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Propaganda, nothing more. Those 'dollar stores' aren't much cheaper than the supermarkets and their quality is typically not as good as the regular markets
Yeah, the dollar stores are riding on ten years' worth of good press. You're exactly right - prices are cheaper at Wally World; and incredibly, quality is higher at the latter.

I've been in the local one...most of the frozen food I saw in the (dirty) freezer cases, looked to have been wholesaled out after being mishandled. What happened?...a pallet left out in the sun; a freezer unit failed? TRUCK WRECKED, LAYING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD FOR A DAY?

You just don't know. I don't crave a TV dinner badly enough to buy one and find out.

That doesn't mean that the face-diapered Stupids don't go there and buy that schitt, thinking they're saving money. Because THEY TAKE EBT CARDS!.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, the dollar stores are riding on ten years' worth of good press.
Dollar store, good press, you gotta be shitten me !!! I walked into a dollar store, when the first came to our area & I walked right back out. What a shit hole !!

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
My Grandmother who could have afforded anything she wanted loved all the little junk the dollar stores carried. My mother would drive her around to all of her local dollar stores to find that stuff and find deals on food. Supposedly at first there were deals to be had, but now it is just preplanned small packages to fit the price. It isn’t like you’re finding the same size pack you’d get at a big box store on the cheap.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
My Grandmother who could have afforded anything she wanted loved all the little junk the dollar stores carried. My mother would drive her around to all of her local dollar stores to find that stuff and find deals on food. Supposedly at first there were deals to be had, but now it is just preplanned small packages to fit the price. It isn’t like you’re finding the same size pack you’d get at a big box store on the cheap.
That's what I meant by "good press."

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
That's what I meant by "good press."
Back when I was a kid my mother used to shop at a place called Building 19 (the original, to me at least, dollar store). They would buy water/smoke damaged pallets and boxes of goods and sell them on the cheap. Deals could certainly be had if they happened to have what you wanted and you didn’t mind a little smokey scent to what you bought. Dollar stores today are nothing like that from what little I know of them.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Back when I was a kid my mother used to shop at a place called Building 19 (the original, to me at least, dollar store). They would buy water/smoke damaged pallets and boxes of goods and sell them on the cheap. Deals could certainly be had if they happened to have what you wanted and you didn’t mind a little smokey scent to what you bought. Dollar stores today are nothing like that from what little I know of them.
Right. In some places they were called "surplus stores." Different from MILITARY surplus stores, although a few such, dabbled in both.

It got commercialized. Out of Columbus, Ohio, there's Big Lots, which got started that way. What they carry today, I have no idea - there's none near where I am, now. But back in the day, they'd buy inventory of closing businesses, or out of fire-damaged warehouses and stores, and sell them for pennies on the dollar.

Today's dollar stores are not worth the energy to walk through their doors.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Reminds me of those ads you see about 'hunger in America'.
Really? Show me one person who is really starving. I've never seen one.
Although, I was famished after working out last night. When I came home my wife had made a big pot of goulash.
That was close.

Rollie, Maybe you should roll with me for a week or two and I'll show you the dark underbelly of "America the Beautiful". There really are people going hungry out there. Kids who only eat once a day and sometimes that is only at school. You probably don't see the hungry because they don't frequent Gym's and the places that you go.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Rollie, Maybe you should roll with me for a week or two and I'll show you the dark underbelly of "America the Beautiful". There really are people going hungry out there. Kids who only eat once a day and sometimes that is only at school. You probably don't see the hungry because they don't frequent Gym's and the places that you go.
If that is true it is not a lack of food. Do they not dole out welfare where you are at? Sounds like neglect, not hunger as it is presented.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Gov mistrust, Neglect, mismanagement, mental illness, homelessness, etc.... Who cares. Many are going hungry. I'm not a social worker, just the guy who goes in and picks up the pieces after they are broken. I do know that many of the lower class families are not qualifying for food stamps anymore due to poverty level adjustments, so there is that as well.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
Your female unit talks to you? You may want to go back to your plastic surgeon again tomorrow and see what can be done about that.
:laughing:........gotta say my gal is great, most wouldn't believe me if i told them about her she is one in a hundred million.... neither of us are much for useless "talking" ......but usually it is her asking what she can get or do for me ....

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Some stuff at dollar stores is a steal but some of it is just shrunk down packages so you’re actually paying more per unit/oz than you would buying the regular size at WMT.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Gov mistrust, Neglect, mismanagement, mental illness, homelessness, etc.... Who cares. Many are going hungry. I'm not a social worker, just the guy who goes in and picks up the pieces after they are broken. I do know that many of the lower class families are not qualifying for food stamps anymore due to poverty level adjustments, so there is that as well.
Give me a particular example and how you define their hunger.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Immigrants are flooding here because they wish to diet.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Give me a particular example and how you define their hunger.
In a word, No! I'm not going to try to change your perception of what is and what isn't. You originally posted that you were hungry after you got done at the Gym, so from where you stand you won't be able to see what it is that I see. I'm not bad mouthing you or anyone else, but there is a whole different world underneath the one that you live in.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
:laughing:........gotta say my gal is great, most wouldn't believe me if i told them about her she is one in a hundred million.... neither of us are much for useless "talking" ......but usually it is her asking what she can get or do for me ....
Yeah buddy.

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
but there is a whole different world underneath the one that you live in.
I am ready to feed anyone and everyone in my town who is hungry. Seriously. I would probably do it through the Seniors' Center, as they already give daily meals to the "hungry" seniors. Which are probably twenty people. If someone claimed there were forty hungry people in my town, I would challenge them as a liar.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
We have 2 places in town where the homeless stay. East side & west side and sometiems you see a small camper being lived in behind someone's house. My neighbor puts his leftover fast food in boxes & sets it on a table by the dumpster so it's easier for them & they don't go digging and make a mess.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
The people that are going hungry are not going hungry for a lack of food, but rather a lack of resources to obtain that food. It might be a house bound senior in a location where the are no "meals on wheels" or maybe that senior does not have the resources "internet,phone,cable tv" to find where to get a free meal.

The town I live in is small and close knit with little to no homelessness, the small city I work in does not have a senior center that serves meals. They do have a mission and a church that feed the homeless, but if your not homeless and have an apartment or small house you are asked not to keep coming back.

I have met many seniors in my job that live in small apartments or senior's only trailer parks that have just enough money to pay the rent/mortgage and utilities and very little if any left over for food. I didn't say that people are starving to death, but many people are hungry and not getting the right kind of food to live on.

Because of my job, I probably see more of the "undesirables" than many of you. This all started when Rolliefree said "show me one starving person" and it kind of rankled my feathers. If I could only not see one starving person again and only worry about being hungry after working out at the Gym than life would be good.