• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Lebanese Olympians ‘refuse to ride in bus with Israelis’Israeli sailing team trainer says some Leban

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Lebanese Olympians ‘refuse to ride in bus with Israelis’
Israeli sailing team trainer says some Lebanese delegates tried to block Israelis from entering vehicle en route to opening ceremony

Israel's flagbearer Neta Rivkin leads her delegation during the opening ceremony of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro on August 5, 2016. (AFP PHOTO / OLIVIER MORIN)

Members of the Lebanese delegation to the 2016 Olympic Games refused to travel on the same bus as their Israeli counterparts to the opening ceremony in Rio on Friday, with some attempting to block athletes from entering the vehicle, according to a report by an Israeli trainer who claimed to have witnessed the scene.

“I kept on insisting that we board the bus and said that if the Lebanese did not want to board as well they are welcome to leave,” Udi Gal, the Israeli sailing team trainer, wrote in a Facebook post Friday.

“The bus driver opened the door, but this time the head of the Lebanese delegation blocked the aisle and entrance. The organizers wanted to avoid an international and physical incident and sent us away to a different bus.”

So far, no official response on behalf of the delegations was given regarding the incident. The Olympic organizing committee has not yet offered any statement about the incident either.

For the 2016 Olympic Games which officially opened on Friday, Israel proudly showed off its largest delegation ever, with 47 athletes competing in 17 sports. Israel’s delegation also includes 34 coaches and about 25 support staff.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/lebanese-olympic-team-demands-israelis-be-removed-from-shared-bus/

brosil

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Apparently, I'm tired. I read that as lesbian Olympians wouldn't get on the bus with Israelis and I couldn't understand why. I need a nap.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
This will be first time in my life I don't watch any of the Olympics. Too political. Glad to hear that an American woman won the first gold medal though. In a shooting sport too!
The Olympics have become a world stage for political justice warriors. I stopped watching them in the 90's

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
The Olympics has become a perfect example of "Follow the Money".

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I wonder if Franz Klammer has a chance in the downhill this year? That's the last time I watched the Olympics. They are about as relevant as the Labor Day Muscular Dystrophy Telethon.

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Well, geez, I wonder why? Invaded and occupied by Israel, lord knows how many Lebanese killed or maimed by the Israelis, cluster bombs dropped on them by the millions.
Anybody wonder why they don't want to be around the Israelis?

Flight2gold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Can you imagine the shock and horror if here in the United States a group of police officers decided not to ride with a group of obvious looking BLM members. Firestorm.....
Imagine anyone deciding not to get on the bus if they saw a group of lgbtq individuals returning from a rainbow friendly march and a CNN reporter just happened to be around.
They would be labeled Trump supporters within seconds. Lead story.....

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Well, geez, I wonder why? Invaded and occupied by Israel, lord knows how many Lebanese killed or maimed by the Israelis, cluster bombs dropped on them by the millions.
Anybody wonder why they don't want to be around the Israelis?
Unless I missed the sarcasm -here's some for ya:

I know, who would want to sit next to one of them jooos - all that Lebanese blood still on them.
Filthy swine, they never shower
Oh the HOrror

LOLOLOLOL

That's more ignorant than anyone voting for Hillary

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Well, Buck, let's say for argument's sake you are an American athlete at the Olympics. The Chinese invaded your state a few years ago, after some hard core terrorists attacked them from your state. They dropped literally millions of cluster bombs and your 8 year old cousin lost her legs, your grandmother was blown up in her little town, and your brother was bombed and killed trying to drive grandma to a hospital.

You gonna want to sit on a bus with some Chinese?

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Unless I missed the sarcasm -here's some for ya:

I know, who would want to sit next to one of them jooos - all that Lebanese blood still on them.
Filthy swine, they never shower
Oh the HOrror

LOLOLOLOL

That's more ignorant than anyone voting for Hillary
Everything you wrote was made up in your mind... I didn't say jooos, I didn't say they didn't shower, you are a real ahole.

Ignorant? That's you and your classless comment.
No sarcasm here.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
"Israeli sailing team trainer says some Lebanese delegates tried to block Israelis from entering vehicle en route to opening ceremony"

Slow news cycle type article. You have a "trainer" and maybe a couple of Lebanese guys who had a cousin run over by a Merkava tank or their grandmothers house blown up and their not too happy with Gods chosen people so they took stood in the doorway a little longer when the heebs show up.

Not worth fighting over guys.

Let's focus on the positives, a nice looking blond won the first gold in a shooting event and 60 black or brown gangbangers will shoot each other this weekend in Chicago.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
The U.S. is footing the bill for the whole feckin Israel team probably getting more government help than U.S. athletes by far.
Every Jewish billionaire around the globe is funding Hillary's presidential campaign. So I guess it's a push. ;-)